Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I really need a good shake this week. After a great week last week losing 5.5lbs on EESP. This week is a different story altogether! I literally can't stop picking! I really need to stop following 'Wellys Slimming World plan' and go back to my book! I feel like a naughty child after the last few days! And here was me thinking I'd shift that 1lb for my 2.5 stone award this week! Dream on welly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Wellyd wrote: »
    I really need a good shake this week. After a great week last week losing 5.5lbs on EESP. This week is a different story altogether! I literally can't stop picking! I really need to stop following 'Wellys Slimming World plan' and go back to my book! I feel like a naughty child after the last few days! And here was me thinking I'd shift that 1lb for my 2.5 stone award this week! Dream on welly!

Fair play to you on the 5.5lbs, I was so upset when I did the SP plan, certainly didn't give me a boost...you just need to pick on the right things... What are you eating? :( Best of luck anyway, you may surprise yourself :D

Vahevala wrote: »
    Fair play to you on the 5.5lbs, I was so upset when I did the SP plan, certainly didn't give me a boost...you just need to pick on the right things... What are you eating? :( Best of luck anyway, you may surprise yourself :D

I completely understand your frustration with the SP plan. Believe me it could've swung either way for me. Yesterday was just terrible I had chipper chips and a slice of pizza and earlier in the day I had 2 sausage rolls. I haven't eaten like that in months. It's not really that I'm eating bad things (other than yesterday!) but I'm using my syns on ridiculous things like chocolate everyday. I've never eaten chocolate everyday in my whole life! I've also found myself using almost 15 syns everyday this week which I don't normally do. I think maybe that because SP was fairly restrictive ie not having my starchy foods I've been going wild this week! Just need to cop on and get back on plan properly again! Long way to go to target head down and keep at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,511 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

new week new start, was out thursday and friday and saturday night:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I weight my self every Monday after my shower before I eat.
    Tow weeks ago is 15 7
    Last week 15 6
    Now 15 1

That doesn't sound right as I didn't do anything different in week 2 to week 1 yet lost 5lb compared to 1lb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I'm so confused on SP! The food is fine, but can I have diet drinks? What about things like mugshots- can I have these and syn them? I don't understand why muller lights are restricted, and why you can't just syn them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Anyone thinking of joining, there's a voucher in this week's Bella magazine for 9 euro discount

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lol05

Can you not have any muller lights on EESP? Are ox cubes chicken stock free on the EE plan as I love them to add taste to my veg without using butter. I find it hard to eat the 1/3 veg with my dinner every day I am not a big veg fan and I seem to eat a lot of fruit and people following other diets don't seem to eat fruit at all. Any nice lunch ideas for work i have a mug shot everyday with chicken tomatoes and peppers dont think i should have a mugshot every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

No, anything that has a free value, like Muller lights etc cannot be eaten on SP days. As they dont have a syn value they cant be given one. So you just stick to your S & P foods and your healthy extras only.

mejulie805 wrote: »
    I'm so confused on SP! The food is fine, but can I have diet drinks? What about things like mugshots- can I have these and syn them? I don't understand why muller lights are restricted, and why you can't just syn them?

You cant syn them as they are a free food, so cant be given a syn value, same with rice, pasta, potatoes etc, they are free, hence no syns.

• Advertisement

That is what is confusing me! Mullers have 99cal right- so couldn't they be 5 syns? I know the answer is probably no but I'm just wondering if anyone knows why! I had a coke because the diet coke chicken is labelled as an SP meal; presumed it must be OK!

That is what is confusing me! Mullers have 99cal right- so couldn't they be 5 syns? I know the answer is probably no but I'm just wondering if anyone knows why! I had a coke because the diet coke chicken is labelled as an SP meal; presumed it must be OK!

No they couldnt. Same with rice and potatoes etc, they would all have a calorie value outside of SW, but with SW they are free, same with Muller Lights.

Thats just the way this plan works, with certain items being free so they have no syn value.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lol05

Can someone please let me know what eat on a typical day on the EESP - dont think i would be able to do it i always have to have snacks

lol05 wrote: »
    Can someone please let me know what eat on a typical day on the EESP - dont think i would be able to do it i always have to have snacks

You can have snacks, if they are synned or speed or protein.

You can have eggs (p), meat (p) most fruit which is speed, except, Pineapple, bananas, kiwi and mango and grapes.

You have your healthy extras too.

So today here is my SP day so far:
    S is the speed foods, P are the Protein foods.

2 Eggs scrambled (P), half a melon (S), lemon water
    Tea & Milk (HEA)

Snack - Tea & milk, Hifi bar (HEB) 2 Ryvita (2nd HEB allowed on SP days)

Lunch - Speed soup (S & P), Melon (S), Raspberries (S)

Snack - HiFi bar (HEB) , Apple (S), Tea & Milk

Dinner - Prob some chicken (P) and my speed soup too.

Just got it clarified from my leader, that all beverages like tea, coffee and diet drinks are still free even on SP days as they are part of your staples.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 24 to 12 Challenge

I joined two weeks ago. I am still a little confused at the different types of plans to do so have been sticking to free foods, healthy a - b choices (one each) and keeping track of syns.
    I lost 12lbs on my first week and was delighted. I have a lot to lose so this is probably only water loss, but it gave me the boost I needed to feel stronger about making the right choices. I keep reminding myself that nothing will taste as good as the feeling of losing the 12lbs. I over did it on alcohol syns this weekend (birthday) but pulled myself back yesterday and balanced it out. I am looking forward to being weighed this evening. Fingers crossed, I hope to have at least another 5lbs off..

I joined two weeks ago. I am still a little confused at the different types of plans to do so have been sticking to free foods, healthy a - b choices (one each) and keeping track of syns.
    I lost 12lbs on my first week and was delighted. I have a lot to lose so this is probably only water loss, but it gave me the boost I needed to feel stronger about making the right choices. I keep reminding myself that nothing will taste as good as the feeling of losing the 12lbs. I over did it on alcohol syns this weekend (birthday) but pulled myself back yesterday and balanced it out. I am looking forward to being weighed this evening. Fingers crossed, I hope to have at least another 5lbs off..

Wow, well done. Thats a fab loss.

If you have any queries just shout. I do think it takes a few weeks to fully get your head around it.
    But for the mo maybe just stick with the Extra Easy plan as thats the most straight forward one and the one where you can have the most foods on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭easygoing1982

I joined a few days ago and I was just wondered if those who have lost lbs did much exercise/activity. At the moment I'm struggling with a disc injury and its limiting what activity I can do.

I know its obviously best to add in exercise with a good diet but I just want to see if anyone has managed it without the exercise.

Thanks

I joined a few days ago and I was just wondered if those who have lost lbs did much exercise/activity. At the moment I'm struggling with a disc injury and its limiting what activity I can do.

I know its obviously best to add in exercise with a good diet but I just want to see if anyone has managed it without the exercise.

Thanks

I've done pretty much zero exercise (I'm terminally lazy) and I've been losing steadily since September. I will start toning exercises very soon though or I will just be a big ole bag of loose skin and leftover fat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

dee_mc wrote: »
    I've done pretty much zero exercise (I'm terminally lazy) and I've been losing steadily since September. I will start toning exercises very soon though or I will just be a big ole bag of loose skin and leftover fat :D

No exercise here either but I've found I've been more active (as a result of feeling better etc).

• Advertisement

Dodge wrote: »
    No exercise here either but I've found I've been more active (as a result of feeling better etc).

Yeah I have a bit more energy, just need to get around to doing something with it... :o

Maintain this week after a week of pure boldness! I think I got away lucky! With the help of my consultant I set my target tonight. I've done a good bit of research and I'm quite happy with it. It seems a long way away but I'm going to tick away at it half a stone at a time. I honestly don't know where I'd be without my consultant, she just gets me and encourages me so much. After every class I always feel a bit better about myself than I did the week before and that's solely down to all the help and encouragement she gives. I'm the happiest I've been in years and I know I wouldn't feel this way without slimming world.

Sorry for the gushing but this week I just am feeling so good! Onwards and downwards!

Wellyd wrote: »
    Maintain this week after a week of pure boldness! I think I got away lucky! With the help of my consultant I set my target tonight. I've done a good bit of research and I'm quite happy with it. It seems a long way away but I'm going to tick away at it half a stone at a time. I honestly don't know where I'd be without my consultant, she just gets me and encourages me so much. After every class I always feel a bit better about myself than I did the week before and that's solely down to all the help and encouragement she gives. I'm the happiest I've been in years and I know I wouldn't feel this way without slimming world.

Sorry for the gushing but this week I just am feeling so good! Onwards and downwards!

I'm so delighted for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I was so looking forward to getting to 2.5 stone today, had 1.5lbs to lose, instead I have gained 1.5lbs. Absolutely shocked, I was so good all week, did mostly SP, wasn't star week etc. I honestly don't know. Going to keep a food diary this week, but I know I ate nothing I shouldn't have. Ah well bring on next week......

Sorry to hear that clappyhappy- you can see from my post last week I was in a similar boat! Is it possible that maybe you didn't eat enough??

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭maria34

Joined sw last summer, did everything right like from the book. Lost 4,5 pounds first week yippiee and tought it works but i lost and gained since then so stayed in the same position all the time. Had my dairy and followed my plan so id say it doesnt work for everyone. I got constipation (drank water like a horse) and felt like i have a balloon in my stomach. Think it was pasta potatoes rice etc so that saying everyone can have that stuff for free is not right. I couldnt. GP told me to change my diet. So changed to a different weight loss program and it works for me so far, loosing every week.

But as long as it works for you - keep going!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Sorry to hear that clappyhappy- you can see from my post last week I was in a similar boat! Is it possible that maybe you didn't eat enough??

Thanks. Maybe didn't eat enough, will keep food diary for next week and I am going to get my 2.5stone next week. (I hope ;) )

We'll be routing for you! I'm on day #3 of SP with the hope I lose 0.5lb this week to get my next award! Trying so hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

SP didn't work for me, I did lose 1.5 lbs but I was convinced I was going to put on as I was so bloated. The trick I think is to drink a hell of a lot of water. My body doesn't handle beans well so I think that bloated me as I was trying to up my protein...

I have since gone back to EE and much happier and feel better on it. I weigh in tomorrow evening.

• Advertisement

3 down today so finally collected my 2 and a half stone award, that loss was over 2 weeks that I found hard for various reasons so it's a really nice boost :)
    Hopefully will motivate me to get back on plan properly and work towards the 3 stone!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement