Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Down half a pound! Happy with that, another half to get 3 stone award, fingers firmly crossed for a decent loss next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Down 4 and half lbs. Chuffed to bits. Had put up 5.5 in new york so really wanted to get it off asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Made my mam a slimming world pasta carbonara today and it was free if you use the Parmesan as a healthy a. She really misses the creamy sauces the she loved so I made this.

150g 0% fat free Greek yogurt
    2 egg yolks
    1 chicken stock cube(crumbled)
    30g Parmesan cheese
    1 tsp ground garlic
    3 rashers
    Pasta

Cook the pasta as normal
    Chop the rashers and cook in fry light
    Mix all the other ingredients together. (Keep a small bit of cheese to have on top)
    Drain the pasta and mix the 'sauce' and rashers through.
    The sauce will cook on the hot pasta.
    Sprinkle the leftover Parmesan on top.

I threw some chicken into this aswell just to add a bit more protein.

I hate carbonara but it smelled nice and my mam devoured it! So it must've been ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,426 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

i took a holiday week this week, hadnt a good week at all, new start from today, well done on the losses

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Wellyd wrote: »
    Made my mam a slimming world pasta carbonara today and it was free if you use the Parmesan as a healthy a. She really misses the creamy sauces the she loved so I made this.

250g 0% fat free Greek yogurt
    2 egg yolks
    30g Parmesan cheese
    1 tsp ground garlic
    3 rashers
    Pasta

That seems like a lot of yogurt! I make the SW carbonara about once a week and only use 2tbsp of fromage frais :eek:

• Advertisement

mejulie805 wrote: »
    That seems like a lot of yogurt! I make the SW carbonara about once a week and only use 2tbsp of fromage frais :eek:

Sorry should've been 150g of yogurt! She didn't complain about it so I never even thought it was a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Vahevala wrote: »
    Oh gosh...you are so tall Clappyhappy.. I am the opposite to you.. I am 5"2 and the weight is so obvious on me :( aiming for 10 stone but I think I will possibly aim for around 9 stone.

I am tall but I have a sister who is 6ft 2 and has such a slim frame and is a perfect size 10. Looks like I got the short straw at birth :(;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I weighed in this morning instead of tonight at 7.30pm and I lost 2 and half lb so delighted to be back losing and got rid of my small gain from last week!

I am now 1/2 lb away from my 3 and half stone award... so hopefully I get that next week!! I have now lost 5 stone 4 lbs overall! :D

I weighed in this morning instead of tonight at 7.30pm and I lost 2 and half lb so delighted to be back losing and got rid of my small gain from last week!

I am now 1/2 lb away from my 3 and half stone award... so hopefully I get that next week!! I have now lost 5 stone 4 lbs overall! :D

Good on ya girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 usernamey

got into my skinniest pre-pregnancy jeans today. . My stone off is starting to show... im wondering are you seeing good losses if your doing SP days?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭rhubarbcustard

usernamey wrote: »
    got into my skinniest pre-pregnancy jeans today. . My stone off is starting to show... im wondering are you seeing good losses if your doing SP days?
    I finally got my 1 stone award last night! Was down 3lbs on top of that too, hope to have Stone 2 gone by Easter. I have 7 more Stone to lose. For a boost, I'm doing a full week of SP from this morning, I'm hoping for a 4/5 lbs loss next Thurs if I stick to it.

usernamey wrote: »

I didn't get a big loss with SP. I lost 1.5 lbs so I gave up with it and went back to EE. It all depends on the person. When a few tried it in my group, some had big losses, some had smaller losses (like me) and a few even put on weight :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

Hi everybody,

Hope you don't mind me joining in. I'm doing Slimming World too since January 7th and I've lost 1 stone 4lbs so far. Finding it very hard to stay motivated this week though. Massive case of the munchies. :(

1lb up last night, my first week as a target member.:(:(:(
    That's my first gain, and I am absolutely devastated!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hbonbr

Wellyd wrote: »

150g 0% fat free Greek yogurt
    2 egg yolks
    30g Parmesan cheese
    1 tsp ground garlic
    3 rashers
    Pasta

Cook the pasta as normal
    Chop the rashers and cook in fry light
    Mix all the other ingredients together. (Keep a small bit of cheese to have on top)
    Drain the pasta and mix the 'sauce' and rashers through.
    The sauce will cook on the hot pasta.
    Sprinkle the leftover Parmesan on top.

I threw some chicken into this aswell just to add a bit more protein.

I hate carbonara but it smelled nice and my mam devoured it! So it must've been ok!
    How many helpings in that recipe?

hbonbr wrote: »
    How many helpings in that recipe?

About 2. The recipe said add 2 extra egg yolks per extra serving.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hbonbr

Two questions on ingredients:

1. What sweetener is best?
    2. I see Tesco have spray oils, EV Olive, Rapeseed etc., whose only ingredient listed is oil, as opposed to all the emulsifiers and xanthian gum in Fry Light. Surely the Tesco stuff is better?

hbonbr wrote: »
    Two questions on ingredients:

1. What sweetener is best?
    2. I see Tesco have spray oils, EV Olive, Rapeseed etc., whose only ingredient listed is oil, as opposed to all the emulsifiers and xanthian gum in Fry Light. Surely the Tesco stuff is better?

I like Tate and Lyle Light at Heart for baking - it's not free, as it's a blend of sugar and sweetener, but it doesn't leave as much of an aftertaste as the sweeteners I've tried (like Candarel and Splenda). In coffee, I like Splenda more than most but I usually either just syn a half teaspoon of sugar or I stick to just water! I avoid sweeteners as much as possible because I'm very sensitive to the taste of them (bitter and horrible after the initial sweetness) and I find they dehydrate me.

Any cooking oil with 1 calorie or less per spray is free... In Ireland that basically means Frylight or nothing. The calorie count of 100% oils will be much higher, but again you could syn them if you choose to avoid Frylight because of the emulsifiers etc.

This is free too.. Think it is available in Tesco:

11017587_416111498548748_327916445_n.jpg

This is free too.. Think it is available in Tesco:

11017587_416111498548748_327916445_n.jpg

Have you tried it Vahevala? I've never used coconut oil but would be interested

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »
    Have you tried it Vahevala? I've never used coconut oil but would be interested

I haven't yet but I am going to buy some this week! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'm not a fan of Fry Light - I find it just burns and wrecks my pan? I mainly use Filippo Berio Mild & Light spray - it's 1/2 a syn for 7 sprays. I'd normally cook for 3 of us in the house and possibly a double portion for leftovers for another day and even at that don't use 7 sprays (unless it's chips or roasties which I'd use fry light and the filippo one) so don't syn it. I'll be keeping an eye out for the coconut one though!

http://www.filippoberio.co.uk/products/product-range/olive-oil-sprays/mild-light-olive-oil-spray/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

My wife is desperately trying to track down quark.

I can tell you its not in the large Tesco in Naas, nor the small one either.

Haven't seen it in Aldi, nor Lidl.

Wondering if anyone has any heads up as to where or who is actually selling it.

My wife is desperately trying to track down quark.

I can tell you its not in the large Tesco in Naas, nor the small one either.

Haven't seen it in Aldi, nor Lidl.

Wondering if anyone has any heads up as to where or who is actually selling it.

Tesco just started stocking it the last week or so - it's in a purple tub beside the cottage cheese. Failing that Dunnes usually have it

Quark will be also sold in Iceland stores from Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Centra/Super Valu have it too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Quark will be also sold in Iceland stores from Monday.

Along with Frylight. Seems they're going all in on the SW market

Our local Dunnes always have Quark

Dodge wrote: »
    Along with Frylight. Seems they're going all in on the SW market

Our local Dunnes always have Quark

Absolutely, I can't wait for later in the year, SW will be releasing their own free food sauces in Iceland! :)

tk123 wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of Fry Light - I find it just burns and wrecks my pan?

Are you using it on a ceramic/non stick pan? If so, it will burn on it! If its for taste only, I would spray during cooking, but it's not necessary to coat if it's non stick

• Advertisement

Yeah a non-stick one.. that sticks sometimes lol!! :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement