Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lol05

Thank you I was having porridge with blueberries every morning now I will have to change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Pineapple is on that list too. They are free foods just not speed.

There's no superfree anymore just free and speed. Your plate should be made up of 1/3 speed foods and rest free now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lol05

Is melon still speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,426 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

lol05 wrote: »
    Is melon still speed?
    yup, another option is turnip, put it in microwave for 24 minutes as it is. then peel it and cut up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Am I the only one to find this new plan very difficult to understand?! I'm trying to do it at home as I don't really like the classes, plus time wise at the moment it doesn't suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

m'lady wrote: »
    Am I the only one to find this new plan very difficult to understand?! I'm trying to do it at home as I don't really like the classes, plus time wise at the moment it doesn't suit.

The extra easy plan hasn't changed much at all (just the few fruit categories)

The SP plan is different but I think most people would only ever use that sparingly (as they did with success express)

Thanks Dodge, so the the sp plan is the one you'd use just for a week kind if thing?
    I'm regards to the 'normal' plan do you need to limit the fruit and veg listed above?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I lost 1 and a half pounds, takes me to 2 st 11 lbs with Slimming World and 4 stone 8.5 lbs in total. I did SP for the week so I feel a bit disheartened that I didn't lose more... :(:(:(

At least, I know now that plan isn't for me, it doesn't suit me and I felt way too bloated and eating the protein was next to impossible for me, so happy to be going back to EE for good now :)

was in a cafe in drogheda yesterday, its healthy breakfast was,porridge with milk, a scone with jam and orange juice. I would say massive syns, no portion control on the porridge, whats the syns in orange juice? As for the scone:confused:

whelan2 wrote: »
    was in a cafe in drogheda yesterday, its healthy breakfast was,porridge with milk, a scone with jam and orange juice. I would say massive syns, no portion control on the porridge, whats the syns in orange juice? As for the scone:confused:

My god how is a scone healthy?! Did you ask if the porridge was made with skimmed/low fat milk? How much orange juice was it?

• Advertisement

My god how is a scone healthy?! Did you ask if the porridge was made with skimmed/low fat milk? How much orange juice was it?
    to be safe i got a slice of malteaser cheese cake to share with my mother instead, probably less syns thantheir healthy breakfast:D

whelan2 wrote: »

I know there are syns in orange juice, I tend to stay away from all juices, I think it may be more than 1 or 2 syns offhand. Scones are high as well, fruit scone is 11.5 syns, plain scone is 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Weigh in last night, and maintained. I can't shake this upset and frustrated feeling! 0.5lb would have gotten me my next award, and I didn't over-syn or drink, and I've just out any non-speed fruit as snacks (bananas, grapes, etc). Days like this make you want to go to Dominos! :(

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Weigh in last night, and maintained. I can't shake this upset and frustrated feeling! 0.5lb would have gotten me my next award, and I didn't over-syn or drink, and I've just out any non-speed fruit as snacks (bananas, grapes, etc). Days like this make you want to go to Dominos! :(

Did you make a food diary? Sorry to hear that.. did you up the exercise or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

No diary but I think I'll do one this week- making a menu for the entire week to include some SP days. No increase in exercise, just walking where I can instead of driving/bus. Could it be that I didn't eat enough? Can that actually affect it?

mejulie805 wrote: »
    No diary but I think I'll do one this week- making a menu for the entire week to include some SP days. No increase in exercise, just walking where I can instead of driving/bus. Could it be that I didn't eat enough? Can that actually affect it?

You do tend to need to eat more to lose more, I have found that eating all those beans bloat me and I end up not losing very much so I am cutting out the beans for good now and going back to basics and drinking a lot of water.

I found SP didn't do anything for me but good luck to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Thanks Dodge, so the the sp plan is the one you'd use just for a week kind if thing?
    I'm regards to the 'normal' plan do you need to limit the fruit and veg listed above?

No, bananas, pineapples, grapes etc are now classed as free foods so you can still eat them as much as you want but in the one third/two third meals, they don't count as your one third

The changed "superfree" to "speed foods" but as I said it's basically the same with those few fruit removed

Thanks dodge, I think I get it now! Starting to think I should join a class, I just can't stand the one that's in my area, leader hadn't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 NervousGremlin

Hi everyone!
    Sorry if this has been posted on a previous page in this thread but there's over 327 pages so its hard to find haha.
    I'm a commuting college student so I'm unable to attend any meeting in my area and between college assignments etc I couldn't even commit to going to a lot of them so I'm looking at the online membership.
    I've been healthy eating and actually using a lot of the recipes and have nearly lost two stone. Though between Christmas and getting into a lull I've been maintaining but not loosing anymore. I find the recipes great but its hard to know if you're doing things right when you don't know the syns,plans etc.
    Basically this is a very long winded way of saying do people find online works for them? Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Dodge wrote: »
    MIRROR0115

That's the code if you want to join online. It saves you €45

Hi all,

Looking into joining online.

This discount code doesnt appear to be working so I'm guessing it's expired.

Would be really grateful if anyone happened to have another one. Too broke to pay it all upfront online in January!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

dashdoll wrote: »
    Hi all,

Looking into joining online.

This discount code doesnt appear to be working so I'm guessing it's expired.

Would be really grateful if anyone happened to have another one. Too broke to pay it all upfront online in January!

Hiya I found a uk code expiring tomorrow? Dunno if u can sign up that was through the English site?

Thanks a mil! Would you be able to send it onto me and I'll try it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Starting back to hurling/football this year, and after a seriously bad Christmas (bad in a sense that if it existed, I ate or drank it) decided I'd follow the SW plan to give my training a much needed boost/nudge in the right direction.

Anyway, started following the plan on Wednesday 7th of Jan.

I lost 7lb come Thursday morning past. :)

Haven't been That strict to the plan, as in I had a function to attend last sat night in which I had a few pastries and a curry, and headed out for a Thai meal on Sunday. (also had a few beers)

I have been walking my dog a few miles every evening , but no more or less than previously.

I'll keep it up for the coming week and will report back on Wed/Thurs next week when I weigh myself again.

Say what you want, but the plan and advice SW gives seems to work.

dashdoll wrote: »
    Thanks a mil! Would you be able to send it onto me and I'll try it?

Hey today is the last day and it's in pounds so dunno how much that'll help. Argos2014, it's on hotukdeals

Starting back to hurling/football this year, and after a seriously bad Christmas (bad in a sense that if it existed, I ate or drank it) decided I'd follow the SW plan to give my training a much needed boost/nudge in the right direction.

Anyway, started following the plan on Wednesday 7th of Jan.

I lost 7lb come Thursday morning past. :)

Haven't been That strict to the plan, as in I had a function to attend last sat night in which I had a few pastries and a curry, and headed out for a Thai meal on Sunday. (also had a few beers)

I have been walking my dog a few miles every evening , but no more or less than previously.

I'll keep it up for the coming week and will report back on Wed/Thurs next week when I weigh myself again.

Say what you want, but the plan and advice SW gives seems to work.

Interesting name! Ya it does work. It didn't for me for the last few weeks but when I looked back over it I was only following the plan for 2days and then pig out! Iv followed it 100% so far this week so I'm praying for a loss on Tuesday! Good luck with the training, haven't been in years 😩

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DaisyO23

Hi all,

Joined on Thursday & just can't get into it 😔 Feel so guilty...
    Have been bad last night & again tonight. Can't stop picking, didn't make dinner so I know that's part of the problem.

Just wondering it anyone else felt like this on week 1?

Thanks 😊

DaisyO23 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Have been bad last night & again tonight. Can't stop picking, didn't make dinner so I know that's part of the problem.

Thanks 😊

Hi don't feel guilty it's only ur first 2 days! I joined mid November and apart from the first week this week iv only stuck to the plan! So it's literally after taken me nearly two months to get my head around it. What are u struggling with? Do u understand that plan x

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Hi all,

Thanks 😊

I'd say you just need to get organised - I found keeping the diary helped alot, I kept it with me all the time and filled in each item as I ate it... This became habit very quickly.
    I suppose the main thing for me was, I put it up to myself to see what I could achieve by being 100% on plan - I wanted to see just how much of a difference I would see on the scales and in my jeans if I followed the plan to the letter!
    Having said that, I was only thinking today how difficult it must be to start SW in cold cold weather like we've been having lately... I can't express how important it is to plan filling, warming meals for days like today!!! Speed soup, warming pasta dishes, eat your spuds, fill up and don't let yourself get hungry, use the free MugShot thingies when you feel like picking at something 'synful', because if you're not keeping yourself full this weather you will not continue the plan!!
    Another small tip, freeze an extra portion of two of your meals and sauces so that you have an easy option to fall back on when you can't be bothered to cook dinner. Make SW the easy option and you'll be less at risk of going off plan.
    Best of luck with it, and never write off a day - if you've 'been bad' you can always pull back and start to be good!

ja1986 wrote: »
    Hey today is the last day and it's in pounds so dunno how much that'll help. Argos2014, it's on hotukdeals

This didn't work unfortunately but thanks anyway! :-)

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Thanks 😊

You need to write a food diary it will really help you, you need to try and be prepared, organised, unfortunately you need to be in the right mindset to make Slimming World work. You have to think about what made you join in the first place, where you want to be when you get to target.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement