Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Thanks vahevala and dee_mc! I have a good bit weight more to lose. I'm 5ft 7" and to me my target should be about 11 stone which leaves me with another 5 and a half stone to go. Unfortunately it's a lot but I've never been more determined especially getting 2 stone down in 14 weeks. I'll have a chat with my consultant on Monday and see what she thinks. I hope she'll be able to advise me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Wellyd wrote: »
    Thanks vahevala and dee_mc! I have a good bit weight more to lose. I'm 5ft 7" and to me my target should be about 11 stone which leaves me with another 5 and a half stone to go. Unfortunately it's a lot but I've never been more determined especially getting 2 stone down in 14 weeks. I'll have a chat with my consultant on Monday and see what she thinks. I hope she'll be able to advise me!

I think interim targets are a great idea. My consultant was in a hurry the day I started so I ended up setting the 'ultimate' target, but I like the idea of setting a few different goal weights. Definitely have a chat to your consultant - might be an idea to ring her during the week as things can be very busy at the meetings especially with the influx of new members.
    2 stone in 14 weeks is phenomenal, give yourself a serious pat on the back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

If you use the SW website, you can change your goal on that too. It'll show up on the consultants PDA next time he/she checks

Anyone tried the new Speed programme? A lady in my group (not a new member) lost 10 pounds on it this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

dee_mc wrote: »
    Anyone tried the new Speed programme? A lady in my group (not a new member) lost 10 pounds on it this week!

I'm on my 3rd day. I'm not going to lie it ain't easy if you like your starchy rice, pasta and potatoes like I do! I'm hoping it'll be my kick start for the new year! I'm not a breakfast eater so on the first day I had no breakfast and by heck by 3 o'clock after my lunch I was starving! But thankfully I didn't make that mistake the next day! I can see myself doing it for a week but I can't imagine doing it again unless I really need to shift a few stubborn lbs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

Do men go to slimming world ? Just wondering as I'm thinking of going to a class ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Do men go to slimming world ? Just wondering as I'm thinking of going to a class ?

Yup, anyone and everyone can join! There's even a vote for Mr Sleek at the end of the year for the most inspirational man in the group so men are very much welcome! :)

As for targets, mine is set to just above the 'normal weight' point on the BMI chart as I know I like how my body looks at that weight. But after I reach it I'll probably vary between there and half a stone below it just so I have some leeway with holiday weight, Christmas weight, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I tried the SP plan for 1 day, it didn't suit me. I struggled to have a second healthy B and lunches were a bit of a pain and I felt hungry on it so I gave up on it. I will have the full talk about the new plans tomorrow so I may try it again and rethink my options... :)

I don't eat potatoes, rice and the only pasta I have is mugshots lol :) If you do it, what do you do for lunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,424 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

went back tonight , last weigh in was 26 november, was up 7lbs:eek: need to loose 2 stone by june.

whelan2 wrote: »
    went back tonight , last weigh in was 26 november, was up 7lbs:eek: need to loose 2 stone by june.

Welcome back!
    You can do it, no bother to ya :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

I'm just finished my second day sp I'm gonna do it for the week. It suits me ok so far, but do any of ye know if I'm choosing the hex b should it be an s food Everytime? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Woodbrook80

I just started using the website tonight it's great helpful
    Looking for ideas for breakfast don't have much time in the mornings currently switch between porridge and weetsbix just like others thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

hey everyone, planning on buying an airfryer on friday but have been looking them up online and now see an actifryer aswell mainly i will be just using it to do slimming world chips & roasties.

Anybody got one of them and which one would you recommend?

Looking for ideas for breakfast don't have much time in the mornings currently switch between porridge and weetsbix just like others thanks

All Bran, banana and milk. Every day. Exciting stuff!
    My mum has All Bran, fat free natural yogurt, chopped apple and banana, it's pretty nice actually.

melon, strawberries with a muller light on top. or look up overnight oats

My mum has All Bran, fat free natural yogurt, chopped apple and banana, it's pretty nice actually.
    make sure to weigh the all bran

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Woodbrook80

Aw thank you will try those cheers

make sure to weigh the all bran

40g, it's a generous portion size very filling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I don't know if I'm doing this right as I always feel full.

Breakfast fried in the spray not oil

Fried egg (1)
    Quorn Sasuage (1)
    Wholemeal bred (1)
    Beans

Lunch
    Fat free yogurt
    Apple
    Rice cake

Dinner
    Plain white pasta
    Have plate salid

3 cups of tea

3 pints water.

Does this sound alright or is it totally off ?

I don't know if I'm doing this right as I always feel full.

Breakfast fried in the spray not oil

Fried egg (1)
    Quorn Sasuage (1)
    Wholemeal bred (1)
    Beans

Lunch
    Fat free yogurt
    Apple
    Rice cake

Dinner
    Plain white pasta
    Have plate salid

3 cups of tea

3 pints water.

Does this sound alright or is it totally off ?

Looks a little low on protein to me, especially lunch. Also, no syns? And only half your HexB (bread), and no HexA (milk/cheese)?

• Advertisement

Looks a little low on protein to me, especially lunch. Also, no syns? And only half your HexB (bread), and no HexA (milk/cheese)?

Yea it was a bit low today but I'm not hungry! I'm just wondering is this good food to be eating to help me with slimming world ?

Yea it was a bit low today but I'm not hungry! I'm just wondering is this good food to be eating to help me with slimming world ?
    have a look in your book at te speed foods, melon/strawberries, mandarins etc

I'd be worried about the lack of dairy (HexA) and the other half of the HexB. Also my consultant is very insistent that using at least 5 syns per day is key to losing the weight, and I've found it to be true - the couple of weeks where I restricted my syns, I lost alot less weight.
    I'd also be concerned that you might not have enough veg - aiming for 1/3 of each meal.
    If you're full that's great but you need to prioritise the fundamentals (healthy extras, fruit and veg, syns)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

If you are feeling full and not wanting to eat extra, think about using your syns on olive oil instead of the fry light or on sauces, chilli sauce, ketchup, mayo, butter etc.

was thinking about this, if you have all bran, banana and milk you have no speed foods in that , bananas are not speed anymore

Dropped 1/2 pound in my first 3 days.
    Not much but I'm happy it's working!!

was thinking about this, if you have all bran, banana and milk you have no speed foods in that , bananas are not speed anymore

Yep I need to look closer at the new plan, thanks for the reminder!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Oh well not the start to the new year I wanted but I knew well I was up. 3 weddings in 5 days and the gluttony of Christmas has hit me firmly in the ass. Was up 5 and a half pounds in the 2 weeks over Christmas. But I am not going to leave it bother me. Plan now is to lose a stone by my birthday 10 March. Overall down 2 stone and a half pound since August. Onwards and up no downwards on the scale anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I'm a bloke. There's a few of us in the class but it's mainly women (including my wife). There's nothing gender specific about the plan or the meetings though

We get more syns than the women (most blokes have 25 a day, most women have 5-15) which is helpful. I don't tend to snack a lot (now, I used to...) so I rarely go over 15 syns anyway

I've lost over 2 stone in just over 3 months (and that including 2 weeks off plan for a celebration, christmas and new year).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I walked in there with my Ex GF over a year ago. Concious that I was the only fella and that dieting was for girls.

Now I am a proud member and mothered by all the other ladies.

It's fantastic !

Some of them even make me my dinner ! I love them all dearly and despite having hit target and coming to the end of the line with regards to my losses, I cannot leave because, I'd just miss the craic and the characters ! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement