Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Down 8lb today after a very strict week of EESP :) Going to continue with if for another week and add in an extra HEA. It clearly works, and I'm pretty much used to the lack of carbs now.

Oh well done, I done 2 days this week but I wasn't prepared so I'm going to do a full week next week. Could u maybe gimme a few ideas for dinners? Iv sat down and planned my week and I can only think of 3 days dinners and an omelette is one of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭littlemouse22

Hi all, Myself and my mam thinking of joining together tomorrow. Very excited!

Alot of people I know doing it, you can see a HUGE difference!

How is everyone finding it? Can anyone recommend some good meal ideas?

I've Been trying to mentally prepare as I cut down the last week, no fast-food, junk food, mostly salads, fruit, veg, meats fish,, rice, baked potatoe etc.. But I put on 4 pound? 😞 Doesn't make sense to me as my diet was quite bad up until last week - alot of white bread (maybe 6 slices daily), burgers, pizzas, chips, crisps, chocolate, ALOT of fastfoods, frys etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Hi all, Myself and my mam thinking of joining together tomorrow. Very excited!

Alot of people I know doing it, you can see a HUGE difference!

How is everyone finding it? Can anyone recommend some good meal ideas?

I've Been trying to mentally prepare as I cut down the last week, no fast-food, junk food, mostly salads, fruit, veg, meats fish,, rice, baked potatoe etc.. But I put on 4 pound? 😞 Doesn't make sense to me as my diet was quite bad up until last week - alot of white bread (maybe 6 slices daily), burgers, pizzas, chips, crisps, chocolate, ALOT of fastfoods, frys etc..

I've been eating alot of fish since I started SW, one of my favourite dinners is rainbow trout or salmon microwaved or wrapped in tin foil and popped in the oven for 10-12 minutes with a little lemon or lime juice, served with stirfried peppers, homemade tomato sauce (my recipe is somewhere on this thread if you want to search for it) and pasta - yummy and ready within 15-20 minutes, depending on which pasta you use!
    Everyone raves about the Diet Coke chicken, I haven't tried it but it sounds really good.
    I also made some amazing fishcakes back in September/October, using prawns, crab and white fish... much more expensive to make but lovely for a treat or a special meal!
    Pretty much every recipe can be adapted and some of the recipes in the magazines and on the website are great too.
    Best of luck with the plan, you will get used to it and enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

ja1986 wrote: »
    Oh well done, I done 2 days this week but I wasn't prepared so I'm going to do a full week next week. Could u maybe gimme a few ideas for dinners? Iv sat down and planned my week and I can only think of 3 days dinners and an omelette is one of them!

I stuck pretty much to my normal dinners but replaced the usual carbs with speed veg. Tonight I had an omlette with side salad because it's an easy option! Other evenings I've had chicken curry with cauliflower rice(grate cauliflower and zap in microwave for 2 mins), beef burger with butternut squash chips(pretty much the same to prepare as normal SW chips but cook slightly quicker), and a warm chicken salad. I only have myself to cook for so I usually have the same dinner for 2/3 nights.

I haven't fully planned out this week yet, but tomorrow and Tue is going to be seabass with roasted veg. I'm hoping if I do really chunky carrots they'll be a good substitute for potatoes! I also have a couple of butternut squash in the fridge so I'll be using the stem part of them to make pizza at some stage during the week. You just peel it and slice about an inch thick. Spray with frylight and cook for about 20mins in oven(until lightly browned) and turn half way. Top with your pizza toppings and stick it under the grill. I usually have 2 because the diameter of the squash makes for a small pizza, and serve with side salad.

I think I have some mince in the freezer. If I do I'll probably make a spicy sauce for it using a can of tomatoes as the base, and stuff the bottom parts of the butternut squash with it. Top with HEA cheese and bake. Yummy!

I really like butternut squash! It's very filling so a good substitute for your normal carbs. Just take a look at the Speed list, work out which of the ones you like are the most filling, and see what you can do with them. I absolutely hate turnip, but I have read on another thread that it's a good substitute of topping shepherds pie.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I stuck pretty much to my normal dinners but replaced the usual carbs with speed veg. Tonight I had an omlette with side salad because it's an easy option! Other evenings I've had chicken curry with cauliflower rice(grate cauliflower and zap in microwave for 2 mins), beef burger with butternut squash chips(pretty much the same to prepare as normal SW chips but cook slightly quicker), and a warm chicken salad. I only have myself to cook for so I usually have the same dinner for 2/3 nights.

I haven't fully planned out this week yet, but tomorrow and Tue is going to be seabass with roasted veg. I'm hoping if I do really chunky carrots they'll be a good substitute for potatoes! I also have a couple of butternut squash in the fridge so I'll be using the stem part of them to make pizza at some stage during the week. You just peel it and slice about an inch thick. Spray with frylight and cook for about 20mins in oven(until lightly browned) and turn half way. Top with your pizza toppings and stick it under the grill. I usually have 2 because the diameter of the squash makes for a small pizza, and serve with side salad.

I think I have some mince in the freezer. If I do I'll probably make a spicy sauce for it using a can of tomatoes as the base, and stuff the bottom parts of the butternut squash with it. Top with HEA cheese and bake. Yummy!

I really like butternut squash! It's very filling so a good substitute for your normal carbs. Just take a look at the Speed list, work out which of the ones you like are the most filling, and see what you can do with them. I absolutely hate turnip, but I have read on another thread that it's a good substitute of topping shepherds pie.

That's great thanks so much. I haven't tasted butternut squash yet so I'm a bit scared but il do it this week! U have given me more than enough to play around with here. It's only me this week too so ul prob have the same dinner twice etc. I'd love the boost weight loss as iv only lost5 lb since dec. iv either stayed the same or upped on and down again. I haven't been 100% on the plan yet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Had a lovely dinner tonight.
    Linda mcCarthy Cheese, Leek & Red Onion Plaits. Broccoli,Sprouts,Boiled potatoes butternut squash and asparagus,
    Maybe some syns in the plait but im not sure. It was lovely and very filling!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Had a lovely dinner tonight.
    Linda mcCarthy Cheese, Leek & Red Onion Plaits. Broccoli,Sprouts,Boiled potatoes butternut squash and asparagus,
    Maybe some syns in the plait but im not sure. It was lovely and very filling!

23 syns per plait

23 syns per plait

WHAT!!!!

23 syns per plait

Where did you find this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

WHAT!!!!

lol ba ha ha ha

• Advertisement

Week 1: lost 1.5lb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I am doing EESP this week (since Friday), I am not convinced it is working to be honest but will persevere till Thursday and weigh in and see how it goes. If I don't get a decent loss, back to EE I go lol

• Registered Users Posts: 29,425 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Vahevala wrote: »
    I am doing EESP this week (since Friday), I am not convinced it is working to be honest but will persevere till Thursday and weigh in and see how it goes. If I don't get a decent loss, back to EE I go lol
    havent tried eesp but the old system always worked well for me , so i will stay with that

whelan2 wrote: »
    havent tried eesp but the old system always worked well for me , so i will stay with that

The old plan always worked for me too but I want to see if I can lose 4.5 lbs to get me to my 3 stone loss (as I can't seem to lose more than 3 lbs a week) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Where did you find this ?

Syn calculator on the SW website

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I'm going to try the sp plan today and tomorrow and see how I get on.
    My weigh in is wed. I was up 2 lbs after Christmas so even if I get those 2 of this week I'll be happy. I'll be happy with a lb a week after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

whelan2 wrote: »

Me and my wife are both in SW. She did the EESP plan for 4/5 days of last week (and had a huge loss) while I did the normal plan (and did OK).

I couldn't do it as I love rice, pasta and potatoes (specifically SW chips/wedges) :) and I don't feel like I'm compromising when I eat

She substituted butter nut squash for a lot of things (roasted mainly) and she's happy with that. I don't like the texture of it.

The important thing, for everyone I feel, is to do whatever makes you feel most comfortable/satisfied. If you're worrying about food, you'll definitely go wrong IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

Hi I just started last week and have my first weigh in tomorrow.

Can I ask what is the average loss per week, I don't feel like I have lost anything?

thanks in advance

muirsheen wrote: »

Can I ask what is the average loss per week, I don't feel like I have lost anything?

thanks in advance

I lost a lot in the first week, I lost 6 lbs but on average, I lose maybe between 1-3 lbs a week. They do say aim for between 1-2 lbs a week. :)

thanks in advance

I lost 4.5 pounds the first week and anything from half a pound to 3.5 pounds in the weeks since, it varies depending on how well I follow the plan and on the time of the month :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

thanks in advance

As above, the first week is usually pretty big, and after that most people loose between 1&3lbs. It varies based on how well you follow the plan and how much weight you have to loose. As you get closer to target it's generally harder to loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Hi, I've started back to SW this week 5 months after having a baby. I have all the books from last time so don't think ill go to the classes.

Does anyone know what muller lights are free ?

Most are free. The cheesecake style ones and ones with layer of fruit on them have a syn value.

So the likes of the vanilla, strawberry, toffee, etc are all free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Vahevala wrote: »

^^^
    This is exactly how I feel. I'm actually cracking up waiting for half 7 to come so I can go get weighed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

So I weighed in and was down 5.5lbs after a week on EESP. I'm really happy. It was just the boost i needed for the new year! 1lb to my 2.5 stone award!

Wellyd wrote: »
    So I weighed in and was down 5.5lbs after a week on EESP. I'm really happy. It was just the boost i needed for the new year! 1lb to my 2.5 stone award!

Wow that's brill. I'm doing sp today and tomorrow and might do wed too before weigh in.
    What kind of things did you have for your sp days if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Vickysg24

I started sw last week. Five months after having a baby. Had my first weigh in today and lost 4.5lbs. I'm delighted as I thought it would be less seeing as it's that time of the month :D really has given me a great boost now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Vickysg24

andreac wrote: »
    Most are free. The cheesecake style ones and ones with layer of fruit on them have a syn value.

So the likes of the vanilla, strawberry, toffee, etc are all free.
    oh no I've been eating the cheesecake ones thinking they're free. How many sync are in them?

Vickysg24 wrote: »
    I started sw last week. Five months after having a baby. Had my first weigh in today and lost 4.5lbs. I'm delighted as I thought it would be less seeing as it's that time of the month :D really has given me a great boost now :D

Good on ya! My weight loss tends to be ok at my 'time of the month' but I often lose less the week I ovulate, it seems to vary depending on the person - having said that alot of the ladies in my group seem to lose exactly the same amount every week!

• Advertisement

Vickysg24 wrote: »
    oh no I've been eating the cheesecake ones thinking they're free. How many sync are in them?

I think they are all 1 syn each... very filling too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement