Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Yay another 2 pounds! That means I have 2 weeks to lose another 2 pounds to have lost 2 stone by Christmas!
    I'm pure giddy :D

Meet your sister, I have the chilli jam made, yesterday I made my red onion marmalade, today its lemon curd and going to make your pudding. For neighbours and friends we don't do gifts as such, so I usually just give them 3 jars of my homemade stuff and a bottle of wine. It works well as others will give us plum chutney, cranberry sauce, spiced beef, sloe gin etc.

Plus I just love making big batches of stuff. Did you make the SW chilli jam or the regular one? I always make nigellas recipe. But I won't be eating it as much as previous years!!

I use a recipe I've adapted from a BBC one, it is delicious but definitely not SW friendly! I tasted the tiniest amount of it yesterday just to check it was hot enough and it blew my head off so I'm happy now, don't need to have any this year!

I am finding it surprisingly easy to stay on plan while surrounded by yummy calorific things...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 thatgirl1

So I had my first meeting yesterday, have to say, really liked what I heard but it's a lot to get my head around! Anyone any. Nice quick recipes for dinner?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

thatgirl1 wrote: »
    So I had my first meeting yesterday, have to say, really liked what I heard but it's a lot to get my head around! Anyone any. Nice quick recipes for dinner?

Have a look on the Slimming World website, hundreds to choose from.

One of my fav is the Chilli. Love it.

Ladies and Gents, does anyone here know what the story is with the Solesta cooking oil spray in Aldi? Saw it in their leaflet the other day, works out at €8.95 per litre (as opposed to Frylight @ €13.50 per litre) but I can't find nutritional value for it, I wonder is it syn free?
    Passed a Frylight delivery truck on the road the other day and idly considered hijacking it, so a lower cost alternative would be welcome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Down 2 lbs tonight. Delighted. I'm only lb off being my lightest again now with sw. Would love to be down another few before Xmas as I'd be the lightest I've been in years. I'm 10 lbs away from my goal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

andreac wrote: »
    Down 2 lbs tonight. Delighted. I'm only lb off being my lightest again now with sw. Would love to be down another few before Xmas as I'd be the lightest I've been in years. I'm 10 lbs away from my goal now.

Well done!! Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Tonight is weighing in, not convinced that I will have lost much... just hoping I didn't put on or stayed the same :o

Well done everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

@dee_mc- Apparently, if it is 2 calories or less per spray, then it's free. I would check with your consultant before taking my word for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hbonbr

martinak89 wrote: »
    How much exercise do you guys do on this plan? I've bought some Jillian Michaels dvds as I want to tone as well as losing weight. I love the plan its just I miss working with my kettlebells :P

You don't have to do any exercise for the plan to work. It does make sense to exercise, so go for it!

• Advertisement

I am really happy tonight, lost 2.5 lbs I am one pound away from losing 2 stone on SW (and close to 4 stone in weight loss altogether!) - I can't believe I am on SW for 11 weeks now and have lost every single week!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Vahevala wrote: »
    I am really happy tonight, lost 2.5 lbs I am one pound away from losing 2 stone on SW (and close to 4 stone in weight loss altogether!) - I can't believe I am on SW for 11 weeks now and have lost every single week!! :D

Well done! That's a fantastic achievement in less than 3 months. You must feel great. I'm kinda stuggling on this diet. This will be my fourth week and iv lost 5lbs in total, whereas a lot in my class are losing more. Any tips :) I have bought the fake away book so looking forward to sampling a few things. If anything this plan is teaching me how to cook, which is going down a treat at home!

ja1986 wrote: »
    Well done! That's a fantastic achievement in less than 3 months. You must feel great. I'm kinda stuggling on this diet. This will be my fourth week and iv lost 5lbs in total, whereas a lot in my class are losing more. Any tips :) I have bought the fake away book so looking forward to sampling a few things. If anything this plan is teaching me how to cook, which is going down a treat at home!

Have you tried the speed soup? My mum uses it and always loses more in the weeks when she has a bowl of the soup most days (as well as her normal food, not instead!) Are you drinking plenty of water?
    The SW falafel recipe is very tasty (if a little dry), I can't remember whether that's in the Fakeaways or the Light Bites book.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,284 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I have bought the fake away book so looking forward to sampling a few things. If anything this plan is teaching me how to cook, which is going down a treat at home!

We're big fans of that book (the "KFC" in particular). Little tip for anyone who wants to save money. All the recipes in all SW books are on their website. You can check out the books in your group and just get the name (eg) and check the recipe online.

I know it's nice to have books handy too so not suggesting people can't enjoy them.

Well il try that soup haven't done it yet. And iv weigh in on Tuesday so il lash in the water for the next four days. Iv found since I'm experimenting with diff dishes it's slowing the weightloss. Could b wrong!

Dodge wrote: »
    We're big fans of that book (the "KFC" in particular). Little tip for anyone who wants to save money. All the recipes in all SW books are on their website. You can check out the books in your group and just get the name (eg) and check the recipe online.

I know it's nice to have books handy too so not suggesting people can't enjoy them.

I'm having the kfc for dinner . Really looking forward to it

Well il try that soup haven't done it yet. And iv weigh in on Tuesday so il lash in the water for the next four days. Iv found since I'm experimenting with diff dishes it's slowing the weightloss. Could b wrong!

I find if I slip below the 'one third superfree' threshold I'm fecked, lash into the fruit and veg as well as the water and see how you go! It's all trial and error really isn't it :)

dee_mc wrote: »
    I find if I slip below the 'one third superfree' threshold I'm fecked, lash into the fruit and veg as well as the water and see how you go! It's all trial and error really isn't it :)

Well if I'm honest I haven't had much 1/3 this week. Hopefully I can make a bit of a dent in the loss if I do it for the next four days. I will be having wine for xfactor, there is nobody on earth that can stop my sat night drink! That's a big thing stopping me from losing :)

Well if I'm honest I haven't had much 1/3 this week. Hopefully I can make a bit of a dent in the loss if I do it for the next four days. I will be having wine for xfactor, there is nobody on earth that can stop my sat night drink! That's a big thing stopping me from losing :)

Ah sure syn it and compensate by being a very very good boy/girl and eating up all your veggies :P I feel like a mammy trying to encourage myself to eat them half the time but I'm really starting to enjoy my veg now for the first time ever, it's amazing how quickly your tastes can change :)

I stick to the same veg all the time the usual carrots and broccoli, I'm so boring!

• Advertisement

I stick to the same veg all the time the usual carrots and broccoli, I'm so boring!

Peppers, baby sweetcorn, butternut squash, raw celery, baby plum tomatoes, mangetout - my new favourites! Can't beat roasted carrots and parsnips with garlic, yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hbonbr

dee_mc wrote: »
    Have you tried the speed soup? My mum uses it and always loses more in the weeks when she has a bowl of the soup most days (as well as her normal food, not instead!) Are you drinking plenty of water?
    The SW falafel recipe is very tasty (if a little dry), I can't remember whether that's in the Fakeaways or the Light Bites book.

I have noticed a similar effect , but with salads. If I have a load of salad in the fridge to graze on, I seem to be sure of a loss that week. So maybe the lesson is find something that suits you to make and that you like eating, that is syn free, make sure you have loads of it available.

Keep at it, you are worth it!

So the SW Christmas Pudding is very easy to make. The hardest bit for me was finding the grater :D
    It's currently steaming away on the hob, smells good anyway.
    Contemplating wine with X Factor tonight, thanks ja1986 !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Guys just when I see ye talking about the fakeaway book, you can buy a PDF file of it on eBay, I got it for like99p and they mail it to you! Handy to have it!

Gee_G wrote: »
    Guys just when I see ye talking about the fakeaway book, you can buy a PDF file of it on eBay, I got it for like99p and they mail it to you! Handy to have it!

Ooooh good to know! Il try downloading the other books. Is there something I should put in the ebay search bar because I can't see any for the price. Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Ooooh good to know! Il try downloading the other books. Is there something I should put in the ebay search bar because I can't see any for the price. Thank you :)

I don't actually know, I seen it posted months ago on an English skimming world Facebook page so I didn't have to search it! Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Boom 5lbs down tonight! I actually feel like a bazillion dollars! I missed weigh in last week so I thought I'd have a gain or a maintain but to be 5lbs down! I'm actually lost for words! Can't wait to tuck into my diet cola chicken when I get home!

Wellyd wrote: »
    Boom 5lbs down tonight! I actually feel like a bazillion dollars! I missed weigh in last week so I thought I'd have a gain or a maintain but to be 5lbs down! I'm actually lost for words! Can't wait to tuck into my diet cola chicken when I get home!

Well done that is amazing! :D

I am nervous already about Thursday... 1 lb to go to a 2 stone loss with SW and 3.5lbs away from a 4 stone weightloss overall..I am so desperate to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,284 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

New SW books coming for members over Xmas/New Year

Our group was down about 50% (or more) tonight. Assume there's plenty taking time off for Xmas. I couldn't do that

Oh and I reached 2 stone too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I'll be skulking back to group with my tail between my legs tomorrow :o Skipped weigh in last week as I'd been away for a boozy, foody weekend and knew I'd be up, but since skipping it I've fallen so far off the wagon I can't even see the wagon anymore! I'm 100% in Christmas party mode already so I'm hoping to rein it back in enough just to maintain over the next few weeks and I'll be back to it properly in January then!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement