Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jeff1985

Am down 16 pounds delighted ! Cant move due to cross fit but delighted none the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

This is my 3rd week, my 3rd weigh in is tomorrow evening. I have a scales at home that is spot on with my slimming world consultants one. My problem is:

I have been running 3 to 7 kms per night, have eaten perfectly clean with my speed foods well in proportion to lean meats etc. and have kept rigidly in with my Healthy Extras and have 40 syns for the week. (25 x 7 days= 175 syn allowance from weigh in to weigh in)

I am only showing a 2lb loss after a good week of workouts and very little deviation from eating clean and healthy?

Bit confussst

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

ghogie91 wrote: »
    This is my 3rd week, my 3rd weigh in is tomorrow evening. I have a scales at home that is spot on with my slimming world consultants one. My problem is:

I have been running 3 to 7 kms per night, have eaten perfectly clean with my speed foods well in proportion to lean meats etc. and have kept rigidly in with my Healthy Extras and have 40 syns for the week. (25 x 7 days= 175 syn allowance from weigh in to weigh in)

I am only showing a 2lb loss after a good week of workouts and very little deviation from eating clean and healthy?

Bit confussst

To be honest, even when i do a good bit in the gym, it doesnt make much of a difference on the scales. But a 2lb loss is very good?

Are you looking for much more than 2lbs a week? Have you still much to lose?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

andreac wrote: »
    To be honest, even when i do a good bit in the gym, it doesnt make much of a difference on the scales. But a 2lb loss is very good?

Are you looking for much more than 2lbs a week? Have you still much to lose?

I am probably being greedy but I was looking for at least 3.5 a week!

I have something like 25lbs to go to target :)

I am working hard, I have hit PBs for 3 (11m30),5 (25m) and 10ks (52m) in the last week and a half and it doesnt seem to be making a difference towards weight loss

ghogie91 wrote: »
    I am probably being greedy but I was looking for at least 3.5 a week!

I have something like 25lbs to go to target :)

I am working hard, I have hit PBs for 3 (11m30),5 (25m) and 10ks (52m) in the last week and a half and it doesnt seem to be making a difference towards weight loss

You will probably find that with the exercise you will lose inches too, more so than weight, but if you are steadily losing 2lbs a week that is amazing. Bodies are strange and you might not get a big loss every week.

So i would just continue with how you are going and if you are getting a loss every week sure that's brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

andreac wrote: »
    Bodies are strange

I don't think you can overstate this tbh. Some days you'll feel fuller than others despite having the exact same regime. Some days you'll retain more water than others. I think that's why people who weight themselves each day fall down as they start to obsess over natural "flows" of weight.

From week to week, anything could happen to have you up/down on the day. Just focus on the overall goal and keep doing the right things and you'll get the right results in the end

Dodge wrote: »
    I don't think you can overstate this tbh. Some days you'll feel fuller than others despite having the exact same regime. Some days you'll retain more water than others. I think that's why people who weight themselves each day fall down as they start to obsess over natural "flows" of weight.

From week to week, anything could happen to have you up/down on the day. Just focus on the overall goal and keep doing the right things and you'll get the right results in the end

Deffo. Im looking at my loss now, in over all way, in the month as opposed to weeks, as there is usually a week here and there that i might maintain or be up slightly, for no reason whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

5.5 down this week but was 1.5 up last week so 4lbs down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Boo stayed the same. I blame my friend for bringing me home loads of choc from holidays lol! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Hey ladies, mind if I join you all? I just started last Wednesday, I used to follow WW and done good on it but when I went back the last time I just couldn't follow it anymore because i was bored of it all... So decided to give SW a try... I'm very sceptical though, can I REALLY eat this much food and still lose weight? On WW I was often left starving with no more points to use, iv not gone hungry once this week and feel like I'm eating way more than I should be... Does it really work??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

deni86 wrote: »
    Hey ladies, mind if I join you all? I just started last Wednesday, I used to follow WW and done good on it but when I went back the last time I just couldn't follow it anymore because i was bored of it all... So decided to give SW a try... I'm very sceptical though, can I REALLY eat this much food and still lose weight? On WW I was often left starving with no more points to use, iv not gone hungry once this week and feel like I'm eating way more than I should be... Does it really work??

Welcome deni86!
    It really, really works :)
    You really, really can eat til you're full :)
    Being hungry makes you fat.
    Enjoy Slimming World, I'm enjoying my food now more than I ever did before ;)
    Any questions just ask, we're a nice oul bunch (maybe because we're not hangry!)

dee_mc wrote: »
    Welcome deni86!
    It really, really works :)
    You really, really can eat til you're full :)
    Being hungry makes you fat.
    Enjoy Slimming World, I'm enjoying my food now more than I ever did before ;)
    Any questions just ask, we're a nice oul bunch (maybe because we're not hangry!)

Thanks dee :D I'm sure I will be bombarding you all with questions soon enough lol, I'm liking this not being hungry thing alot! Will be interesting to see how my first weigh in goes.. I'm looking forward to following everyone's progress too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Up 1.5lbs. I'm actually not happy at all. I had a good week overall Obviously that enormous takeaway did damage last week.

Just wondering if any of you regularly save your syns for the weekend? I dont have a sweet tooth so chocolate and sweets dont bother me at all so the past week iv been eating something during the day just for the sake of using a few syns even though I dont need to use them... The weekend though is a different story, I always enjoy a bottle of wine (or two) on a Saturday night and then a Chinese the next day, iv figured out a low syn Chinese that I like that would fit within the 15 a day anyway... So just really wondering is it ok to save for the wine really?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Just wondering if any of you regularly save your syns for the weekend? I dont have a sweet tooth so chocolate and sweets dont bother me at all so the past week iv been eating something during the day just for the sake of using a few syns even though I dont need to use them... The weekend though is a different story, I always enjoy a bottle of wine (or two) on a Saturday night and then a Chinese the next day, iv figured out a low syn Chinese that I like that would fit within the 15 a day anyway... So just really wondering is it ok to save for the wine really?

Hi and welcome. It's not recommended to save your syns. they advise to use your 15 syns each day to help you lose weight. I am like you, not into sweet things and can find it hard to use my allowance each day, then comes the weekend and I enjoy a few drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

it works for some and not for others

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Yeah, try and it see if it works. If it doesn't just change back to daily syns.

I've said it before but I use my syns for sauces, dressings, bread etc rather than sweets or crisps.

(Not always ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭katie21

Lost 2 pounds tonight so at least I have lost the 1.5 from last week and a little more. Pushing on now for the summer! Good luck to everyone else getting weighed tonight!

I'm goin to have an interesting first weigh in tomorrow, not only have I period bloat but I was also started on antibiotics today as well which always messed with my weigh ins on WW... And I really wanted a good first weigh in :(

I'm very bold, missing another weigh in this week because of work shifts being changed at the last minute!
    But I'm still on track and my cold is much better today, just made fillet steak, potato wedges, roasted carrots and parsnips for dinner (and could actually taste it all! oh joy!!)
    Weighed myself last night and definitely down a few pounds, happy days :)

• Advertisement

I'm goin to have an interesting first weigh in tomorrow, not only have I period bloat but I was also started on antibiotics today as well which always messed with my weigh ins on WW... And I really wanted a good first weigh in :(

Try not to be disheartened if you don't have a big loss tomorrow, under the circumstances you can look forward to a decent loss the following week ;)
    Fat free natural yogurt is great to stop bloating when you're on antibiotics (and for the week after), keep your gut flora happy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Had my weekly weight in tonight and im down 2.5 It was floating between 2 and 2.5 but landed on 2.5 so i was delighted.

3lbs now away from 3 stone, just cant believe it !! - Really cant speak highly enough about SW. Although my tummy is now stuffed after eating toast and beans so i prob put some back on again hahaha.

Hope your all happy with your results this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

I have tried many diets over the years, and the one thing I have learned from SW, is the classic "its what you eat" as oppose to the volume you eat.

With Slimming world you shouldnt be hungry as you are either drinking loads of water (which is a hunger trigger aswell) or you have had a nice dinner packed full of vegtables, or pasta or whatever you desire.

Its all truly about cutting out the bad stuff, or if you want it you syn it, thats one thing I love about SW is that you are not deprived of anything and thats how it should be - it strikes me as a HEALTHY diet.

All i suggest is, give it time, it truly truly works, and enjoy it, everything is always easier if you enjoy it

Are Quorn sausages free? Do any of you know where I can get some?

Are Quorn sausages free? Do any of you know where I can get some?

Not all are free. If you check them on the app or on SW online it will tell you the syn value of whatever one you need.

Tesco sell Quorn afaik and so does Super Valu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Where can I find quark

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

Tesco have their own brand quark, I have definitely seen it in Dunnes too. People in the group last night were syaing you can get it in Aldi.

Where can I find quark

Super Valu stocks it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

down 1.5lbs didnt go this last 2 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Down a half a pound today - was hoping for more. I know I will have a better loss next week.
    Great to hear how other people are doing here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement