Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

Down 1.5lbs this week! Had a teacake to celebrate!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Omg down 6lb at my first weigh in! I'm delighted!! You really CAN eat this much food lose weight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

deni86 wrote: »
    Omg down 6lb at my first weigh in! I'm delighted!! You really CAN eat this much food lose weight!!!

Told ya so :D
    Good on you, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

deni86 wrote: »

Well done delighted for you, onwards and downwards :D:D

Third week in a row down 1 and a half pounds, delighted!!! Only 2 more pounds to my 3 stone loss, so so happy!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Well guys have finally hit my target with slimming world., which means I have lost all my baby weight too. But oh my god does ur body change after pregnancy :( gonna have to try for another stone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

ja1986 wrote: »
    Well guys have finally hit my target with slimming world., which means I have lost all my baby weight too. But oh my god does ur body change after pregnancy :( gonna have to try for another stone

Well done, that's a great achievement. Don't be too hard on yourself as im sure it wasn't easy with a baby too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

yeah yeah blame the baby :)

congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Well done you! Do you mind me asking how much have you lost?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

First weigh in today, 5.5 pounds lost! I had a major bad day during the week where I went way over my syns, but I saved them the rest of the week. Can't believe I had a loss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

First weigh in today, 5.5 pounds lost! I had a major bad day during the week where I went way over my syns, but I saved them the rest of the week. Can't believe I had a loss!

Well done !!! Certainly at the beginning you will always have the odd day that's crap but don't worry about it, enjoy it and be good after. 5lbs is a fab loss !!! You must be delighted

im struggling to be honest , yo yo all the time , need to get my sh1te together

im struggling to be honest , yo yo all the time , need to get my sh1te together

What do you think is holding you back?

dee_mc wrote: »
    What do you think is holding you back?

****ty prep , and when i do prep i don't want that particular meal , i've changed my mind etc

still fooling myself by having a domino's etc

****ty prep , and when i do prep i don't want that particular meal , i've changed my mind etc

still fooling myself by having a domino's etc

Ah the prep thing is crucial isn't it! I've got into the habit of a weekly shop directly after weigh-in (when the motivation levels are nice and high!) and I make big batches of falafel and tomato pasta sauce etc but I get bored easily so like yourself, I wouldn't find the planned meal appetising every time!
    Would the Iceland ready meals be an option for you? They could be a good back up.
    I miss pizza, haven't given in to the temptation yet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My favourite food in the whole entire world was Chinese chicken curry. Oh man. anyway, about two weeks ago we got a take out and I thought this is grand - first Chinese in months, gonna plow into it.

It was rank. It was awful. The vilest taste ever. And it was from the same Chinese as we always got it from. My oh thought his was the same as always but I was completely turned off.

I am sure that's a positive thing but I was raging

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

My favourite food in the whole entire world was Chinese chicken curry. Oh man. anyway, about two weeks ago we got a take out and I thought this is grand - first Chinese in months, gonna plow into it.

It was rank. It was awful. The vilest taste ever. And it was from the same Chinese as we always got it from. My oh thought his was the same as always but I was completely turned off.

Your taste buds have probable changed since you changed what you eat.

You should try the SW Chicken curry its v nice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Theres a SW book called Fakeaways and does all different type of take away type dishes, some are fab. Its worth getting and having a look at the recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

It has been a while since I last posted and I can't remember if I updated last week's results... :o

Last week, I lost 4 lbs which was a total shock to me as I never lose more than 3 lbs, I also got my 4 stone award!

I then went away and drank copious amounts of beer, ate things I shouldn't have had and weighed in last night and only put on 1lb, which I was delighted with! :D That was only my 2nd gain in 7 months!

I now stand 2 lbs away from having lost 6 stone in total so on the whole, I am more determined than ever now!

Vahevala wrote: »
    It has been a while since I last posted and I can't remember if I updated last week's results... :o

Last week, I lost 4 lbs which was a total shock to me as I never lose more than 3 lbs, I also got my 4 stone award!

I then went away and drank copious amounts of beer, ate things I shouldn't have had and weighed in last night and only put on 1lb, which I was delighted with! :D That was only my 2nd gain in 7 months!

I now stand 2 lbs away from having lost 6 stone in total so on the whole, I am more determined than ever now!

Wow that is fantastic! well done! you must be so proud of yourself!! how long did it take you if you don't mind me asking ?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Wow that is fantastic! well done! you must be so proud of yourself!! how long did it take you if you don't mind me asking ?:)

Thank you, It is probably around 10 months or so, maybe slightly more, I was calorie counting before that. I have lost 4 stone with SW in 7 months.

I don't lose huge amounts each week so I am happy with how it is going. :)

Vahevala wrote: »
    Thank you, It is probably around 10 months or so, maybe slightly more, I was calorie counting before that. I have lost 4 stone with SW in 7 months.

I don't lose huge amounts each week so I am happy with how it is going. :)

Well fair play, that is brilliant, a nice steady loss! I love hearing stories like yours, it really makes me stick to plan:)

I've just mixed some garlic and parsley into some quark, and put it in a pan for a minute to let the garlic breath, as I love creamy garlic cheeses but they're full of syns..... will this be syn free too ?? I want to put it in some pasta with mushrooms ( Tesco are a godsend with they're bags of frozen precut mushrooms:D )

Well fair play, that is brilliant, a nice steady loss! I love hearing stories like yours, it really makes me stick to plan:)

I've just mixed some garlic and parsley into some quark, and put it in a pan for a minute to let the garlic breath, as I love creamy garlic cheeses but they're full of syns..... will this be syn free too ?? I want to put it in some pasta with mushrooms ( Tesco are a godsend with they're bags of frozen precut mushrooms:D )

Yes that will be syn free, great idea I must make this for my mum some time (she's doing SW too and she loves creamy sauces!)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jeff1985

Hey all ,
    Hope you are enjoying the sunshine ! I am down another 3 pounds this week so delighted. I was just wondering if you have children did they have problems with food and weight before you yourselves started SW ? My kids have been annoying me about change in food. Have you seen dramatic improvements in there behavior since the change in diet?
    Jeff

Jeff1985 wrote: »
    Hey all ,
    Hope you are enjoying the sunshine ! I am down another 3 pounds this week so delighted. I was just wondering if you have children did they have problems with food and weight before you yourselves started SW ? My kids have been annoying me about change in food. Have you seen dramatic improvements in there behavior since the change in diet?
    Jeff

I have 3, ages 10, 7 and 5. I would have always cooked from scratch, only Friday night they would have had chips. They are so interested in my food, whatever I cook they are asking how many syns, which is healthier etc. Not a hope they would eat salad or stir frys etc. I did buy an air frier frier, threw out the old deep fat frier, kids love the chips from that and they get them more often now, the sw version.

I have found them to be really into it, I get them involved in the cooking of dinner, unfortunately as said my kids aren't the kind that eat everything but what they do eat is good. I think they are conscious but not overly of healthy eating which is a good thing.

I have 3, ages 10, 7 and 5. I would have always cooked from scratch, only Friday night they would have had chips. They are so interested in my food, whatever I cook they are asking how many syns, which is healthier etc. Not a hope they would eat salad or stir frys etc. I did buy an air frier frier, threw out the old deep fat frier, kids love the chips from that and they get them more often now, the sw version.

I have found them to be really into it, I get them involved in the cooking of dinner, unfortunately as said my kids aren't the kind that eat everything but what they do eat is good. I think they are conscious but not overly of healthy eating which is a good thing.

Exact same here! not my kids but younger siblings, they've become so interested, and when they pick up something to eat they get very curious about how many syns etc, they also love the recipes...

Ugh I had a few vodkas last night and will be having a few tonight as I have not met up with my friends for a long time, no syns for me for the next week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jeff1985

I hate writing this but I just want to share my guilt instead of hiding it . I hit a brick wall in the diet sense last night. I had a really crap day and there was no food in the house had a crap day in work and went shopping on an empty stomach . Big mistake ended up eating a load of junk and a take away. Feel like I am back at square one again how do you come back from here. Having the drink , chinese and chocolate sweats here . Jeff

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Jeff1985 wrote: »
    I hate writing this but I just want to share my guilt instead of hiding it . I hit a brick wall in the diet sense last night. I had a really crap day and there was no food in the house had a crap day in work and went shopping on an empty stomach . Big mistake ended up eating a load of junk and a take away. Feel like I am back at square one again how do you come back from here. Having the drink , chinese and chocolate sweats here . Jeff

Don't beat yourself up - just draw a line under it and start again today. Also maybe look at what you're eating and see if you can introduce some regular treats etc so you don't get fed up/ feel deprived again? I still have a takeaway every week but go for a healthy option that fits in with my syns

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

I haven't posted here in ages, have been very up and down the last couple of months. Will power has been flagging, a holiday,nights out, general gluttony etc. I got to within 3 lbs of my 4 stone target and now I'm 8 1/2 lbs away!
    I'm so annoyed with myself, but you are all very inspiring as usual and I'm properly back on plan this week and feeling (cautiously) hopeful of a decent loss in Tuesday.
    I'm thinking about trying scan bran next week, has any one tried it? Did you get good results? And also, how much is it in group? I just looked it up in Holland & Barrett and its 2.15 with buy 1 get 1 1/2 price so it could be cheaper there? Thanks all, sorry for long post!

• Advertisement

PennyWren wrote: »
    I haven't posted here in ages, have been very up and down the last couple of months. Will power has been flagging, a holiday,nights out, general gluttony etc. I got to within 3 lbs of my 4 stone target and now I'm 8 1/2 lbs away!
    I'm so annoyed with myself, but you are all very inspiring as usual and I'm properly back on plan this week and feeling (cautiously) hopeful of a decent loss in Tuesday.
    I'm thinking about trying scan bran next week, has any one tried it? Did you get good results? And also, how much is it in group? I just looked it up in Holland & Barrett and its 2.15 with buy 1 get 1 1/2 price so it could be cheaper there? Thanks all, sorry for long post!

Welcome back PennyWren!
    I quite like the Scan Bran, it's quite a coarse crispbread with a similar texture and flavour to All Bran cereal i.e. pretty bland but not unpleasant! It's nice with Quark and smoked salmon. I like to munch on a couple of them with salad too, adds a bit of texture. It's quite filling too - definitely more satisfying than other crispbreads like Ryvita.
    Haven't bought any in a while so can't remember the price but I seem to recall noticing it would be cheaper with the BOGO offer in H&B.
    I prefer the oat Scan Bran (in the red pack) to the wheat one (in the blue pack), it's not quite as coarse and I found it easier to digest if that makes any sense at all :rolleyes:
    Good on ya for getting back on track. I've been pretty good lately but just ate toast in a moment of weakness... ah well, I'm going to draw a line under it and not beat myself up over it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement