Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Down 1 and half tonight. Back to my weight I was on Xmas eve weigh in so I'm happy.
    Any loss from now on will make me at my lightest since I joined.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

dee_mc wrote: »
    3 down today so finally collected my 2 and a half stone award, that loss was over 2 weeks that I found hard for various reasons so it's a really nice boost :)
    Hopefully will motivate me to get back on plan properly and work towards the 3 stone!

Well done dee, delighted for you. Roll on (or should I say off) the 3 stone award ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

andreac wrote: »
    Down 1 and half tonight. Back to my weight I was on Xmas eve weigh in so I'm happy.
    Any loss from now on will make me at my lightest since I joined.

That's great andreac, great motivation for the future!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,426 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

i was up 2.5lbs:eek: it was my birthday and i was out thursday, friday and saturday:rolleyes: back to basics now, i think i was the only one who gained in the whole class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,426 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    seems to be very mixed results with it

I have to say, I tried SP again this week, for Mon, Tues and Wed and found it better than last week when I tried it. I made the speed soup and made chicken drumsticks too to nibble on. I don't think it made a huge amount of difference weight loss wise, but I was still down 1 & half which I would have hoped to be down anyway on a normal week.

I don't feel as bloated though so might have helped in that sense.

Id be happy with a 1 or 1 & half each week from now on. Only 9lbs to target now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭boogaloop

I've been on SW since the very end of Oct, had lost 17.5lbs since then. Gained 1lb over the 2 weeks at Xmas, was delighted with myself as didn't exactly spare it (although some part of the brain doesn't let you go absolutely wild I find, some of the 'basics' still stick a little bit).

Lost 1.5lbs last week (first week back on the plan after Xmas), again, happy days.

Put up 1/2 lb last night :( Think it's time to get back to basics and I might try & do a few days of SP this week if I can.

So far today I've had 30g porridge (HEB) and 2 mandarin oranges (S). Planning to have quorn in lettuce 'wraps' for lunch, there's a lot of mixed veg in with the quorn so I think that should be me covered for S (the veg) and P (Quorn is P right?).

Tonight it's chicken stir fry, so I'll probably use some of my syns for the sauce on that. Tempted to try the cauliflower 'rice' that is mentioned above, is it really as simple as just grating cauliflower & microwaving for 2 mins?

Good luck to all this week, I am coming close to target now (Think I'm only 3lbs away from initial target, tho I will prob change that) so finding it hard now and hoping that I don't get in to a rut as I have done with other plans in the past.

How strict are SW on adjusting your target by less than 1/2 stone? I only want to move it by 5lbs at most, I know myself that a further 7lbs or more would be un-maintainable for me and may only discourage me if I have to set it (I'd prob never reach it in the first place even).

Anyway, onwards and downwards as we say!

Boogaloop your target is set by you, not by them. So as long as its a healthy weight and not below what they recommend as the minimum then it should be fine.

Im not 100% about Quorn as ive never eaten it.

Thanks andreac........I'm pretty sure that there is some rule in the book that if you are changing your target weight, that you must be changing it by at least 7lbs......does that ring any bells with anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

Down 4 pounds this week and Im thrilled. Having monthlies now so that will affect my weigh in on Tuesday. Not hungry at all on this 'diet'

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

boogaloop wrote: »
    Thanks andreac........I'm pretty sure that there is some rule in the book that if you are changing your target weight, that you must be changing it by at least 7lbs......does that ring any bells with anyone?

Log into slimming world and see can you change the target yourself to a new target.

hmmm, interesting - so I just logged in to SW and up to now I've only ever just looked at the recipes and/or checked out syn values.

Anyway, it would seem that other than my starting weight, none of my weekly weigh in details are up there. Am I supposed to do this or is this linked to the class leaders' PDA?

Could it be that she is not uploading the info or am I completely missing it and this is something I should have been filling out myself with the last few months? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

hmmm, interesting - so I just logged in to SW and up to now I've only ever just looked at the recipes and/or checked out syn values.

Anyway, it would seem that other than my starting weight, none of my weekly weigh in details are up there. Am I supposed to do this or is this linked to the class leaders' PDA?

Could it be that she is not uploading the info or am I completely missing it and this is something I should have been filling out myself with the last few months? :confused:

I fill it in myself, as far as I know it's not linked at all. Thanks for the reminder, I forgot to update mine! Love to see the graph changing!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

You enter it yourself, there's a section that says ' please weigh in today' if you haven't entered your weight.

Each week you get the same prompt.

There will also be an option to tick if you were slimmer of the week and/or slimmer of the month.

If you select the 'my slimming world' tab and scroll down you should have a summary section, that's where you can enter/amend your target.

Click edit, it will take you to a new page, click the link that says If you’d like to see your progress towards your Personal Achievement Target (PAT), enter your weight here. It's just below the image on the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

My friend and I gave ourselves a 'pep' talk today and have decided to do SW at home, as the classes aren't convenient, nor do we like them. We set a target that we will lose 2 stone by the end of April, which is doable (I hope!).
    I'm ok with breakfast and dinner but lunches I'm a bit stuck on, I'm not a big lunch person, would fruit and yogurt be sufficient?

m'lady wrote: »
    My friend and I gave ourselves a 'pep' talk today and have decided to do SW at home, as the classes aren't convenient, nor do we like them. We set a target that we will lose 2 stone by the end of April, which is doable (I hope!).
    I'm ok with breakfast and dinner but lunches I'm a bit stuck on, I'm not a big lunch person, would fruit and yogurt be sufficient?

You probably need a bit of carbs to keep you going at lunch, pasta salad is handy or I'll sometimes bring noodles and have them cold with a salad and some meat, not very exciting but a bit more filling!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Thanks Dee_mc, yes your probably right as I could end up picking if I don't eat more! I'm planning on giving up bread for a while as I know it bloats me, gonna try replace it with Ryvita or something similar.. The joys! Might even make a pot of lentil soup (it's yummy) and have that with ryvita!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Are bran flakes considered a healthy extra ?
    20g portion

Are bran flakes considered a healthy extra ?
    20g portion

Yes they are but you can have 35g.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

andreac wrote: »
    Yes they are but you can have 35g.

Do i have to eat 35g for them to count or can i eat less as i usualy have them with strawberrys,pear and apple in a bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mkhall

Do i have to eat 35g for them to count or can i eat less as i usualy have them with strawberrys,pear and apple in a bowl.

It's recommended you eat 35 because the healthy b option fulfils your daily fiber requirement, it helps push things through so youre digesting everything properly and helps you fill up so you aren't as likely to go wanting to pick at things. I went almost two weeks not eating my healthyB and didn't lose as much as I did when I was eating it, so I guess it really is important :) if you don't want to eat that much of it, you could throw in a few pieces of dried fruit or nuts which also counts toward the healthy b but you'd have to be careful to make sure you're not going over or syn the rest if you do

Thanks Dee_mc, yes your probably right as I could end up picking if I don't eat more! I'm planning on giving up bread for a while as I know it bloats me, gonna try replace it with Ryvita or something similar.. The joys! Might even make a pot of lentil soup (it's yummy) and have that with ryvita!
    I see a lot of people making speed soup, I usually have 4-5 slices of ham with salad. Sometimes I eat it when I'm not as hungry, for me it curbs cravings later so I'm not starving til dinner!

It's not linked but you can use the back of your book/weight logs to fill it in yourself. I haven't filled in mine but it's something I plan to do :) must be lovely to see the change!

whelan2 wrote: »
    seems to be very mixed results with it

I can't get my head around it either, tried doing it and found out I wasn't actually following it properly because I had cherries and blueberries. Very confused! I think it takes a lot of planning as I usually snack on fruit snd yoghurt and have either potatoes rice or pasta with my dinners. I'm sticking with extra easy til my losses slow down. I'm up five lbs since xmas so aiming to lose that in the coming weeks, I hope

Try the scan bran you can buy at group too, nice with soup and very high in fibre. You can have 5 for your healthy B or they're one syn each, I sometimes have 3 as part of lunch.

I joined a few days ago and I was just wondered if those who have lost lbs did much exercise/activity. At the moment I'm struggling with a disc injury and its limiting what activity I can do.

I know its obviously best to add in exercise with a good diet but I just want to see if anyone has managed it without the exercise.

Thanks

I lost 10.5 in four weeks and didn't do any exercise. I think it really falls off in the first month of starting anyway. I couldn't exercise either as I fractured my shoulder a few months ago. Did some walking but nothing you'd consider cardio! I think you'll lose from the diet change alone so don't worry about exercising now and just enjoy the new diet. Best of luck!

So I've rabbited on before about what a great idea it is to measure yourself periodically while following the SW plan, as sometimes your progress might not show on the scales so it's nice to be able to check with a measuring tape...
    Well here's the proof!
    Since 3 September when I joined SW I have lost a hefty 12 inches from around my middle (measured at navel)! That's the length of a ruler!
    Chuffed with that, as well as 4.8 inches off each thigh at the widest point, and 3.6 inches off each upper arm!
    My favourite statistic is this one: my shoulder measurement at short sleeve level is now the same as my bra line measurement was when I started...
    Now that's motivation to keep going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I feel a bit down.. I lost 1 lb last night which is better than nothing. I need to reassess what I am going to do as my routine has changed and just try my best to get 2 lb down next week to get my 3 stone award...

It is just difficult to take when I really thought I had a good week... ah well better than a gain or a maintain :) 18 weeks with SW now and haven't had a gain or maintain yet! :D

In hindsight, I think I wasn't eating enough veg and having too many syns (I was having 15 or close to it for a few days... back to 10 syns a day)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Did SP by the book for 4 days, didn't over-syn and no alcohol since NYE and I was down 0.5lb last night. I am so fed up with SW! With that and a maintain last week I don't know where I am going wrong! Came straight from class and broke SP with a pasta dinner and a muller light. Back to EE, never doing SP again. Success Express worked for me so I'll do that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement