Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I am so eager to see how I weigh in this week, following SP 100% this week and have to say I miss my activia yogurt in the evening but needs must and all that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

First weigh in and lost 1 lb . Thought I would lose more but glad I didn't put on any. Chatting to people in the class who had a small loss the first week and then second week had a good loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Muirsheen try not to worry. Sometimes It can take a few weeks to get your head around the plan.

Then again, not everyone has big losses each week. I rarely have big losses but I chip away with 1 or 2 every week. They all add up and I always see any loss as positive.

andreac wrote: »
    Muirsheen try not to worry. Sometimes It can take a few weeks to get your head around the plan.

Then again, not everyone has big losses each week. I rarely have big losses but I chip away with 1 or 2 every week. They all add up and I always see any loss as positive.

Thanks for replying. I'm impatient! But you're right every pound counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

muirsheen wrote: »

I'm so impatient too it's awful! Well done on ur loss. Itl be even bigger next week. Stick to the book x

• Advertisement

Try keeping a food diary this week and your leader can have a look and see then if you are going wrong anywhere next week.

andreac wrote: »
    Try keeping a food diary this week and your leader can have a look and see then if you are going wrong anywhere next week.

Definitely will. I never want to be this weight again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'd say I have weight up this week... back on track today but have not been good for most of this week, not eating enough at mealtimes then picking away at sweets hanging around the house since Christmas... it's a hard habit to break! Extra annoying given that I was fairly disciplined over Christmas itself!
    Looking at the snow outside and seeing the forecast for tomorrow I might be missing weigh in too, oops but determined to stay on the wagon now :)

dee_mc wrote: »
    I'd say I have weight up this week... back on track today but have not been good for most of this week, not eating enough at mealtimes then picking away at sweets hanging around the house since Christmas... it's a hard habit to break! Extra annoying given that I was fairly disciplined over Christmas itself!
    Looking at the snow outside and seeing the forecast for tomorrow I might be missing weigh in too, oops but determined to stay on the wagon now :)

Dump the sweets. Better to it now then to have them tormenting you for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Dump the sweets. Better to it now then to have them tormenting you for weeks.

Oh I would but there's someone else in the house that wants them! They are coming to an end and I am turning a blind eye, the good thing is once they're gone they won't be replaced!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭RachelDDD

I had my first weigh in last night and was down 7lb's. I am really pleased as I still felt enormous and didn't look any different in the mirror. I usually do reasonably well first week on diets, I think a lot of the loss is down to fluid loss but at least its off! I found the website really good and used the online food tracker. It really helped me understand the programme better as I was very confused after the first class. This forum has also been a great support in getting tips and advice, thanks to everyone for their input.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

RachelDDD wrote: »
    I had my first weigh in last night and was down 7lb's. I am really pleased as I still felt enormous and didn't look any different in the mirror. I usually do reasonably well first week on diets, I think a lot of the loss is down to fluid loss but at least its off! I found the website really good and used the online food tracker. It really helped me understand the programme better as I was very confused after the first class. This forum has also been a great support in getting tips and advice, thanks to everyone for their input.

First things first and not wanting to be a Cliche here but this isn't a diet. It's a way of life. It's a total lifestyle change and when you get used to it, I would hope you would never go back. It's so easy to follow and all it truly requires is a knowledge of food and freshly cooked meals ! How bad !

7lbs is huge. That's loads and granted, all first weeks are quite large in their loss if I was to give you a bag with 7lbs in it and ask you to carry it about, you'd throw it back at me in under an hour.

Well done and keep it up ! Stay focused and stay on track and even if you do ever slip it's so easy to salvage ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

MugMugs wrote: »
    First things first and not wanting to be a Cliche here but this isn't a diet. It's a way of life. It's a total lifestyle change

^^
    This is the best way to describe slimming world. Completely get it out of your head that it's a diet. If you can get the hang of what's free, what's speed, what's protein and your healthy a and b. You'll never look back. I'm only 15 weeks in and I know that this is my life forever. I've suffered from some truly awful bouts of depression and since September 29th I've felt a bit more positive every week and literally this week I stood on the scales and felt happier with myself than I have in years.

I've found this forum great and I've really appreciated how helpful everyone has been so definitely use us all as a crutch if and when you need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Just to echo all that, I think the biggest thing SW has done in our house has made us think about food. In the past we relied on take-aways and processed food way too much. What SW made us do was figure out what we actually liked, and how we could cook it.

We've tried loads of things that we wouldn't have before, and nearly all have worked well. We still have our 'fake-aways' but now we're eating huge big, tasty burgers, a few chips and a side salad. We're still eating chicken curry but we've incorporated loads of spices and flavours to help us get the right taste for us.

Whereas in the past I'd have the same 1/2 sandwiches/rolls for lunch every day in our local shop, now I mix it up with leftovers, salads, sandwiches, soups, fruit.

If you seen the size of the burgers I make, there's no way you'd call it a diet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,425 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

down 5.5lbs,some serious losses there this evening, one woman lost 10.5lbs:eek:

Well I only lost half lb this week. Thought it would be more as I did sp for 2 days but I've been off work sick the last 2 days and haven't moved out of house really either so prob wasn't the best week to try sp.

Going to get stuck in again and hopefully have a good loss next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I was down 5lbs today, very happy with that after my 5 &1/2 lb gain over Xmas. Only 1 1/2lb away from my 2 & 1/2 stone mark.

I went to the doctors last night and I got my height measured and I am smaller than I thought, I am 5"2.5 so now my target that I set is wrong. It looks like I am further away from target than I thought. :(:( I feel like crying to be honest.

I will be weighing in tonight after a full week on SP and I don't think I will have a big loss.

Why would your height have any impact on your target at all? There's no "perfect" weight for any height. Some people have broad shoulders for example. Just make your trarget what you want it to be and don't be looking at what a book or chart tells you it should be

Dodge wrote: »
    Why would your height have any impact on your target at all? There's no "perfect" weight for any height. Some people have broad shoulders for example. Just make your trarget what you want it to be and don't be looking at what a book or chart tells you it should be

I am going by the BMI chart and the Dr told me I need to get into the healthy weight and I need to lose at least another 3 stone for this. I think I will have to lose at least 4 stone 3 lbs now. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

DOn't be too disheartened Vahevala, your target is still your target! Keep going as you are, because you're doing so amazingly! Once you do get to your target, maybe amend it again based on how you feel. My SW class buddy is a nurse and she has said that they don't use BMI charts anymore, as it doesn't take in shape or even gender.

I think I was letting the Dr get to me. He didn't even congratulate me on what I lost up till now. I am going to leave the target alone. Once I get to 10 stone, I will reassess it but for now, I will leave it. It is my body after all! :D

Thanks so much everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 cailin_milis

Vahevala wrote: »
    I think I was letting the Dr get to me. He didn't even congratulate me on what I lost up till now.

Thanks so much everyone!

That speaks volumes and is such a shame. My doctor is the exact opposite, heaping on praise everytime I go in. While I get embarrased at the time it's nice to have a doctor that appreciates how difficult it can be to lose weight, and be treated as a whole person rather than a number on a chart. It might be worth finding a doctor that can see the bigger picture!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I am a 6ft man with 4 stone gone. To some people, I am fine. To myself, I want another stone gone. According to my BMI, I need to lose another 4 stone.

If I lost 4 more stone, I'd look sick.

BMI is a load of drivel. Set your target and keep losing until you're happy with the way you are. BMI doesn't take your body type into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lol05

Hi everyone I joined slimming world last year and lost a stone now I would like to continue it at home as at the moment I cannot afford the classes what are these new SP days and is the foods on EE on changed esp the superfree? This is my second week back doing it myself was down 2lb when i weighed myself long way to go :(

lol05 wrote: »
    Hi everyone I joined slimming world last year and lost a stone now I would like to continue it at home as at the moment I cannot afford the classes what are these new SP days and is the foods on EE on changed esp the superfree? This is my second week back doing it myself was down 2lb when i weighed myself long way to go :(

There is no superfree anymore. There is no superspeed, it is just speed & protein. Beans are counted as protein. SP is meant to be a booster plan, very similar to success express really. You have to fill 1/2 your plate with protein and 1/2 with speed. You can have 1 healthy A, 2 healthy B. You can also have your syns 5-15 as normal.

Grapes, cherries, kiwis, pineapple are no longer speed foods, they are free but not speed. Basically on SP, no pasta, potatoes, yogurt, that kind of thing. You have to focus on speed & protein only.

On SP, you are meant to only do this for 1 week. You can do some SP days the following week but mix it in with regular EE days.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

2015-01-02-11-56-55.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lol05

Thanks Vahevala there is a lot of changes so - Hopefully I will be able to rejoin in a few months :)

• Advertisement

lol05 wrote: »

If you're doing EE, the only difference is that kiwis, grapes, bananas and blueberries are no longer "superfree". The name has changed but that's the basic gist

Some syns have changed in the take-away section (gone up) but not much else

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement