Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I have been chatting to a girl from group on twitter and I am going to try and sit with her next week and give the clique a big wide berth... we seem to get on well :) I will also try to become friendly with new people.

I do find the class very handy as it is so close to me. I normally weigh in on a Thursday evening (7.30) but this week as it is taster night, I may weigh in early, would it really affect my weight if I weighed in Thursday morning instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭lorr27

Vahevala wrote: »
    I may weigh in early, would it really affect my weight if I weighed in Thursday morning instead?

It would, I'm normally 1-2 lbs lighter in the morning. Carry on with your class don't get disheartened by the cliques. At the end of the day ye are all there for the same reason

lorr27 wrote: »
    It would, I'm normally 1-2 lbs lighter in the morning. Carry on with your class don't get disheartened by the cliques. At the end of the day ye are all there for the same reason

Maybe I weigh in early and that might help me get the 2 and half lbs I need for my 3 and half stone award. :D

Thanks everyone for listening to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Maybe I weigh in early and that might help me get the 2 and half lbs I need for my 3 and half stone award. :D

Thanks everyone for listening to me :)

I think it's great to have this forum as a place to vent when you're feeling less than fabulous!
    Best of luck with the 3 and a half stone award, I'm aiming for my 3 stone sometime in the next millenium month...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I lost 1lb last night so have caught up with my friend who's a week ahead of me. I had half my thyroid removed almost 6 years ago so know the weight will come off slowly so happy enough!! Although I'm jealous of the girls losing 2 or 4 lbs a week lol! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

tk123 wrote: »
    I lost 1lb last night so have caught up with my friend who's a week ahead of me. I had half my thyroid removed almost 6 years ago so know the weight will come off slowly so happy enough!! Although I'm jealous of the girls losing 2 or 4 lbs a week lol! :p

a pound a week is just short of 4 stone in a year

Dodge wrote: »
    a pound a week is just short of 4 stone in a year

You're right!! Woohoo!! My target is just under 2 stone so lets hope I'm done in 6 months :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Tk id be delighted with a lb a week. Mine comes off slowly too but ill get there, if it kills me ha ha, plus now i have an extra special reason to try even harder, my wedding!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I think it is down to the group I am in, I am feeling that the group has turned into groups of cliques and feeling like I don't fit in. They are doing a taster in my normal group this week (I hate them..) so going somewhere else to weigh in and when I go back to my normal group, I am going to switch seats and get to know new people..

I think it is hard going to a group on your own because people stay to their groups :(

That's a shame vahevala, my group we all sit wherever, for a while I was also turned off my group, but we got a new leader who is brilliant. The cliques that used to bother me before I just started talking with them and they are fine now. Still talk for us all but I leave them off.

End of the day it's your weight that does the talking and it seems you are flying with that. Keep with class, I think it's a great motivator.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

I had my first weigh in yesterday evening and I was down 5 pound which I am delighted with as I didn't do a tap of exercise and I realised on Sunday I had been eating the wrong bread as my healthy extra b.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Only down half a pound this week. Not too surprised because Mr wellyd was in hospital for a week so I was eating ridiculously all week! 1lb to my 3 stone award so fingers crossed for that next week!

I did it!!! Yeaaahhh just a pound down, but I have reached my 2 and a half stone loss. It has been the longest struggle, but let's hope I am back on track now.

Have been doing the 10,000 steps a day challenge so that has helped.

Now need to get out of the 16 stone mark, 3 pounds to get to that target. So happy :D:D:D

I did it!!! Yeaaahhh just a pound down, but I have reached my 2 and a half stone loss. It has been the longest struggle, but let's hope I am back on track now.

Have been doing the 10,000 steps a day challenge so that has helped.

Now need to get out of the 16 stone mark, 3 pounds to get to that target. So happy :D:D:D

Big pat on the back, good on you!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭lorr27

Well done clappyhappy, wellyd, and sparkles. It's great to see the lbs coming off! Loving this diet so far, I'm not craving take-aways like I normally do on any other diet. I've 4lbs to lose for my 1st stone which I reckon will be a lb a week from here on as I couldn't imagine losing any more than that being 5 weeks in. Slow and steady wins the race. This week everyone is commenting on my weightloss, it's really showing now. I'm so happy to be back in a 14 I feel like I'm six feet tall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,515 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

down 2.5lbs got my half stone award, took me long enough:rolleyes: was a new member there who lost 9.5lbs in her first week:eek:

Down 3 pounds, yay! One more to go til my 3 stone award! Bought a new top and some rings to celebrate (my nice rings are all falling off, boo hoo / yay!!! )

dee_mc wrote: »
    Down 3 pounds, yay! One more to go til my 3 stone award! Bought a new top and some rings to celebrate (my nice rings are all falling off, boo hoo / yay!!! )
    whelan2 wrote: »
    down 2.5lbs got my half stone award, took me long enough:rolleyes: was a new member there who lost 9.5lbs in her first week:eek:

Well done to you both, great to see the losses again :D:D

Well done to you both, great to see the losses again :D:D

Thanks! Good laugh today: last week, when I weighed in as a visiting member to a different group with someone else, I maintained and she had a gain; anyway, this week we both had decent losses, so now she's utterly convinced the scale in the other group was 'rigged'!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

Hi all,

After years of battling my weight, including a few temporarily successful stints in weightwatchers, I decided enough is enough and I've joined Slimming World online.

I lost 9lbs in the first week, 1.5lbs the second, and 1.5lbs this week. 12lbs in 3 weeks. I'm still in shock! I have to say, I'm still waiting for "the catch". I haven't once felt hungry and I love cooking from scratch.

Looking forward to keeping up with this thread and seeing all your successes. I've a long way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

There's no catch. That's the great thing.

I had my weigh in after new york last week and I'm up 5 and half. To be honest I'm not surprised and I have been bad since I got home too. Ate a whole box of milk tray since sun! ! So all my own fault. Back on track now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 rrrachy

I was half a pound down this week.... ive been loosing a pound or two ish a week...im happy ...im nearly at a stone... im interested to hear your experiences...im not great for totally sticking to it (I try) but im interested to know if you 100% stay on plan and no extra syns do u see big losses?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rrrachy

I was half a pound down this week.... ive been loosing a pound or two ish a week...im happy ...im nearly at a stone... im interested to hear your experiences...im not great for totally sticking to it (I try) but im interested to know if you 100% stay on plan and no extra syns do u see big losses?

rrrachy wrote: »

Not necessarily big losses when 100% on plan but definite losses. I'm a bag of hormones so my losses vary depending on what stage of my cycle I'm at. But yeah being 100% on plan absolutely works, it's easy enough to slip but it's great that you can always get back on track :)
    Well done by the way, you're doing great!

I love cooking from scratch.

If you love cooking then slimming world is made for you. Genuinely the weeks I do best are the weeks were we try cooking something new.

Fresh food prepared well = weight losses

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I am tempted to go to Iceland today! Down the country with work and could easily slip to Finglas on the way home. Is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mimmi07

1.5lbs up - but I'll take it. Weekend away in London, I wasn't mega bad but I was a tad chilled about what I ate. Anyway I think my weekend away has given me a chance to re-focus as I was getting fed up with my food and cooking - time of year and my hormones aren't helping. I've lost 2 stone since last June, so I am on the last lap and I accept that 1lb loss a week is where I am at and it takes being very good to get that.

Well done everyone else - you've all given me the impetus to go for it this week - I am aiming for 3lbs off.

Does everyone use all their syns? On a typical day I'll have 13 left if I have a free dinner - I only use 2 all day for my lunch. Will I loose weight quicker if I don't use them or should I treat myself so I don't go mad lol?

Does everyone use all their syns? On a typical day I'll have 13 left if I have a free dinner - I only use 2 all day for my lunch. Will I loose weight quicker if I don't use them or should I treat myself so I don't go mad lol?

Its recommend you use at least 5 a day. I use "most" of mine each day but still have a couple in reserve most days too

I use 6 to 15 every day and have lost 2 stone 13 pounds since September. I restricted syns a couple of weeks in the beginning (less than 6, sometimes none) and my losses suffered. Use your syns, it really does work!

• Advertisement

The run had to come to an end sometime... 23 weeks in and had my first gain! I put on 1/2 lb... I think it is down to the lack of water... will just pick myself up & try again...:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement