Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cuddlylad

Down 4.5lbs tonight lads and delighted, total loss since 26th jan 8.5lbs, hope I can keep it up!!
    Anyone any updates?
    I need to curve away frm chicken stir frys, grilled steak and roast pork cause getting a bit boring, what's everyone favourite recipe???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

cuddlylad wrote: »
    Down 4.5lbs tonight lads and delighted, total loss since 26th jan 8.5lbs, hope I can keep it up!!
    Anyone any updates?
    I need to curve away frm chicken stir frys, grilled steak and roast pork cause getting a bit boring, what's everyone favourite recipe???

Wow well done! My favourite recipe is definitely diet cola chicken. It's absolutely amazing! Everytime I cook it I seem to have visitors looking for some! And the speedy bolognese is yum and cooked in less than 30 minutes.

http://www.slimmingworld.ie/recipes/diet-cola-chicken.aspx

http://www.slimmingworld.ie/recipes/speedy-bolognese.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Guess what, that one pound I have been waiting about 6 weeks to lose to get to my 2 and a half stone........... Well I'm still waiting!!!!!!!!!

Maintained today???? But not too annoyed, I am walking loads every day, doing a bit of swimming, and there was a few days when I was hungry. I know I didn't eat enough to compensate for the extra exercise, but I am beginning to tone up. First time in years where I am beginning to see and like my shape.

Might have said it one or twice before, but next week...... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Vickysg24

I joined sw on the 6th Jan and have so far lost a total of 1stone 1lb. Delighted as i have found the plan so easy. I've a 3 stone to go to reach my target and i finally feel I'm on the right track now. Love sw!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Vickysg24

I joined sw on the 6th Jan and have so far lost a total of 1stone 1lb. Delighted as i have found the plan so easy. I've a 3 stone to go to reach my target and i finally feel I'm on the right track now. Love sw!!!!!

• Advertisement

Vickysg24 wrote: »

Congrats vickysg, that's a great loss. Best of luck with the rest of your weight loss journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭lorr27

Down 1lb. I'm delighted with that as I was expecting a gain or a sts by the looks of my own scales. I know I shouldn't use my own but I'm addicted! I stand on them every morning and last thing before I go to bed. I'm down another lb on my own scales already so I'm excited about weigh in next week.
    My weigh in is on Mondays at 5.30. I just have my breakfast and a light lunch that day. Unfortunately I've zumba straight after sw so am absolutely famished by the time I get home. Do all of you eat very lightly on the day of weigh in or would you have a normal day?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

lorr27 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I've zumba straight after sw so am absolutely famished by the time I get home. Do all of you eat very lightly on the day of weigh in or would you have a normal day?

I eat normally enough, drink water but not excessively, and stop eating at 4pm. Weigh in is at half 7, so I bring a Mugshot with me and eat it after I'm weighed:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 george6

I think Slimming World is great. Joined 10 months ago lost 2 stone, and I no longer have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). I never once felt deprived of food, its all about a change of lifestyle. I would highly recommend this to anyone trying to loose weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

My weigh in is on Mondays at 5.30. I just have my breakfast and a light lunch that day. Unfortunately I've zumba straight after sw so am absolutely famished by the time I get home. Do all of you eat very lightly on the day of weigh in or would you have a normal day?

I weigh in Mondays at 7.30 and I normally have my breakfast and then my lunch at about 2. Then I don't eat til after weigh in. If I need something between that time I usually have an apple and a rice cake. I normally cook a dinner that can be easily heated up when I get back. I try to ease up on drinking after 3 o'clock. I do the same every week so that there's a bit of consistency in my weigh in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Same time as me. I wonder....

I take it as a normal day but that means lunch about 12.30 so I'm usually starving by the time we get home from the class

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yeah same as me - monday @ 5:30! I just treat it as a normal day?

I think a lot at my group eat little on that day as most of them are tucking into something at the meeting afterwards. I'm after starting that way now and wouldn't like to be a lb up because I ate my dinner early so I'll suffer on for now. Era I don't be too bad tbh once I've something to eat straight away when I get home. I hold my breath and everything when I stand on the scales lol, I would nearly stand on one leg if I thought it would help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭rhubarbcustard

Well done all again! Lost 3.5 lb -- got rid of the 3lb that I gained last week plus another 1/2 so im happy to be back on track. @cuddlylad have you tried Sw lasagne its free and nice to boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭rhubarbcustard

Down 1lb. I'm delighted with that as I was expecting a gain or a sts by the looks of my own scales. I know I shouldn't use my own but I'm addicted! I stand on them every morning and last thing before I go to bed. I'm down another lb on my own scales already so I'm excited about weigh in next week.
    Im the same as that with the daily weigh ins!! Im not so sure if its a good idea but its addictive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Down 1lb this week. I knew I hadn't lost a huge amount but I am happy with that as it is my 22nd consecutive loss :) I think I am 3 lbs away from 3 and half stone award with SW so you never know, I might get that next week or the week after ;):D

1.5lb down which I am happy with. 1lb to target but I am revising this by another 7lb- currently 8 away now!

Vahevala wrote: »
    Down 1lb this week. I knew I hadn't lost a huge amount but I am happy with that as it is my 22nd consecutive loss :) I think I am 3 lbs away from 3 and half stone award with SW so you never know, I might get that next week or the week after ;):D

Well done Vahevala! Do you mind me asking, did it take you long to lose 3 and 1/2 stone? Oh just reading back 22 weeks lol. That is really impressive! I've 23lbs left to target and I'm trying to predict how long it might take. I'm hoping to have it off by mid May for my son's communion. I can't wait to buy something slinky and show off my new figure. These last 8lbs have taken lots of inches from me and I'm now down to a size 14. I started out a size 22 so can't get over the transformation so far. Did any of ye reach your target weight? Did ye continue to lose weight afterwards or did ye try to maintain? I've set my target at 10 10 for now as that used to be my regular weight many moons ago but just wondering should I carry on and see where it takes me?

mejulie805 wrote: »
    1.5lb down which I am happy with. 1lb to target but I am revising this by another 7lb- currently 8 away now!

Well done mejulie! Funny you just pretty much answered my question just before I posted lol. Can't wait to reach target.

Me too- finally relaxing after almost 4 months on SW- even let myself have jellies and pringles last night without feeling bad (although I did make a dip from Quark!)

• Advertisement

Queues out the door in Iceland in Ballyfermot last night for the ready made meals. We got 2 to try. Chicken Tikka Masala is OK. Wife hated the Singapore Noodles

I don't think the meals from Iceland are getting rave reviews down here in Cork either. Was the Tikka very spicy? I read a status about the meatballs being mank. They were impressed by the muller lights, cheese and dried pasta and rice dishes though seemingly much cheaper than dunnes and tesco so might still drive down during the week (cos I'm broke now!) to stock up.

I don't think the meals from Iceland are getting rave reviews down here in Cork either. Was the Tikka very spicy?

No, not very spicy, Although I LOVE spicy food so I mightn't be the best judge there. I normally wouldn't have a Tikka Masala but think it'd be fine to have when you have no time to prepare anything. €3 and decent enough size

Part of me is considering switching to online membership only, one of the only things is that I am worried that I won't stay as strong as noone else is weighing me or getting a scales that will be accurate enough :eek:

Part of me is considering switching to online membership only, one of the only things is that I am worried that I won't stay as strong as noone else is weighing me or getting a scales that will be accurate enough :eek:

Why are you thinking like that Vahevala, if I may ask? You have done so well all along.

Why are you thinking like that Vahevala, if I may ask? You have done so well all along.

I think it is down to the group I am in, I am feeling that the group has turned into groups of cliques and feeling like I don't fit in. They are doing a taster in my normal group this week (I hate them..) so going somewhere else to weigh in and when I go back to my normal group, I am going to switch seats and get to know new people..

I think it is hard going to a group on your own because people stay to their groups :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,426 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I think it is down to the group I am in, I am feeling that the group has turned into groups of cliques and feeling like I don't fit in. They are doing a taster in my normal group this week (I hate them..) so going somewhere else to weigh in and when I go back to my normal group, I am going to switch seats and get to know new people..

I think it is hard going to a group on your own because people stay to their groups :(
    my group is great , there are no real cliques in it, have been to groups before where i hated staying as i felt alone there. I would not be able to do sw on line as i need to stay for class to get motivation/tips for the next week

Vahevala have you looked online for another class close to you? I would definitely rather move classes than migrate online- I need the routine.

I never stay for the group Vahevla, it's very boring tbh. All they seem to do is go around each individual member asking what they lost, clap and ask how much do they want to lose next week. I just go in, pay, weigh and leave again. It still motivates me better than if I were to do it at home I reckon. I was down 2lbs last night, that makes 10 in the last 4 weeks that leaves me with 21lbs to my target. I'm hoping to get there by mid May. I hate weighing in on Monday evenings as I'm always expecting a gain following the weekend, on the positive side it keeps me good and stops me cheating I suppose! I just came back from Iceland where I spent 120! I was only expecting to spend 40 or 50 but I just couldn't stop loading the trolley! I wouldn't mind but I only went down for a few slimming world dinners and only came home with 2 lol. I filled the trolley with mugshots, batchelors rice and pasta and muller light yogurts. They were pretty cheap, worth the trip alone. I got the tikka masala and the braised beef so hopefully they're nice. I probably won't be trying them until I'm having a busy day though. How did everyone's weigh in go last night/this morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I don't usually stay to group either, just don't find it particularly good. Some weeks it just feels like another '100 ways to corrupt a muller light' session. But like you lorr27, knowing I'm going to weigh in 'publicly' on a Wednesday keeps me on track better than if I was doing it online. I'm sure to some people it sounds mental to pay €9 a week to queue up to step on a scales, but yeah maybe I'm just a bit mental because it seems to be working!
    I'm hoping to have a loss this week after 2 maintains in a row, 2 weeks ago I was exceeding my syns daily (my excuse was the fact that I was soooo cold!) and last week I had 2 off-plan dinners, whereas this week I exceeded syns by 1 or 2 on two days but stuck perfectly to plan the rest of the time... getting back into the swing of things gradually... I keep telling myself it'll get easier once the weather improves, we shall see!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement