Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Anybody got a needle and thread to sew my mouth shut?! Literally am eating anything in sight for the last 3 days. I need a serious kick in the ass to cop on! Only positive is I have discovered the joy of butternut squash and red pepper soup! I've probably had about a gallon this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Gone of the rails here too. Think I've gone over syns 5 of 7 days this week. Weigh in tomorrow should be fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

8 weeks in - 1st 4lb down.
    So happy - I have been struggling to loose weight for years, and no my clothes feel bigger and my stomach looks smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Yeah I went off the rails this weekend too a bit, I'd say I could be waiting a while to rid myself of that last pound to make it to three stone loss! Point of pride though, very social weekend and not a drop of alcohol passed my lips :) definitely lost count of syns though!!

dee_mc wrote: »
    I'd say I could be waiting a while to rid myself of that last pound to make it to three stone loss!

Oh dee_mc I feel your pain! I was optimistic that I'd get it this week too but realistically I haven't a chance! We'll get there eventually!

• Advertisement

Wellyd wrote: »
    Oh dee_mc I feel your pain! I was optimistic that I'd get it this week too but realistically I haven't a chance! We'll get there eventually!

I'm making more magic falafel tomorrow, hopefully that'll do the trick! Brown bread was my downfall this weekend, and I had half a slice of toast this morning, I'm a bread fiend given any temptation whatsoever :D No more being bold now, until the next time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

8 weeks in - 1st 4lb down.
    So happy - I have been struggling to loose weight for years, and no my clothes feel bigger and my stomach looks smaller.

That's brilliant Hollister, well done!! I am only in my 2nd week and getting weighed tomorrow so fingers crossed! I had a bad enough weekend though but hopefully I will still be down some bit. I was down 5 pounds after my first week which I was delighted with.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Vahevala wrote: »
    Congratulations, that is fantastic :) How much have you lost in total?

Thanks :) So far have lost 26lb in the 16 weeks I've been with SW. I knew a while ago I wanted my target to be lower but my consultant said not to change it until I've been at target a few weeks. Was going to fight her on this before I realised I wont have to pay for a while!

Day isn't starting off great though- big event in work today and came in to find a bag of jellies on my desk. They are now gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mimmi07

dee_mc wrote: »
    Yeah I went off the rails this weekend too a bit, I'd say I could be waiting a while to rid myself of that last pound to make it to three stone loss! Point of pride though, very social weekend and not a drop of alcohol passed my lips :) definitely lost count of syns though!!

I was good all during the days this weekend, but my weekend treat of a glass of wine in the evening just makes me unravel. Drink wine want cheese and bread or crackers!!! Seriously think I'm going to have just cut it out for a while if I want my weight loss to get moving again.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭lorr27

I had a bit of a pig out this weekend too, I had a really stressful and emotional week where I didn't eat at all one of the days. Just loads of coffee and cigarettes! Judging by my own scales I reckon I'll be down 2lbs, I'm hoping for 4 to get into the 11's and be down my first stone but tbh I don't mind if it takes another week or two once it keeps coming down. Today is a bad day, I've nothing prepared for lunch or dinner. I'm going to have to pull my finger out and get organised before the hunger sets in! I've changed my weigh in from mon eve to tue morn as I am running around like a headless chicken with zumba straight after class with nothing in my belly since lunch time. Plus tue mornings are quieter so looking forward to a smaller group. Well done on your weight losses!

• Advertisement

Dodge wrote: »
    Gone of the rails here too. Think I've gone over syns 5 of 7 days this week. Weigh in tomorrow should be fun

Down 2

Got my 3 stone award. I'm stunned

I did a ton of super free but still

Dodge wrote: »
    Down 2

Got my 3 stone award. I'm stunned

I did a ton of super free but still

Congratulations, big milestone!

Congrats Dodge! Such an amazing achievement! I'm struggling to get my fruit in at the moment. Most of the fruits I like are out of season! I can't wait for strawberry season! It's so hard to eat the ones out at the moment especially when you're from the home of fresh strawberries! I think I need to have a good look at my book to double check what fruits are speed and what's just free! Normally weigh in tonight but I'm home for a few days so the next chance I'll get to weigh in will be Wednesday. Hopefully I can try undo some of the damage from the weekend before then!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Down 1.5! My friend legged it after her weigh in because she put on .5 lol!! Are some of us in the same group I wonder? We'll have to all wear something the same next week to see :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Well done everyone. My weigh in isn't till Thursday so really hoping I can make a big dent towards my 3 and half stone award with SW (3 lbs to go).

I have cut the melon out as I was finding it difficult to eat a full one before it would go off (as I live alone) so stopped buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

I have no idea how, but I stayed the same this week. After the way I felt all week I'm very happy with that! :)

I have cut the melon out as I was finding it difficult to eat a full one before it would go off.

I usually eat a melon in one sitting! Well, I did before I ate so many they now make me sick!! Good luck on your 3lb :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Well done everyone. My weigh in isn't till Thursday so really hoping I can make a big dent towards my 3 and half stone award with SW (3 lbs to go).

I have cut the melon out as I was finding it difficult to eat a full one before it would go off (as I live alone) so stopped buying it.

I'm the only one that eats melon in my house, hubby allergic to them, kids not mad about them. I usually buy the green one in lidl, has a Spanish name can't remember it. But when I get home I peel and cut it up and keep in the fridge. Lasts for ages.

I haven't tried melon on sw yet, I really must get out and buy one. I'm just back from weigh in and lost 3.5lbs. Just short the half lb for my first stone. Hopefully I'll get it next week. What are ye having for dinner today, I think I'll make bolognese. The kids love it.

lorr27 wrote: »
    I haven't tried melon on sw yet, I really must get out and buy one. I'm just back from weigh in and lost 3.5lbs. Just short the half lb for my first stone. Hopefully I'll get it next week. What are ye having for dinner today, I think I'll make bolognese. The kids love it.

Well done!

Tonight I'm making fish and chips. The other half loves it. I keep some syns for some extra breadcrumbs ;)

• Advertisement

How do you make the batter for the fish, haven't tried this yet partly because the kids hate it. I love it myself with mushy peas and hellman's mayo. It's definitely going on the menu for Wednesday.

lorr27 wrote: »
    How do you make the batter for the fish, haven't tried this yet partly because the kids hate it. I love it myself with mushy peas and hellman's mayo. It's definitely going on the menu for Wednesday.

Dip the fish in egg and then coat it with breadcrumbs and pepper and then bake. The sw recipe states 25g of breadcrumbs for 4 servings but I found it wasn't really enough to properly coat it. It's lovely and light.

We use Smash (the instant mash potato) instead of breadcrumbs. Syn Free

On a major SW cook off today! So far I've made a pot of vegetable soup, a pot of butternut squash and red pepper soup, a slimming world quiche, a SW strawberry cheesecake with a SW brownie base, a pot of diet cola sauce and a pot of speedy bolognese. Waiting for stuff to cool now so it can be portioned up! I'm going to be wore out washing up! But at least I'm more prepared than last week!

I love days like that Wellyd. I'm very disorganised this week as I'm broke with paying out all of the bills. The cost of buying all fresh produce can be a killer at times, thank God for Aldi super 6!

Ok so for all my organising yesterday it couldn't undo the damage of the weekend. Up 2.5lbs. My first gain so I'm really mad at myself but I know I can shift it so a very good welly this week. I might try a few sp days to get rid of it. 3.5lbs to 3 stone!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

I was down 3.5lbs last night so that is 8.5lbs now in total, so happy! I got my half stone award and I got joint slimmer of the week with another girl :) It's only my 2nd week and I am loving Slimming World! It is so much more doable than any other diet I have tried!

So glad you are enjoying it Sparkles27! You've done amazing so far :) best of luck with the rest of your journey!

I have pains in my back with the excess of sweets I've had over the past 2 days... really hope I haven't done a major amount of damage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Was down half a pound today. Ok with that, it's star week and I'm doing lots of walking.

Hopefully will get out of the 16 stone mark in the next 2 weeks, 16 stone 2 and a half now. I really think it's going to be little by little from now on, I'm just over 6 feet tall and a big build so if I keep aiming for my target of 14 stone I do think I would be very scrawny. In my head now is 15 stone, would love to get that by June 1st. Take it step by step, pound by pound..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Oh gosh...you are so tall Clappyhappy.. I am the opposite to you.. I am 5"2 and the weight is so obvious on me :( aiming for 10 stone but I think I will possibly aim for around 9 stone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement