Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

martinak89 wrote: »
    Any one know how many syns there are in raffaello chocolates? I'm after getting some as a prezzie ^_^ I think theyre like a ferrero rocher?

I just checked their online syns and each one is 3 syns.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

2.5 pounds off so I got my 2 stone award for Christmas! I'm made up, especially after a tough week with the period from hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

2.5lbs off today! Delighted with myself half a lb to 2 stone and I'd love to get that next week to bring 2014 out with a bang! Got my club 10 aswell! Happy Christmas all slimming worlders! Enjoy your dinner irregardless of whether it's SW friendly or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I weighed in today, two days early and lost 0.5lb, was hoping for more to be honest but still it is a loss.. 14 weeks with SW and I have lost every week.

I will stay on plan over Christmas, so hopefully I see something bigger go on the scales next week! :)

dee_mc wrote: »
    2.5 pounds off so I got my 2 stone award for Christmas! I'm made up, especially after a tough week with the period from hell!

Ah well done dee, delighted for you. It's such a great feeling to get that 2 stone. Enjoy your Christmas.

• Advertisement

Wellyd wrote: »
    2.5lbs off today! Delighted with myself half a lb to 2 stone and I'd love to get that next week to bring 2014 out with a bang! Got my club 10 aswell! Happy Christmas all slimming worlders! Enjoy your dinner irregardless of whether it's SW friendly or not!

All coming together for you, well done!!! It's a great incentive to be good over the holidays to try and get the 2 stone award. I'm sure you can do it. Happy Christmas. :)

I am not sure what it is but when I make SW soup and have it a few times, it seems to halt my weight loss :confused: so lesson learnt, back to usual and eat regular foods.

I have developed a serious addiction to Mallon Garlic & Herb sausages... so tasty. :D

Got a great Christmas gift yesterday, went for my weigh in and was down a whopping 6 lbs. Couldn't believe it, although I do think it was down to finishing with the anti inflammatories, good bit of water retention and last week being my star week. Still it's an amazing loss, missing next weeks weigh in, taking kids away for a few days. Still want to try and stay on track though. Happy Christmas to you all and here's to a happy & successful 2015.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tightloop

My Mam and my sister both lost lots of weight with Slimming World so while I was sceptical at first I'm glad to see it works for some people. Personally I'm a 'tracking calories while eating the foods I enjoy' kind of person and that approach works for me.

Best of luck to anyone wanting to try SW out, it works if you put the effort in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Got the new pack today. Main change is that free and super free foods are just free foods now

Instead of 1/3 super free they want you to have 1/3 'speed' foods. The main differences are that bananas, pineapples, blueberries and a few other fruits are now longer part of your 1/3

Few other changes including Success Express going and being replaced by a new plan based on 50/50 speed/protein foods

Shouldn't be too hard to adjust and it makes sense re: bananas etc

• Advertisement

Dodge wrote: »
    Got the new pack today. Main change is that free and super free foods are just free foods now

Instead of 1/3 super free they want you to have 1/3 'speed' foods. The main differences are that bananas, pineapples, blueberries and a few other fruits are now longer part of your 1/3

Few other changes including Success Express going and being replaced by a new plan based on 50/50 speed/protein foods

Shouldn't be too hard to adjust and it makes sense re: bananas etc

Cool, good to hear it's only small changes!
    I don't have a working scales but my jeans are fitting the same as they were last week so I'm happy enough, had a good Christmas and a great wedding since last weigh in so even if I'm up a bit I can live with it!
    Stayed very much on plan 80% of the time but wow there's alot of booze and chocolate around at this time of year and I'm only human :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Pineapple no longer part of superfree? Not good as I ate loads of pineapple as my superfree :-(

andreac wrote: »
    Pineapple no longer part of superfree? Not good as I ate loads of pineapple as my superfree :-(

Very sugary though! I'm in the same boat, my main superfree foods are bananas, grapes and pineapple... ah well, it's working so far!

Down a pound! I'm still laughing!

I am really interested in the new extra easy SP plan. Eager to get the new pack! I am weighing in this evening.

I think I have been pretty good food wise.. had a good few drinks Christmas Day but hopped back on plan on the 26th so it will be interesting to see what the scales think! :)

Ate like a heifer all week and somehow managed to maintain this week! I'm still in shock! It's still Christmas in my mind so I probably won't get back on plan til New Years!

Good luck with it awordygirl, it's so worth doing. I look and feel like a different person and I'm only about halfway there!

I weighed in yesterday and lost 2 lbs, so I am 1/2 lb away from losing 2.5 stone with SW and in total, I have lost 4 stone 4 lbs so really happy with that.

I will go back to attending my normal group next week, it will be 9 days before I weigh in again :) I am doing extra easy SP this week, interested to see what I will lose :D

Oh god, I was doing so good up until Sunday. Was away with the kids for a few days and I have bend very bad. Back on plan tomorrow, didn't weigh in this week took it as holiday. So hope to rectify some of the damage I have done the past few days.

Happy new year to you all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

any idea of low syn sauce to cook chicken on george foreman with ?

also

can people put what they lost in how many weeks on sw ( motivate newbie like myself )

• Advertisement

2 stone 1 lb in 17 weeks
    I make a tomato pasta sauce that I have with everything it's yummy and easy to make, just tinned plum tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic, onions, stock, herbs, simmered til it thickens. Freezes well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Starting back on plan tomorrow and just came across the Extra Easy SP plan so I'm going to give that a go for my first week. There's just one element of it I'm unsure of. I get that cutting out the carbs should give a better loss but I really love my carbs! Is it possible to use my syns on stuff like pasta for a couple of days, and if I can, how do I syn it since they're usually free foods? I read on the website that if you really want to include some of the normally free foods you can but I'd feel like I was cheating if I wasn't counting them as syns.

any idea of low syn sauce to cook chicken on george foreman with ?

also

can people put what they lost in how many weeks on sw ( motivate newbie like myself )

Definitely try the cola chicken! Its amazing I eat it at least once a week!

http://www.slimmingworld.ie/recipes/diet-cola-chicken.aspx

1st 13.5lbs in 12 wks! Damn that pesky half lb! Club 10 already! Fingers crossed this time next year I'll reach my target!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

anybody in the santry class on a mon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Have only just started, what's the best tool / app for checking syns, especially when on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Is the extra easy plan the fast weight loss plan?

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    Is the extra easy plan the fast weight loss plan?

Extra Easy SP is the fast weight loss plan. Only recommended for a week full time and then can be used a few days a week. Normal Extra Easy is just the simplest plan to follow as far as I'm aware. Wouldn't necessarily produce any better results than Red or Green.

Anybody else struggling to cut out the sweet treats after Christmas?! I'm actually dying for something sweet and it's so unlike me because I'm normally a savoury person! I hope the SW fish and chip fake away in the oven will help!

Wellyd wrote: »
    Anybody else struggling to cut out the sweet treats after Christmas?! I'm actually dying for something sweet and it's so unlike me because I'm normally a savoury person! I hope the SW fish and chip fake away in the oven will help!

Right there with you - all I want is chocolate, ice cream and bread! Just had a lovely pasta dinner but in an hours time I'll be in the snack zone again, eek!
    Fruit definitely helps though. Might chance a hifi light bar later too.

• Advertisement

I'm not struggling with the sweet stuff yet. I ate so much of it over the last couple of weeks that it's a relief to get a break from it! I have a massive craving for white toast though! Had it every morning for breakfast over Xmas. I LOVE white toast :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement