Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

dee_mc wrote: »
    Just made SW brownies and ate one within about 3 minutes of taking them out of the oven - delish! Looking forward to one with a coffee tomorrow at work :)

Recipe please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I posted the recipe in September or October, if you search boards.ie for slimming world brownies or have a look at my first posts in this thread you will find it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Omg!!! That is awful!! Thanks for letting me know!!!

The list of healthy a and b choices is fairly limited and you can't add your own. Most of them are in your book but they're all on the website/app

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

woohooooooo down 1.5 tonight - .5 for my 7lbs :D:D

tk123 wrote: »
    woohooooooo down 1.5 tonight - .5 for my 7lbs :D:D

I definitely we're in the same group :)

If you weighed in at 5.30 and had about 10 people at the meeting. Hello and well done

If not... Then just well done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Down another pound tonight. I had a really good week but once Saturday came around I completely went crazy.

I really need to stop the self sabotage. I'm doing this for a reason. I want to be healthy. I want to live a long life. I don't want to cause myself unnecessary health problems. I just need to take a step back and really let it sink in why I walked in those doors the first night.

Dodge wrote: »
    I definitely we're in the same group :)

If you weighed in at 5.30 and had about 10 people at the meeting. Hello and well done

If not... Then just well done :)

yeah it was 5:30!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

I am in total shock. After what felt like a crap week particularly after being up 1 last week and STS the week before I am somehow down a massive 8.5!

I stood on the scales 4 times to make sure it was right. I even made my other half check his weight to make sure the scales was right. He's positive it is.

So that's a total of 19.5lbs

I'm guessing there's been some major water retention the past few weeks...

I am in total shock. After what felt like a crap week particularly after being up 1 last week and STS the week before I am somehow down a massive 8.5!

I stood on the scales 4 times to make sure it was right. I even made my other half check his weight to make sure the scales was right. He's positive it is.

So that's a total of 19.5lbs

I'm guessing there's been some major water retention the past few weeks...

That's unreal, well done you!
    I have no idea what the scales will say for me tomorrow, my lunches haven't been great the past week (not enough veg) but hopefully will have a loss, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

Has anyone tried slimming world along with the couch to 5k app? I got my 2.5 stone award yesterday so hoping to start exercising tone up. Now still have 2.5 stone to lose and would like to keep losing but I'm afraid the exercise will hinder it :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

4 weeks in and 15lbs down! I was down 5lbs yesterday and got my 1 stone award, happy days!!! I love Slimming World!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Down 2 pounds today, absolutely delighted. Have been walking 4 miles every day, swimming lessons, and sticking to plan religiously. Eating extra to compensate for the increase in exercise.

I have now said goodbye to the 16 stone and gave entered the 15 stone bracket. Down a total of 2 stone 10 and a half pounds. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

martinak89 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried slimming world along with the couch to 5k app? I got my 2.5 stone award yesterday so hoping to start exercising tone up. Now still have 2.5 stone to lose and would like to keep losing but I'm afraid the exercise will hinder it :/

Why would it hinder it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

martinak89 wrote: »

If you are going to start exercising you have to increase the amount of food you eat to compensate. I went through a stage a few months ago of exercising more and eating the same and usually maintained or gained. Your body holds onto the food you eat.

Best of luck with the c25k and we'll done on your weight loss!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Solobally8 wrote: »
    Why would it hinder it?

Muscle weighs more than fat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Muscle weighs more than fat?

But once you have more muscle, you burn more calories even at rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I am so not a big loser each week.. I never go above 3 lbs! weigh in tomorrow eeeeeeek :eek:

Down 2 pounds, that'll do me!
    Last week or week before I got a 'greatest loser' runner up award (second greatest loser? I dunno!) and I know it's pathetic but I haven't been so delighted with a sticker since I was about 6 years old! It's the little things isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

Hello all. In slimming world too. Down 20 pounds in total. But really am stuck fluctuating up and down a few pounds no real move. Was down 2 and 1/2 today but really looking for tips to push down into the 10 stone bracket as im just over 11 stone. Any tips that will get me a good weight loss for next week. All tips appreciated 😊😊 well done on your losses

sadie1502 wrote: »
    Hello all. In slimming world too. Down 20 pounds in total. But really am stuck fluctuating up and down a few pounds no real move. Was down 2 and 1/2 today but really looking for tips to push down into the 10 stone bracket as im just over 11 stone. Any tips that will get me a good weight loss for next week. All tips appreciated 😊😊 well done on your losses

Maybe you just need to change things up a bit?
    Are you getting your one third speed foods at every meal?
    Are you drinking enough water?
    How are you syns-wise?
    I find the falafel (recipe on the SW website) brilliant, others swear by the speed soup, great as snacks or as part of a lunch.
    Edit: also well done on your loss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

Stayed the same today but I deserved it. Had a good few drinks over the past few days and I'm not a big drinker. Don't know what got into me! Glad I didn't gain though. Happy days!

Up 1/2 a pound. Absolutely raging, I follow the plan by the book and weight loss has been super slow. I have at least 9 stone to lose and I it took me 6 weeks to lose 10 pounds. I get 1/3 speed with every meal. Only problem I think is I don't drink enough water. Also, I have rheumatoid arthritis and I am wondering is the inflammation in my body or my medication hampering my weight loss. Before I got arthritis, I would lose 10 pounds in 3 weeks easily! :(

Monife wrote: »
    Up 1/2 a pound. Absolutely raging, I follow the plan by the book and weight loss has been super slow. I have at least 9 stone to lose and I it took me 6 weeks to lose 10 pounds. I get 1/3 speed with every meal. Only problem I think is I don't drink enough water. Also, I have rheumatoid arthritis and I am wondering is the inflammation in my body or my medication hampering my weight loss. Before I got arthritis, I would lose 10 pounds in 3 weeks easily! :(

It definitely sounds like you're retaining fluid. Drinking plenty of water and other liquids will usually help with that but obviously where meds are concerned things can be different.
    Maybe you could have a chat to your doctor about it, see if a change in medication would help?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭katie21

Hi,

I was looking for peoples opinions on people joining SW who only have a small amount of weight to lose.

I would say my target weight would be about 1 stone lighter than I am now.
    Possibly 1.5 stone.

I already eat quite cleanly (5 days per week anyway) and most of my meals are made up of meat and veg with fruit as snacks.

I am thinking of joining SW next week and just want to make sure it is a good decision for someone with not a large amount of weight to lose.

Would love to hear from someone similar who has had success with a small weight loss requirement.

another quesion is do people sometimes save up their syns from during the week to allow a night out or meal out at the weekend as I cant see myself using too many syns during the week with my taste palate (not a sweet eater or in to sauces) I eat very plain food generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

katie21 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was looking for peoples opinions on people joining SW who only have a small amount of weight to lose.

I would say my target weight would be about 1 stone lighter than I am now.
    Possibly 1.5 stone.

I already eat quite cleanly (5 days per week anyway) and most of my meals are made up of meat and veg with fruit as snacks.

I am thinking of joining SW next week and just want to make sure it is a good decision for someone with not a large amount of weight to lose.

Would love to hear from someone similar who has had success with a small weight loss requirement.

another quesion is do people sometimes save up their syns from during the week to allow a night out or meal out at the weekend as I cant see myself using too many syns during the week with my taste palate (not a sweet eater or in to sauces) I eat very plain food generally.

Hi Katie and welcome.

It doesnt matter or how little you have to lose really and once you stick to the plan, you will lose weight.

No, you cant save up your syns unfortunately as that goes against their motto really of binge eating, but they say if you are planning a big night out you could use flexible syns and just do that for the one night and not go too overboard.

Syns can be used for all diff things, not just sweet stuff. They can be used for extra bread or cereal, extra milk or cheese, butter, mayonaise and so on. These all carry a syn value so it wouldnt be just for sweet things if you get me?
    For me i like something with my cuppa tea so my syns are mainly used for treats for that. Whereas some people might like a cereal for breakfast and a sambo for lunch too so would use their syns that way.

Hope you understand?

Our leader says it's ok to save up the syns if that's what works for you and you don't feel deprived.

There's "flexi" syns but they're supposed to be for one offs if pre-planned. Part of the plan is to regularise your eating so if you're eating healthily 6 nights and splurging one night, it's not ideal. Up to each individual though

katie, half the women in my group (none of the men) are just looking to lose a stone/2 stone max and they're all doing well. I won't comment on what you're eating now but SW tries to give a decent balance so it's not just about eating plain food.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭katie21

Thank you for all the responses.

All makes sense to me.

People always comment on how plain my food is but I have always been like that - don't really like too many sauces (creamy/curry/butter) etc. and thats why most of my food is plain. Its not for weight loss purposes.
    I think this will help with keeping my syns low in SW as it seems like a lot of syns can be used on making sauces and butter etc.

Good to hear that half of the girls in your class are doing well with 1/2 stone to lose.

I look forward to joining now. I'm hoping that with SW and the amount of excercise I do (around 6 times a week) I should be able to shift the extra weight I feel I am carrying.

Going to keep my idea of a flat stomach for my holidays in June in my head to get me through it!! ;)

This tread is great so should be using this for help, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Katie, im quite similar to you. I dont eat butter, mayonaise, cream or creamy sauces. All of my dinners would be tomato type based ones.

Im not a great veg eater either but would make up for it on the fruit side.

SW is great as you can concentrate on the foods you do like and recipes you eat and enjoy. I def recommend joining and see how you go.

I have a friend that has joined too and has lost over 10lbs in 3 weeks, shes chuffed with herself!!

• Advertisement

katie21 wrote: »
    Thank you for all the responses.

All makes sense to me.

People always comment on how plain my food is but I have always been like that - don't really like too many sauces (creamy/curry/butter) etc. and thats why most of my food is plain. Its not for weight loss purposes.
    I think this will help with keeping my syns low in SW as it seems like a lot of syns can be used on making sauces and butter etc.

Good to hear that half of the girls in your class are doing well with 1/2 stone to lose.

I look forward to joining now. I'm hoping that with SW and the amount of excercise I do (around 6 times a week) I should be able to shift the extra weight I feel I am carrying.

Going to keep my idea of a flat stomach for my holidays in June in my head to get me through it!! ;)

This tread is great so should be using this for help, thanks.

You also have to syn things like avocado or nuts and seeds (if not part of your healthy B). The new member talk is great, you'll get the hang of it in no time and everyone in class is really supportive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement