Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I've lost a dolphin's brain, and have a bald eagle left til target :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I've lost the equivalent of a 100lb person on Mars?????????? (37lbs on earth)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

Only a house cat so far for me.

Been a terrible week and after staying the same last week, I was up 1lb this week.

Feeling horrible and I have an interview next week for the first time in years and I feel like they're just going to take one look at me and say "Nope!" because of my weight.
    Even the thoughts of having to go and buy myself "interview clothes" is killing me.

Sorry for the moan. Feeling stupidly sorry for myself today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Only a house cat so far for me.

Been a terrible week and after staying the same last week, I was up 1lb this week.

Feeling horrible and I have an interview next week for the first time in years and I feel like they're just going to take one look at me and say "Nope!" because of my weight.
    Even the thoughts of having to go and buy myself "interview clothes" is killing me.

Sorry for the moan. Feeling stupidly sorry for myself today.

I'm sorry you've had a tough week :(
    But you've lost the weight of a housecat?! Anyone who's had a cat fall asleep in their lap know's that's a considerable amount of weight to have lost, so don't downplay it!
    Wishing you the best of luck with your interview, and with the clothes shopping (which I know from experience can be just as daunting!) - if you can, bring someone you trust to help you find something you feel confident in, or try a personal shopper service (you can do this in Debenhams and I'm sure it's available in other places too).
    The more confident you feel, the better you will come across at interview, so focus on what you can bring to the job and you'll be able to convince them too :)
    Hope you're feeling better, the only way is up! X

dee_mc wrote: »
    I'm sorry you've had a tough week :(
    But you've lost the weight of a housecat?! Anyone who's had a cat fall asleep in their lap know's that's a considerable amount of weight to have lost, so don't downplay it!
    Wishing you the best of luck with your interview, and with the clothes shopping (which I know from experience can be just as daunting!) - if you can, bring someone you trust to help you find something you feel confident in, or try a personal shopper service (you can do this in Debenhams and I'm sure it's available in other places too).
    The more confident you feel, the better you will come across at interview, so focus on what you can bring to the job and you'll be able to convince them too :)
    Hope you're feeling better, the only way is up! X

Dee you should be either a motivational coach or agony aunt, your advice is perfect.

Best of luck with your interview pawneeranger xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

Hi all! I just joined last monday and have been following this thread religiously since then. So much to think about but it's nice to see a community going here too:) I'm sure in time I'll have lots of questions!

Audrey_L wrote: »
    Hi all! I just joined last monday and have been following this thread religiously since then. So much to think about but it's nice to see a community going here too:) I'm sure in time I'll have lots of questions!

Welcome!
    SW is a great plan, you'll enjoy it.
    I can't recommend measuring yourself enough - it can be a real boost on weeks when you might have smaller losses, maintains or gains, to be able to see a loss in terms of inches even if it doesn't always show on the scales.
    When I started I measured my neck, shoulders, my chest (under the arms and at the bra line), my tummy at the navel, thighs, ankles and wrists. Even in the first few weeks it was amazing to see the difference on the measuring tape :)
    Oh yeah and SW chips are the biz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

Welcome!
    SW is a great plan, you'll enjoy it.
    I can't recommend measuring yourself enough - it can be a real boost on weeks when you might have smaller losses, maintains or gains, to be able to see a loss in terms of inches even if it doesn't always show on the scales.
    When I started I measured my neck, shoulders, my chest (under the arms and at the bra line), my tummy at the navel, thighs, ankles and wrists. Even in the first few weeks it was amazing to see the difference on the measuring tape :)
    Oh yeah and SW chips are the biz :D

Thats a great idea! Be great motivation to keep going too, those numbers won't be happy ones I'm sure:eek:

SW chips are on my must try list! I've kinda been winging it and throwing things in a pot and hoping they taste good, thankfully all my free food meals have! A long journey to go but at least I've taken my first step now:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭rhubarbcustard

Hey all well done on all your continuing success. I got my 1 1/2 stone award today with a 4lb loss - was happy! 6 1/2 stone to go. Tried SP plan this week, stuck to it as best as I could but next time there would be things i'd do differently. I would use that extra healthy extra b for example as I didn't use it really.I'm going to do SP 1 week per month to mix it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Down 3.5lb last night, which was welcomed with excitedly open arms after my gain last week! I got my 2 stone award (would have been SOTW if it wasn't for last week's pesky gain!). I am now 2.5lb under the target that I have yet to change, so have a nice bit to play with for St Patricks Day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

I've lost a pug so far! Down 2lbs this week which I'm delighted with. Got my club 10 and 1 pound off my 1 and a half stone award! Yay! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hi everyone.

New to this thread but joined SW 4 weeks ago. Have lost 10.5lb so far :) looong way to go but thinking baby steps at first.

Question, what do you all have in slimmer of the week prizes? I joined one class which had a brilliant sotw of all free foods (tins tomatoes, beans, pasta, stock, fruit etc) and then I moved to another class (long story) and the sotw is just a bowl of fruit and it's the scabbiest looking bowl of fruit, like the pieces from your own fruit bowl that you wouldn't eat :(

Yeah sotw gets a pretty good haul most weeks at my group - everyone is supposed to bring in something free or speed for the basket every week but some weeks it's pretty slack to be honest!, but like you describe, I've been a visitor at a group where the sotw prize was some very scabby fruit, only fit for the bin...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Haha our sotw is fruit too - but not scabby stuff. Well what I put in anyway isn't scabby lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Our SOTW is mostly fruit. One bloke used to bring 4 bottles of water. Another woman always brings a tin of tomatoes. When they're in, it feels better.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I won SOTW once- got some gone off clementines, a box of hifi bars, peppercorns (?!) and a can of tomatos. A little depressing!! Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

I won SOTW once too along with four other people! We had to split this tiny basket of food! I nabbed some hifi bars and ran!

We have a raffle at ours too - sometimes good stuff sometimes... not lol!

Advise pls. How would you syn this thai takeaway (from camille)? I know it says 540 cals but everything is free in it except the sauce right?

King Prawn with Ginger and Thai Mushroom Stir Fry – Pad King – 540 calories*. With ginger and thai mushroom, asian greens, classic thai seasoning sauce, spring onions and steamed jasmine rice. €10.95

tk123 wrote: »
    Advise pls. How would you syn this thai takeaway (from camille)? I know it says 540 cals but everything is free in it except the sauce right?

King Prawn with Ginger and Thai Mushroom Stir Fry – Pad King – 540 calories*. With ginger and thai mushroom, asian greens, classic thai seasoning sauce, spring onions and steamed jasmine rice. €10.95

They probably have used a good bit of oil to cook the stir fry. Possibly prawns could be marinated in oil plus the sauce. Not sure how many syns in your dish but possibly quite high. :(

• Advertisement

The prawns aren't marinated or oily and the dish isn't oily either? If it was anyway oil/greasy I'd be killed with reflux and I never am after it! There's easily 1.5-2 cups of rice with it too which would be a good chunk of their 540 cals? I keep seeing in forums that a pad thai is 5 syns but this is way lighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Finally got my 3 and half stone award with Slimming World!! :D I lost 1lb on Thursday... I have lost 5 stone 5 lbs in total (including weight lost prior to SW) :D

Vahevala wrote: »
    Finally got my 3 and half stone award with Slimming World!! :D I lost 1lb on Thursday... I have lost 5 stone 5 lbs in total (including weight lost prior to SW) :D

Woohoo celebration time! Good on ya ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Oh and I have lost 75 lbs in total so same size as an emperor penguin... nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭lorr27

Hang glider for me - 56lbs :) Went back to work this week so haven't really been eating enough as I've college straight after work for two of the nights. I'm standing on the scales every day and didn't lose an ounce all week until this morning, I'm down a lb :) I sorted out holidays with my sw leader so I'll go to group on Tue morning and will be off for four weeks. She was so nice and helpful trying to sort out the best way to freeze my membership without it costing me a fortune and without losing my online access. I must buy a few recipe books, I'm starting to get bored of stew, lasagne, mushy pea curry and bolognese! I'm going out on the town tonight so am really thinking of forgetting about sw and having my vodka and redbull and enjoying it! I never get out and the diet redbull doesn't quite cut it for me. I won't be hitting abrakebabra or anything lol just the alcohol for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Hi all. New to sw this week. Have a stone and a half to lose. My husband made me toast in bed this morning but used white bread....didnt have the heart to tell him so ate it! Was going to use it as b choice? Would need to add some syns too?

Hi all. New to sw this week. Have a stone and a half to lose. My husband made me toast in bed this morning but used white bread....didnt have the heart to tell him so ate it! Was going to use it as b choice? Would need to add some syns too?

Hi and welcome!
    Unfortunately the white bread won't count as your B choice as it doesn't contain enough fibre - you're looking at 4.5 syns per medium slice from a large loaf :(
    Put it down to experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Hi and welcome!
    Unfortunately the white bread won't count as your B choice as it doesn't contain enough fibre - you're looking at 4.5 syns per medium slice from a large loaf :(
    Put it down to experience!

Omg!!! That is awful!! Thanks for letting me know!!!

Tried fish and chips earlier for the first time and it was a hit! €4.60 for piece of hake in Dunnes yesterday and did the 3 of us and really tasty.

• Advertisement

Just made SW brownies and ate one within about 3 minutes of taking them out of the oven - delish! Looking forward to one with a coffee tomorrow at work :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement