Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Vahevala wrote: »
    I am weighing in next week as normal, then the following two tuesdays and then back to my Thursday... so would love to do it :D

I think once my current 12 wk countdown is up, I will buy another one for 90 euro, saves me rooting around every week for money.

The countdowns are so handy! I always feel like a goon handing in a €50 note, always seems to be the only bit of money I have on a Wednesday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Vahevala wrote: »
    Weighed in tonight and lost 2 lbs and officially lost 2 stone on Slimming World in 3 months.... whooooooo :D

If I lose another 1.5 lbs, I will have lost 4 stone weightloss in total :D

Well done vahevala, fantastic achievement!!

Had my weigh in on wed, was up half a pound. Not too annoyed by it as still on medication.

Foot nearly better so hopefully back walking next week. Would so love to lose that one and a half pounds by Christmas to have reached my 2 stone on SW.

Best of luck to you all over the next few weeks. Won't be easy but think about it before you eat it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I was rooting through some pics and found some pictures of me at my worst size I have dropped four jean sizes & four top sizes since then and I am 1.5 lbs away from losing 4 stone in total. I know I am not perfect yet and still have some way to go but I am determined to make it to target

Me before:

fuanq1.jpg
    2yor6fk.jpg

Me now:

2ykb15i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Wow Vahevala that's amazing. Well done! !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

So happy! Went to my meeting last night expecting to have put on weight since I was picking at chocolate, eating popcorn in the cinema and even had chipper food at the weekend, walked onto the scales and was 2 1/2 pounds down ^_^
    I am now officially 1 1/2 pounds away from my stone award, 1 month after I started slimming world. Never been so happy!! Just hoping my boldness wont catch up with me next week :P

martinak89 wrote: »
    So happy! Went to my meeting last night expecting to have put on weight since I was picking at chocolate, eating popcorn in the cinema and even had chipper food at the weekend, walked onto the scales and was 2 1/2 pounds down ^_^
    I am now officially 1 1/2 pounds away from my stone award, 1 month after I started slimming world. Never been so happy!! Just hoping my boldness wont catch up with me next week :P

Well done, great achievement!
    I've no idea what the scales will tell me tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

5 weeks in and I'm 1st 0.5lb down.. next stop- Club 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Weighed in yesterday and was half a pound down and can I just say it's a miracle! I had my sisters 21st on Saturday night and I absolutely went nuts! Saying that I was an angel up til Saturday night! But my god I went crazy drank lots of Heineken, ate my weight in chicken goujons and cocktail sausages. Then I rounded off my Sunday hangover with a chicken fillet roll with cheese and a medium dominos pizza and a garlic pizza bread! That's been my only splurge since I started slimming world and to be honest I don't miss it at all. So my little loss this week brings me to 1 stone 11lbs in 11 weeks. My consultant has her fingers crossed for my 2 stone by 2015 but I'm going to be nice to me over Christmas and then go back to being a goody two shoes in the new year!

Hi all looking for a bit of help, I forgot to mention at my meeting on Monday that I have a work dinner tonight and would love some advice on the menu! I really wont to be down at least 1 1/2 pounds for next Monday for my 1 stone award, so I'm trying to be good!!
    Heres the link to the menu:
    http://www.labohemerestaurant.ie/index.php/twinkle-christmas-menu/

Any help is really really appreciated! Thanks ^_^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Hi all looking for a bit of help, I forgot to mention at my meeting on Monday that I have a work dinner tonight and would love some advice on the menu! I really wont to be down at least 1 1/2 pounds for next Monday for my 1 stone award, so I'm trying to be good!!

Id say the salmon for the main course, maybe the veloute for starter? And maybe the pineapple and coconut dessert - or you could see if they'd make a fruit salad bowl for you instead.

Up half a pound, disappointed but I know it's partly hormonal, partly digestive and partly because I didn't eat enough earlier in the week :(
    Ah maybe next week but if I have to wait til January for my 2 stone award I will still be happy

For starter I would probably have the risotto, maybe ask without the lemon oil, or else the crab creme brûlée, (although there will be some cream in this).

Main course I would have the steak with the sauce on the side. Be careful of the veg, as a chef I know lots of butter is used when serving it, plus this time of year there will probably be sprouts which are usually served with smokey bacon, extra syns.

Desserts, not really much to choose from there. A lot of cream and sugar in all of them. The clafoutis is a flan with the pineapple & coconut mixed into the mix, so sugar, flour, butter etc in it. Maybe ask for a fruit salad as mentioned earlier.

If you are not having any wine maybe you could choose other opinions but if you are determined to stay on target look out for the hidden syns. Butter, we chefs love using butter when cooking :o:o

It's only one meal also, so enjoy yourself, best of luck and Bon appetite ;)

Well folks I am one happy woman today. Despite damaging my foot again on Monday, time of the month and going out for dinner Sunday night and having a good few drinks I managed to loose 1 and a half pounds.

So so happy, I did have a very busy weekend didn't stop running around for 3 days, setting up for our Christmas sale of work and baking all weekend, so that had something to do with it.

But I have now reached my 2 stone weight loss since the 12th of August. :D:D still only half way there but delighted to have reached my target of 2 stone by Christmas. Now to stay good for the next 2 weeks........

Weighing in tonight... I need to lose 1.5 lbs to get to a 4 stone loss overall (lost 2 stone 1lb so far on SW). Would be fab to get this by Christmas.

I am weighing in again on Tuesday (but I expect I won't have lost anything by then!) :)

Costa have sugar free syrups :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Does anyone else use the app? I noticed mine had updated today and everytime I tried to open it, it stopped working and turned itself off.

Wellyd wrote: »
    Does anyone else use the app? I noticed mine had updated today and everytime I tried to open it, it stopped working and turned itself off.

I think a lot of people are having technical issues with it, I think SW are still working on it.

I am so happy! I lost 3 lbs this week...That means I have lost 2 stone 4 lbs with SW and overall 4 stone 2 lbs... I am feeling on top of the world now...
    So happy that I got to a 4 stone loss just in time for Christmas! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Wellyd wrote: »

I deleted the app. The mobile site is excellent though

Just realised that I am 3 lbs away from another sticker on my book, the 2 and a half stone award! :D I am weighing in again on Tuesday so not sure if I will lose by then... I have upped the water (drunk nearly 1.5 litres so far today) and have already had a 20 min walk, will do another one after work! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Rumour has it(from am English site!) That they're taking bananas and grapes off the super free list on the new plan because of their sugar content! I always thought it strange that these were to be eaten as super free!! Wonder what else will be new...

Gee_G wrote: »
    Rumour has it(from am English site!) That they're taking bananas and grapes off the super free list on the new plan because of their sugar content! I always thought it strange that these were to be eaten as super free!! Wonder what else will be new...

About time, I raised this topic with our group leader once only to be told that they are super free. Studying food nutrition we were always told they were high in sugar. Thankfully I would never eat more than 2 bananas a day, usually only 1 but if I was out shopping I would often buy one to keep me going.
    My friend in Inverness Scotland was out for her SW Christmas dinner last week. She was saying there is lots of new changes in the new year, looking forward to them.

So what are people doing for Christmas, foodwise?
    Alot of people in my group say they're taking the day/week 'off' SW but I'm determined to be as good as possible while still having a fairly traditional Christmas dinner...
    Was thinking of melon as a starter (superfree), roast turkey, boiled or roasted carrots and parsnips, and slimming world chips made with baby potatoes (instead of roast potatoes) - all free/superfree - definitely syns involved for a little honey on the roast ham (using mustard powder too), butter and breadcrumbs for stuffing, cranberry sauce, and custard for with the SW Christmas pud. We had a taster day at group last week and sliced Mallons sausages wrapped in bacon were a big hit! Really yummy nibbles with a glass of wine, or I suppose they'd be good as part of the Christmas dinner too. Smoked salmon rolled up with Quark and chives was another nice idea.
    Anyone have any nice ideas for a free or low syn starter that's a bit more exciting than melon balls?

dee_mc wrote: »
    So what are people doing for Christmas, foodwise?
    Alot of people in my group say they're taking the day/week 'off' SW but I'm determined to be as good as possible while still having a fairly traditional Christmas dinner...
    Was thinking of melon as a starter (superfree), roast turkey, boiled or roasted carrots and parsnips, and slimming world chips made with baby potatoes (instead of roast potatoes) - all free/superfree - definitely syns involved for a little honey on the roast ham (using mustard powder too), butter and breadcrumbs for stuffing, cranberry sauce, and custard for with the SW Christmas pud. We had a taster day at group last week and sliced Mallons sausages wrapped in bacon were a big hit! Really yummy nibbles with a glass of wine, or I suppose they'd be good as part of the Christmas dinner too. Smoked salmon rolled up with Quark and chives was another nice idea.
    Anyone have any nice ideas for a free or low syn starter that's a bit more exciting than melon balls?

Stuffed roast peppers/flat mushrooms? Smoked salmon salad?

About time, I raised this topic with our group leader once only to be told that they are super free. Studying food nutrition we were always told they were high in sugar. Thankfully I would never eat more than 2 bananas a day, usually only 1 but if I was out shopping I would often buy one to keep me going.
    My friend in Inverness Scotland was out for her SW Christmas dinner last week. She was saying there is lots of new changes in the new year, looking forward to them.

A friend of mine told me a couple of months back about a lady that went to her group who's weight loss had come to a complete stand still for weeks, then one week she came in and lost 5 or 6lb, when the consultant asked her what she did differently, she said she left out the bananas!!

I'm the same, I find its the only fruit that fills me, so I always pick them up when I'm out and about too!
    There's also some changes coming to the healthy extras too. I'm interested to see all the changes, its meant to make it even easier to follow!

I am planning to stay on plan all over Christmas & New Year (and even my birthday!), I am treating it like any other day, for me losing this weight is way more important than any nice thing. I will have a few drinks (maybe 2 on Christmas day) and syn them. :)

I am weighing in tomorrow evening in town, it will be 2 days earlier than I normally do so no major drama if the scales don't move too much. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I'm definitely going to stick to plan, and use my syns for a tipple or two :)

Christmas morning fry - mallons sausages, rashers, beans, eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms! (leaving bread out as making stuffing with HEB)

Dinner- Turkey and ham (obvs!) with roasted veg and potatoes (cmon the frylight!) mashed sweet potato, syn free gravy

Dessert- Syn free panna cotta with fruit jelly layer, 1/2 syn cake (as a sheet cake not swiss roll) and syn free custard. Maybe a cheeky slice of Vienetta and we're done!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Starter for us will probably be tomato soup (syn free)

Main course is Turkey, roast potaos (SW style), mash potato (using milk as healthy extra and maybe a bit of lighter than light mayo (small syns) and plenty of carrots, broccoli etc

Dessert we having settled on but that panna cotta sounds nice.

A woman in our group reached 8.5 stone loss today. Unreal.

Yay I did it :) I reached my goal of losing 1 stone before Christmas! Now to try and not put it all back on again eating mam's Christmas dinner :P

• Advertisement

Any one know how many syns there are in raffaello chocolates? I'm after getting some as a prezzie ^_^ I think theyre like a ferrero rocher?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement