Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

I'll be skulking back to group with my tail between my legs tomorrow :o Skipped weigh in last week as I'd been away for a boozy, foody weekend and knew I'd be up, but since skipping it I've fallen so far off the wagon I can't even see the wagon anymore! I'm 100% in Christmas party mode already so I'm hoping to rein it back in enough just to maintain over the next few weeks and I'll be back to it properly in January then!

Iv my weigh in tomorrow too. The bloody weekend kills me :( I'm sending positive vibes your way and you send them back to me and we should be good!

Vahevala wrote: »
    Well done that is amazing! :D

I am nervous already about Thursday... 1 lb to go to a 2 stone loss with SW and 3.5lbs away from a 4 stone weightloss overall..I am so desperate to do it!

Plenty of green tea and u got that lb off. Well done. Ur a good role model for a sw newbie like me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

ja1986 wrote: »
    Plenty of green tea and u got that lb off. Well done. Ur a good role model for a sw newbie like me!

Thank you :) Unfortunately I can't drink green tea (or any tea come to think of it, I can't drink any caffeine) - I am really hopeful that I will do it!

My group are having a Christmas party this Saturday, can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Iv my weigh in tomorrow too. The bloody weekend kills me :( I'm sending positive vibes your way and you send them back to me and we should be good!

Fingers crossed for both of us!

Well I had weigh in today and I was down 1 1/2 lb. so iv lost 6 lbs in 3 weeks. I really wasn't expecting that as I had 3 takeaways this week. This plan is really confusing me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Well I had weigh in today and I was down 1 1/2 lb. so iv lost 6 lbs in 3 weeks. I really wasn't expecting that as I had 3 takeaways this week. This plan is really confusing me!

Don't think about it too much to be honest. Just try and do the right things most of the time and you'll get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Just be careful, as those take aways could show next week. You wont get away with doing that every week and not gain lol.

I haven't had a takeaway in 12 weeks, I think I have finally lost my addiction to fast food. I used to crave them in the past :o

Well done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Well my SW plan went out the window yesterday! Few glasses of wine, baileys coffee, Christmas dinner with stuffing and cranberry sauce, SW Christmas pud with low fat custard and cream ( :D ) .... So my weigh in tomorrow should be interesting!
    But I'm happy enough with a small loss/small gain this week, I'm fine with taking things a little bit easier over Christmas too, because I feel much more in control of my food intake now :)

andreac wrote: »
    Just be careful, as those take aways could show next week. You wont get away with doing that every week and not gain lol.

Oh god done say that!!! It prob will though because last week I stuck to plan and didn't lose anything and this week I didn't stick to it and had a loss. That's what I mean by confusing. I think my body is a week behind! Il be extra good this week to compensate for those takeaways. They wernt even worth it I felt so horrible and bloated afterwards.

Has anyone made the kfc chicken yet in the book? I done it last night with the mixture and coated in breadcrumbs and when it came out of the oven all the coating just slid off the chicken. Has anyone any tips to make the coating stick and crunchy?

• Advertisement

I have looked up where I can weigh in over the Christmas & NY and I feel so relieved knowing I can weigh in elsewhere. :) I will be strict with myself over Christmas.. I am going to the SW Christmas party on Saturday but have been told it is SW friendly :D

I may have two alcoholic drinks and drink soft drinks for the rest of the night. I really don't want to mess things up.. I am that determined to shift this weight :)

I have looked up where I can weigh in over the Christmas & NY and I feel so relieved knowing I can weigh in elsewhere. :) I will be strict with myself over Christmas.. I am going to the SW Christmas party on Saturday but have been told it is SW friendly :D

I may have two alcoholic drinks and drink soft drinks for the rest of the night. I really don't want to mess things up.. I am that determined to shift this weight :)

Fair play to you! You're doing so well and it's all down to your motivation and determination :)

dee_mc wrote: »
    Fair play to you! You're doing so well and it's all down to your motivation and determination :)

Thank you :) I guess because I didn't have motivation/willpower before SW, I am grabbing it with both hands now and don't want to let go!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

My SW class is on a wed morning and our leader has said we can do a weigh in (no body image) on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. At least that will be some motivation to keep good over the festive season.

Not sure how tomorrow will go, sticking to the plan but really miss my walking. Haven't walked in 2 weeks, still on the anti inflammatories, would love to lose that pound to get to 2 stone loss since August. Fingers crossed!!

Signed up for swimming lessons in jan, at least there will be no pressure on my foot!!

I was up 1lb today, totally deserved! Back on the wagon now and just taking it one day at a time.

Has anyone made the kfc chicken yet in the book? I done it last night with the mixture and coated in breadcrumbs and when it came out of the oven all the coating just slid off the chicken. Has anyone any tips to make the coating stick and crunchy?

Dunno if it's the one in the book but we use Smash instead of breadcrumbs (the instant mash potatoes - they're syn free).

Added to smash is

1/2 tsp paprika (sometimes more)
    1/4 tsp mild chilli powder
    1/4 tsp onion powder
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper

we have that in one dish and 3 eggs (slightly beaten) in another

Coat chicken in eggs, then smash mix
    Then repeat both of those and stick in oven

The above measurements are for 2 large chicken breasts

Weigh in today and I stayed the same, yaaaay! Back to being good now and hoping for 2 stone award next week :)

Me too Dee. Was happy to stay the same as had a bad day on Sunday.

Nervous about weigh in already today! I have popped down to Aldi to pick up Pineapples... they are on the super six deal... got 4 :D

Nervous about weigh in already today! I have popped down to Aldi to pick up Pineapples... they are on the super six deal... got 4 :D

What price are they Vahevala? I was hoping they would be on special offer somewhere as I make pineapple chutney!

• Advertisement

Think they're 59c. We cut them up and freeze them. Great little "treat" after dinner

What price are they Vahevala? I was hoping they would be on special offer somewhere as I make pineapple chutney!

They are 49 cent each :D

They are 49 cent each :D

Any advance on 49c? :D
    That's brilliant, too late for chutney but as above, a gorgeous snack. Mmmmm ham and pineapple together, the perfect 'free + superfree' pairing!

Any advance on 49c? :D
    That's brilliant, too late for chutney but as above, a gorgeous snack. Mmmmm ham and pineapple together, the perfect 'free + superfree' pairing!

I heard they may reduce again closer to Christmas if they can't sell them :D Though in the Aldi closer to me, they were flying out the doors! A bag of Clementines are also 49 cent. Clementines and Pineapples are a wonderful snack.

Weighed in tonight and lost 2 lbs and officially lost 2 stone on Slimming World in 3 months.... whooooooo :D

If I lose another 1.5 lbs, I will have lost 4 stone weightloss in total :D

Weighed in tonight and lost 2 lbs and officially lost 2 stone on Slimming World in 3 months.... whooooooo :D

If I lose another 1.5 lbs, I will have lost 4 stone weightloss in total :D

Amazing. Huge well done. I'm sure that feels nice for Christmas.

Amazing. Huge well done. I'm sure that feels nice for Christmas.

Thank you :) I really would love 4 stone off by Christmas so really hope I can do it. It would be a fantastic Christmas present to myself! :)

Thank you :) I really would love 4 stone off by Christmas so really hope I can do it. It would be a fantastic Christmas present to myself! :)

2 weigh ins to go, that's if you weigh in Christmas week. No bother to you!! :)

2 weigh ins to go, that's if you weigh in Christmas week. No bother to you!! :)

I am weighing in next week as normal, then the following two tuesdays and then back to my Thursday... so would love to do it :D

I think once my current 12 wk countdown is up, I will buy another one for 90 euro, saves me rooting around every week for money.

• Advertisement

Well done Vahevala, you're absolutely flying it!

Ive had three 100% on plan days since I went back on Tuesday and Im already seeing it on the scales at home so hopefully the SW scales will be the same on Tuesday!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement