Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Some of the ones at work are doing slimming world so we decided to take it in turns making lunches, my turn tomorrow and I made quiche. I couldn't get fat free cotage cheese, just low fat. I used 1 pot which about 160 cals - can anyone tell me the syn value of this?

gg2 wrote: »
    Some of the ones at work are doing slimming world so we decided to take it in turns making lunches, my turn tomorrow and I made quiche. I couldn't get fat free cotage cheese, just low fat. I used 1 pot which about 160 cals - can anyone tell me the syn value of this?

One and a half syns per 100g is the highest value I can find online :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

dee_mc wrote: »
    One and a half syns per 100g is the highest value I can find online :)

Super thanks!! Anyone any suggestions of recipes that would work for lunches of 4-5 people? Anything with plenty of veg :)

gg2 wrote: »
    Super thanks!! Anyone any suggestions of recipes that would work for lunches of 4-5 people? Anything with plenty of veg :)

Falafel, hummus and tabbouleh salad is something I'm working on - picked it up in M&S last weekend and it was delicious, I posted the falafel and hummus recipes on this thread a few days ago but haven't attempted the bulgur wheat yet, it was lovely and herby though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I have a taster night in 2 weeks, not a fan of them, really don't get much out of them so I think I will just weigh & go...

I also find it difficult as I can't eat cheese so I don't really feel comfortable eating things when I won't know if cheese is in it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rooneysdaman

Can anyone tell me is it ok to go between two different groups? I work an hour and a half away from my home and it would be great to have the option of going to a 5.30 meeting after work (if I get out in time) or going to the 7.30 meeting at home....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

So much for baking something nice for the taster this evening! Just spent the night in a&e with mr wellyd. He's dosing on a trolley so I'm going to sneak out to get weighed. I cannot miss another week. Expecting a 4-5lb weight gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Can anyone tell me is it ok to go between two different groups? I work an hour and a half away from my home and it would be great to have the option of going to a 5.30 meeting after work (if I get out in time) or going to the 7.30 meeting at home....

Yeah, it's no trouble at all. Every now and again a "visitor" pops up in our group

Wellyd wrote: »
    So much for baking something nice for the taster this evening! Just spent the night in a&e with mr wellyd. He's dosing on a trolley so I'm going to sneak out to get weighed. I cannot miss another week. Expecting a 4-5lb weight gain.

Hope Mr Wellyd is ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

dee_mc wrote: »
    Hope Mr Wellyd is ok

Fingers crossed I'll have him back to full health soon!

Also my anticipated 4-5lb gain was in fact a 5lb loss! Only 1.5lbs to my 3 stone award! Fingers crossed for that next week! Whoops just realised I've a christening at the weekend! Still maybe if I've a few good days before that!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My first weigh-in this evening!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cuddlylad

great success stories here over the past week, well done everyone, hope valentines wkend didnt put anyone off the trolly!!

cuddlylad wrote: »
    great success stories here over the past week, well done everyone, hope valentines wkend didnt put anyone off the trolly!!

My weigh in later. I've had 3 take-aways since the last one.

Perfect other than that of course :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Anyone know if the soup available in the Spar deli would be high in syns ?

Yay 1.5lbs down on my first weigh in! :) Very happy with since I'm still getting used to it and tweaking things.

Dodge wrote: »
    My weigh in later. I've had 3 take-aways since the last one.

Perfect other than that of course :p

Down 2.5 :)

I ate a burger. With cheese. And bacon. Je ne regrette rien :P

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

My no carb day yesterday ended with a huge plate of SW chips and a quark/sweet chilli dip. Topped off with a benefit bar for good measure. Can't wait for weigh in:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

I am going to my first meeting this evening, I am nervous but excited at the same time!

• Advertisement

Sparkles27 wrote: »
    I am going to my first meeting this evening, I am nervous but excited at the same time!

I like it so far. It's great hearing how much other people have lost, where they might be going wrong and others giving them advise etc etc It really really motivated me yesterday evening and I'm feeling positive for the week ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

tk123 wrote: »
    I like it so far. It's great hearing how much other people have lost, where they might be going wrong and others giving them advise etc etc It really really motivated me yesterday evening and I'm feeling positive for the week ahead!

Thanks for the reply tk. I am definitely gonna be sure to stay for the talk every week too as I feel that would keep you motivated. I just hope it works for me now!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

Have done slimming world before and lost a good bit. Ive been on it this time for 2 weeks and only lost a 1lb..have no idea why this is happening? I have my TOM at the moment so wondering if it could be that?

Feeling very disheartened right now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,426 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Greenduck wrote: »
    Have done slimming world before and lost a good bit. Ive been on it this time for 2 weeks and only lost a 1lb..have no idea why this is happening? I have my TOM at the moment so wondering if it could be that?

Feeling very disheartened right now :(
    do a food diary, hopefully it will show next week, are you using your syns?

Stayed the same, happy enough, 2 non slimming world dinners in a row plus a disgusting but calorific pancake will all have contributed to the lack of a loss... Back home today so back on plan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

im starting this tonight, what's it like?

mrmorgan wrote: »
    im starting this tonight, what's it like?

In ours you have new members talk with the leader for about 30 mins while everyone is getting weighed, then she has a talk (ours this week was about pancakes lol) and then she goes through how people did - eg 'mrmorgan you lost 5lbs well done!' everyone claps if there's a loss :p and you can chat about how you got on/ask for advise if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 29,426 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

stayed the same, very busy at work , had only breakfast today as was so busy. Thought i would be down

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

The new Slimming World frozen range will be in all Iceland Stores from tomorrow February 19th, 2 days earlier than expected!

They arrived in UK stores today.

• Advertisement

The new Slimming World frozen range will be in all Iceland Stores from tomorrow February 19th, 2 days earlier than expected!

They arrived in UK stores today.

We got 4 vouchers this week - 2 for €5 I saw on FB that most of the uk stores sold out fast

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement