Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Vahevala wrote: »
    The run had to come to an end sometime... 23 weeks in and had my first gain! I put on 1/2 lb... I think it is down to the lack of water... will just pick myself up & try again...:)

That's a piddling gain, you'll be back on track in no time!
    So hard to drink the water when it's cold, I'm struggling with it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Vahevala wrote: »
    The run had to come to an end sometime... 23 weeks in and had my first gain! I put on 1/2 lb... I think it is down to the lack of water... will just pick myself up & try again...:)

Vahevala as my sister always says to me when I'm disappointed "pick your chins up off the floor and carry on". Half a lb is seriously nothing really and you've done so well so far! It's the tiniest drop in the ocean. You'll be flying it again next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Well although I had an internal plan of pushing my target back 1/2st I hadn't done it yet!

Lost 1.5lb last night- and got my target! Really happy, have a little badge and no more weekly paying!

Still going to work down that extra 7lb, but 1/2lb a week will be grand as I'm in no rush :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rooneysdaman

CONGRATULATIONS mejulie!!! What an achievement, well done!! How does it feel?

I went to my first weigh-in on Wednesday. I basically missed the first two days of my plan because I had work travel commitments and wasn't organised. But I got on track on Day 3 and managed to lose 2lbs in 5 days. I've signed up to the 12-week thing and paid in advance so that's it now, I'll be putting my mouth where my money is haha.

Does anybody have the fakeaway recipe for KFC chicken? I can't find it on the website.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

just search this thread. I can't now but it's been posted fairly recently

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

CONGRATULATIONS mejulie!!! What an achievement, well done!! How does it feel?

Thanks :pac: I'm delighted! I think I could definitely have changed my target but I keep remembering that I thought my current target was so far away the day I set it! Now I can go every week and save my money but still work on keeping the habits SW gave me :P:P:P
    Does anybody have the fakeaway recipe for KFC chicken? I can't find it on the website.....

Someone posted this on my SW Facebook group- I have never made it.
    SW KFC style chicken.. I'd say about 2-3 syns for the lot.. The secret is to keep spraying with fry lite every few mins.. I'll throw it all in a wok (if sober enough) with some fresh grated ginger, garlic,red chilli and the juice of half a lime just to coat it all..:)

The coating was.. Two spoonfuls of instant mash, salt, pepper, dried herbs,crushed chicken oxo cube, cumin powder, turmeric.. Dried garlic powder,mix it all up, dip in beaten egg and coat.. I used chicken thighs.. The ingredients I mentioned in the post are for later to fry off in the wok before eating

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

Wellyd wrote: »
    Get 1 whole bag of frozen cauliflower.
    Put it in a saucepan with some chicken stock. (Just use enough stock to cover the cauliflower)
    Cook until it's tender.
    Drain the stock into a bowl (you'll need it in a minute)
    Then blitz the cauliflower with a hand held blender. It should look like messy white gloop!
    Add a small amount of the chicken stock to the cauliflower and mix it resembles a sauce. (Add more stock if you need. Just add it in small amounts)
    Then throw in a few laughing cow light triangles (I normally throw in 3-4. It depends on how many you're making it for) and blitz til it's smooth.

It's really tasty and you're eating extra vegetables without realising!

Hi I just wanted to say I made this white sauce today and it is just like the jar of white sauce thanks for this recipe as I love lasagne and now I cam make a sw one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Hi need to lose 3 stone that I've put on in 2 years. I'm a really crap cook, okay I'm not awful but not great and was wondering if I join is there an easier plan for people who wouldn't be confident cooks? I was thinking of joining online as in just too embarrassed to get weighed in front of everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

lukesmom wrote: »
    Hi need to lose 3 stone that I've put on in 2 years. I'm a really crap cook, okay I'm not awful but not great and was wondering if I join is there an easier plan for people who wouldn't be confident cooks? I was thinking of joining online as in just too embarrassed to get weighed in front of everybody.

Trust me Lukesmom, the whole plan couldn't be easier as it is. I was never a great cook and used jars or sauces and packets for all my dinners. I haven't used a jar of sauce since i joined nearly 3 years ago!!

All the recipes apart from the odd one are so simple and basic to follow with just normal ingredients. Honestly, its a great plan and everyone that joins cant believe how much you can eat and lose weight.

Def give it a go and see how you get on.

You don't get weighed in in front of everyone though, you are weighed in by yourself and no one else knows your weight apart from the lady who records it and its totally confidential. Its the least embarrassing situation at all, so don't feel like that.

That's the whole point of SW that people don't feel like that when they attend.

• Advertisement

andreac wrote: »
    Trust me Lukesmom, the whole plan couldn't be easier as it is. I was never a great cook and used jars or sauces and packets for all my dinners. I haven't used a jar of sauce since i joined nearly 3 years ago!!

All the recipes apart from the odd one are so simple and basic to follow with just normal ingredients. Honestly, its a great plan and everyone that joins cant believe how much you can eat and lose weight.

Def give it a go and see how you get on.

You don't get weighed in in front of everyone though, you are weighed in by yourself and no one else knows your weight apart from the lady who records it and its totally confidential. Its the least embarrassing situation at all, so don't feel like that.

That's the whole point of SW that people don't feel like that when they attend.

Thanks AndreaC that sounds very encouraging. I know I could get to a group no problem there's 3 or 4 groups in my town would you advise the group instead of online??

Def go to group. The reason is you really need the plan explained to you face to face and it can take a couple of weeks to get to know it and get used to all your syns and free foods and speed foods etc. The leaders are great and can be really encouraging, so i would recommend you go to class even for the first few weeks so you can totally understand it.

I do find it's better motivation knowing that you actually have to go to class to be weighed, makes you more focused, in my opinion anyway.

Then we are here to help you out with any queries if you are stuck :-)

Thanks Andrea ive just contacted a slimming world group leader and am going on wednesday

Thanks Andrea ive just contacted a slimming world group leader and am going on wednesday

Brilliant, best of luck. You wont regret it!! I go on a wednesday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Agree 100% with what andreac has written. Don't worry about your weight being known by all. You weigh in, your weight is written in your book, then when class starts the leader will say lukesmom you lost 2lbs etc. Our leader if you gained will just say you had a gain, what happened, how do you plan to rectify it. They never show you up.

Just remember everyone there is there for the same reason,to lose weight. Don't feel embarrassed, first night I went that's all I kept thinking, and I really love going now.

Best of luck and keep in touch here, we all share our ups and downs here ;)

Thats great, you'll be glad you did. Good luck!

Made this tonight and honestly can't believe how good it was. And totally free! I got to use my syns on naan bread and poppadoms and feel soooooo the opposite of deprived. I really can't believe I had such a tasty, decadent-tasting meal and I will still lose weight today. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I've used no syns at all today and have just figured out I can have half a bar of lindt dark choc!! :D

How do you not use syns tk? I struggle not to go over my syns.

Do you not eat many treats?
    Just made the half syn cake tonight. Yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭tk123

How do you not use syns tk? I struggle not to go over my syns.

Do you not eat many treats?
    Just made the half syn cake tonight. Yum yum

It just worked out that way today lol! I used to have really bad reflux for months and months so tend to stick to the same 'safe' foods/meals and they just happen to be free. During the week I might have a light frappe in Starbucks - the coffee one is 4, 6 or 7 syns depending on which size you get and I'd use 2 with my lunch so I'd always have at least 5 by the evening.

Tomorrow I'm going to be very bold though and wipe out all my sins in one bite of my burger king treat!!! :o

• Advertisement

Ah right I see. God I'd love not to use my treats but I like my treat with a cuppa and I have quite a few of those every day lol.

Ah right I see. God I'd love not to use my treats but I like my treat with a cuppa and I have quite a few of those every day lol.

What treats do you have with a cuppa Andrea? I love having something with a cuppa too, having one on its own just feels so naked and wrong....

I usually have one of the hifi bars or the Aldi benefit bars. Other than that I might have a plain rich tea or marietta as they are low in syns.
    If I want something bit more I might have a curly wurly 6 syns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Asking for a friend! I make overnight oats a couple of nights a week and I was googling some variations on the recipes when I spotted a slimming world one which says its free on all plans. Told my mate but she says there must be sins as porridge oats aren't free? Any info on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

Free if you are using porridge as your hex b.

Yes as Twenty10 says, if you are using the porridge as your Healthy B option these are free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Well although I had an internal plan of pushing my target back 1/2st I hadn't done it yet!

Lost 1.5lb last night- and got my target! Really happy, have a little badge and no more weekly paying!

Still going to work down that extra 7lb, but 1/2lb a week will be grand as I'm in no rush :D

Congratulations, that is fantastic :) How much have you lost in total?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

Shocker of a week this week. My period was 5 days late and the plan was just out the window for a lot of it. I weigh in on a Tuesday and I reckon I'll be up a minimum of 3lbs. I'm so annoyed with myself but hoping I can just pick myself up and get back to it.

I was so unprepared last week and that is definitely the key for me. I have this week planned out though, dinner-wise so I should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Shocker of a week this week. My period was 5 days late and the plan was just out the window for a lot of it. I weigh in on a Tuesday and I reckon I'll be up a minimum of 3lbs. I'm so annoyed with myself but hoping I can just pick myself up and get back to it.

I was so unprepared last week and that is definitely the key for me. I have this week planned out though, dinner-wise so I should be ok.

Good on you, it's hard when you have a setback like that to get back on the horse but you're dead right to plan for the next few days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

dee_mc wrote: »
    Good on you, it's hard when you have a setback like that to get back on the horse but you're dead right to plan for the next few days!

It's amazing the difference having a plan makes. I work late 2 nights a week so when I'm home at 9:30 pm it used to be so easy to just say "feck it, I'm getting a Chinese." Now I make sure I have soup in the fridge ready to go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement