Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭boogaloop

Ugh, sounds like a few of us are having a bit of a bad run of it this week :(

I did what I think is a day of SP yesterday, weighed myself on my own scales this morning and up a pound since yesterday morning :eek:

Might be just water, I'll give SP another day or two but if I don't see my own scales going down I'll have to go back to EE.

dee-mc, you are definitely right - it's not always about the number on the scales but I know I seem to get fixated on that. What I should concentrate on is the other wins - swam 10 lengths last night, and need to get hubby to make a hole in my belt as it is too loose. So things aint all that bad - I guess the 'high' of seeing weight losses of 2 and 3 pounds each week had to come to a slow down at some point.

Love this thread for new ideas etc.

Good luck everyone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

boogaloop wrote: »
    I did what I think is a day of SP yesterday, weighed myself on my own scales this morning and up a pound since yesterday morning :eek:

Get rid of your own scales. All they'll do is make you worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Did SP by the book for 4 days, didn't over-syn and no alcohol since NYE and I was down 0.5lb last night. I am so fed up with SW! With that and a maintain last week I don't know where I am going wrong! Came straight from class and broke SP with a pasta dinner and a muller light. Back to EE, never doing SP again. Success Express worked for me so I'll do that!

Have you talked to your leader about your concerns? Do you keep a food diary?

Do you weigh and measure out your Healthy extras and count your syns properly?

If you are doing the plan by the book and not losing then maybe have a chat with your leader. I was like that for a while but i realised i wasnt following the plan 100%. Ive lost consistantly (apart from Christmas) for the last few weeks as i am now following it 100%.

Dodge wrote: »

Deffo. Im 2lbs heavier on the SW scales than my own ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

andreac wrote: »
    Have you talked to your leader about your concerns? Do you keep a food diary?

Do you weigh and measure out your Healthy extras and count your syns properly?

If you are doing the plan by the book and not losing then maybe have a chat with your leader. I was like that for a while but i realised i wasnt following the plan 100%. Ive lost consistantly (apart from Christmas) for the last few weeks as i am now following it 100%.

Yes as far as I know I am! I kept a diary this week too, I knew I was going to be stupid busy so made all of my food on Saturday and stuck to the menu, all syn free foods, leaving me a few syns for treats which I used about 10 syns a day of.

I'm going to send her a FB message now and send her the diary and see what she thinks. I am going out twice this weekend and don't know what I am going to do. :confused:

• Advertisement

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Yes as far as I know I am! I kept a diary this week too, I knew I was going to be stupid busy so made all of my food on Saturday and stuck to the menu, all syn free foods, leaving me a few syns for treats which I used about 10 syns a day of.

I'm going to send her a FB message now and send her the diary and see what she thinks. I am going out twice this weekend and don't know what I am going to do. :confused:

Just try and stay on plan when you can. Dont go mad on stuff just for the sake of it.
    I have had weeks where i had a night out and ate stuff which wasnt great but still lost.
    Try and fill up on speed foods maybe before you go out.

If you are out for dinner just opt for fish or steak with no sauces etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

It's more a pub-only weekend, but I'm going to zero syn and have all my 'hangover food' ready and waiting! Hope it's all going to show next week but we'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 7 24 to 12 Challenge

For all of you who are not losing as much as you had hoped for the work that you put in - a couple of people had the same problem at my class this week. The leader said that some people do not see instant results and it can take a week to show. So keep up the good work and you should see a difference next time.

I had been doing really well until last night when for some reason I started to eat a bag of nuts and raisins. I really should have weighed them out but didn't and after mindlessly gorging my way through over half a bag, finally realised that I had eaten almost 300g and the syn factor was phenomenal. I checked calorie sites today and had consumed almost as many calories as THREE big macs!
    Feeling awful but consoling myself with the fact that at least it was healthy food and that (despite obvious calories) it will do some good rather than consuming toxic filth contained in fast food. Eating very little today and only had apple and orange for lunch.
    I get weighed on Monday again. Time will tell if I get away with it.

Keep up the good work everyone and have a good weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Could anybody hazard a guess at how many syns are in the cookies that you can get from the bakery section in Lidl? Or am I better of in sweet blissful ignorance?!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mkhall

Wellyd wrote: »
    Could anybody hazard a guess at how many syns are in the cookies that you can get from the bakery section in Lidl? Or am I better of in sweet blissful ignorance?!

15.5 in the directory, don't stress it though I'm sure it was enjoyable :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,426 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

thankfully my local lidl was sold out of them last night as i had a craving for them

mkhall wrote: »
    15.5 in the directory, don't stress it though I'm sure it was enjoyable :)

Haven't had it yet for some reason I like them when they're a bit soft and stale! The only thing is they're huge so I get plenty of enjoyment out of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Free membership voucher for new or rejoining members in this weeks Reveal magazine on sale 27 Jan, means you pay only 9 euro on your first visit

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hbonbr

Dodge wrote: »

I completely disagree! There's nothing wrong with having an ACCURATE home scales, but you should only weigh yourself about once a week. The body varies it's weight so much, you can only really believe weight losses which persist from week to week.

hbonbr wrote: »
    I completely disagree! There's nothing wrong with having an ACCURATE home scales, but you should only weigh yourself about once a week. The body varies it's weight so much, you can only really believe weight losses which persist from week to week.

Well my point was that if you're attending Slimming World classes, that should be the only time you weigh yourself.

If you're at home then things are a little different but the major point remains; any more than once is a week is unhelpful

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Cat.OR

Hi, does anyone here have the xhixken gravy recipe that is supposed to taste like KFC chicken gravy. .. apparently uses smash?

Cat.OR wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone here have the xhixken gravy recipe that is supposed to taste like KFC chicken gravy. .. apparently uses smash?

I think it's the crispy coating on the chicken that uses smash instead of breadcrumbs. There's a recipe for syn free chicken gravy here http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/syn-free-gravy I haven't tried it but reviews look good :)

Thank you so much for that recipe. appreciate you coming back to me. look forward to trying:)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Cat.OR wrote: »

Here you go :) it's delicious!

2 chicken oxos
    2 knorr chicken gel stocks
    teaspoon pepper
    pint water

stir to boil then reduce heat

add a lil instant mash to thicken while stirring

Thanks very much blondbomb:). look forward :)

• Advertisement

Weighed in last night and was down 1.5lbs, which I was surprised by as it's a star week. Not a big loss but enough to get me my 2.5stone award!

2 pounds off this week, total loss so far 2 stone 9 pounds... which means I'm more than halfway to my target! Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    Here you go :) it's delicious!

2 chicken oxos
    2 knorr chicken gel stocks

teaspoon pepper
    pint water

stir to boil then reduce heat

add a lil instant mash to thicken while stirring

Two of each of these? :eek: That would be disgustingly salty!

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    Two of each of these? :eek: That would be disgustingly salty!

Its to replicate KFC so I'm not sure what you're expecting... :)

My wife has tailored that slightly and the result is amazing.

Boil 200ml water

add;
    2 chicken oxo
    1 chicken stock pot
    1 tsp ground black pepper

then use smash to thicken to your own preference

Have my weigh in tonight. Have been so good and sneakily weighed myself on my own scales. Im usually 2lbs heavier on the SW scales, but it doesn't look like ive really lost anything which would be disappointing.

We have taster night tonight so at least that's something to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

3lb down tonight, finally feel like I'm back on track! Have been up and down for the last few months but feel like I'm finally getting back into it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I “maintained" today. Fairly disappointed to be honest. Kept a food diary and was very strict to plan. Only thing I can think of is I put my back out on Monday badly!!! Lots of inflammation and took painkillers anti inflammatories etc. Will keep to plan and if I don't see a loss next week I will think about it all over again :(:(

I “maintained" today. Fairly disappointed to be honest. Kept a food diary and was very strict to plan. Only thing I can think of is I put my back out on Monday badly!!! Lots of inflammation and took painkillers anti inflammatories etc. Will keep to plan and if I don't see a loss next week I will think about it all over again :(:(

I've heard lots of people saying painkillers, particularly antiinflammatories, cause you to retain water. Ladies in my group have had gains of a couple of pounds for that reason, so a maintain sounds like quite a good result to me - try not to get disillusioned, you're doing so well!

Watching operation transformation tonight and watching the 'experts' belittle the poor women for ONLY losing 1.5lbs made me shake with anger. It also made me appreciate how much I love slimming world. I ONLY lost 1.5lbs this week and what happened? Our amazing slimming world expert Denise congratulated and encouraged me. That spurred me on for the week ahead. I know that if I was ever shouted at for not losing 'enough' weight in a week I'd be straight out the door to dominos pizza.

• Advertisement

Watching operation transformation tonight and watching the 'experts' belittle the poor women for ONLY losing 1.5lbs made me shake with anger. It also made me appreciate how much I love slimming world. I ONLY lost 1.5lbs this week and what happened? Our amazing slimming world expert Denise congratulated and encouraged me. That spurred me on for the week ahead. I know that if I was ever shouted at for not losing 'enough' weight in a week I'd be straight out the door to dominos pizza.

Operation Transformation is all about the drama - haven't seen much of it this year but I imagine we must be nearly at the stage where one of them considers quitting and we get the psych guy visiting them at home and raking up emotional sh!t from their past? I, like you, like my weight loss drama- and humiliation - free.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement