Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

So I'm super confused at the moment! I haven't done a tap of proper exercise since I started in November and have lost over a stone which I'm delighted with bug I've no started cycling and seem to be gaining, obviously I know it's fat converting to muscle but still thought I be getting losses :( surely exercise can't have that much of an effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭nhg

Hi Guys & Gals, I have been following this thread well over a year now & find it great.

Just wondering if any of you can help me (& hopefully some of you too). I am on the EE SP plan since Friday (trying to kickstart myself after the Xmas & reach my 2 stone target - 1 stone in 2013 & nearly another since November 2014). I haven't felt as good in a long time but would still like/need to lose another 2 stone over the next yr to become a size 12.

Is Fage Total 0% classed as a P like quark?

My tastebuds seem to have changed & I don't like any of the other FF yogurts anymore, love the Fage with fresh fruit, as a dip with sweet potatoe wedges, with prawns, straight out of the tub on its own....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

nhg wrote: »
    Is Fage Total 0% classed as a P like quark?

No it's not a P. No yogurt counts as a P.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mikeingalway

Started on New Years Day! Any lads around here ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I'm hoping to sign up this week. Just wondering what's the deal with signing up for 12 weeks; it says you get free membership and two free weeks. Makes sense to me to register for 12 weeks but I feel like I'm missing something. Is there a reason why you wouldn't so this?

• Advertisement

I started EESP on fri and I already felt a lot lighter so I got on the scales this morning to check...4.5lbs off in 2 days! I know some of that is water weight but I usually loose about 5lbs my first week back on plan, so it looks like I'm going to go way over that this week if I stick to it.

There's no way I'd consider doing it for any longer than a week but it's definitely a great kick start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

yellow hen wrote: »
    I'm hoping to sign up this week. Just wondering what's the deal with signing up for 12 weeks; it says you get free membership and two free weeks. Makes sense to me to register for 12 weeks but I feel like I'm missing something. Is there a reason why you wouldn't so this?

Alot of people seem to keep it 'week to week', I only copped on to the 12 week plans about 10 weeks ago and I will be buying another one.
    I'd say part of the reason some people avoid signing up for the 12 weeks is that you have to pay up front. For me it's so much more convenient as I never have the right money handy.
    Also I suppose some people don't want the commitment in case they don't get on well with the weight loss plan.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Alot of people seem to keep it 'week to week', I only copped on to the 12 week plans about 10 weeks ago and I will be buying another one.
    I'd say part of the reason some people avoid signing up for the 12 weeks is that you have to pay up front. For me it's so much more convenient as I never have the right money handy.
    Also I suppose some people don't want the commitment in case they don't get on well with the weight loss plan.

Thanks! I think the 12 weeks would keep me there so it's a good thing for me. Hoping to sign up on Tuesday, I'm the worst dieter in the world so this should be interesting!

Thanks! I think the 12 weeks would keep me there so it's a good thing for me. Hoping to sign up on Tuesday, I'm the worst dieter in the world so this should be interesting!

I was the same but SW has really changed the way I think about food. I think it's a really positive way to go. Best of luck with it and if you've any questions throw them out there, not a bad oul bunch on this thread ;)

dee_mc wrote: »
    I was the same but SW has really changed the way I think about food. I think it's a really positive way to go. Best of luck with it and if you've any questions throw them out there, not a bad oul bunch on this thread ;)

Thanks! I'm actually looking forward to getting started...sick of feeling stodgy and rotten...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

How much exercise will be needed to loose weight following this plan!

Technically no exercise required, but there are exercise challenges designed to motivate you to be more active.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

How much exercise will be needed to loose weight following this plan!

I haven't done a single bit of exercise and I'm almost 2 stone lighter since the beginning of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Anybody know if joining up online is actually worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

m'lady wrote: »

If your discipline is strong, online might work for you. I feel most need either the support of group or the weekly weigh in. If you join in group, you get full online access too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Dodge wrote: »
    If your discipline is strong, online might work for you. I feel most need either the support of group or the weekly weigh in. If you join in group, you get full online access too

Thanks for your reply. I know what you mean about the group support/ weigh in. I honestly just can't stand the SW meetings, I find them too long and drawn out and not particularly motivational!

Yeah, each to their own. If you're not enjoying it then I wouldn't be wasting money on it.

Personally I like it, and think I need the weekly "frame"/routine

m'lady wrote: »

I'm an online member and I find it great. None of my local meetings are at a suitable time for me, and I don't really like the whole group thing anyway. Did you get the voucher in the Mirror over the weekend? There's a code to get a discount if you're signing up online as well as a voucher to cover your joining fee if you want to go the group route.

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I'm an online member and I find it great. None of my local meetings are at a suitable time for me, and I don't really like the whole group thing anyway. Did you get the voucher in the Mirror over the weekend? There's a code to get a discount if you're signing up online as well as a voucher to cover your joining fee if you want to go the group route.

It's free to join via the group route until the 24th Jan anyway. http://www.slimmingworld.ie/joining-a-group/nearest-group-details.aspx?classcode=t2ISSpFpups

It says online that the meeting can last 1 hour every week. Do you need to stay or can you get weighed and go?
    Also, can you go to any meeting or do you need to attend the same venue every week?

It says online that the meeting can last 1 hour every week. Do you need to stay or can you get weighed and go?
    Also, can you go to any meeting or do you need to attend the same venue every week?

You don't have to stay for the meeting if you don't want, I find them very helpful but others don't. You don't have to go to the same meeting every week. Go to whichever suits you.

• Advertisement

MIRROR0115

That's the code if you want to join online. It saves you €45

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Woodbrook80

Hi all I joined last night just need a chance to read the book seems ok
    I maybe back here for advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Hi all I joined last night just need a chance to read the book seems ok
    I maybe back here for advice :)

Best of luck and welcome aboard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Weigh in this morning, took a holiday from weigh in last week. I think I enjoyed the Christmas season too much. Will see today, but I'm back on track since Sunday so if up should be rectifying it by next week. 2 stone 6lbs loss in total as of last weigh in. 2015 is my year (I hope) to reach desired weight and get fit. 2 stone 4lbs to go.......

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

I was down 4 1/2lbs last night! I was absolutely delighted! I was hoping for 2 as I'd had a good week and stayed really in plan. I can't believe such a big loss at this stage. Now I only have 3 lbs to go to target. Hope everyone has a great week.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I'm weighing in tomorrow and although have stuck to plan, I feel like I've put on. 9lb to target and it seems to be so out of reach!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I weigh in tomorrow, really hoping for a good result as I am 1/2 lb away from my 2.5 stone award. I did up the exercise on the Wii fit this week so I hope I see a decent result. In total, I have lost 4 stone 4 lbs... 3 Stone 6 lbs to go....

Best of luck everyone :)

A couple of people have been mentioning reaching their target and I was just wondering how you came to decide what that would be? I've had a look at the height/weight range charts and there seems to be a bit of variety on it. Also I've been discussing it with my sister(whose also on SW) and my boyfriend. My sister seems to think the weight I have in my mind won't suit me and my boyfriend thinks another stone would be plenty (believe me it's no where near the weight I'd like to be). However I think that I may aswell do this right and set a lower target than they both think. My consultant was very busy this week with the new member talk and signing everybody up at the end of the group so I said I'd wait til next week to see what she thinks. Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Wellyd wrote: »
    A couple of people have been mentioning reaching their target and I was just wondering how you came to decide what that would be? I've had a look at the height/weight range charts and there seems to be a bit of variety on it. Also I've been discussing it with my sister(whose also on SW) and my boyfriend. My sister seems to think the weight I have in my mind won't suit me and my boyfriend thinks another stone would be plenty (believe me it's no where near the weight I'd like to be). However I think that I may aswell do this right and set a lower target than they both think. My consultant was very busy this week with the new member talk and signing everybody up at the end of the group so I said I'd wait til next week to see what she thinks. Any advice?

I usually go with the height/weight chart. I am 5"4 so I am aiming for 10 stone as I think that seems to be a good weight to aim for and be quite healthy. I will see how I feel when I get there (if I make a new target) or if I am happy there. :)

• Advertisement

Wellyd wrote: »

I set my target as the highest healthy weight for my height according to BMI chart. The way I see it is, if and when I get there I can always set a lower target.
    As of today I've lost 2 stone 4 pounds, which means I have something like 2 stone 12 to go to reach my target. It's going to be pretty slow going, but worth it!
    3 pounds off this week, yay :) I had noticed I looked thinner this week and a few people had said it to me... Trying not to be overly sensitive when people say things like 'hey have you lost a MASSIVE amount of weight?!' - I know it's a compliment but my brain still wants to take it as a sort of backdated insult?! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement