Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I was a bit disappointed with my slow losses (2.5 lbs, 3lbs and 3.5lbs) when people were losing much more saying they had bad weeks, even when my leader cast her eye over my food diary she said it was one of the best food diarys she had seen.

However, a loss is a loss is a loss. And it's supposed to be long term, not a race to the finish line so that's what I try tell myself.

I would consider 2.5lb to 3.5lb a good loss considering after the first few weeks most practices (diets etc) say 1 to 2lb a week is healthy and normal.

I too have been disappointed although I have been losing 1/2 a pound and 1lb when I've been having perfect weeks and I have over 8 stone to lose.

I too just try to keep drumming it into me that this is a lifestyle change and I'll get to my target whenever I get to it, but either way I'll be eating the SW way for good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Monife wrote: »
    I would consider 2.5lb to 3.5lb a good loss considering after the first few weeks most practices (diets etc) say 1 to 2lb a week is healthy and normal.

I too have been disappointed although I have been losing 1/2 a pound and 1lb when I've been having perfect weeks and I have over 8 stone to lose.

I too just try to keep drumming it into me that this is a lifestyle change and I'll get to my target whenever I get to it, but either way I'll be eating the SW way for good :)

That's it. You aren't going to get there in a matter of weeks. The way i see it is that i am over weight most of my life and that is years, not weeks or months, so its going to take time to get it off.

Slow and steady wins the race and its much easier to maintain it that way and still enjoy your life at the same time and fit it around your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

Down 2lbs this week and finally got my stone and a half award which I've been skirting around for the past few weeks. :)

I was delighted with a 2lb loss and I would consider that a good (if not great!) loss for a week. 1lbs-2lbs losses a week are more sustainable and healthier for your body in the long run. Don't be disappointed. As long as the weight is going down on the scales, you're moving in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Ah I know, I was disheartened doing so well and people who admitted to not doing so well we're getting much higher losses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Ah I know, I was disheartened doing so well and people who admitted to not doing so well we're getting much higher losses

Ignore them, they are the people that will give up in the short term, where as if you keep tipping away a lb here a lb there, you ll stick to it, and probable enjoy it.

Ive had big weeks where ive lost 3lbs (and i do class that as big as they say 1-2lbs per week for a healthy loss) and ive also had weeks where ive lost 1lb, and yes that did get me down but as said above a loss is a loss.

The more i do SW the more i enjoy it, i have already planned in my head that when i get to my goal im going to have a wkend of yummy food hahaa, although when i think about it long enough im like hmm do i want it.

Thats when I know this is really working for me, as my mind set has changed.

Stick with it, you are doing amazing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

My average weekly loss over the 28 weeks I've followed the plan has been just over 1.5 pounds, which I'm happy with.
    Like others have mentioned, I've never had the dramatic losses some people experience - my highest loss was 4.5 in week one, and since then I've lost 3.5 twice and 3 pounds 5 times. I've only had 2 gains and 3 STS.
    Now I'm 1 stone 12 from my target (which I may have set too low) I'm delighted with losing half a pound or one pound a week - anything more is a bonus!
    Once I'm feeling better I'm thinking of trying a banana-free week... I only started eating them when I started this plan, but now I hear people saying they're the devil so I might cut my daily breakfast 'nana and see if it makes any difference...

dee_mc wrote: »
    My average weekly loss over the 28 weeks I've followed the plan has been just over 1.5 pounds, which I'm happy with.
    Like others have mentioned, I've never had the dramatic losses some people experience - my highest loss was 4.5 in week one, and since then I've lost 3.5 twice and 3 pounds 5 times. I've only had 2 gains and 3 STS.
    Now I'm 1 stone 12 from my target (which I may have set too low) I'm delighted with losing half a pound or one pound a week - anything more is a bonus!
    Once I'm feeling better I'm thinking of trying a banana-free week... I only started eating them when I started this plan, but now I hear people saying they're the devil so I might cut my daily breakfast 'nana and see if it makes any difference...

I wouldn't bother cutting them out. They're rich in potassium and a good source of fibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I wouldn't bother cutting them out. They're rich in potassium and a good source of fibre.

But also high in sugar! A 1/2 cup of tomato puree has 30% more potassium thank a standard banana so I wouldn't let that deter you :) I'm a bit anti-banana since I partly blame them for my 5-week-2lb-loss. Not speed not interested :pac: :pac: :pac:

Oh I know they're good, it's pure curiosity really - I heard a customer in the shop where I work telling her friend she lost 4 pounds in a week and the only change she made was to stop eating bananas, but with no background for all I know she was eating 20 of them per day ;)

Lol! She might have been! :)

Bananas are high in sugar but so are apples, pears etc. And no-one is going to eat a half cup of tomato puree to get their potassium intake for a day. As long as you have a balanced diet overall, a banana in the morning is not going to do a whole lot of harm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Jeff1985

I just did my first cross fit class today pre going on holidays !! I puked it was that hard but the feeling after getting through the class was amazing I cant recommend it enough . I am dreading how the muscles will be in the morning. I think I deserve a little treat after all that hard word what bars of chocolate do people recommend that aren't too naughty ....... cheers Jeff

Wow, well done Jeff! Sounds like it was tough! Curly wurlys are 6 syns and I think the Freddo bars are 5 syns.

All about the purple snacks, I should get shares in Cadburys I recommend them so much! Or just stick it and have a Mars bar for 11.5 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

My faves are purple snacks at 5 syns or a galaxy ripple at 8.5 syns of heaven!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Oh my god! How did I not know purple snacks were only 5 syns?!?! Literally the best news I've heard all day! I'm doing 3 sp days this week and I'm dying for a bit of indulgence! Just wondering would I be right in thinking that half an Easter egg would be less than 15 syns? I think a huge mug of tea and half an Easter egg would be pure bliss tonight!

Wellyd wrote: »
    Oh my god! How did I not know purple snacks were only 5 syns?!?! Literally the best news I've heard all day! I'm doing 3 sp days this week and I'm dying for a bit of indulgence! Just wondering would I be right in thinking that half an Easter egg would be less than 15 syns? I think a huge mug of tea and half an Easter egg would be pure bliss tonight!

Depends on the size of the egg, we were told that a thorntons egg which is prob slightly larger than the average was a 100 sins !?!!....

Lol oh they are my saviour!!! I have one every day!
    Yeah, well a 100g Easter egg is 26 syns.

It's all about the purple snacks! I have them hidden all over the kitchen so the OH doesn't eat them on me.. more precious than hifi bars :D

I got a 100g egg (it came with one Mars bar) and counted it as 13.5 syns for a half egg based on the info on the box!

mejulie805 wrote: »
    It's all about the purple snacks! I have them hidden all over the kitchen so the OH doesn't eat them on me.. more precious than hifi bars :D

I got a 100g egg (it came with one Mars bar) and counted it as 13.5 syns for a half egg based on the info on the box!

Lol I stocked up a few weeks back when they were reduced in Dunnes!

Oh that works out at more or less the same as what we were told in group for the Easter eggs. I somehow managed to avoid the chocolate this Easter (except for a load of mini eggs one night) (oh and some cream cake for my Mom's birthday which was also on Easter Sunday) and I was down 2lbs this week!!

It's just a regular egg that came with a bag of mini eggs and it was in a mug so I'm assuming it's a 100g medium egg! So I'll say 13.5 syns and really enjoy it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

whats everybodys losses like ?

whats everybodys losses like ?

28 weeks, 3 stone 4 lost, 1 stone 12 to target

13 weeks, 1 and a half stone lost, 2 stone and a half stone to target

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

wowsers great going

was in 2 diff groups in space of 3 weeks and told i had 25 syns and then 20 syns , how do they work it out ?

i was the same weight

27 weeks 3 stone 5lbs. A little less than 4 stone to go to target. But I think I may have set it too low according to a few people so I need to re-assess with my consultant! Maybe change it by half a stone.

14 weeks and have lost 2 stone 8lbs, fingers crossed it keeps dropping

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

34 weeks 2 stone 10 and a half pounds. 1 stone 13 and a half to target. Think I have set my target too low, might just aim for 14 and a half stone. I am over 6 foot and very big boned!!! Thanks dad ;)

7 weeks in and down 1 stone and 3 pounds. I would love to lose another 4 stone or so!

Up 1.5lb last night.. half expected but I tried to claw it back so vigourously I thought it wouldn't be so bad :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Well i weighed in last night and was up a little half. To be honest, it hovered over maintain or up half for a few seconds and decided to stay on up a half lol. So im not overly concerned really.

Hopefully ill be down next week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement