Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Thanks Dee!
    I'll pick some up in h&b tomorrow and hopefully they will work their magic!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Jeff1985 wrote: »
    I hate writing this but I just want to share my guilt instead of hiding it . I hit a brick wall in the diet sense last night. I had a really crap day and there was no food in the house had a crap day in work and went shopping on an empty stomach . Big mistake ended up eating a load of junk and a take away. Feel like I am back at square one again how do you come back from here. Having the drink , chinese and chocolate sweats here . Jeff

Please don't take this the wrong way but you need to calm down. It's only food. There's no secret to losing weight. You can eat as much chocolate as you like and drink as much as you like. If that's what make you happy then fire away.

If it doesn't, then don't do it.

Don't worry about whats been done. Just eat the right things most of the time and you'll be OK. You can have all the support in the world with family, SW and even online but there's only one person in charge of what you eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

dee_mc wrote: »
    Welcome back PennyWren!
    I quite like the Scan Bran, it's quite a coarse crispbread with a similar texture and flavour to All Bran cereal i.e. pretty bland but not unpleasant! It's nice with Quark and smoked salmon. I like to munch on a couple of them with salad too, adds a bit of texture. It's quite filling too - definitely more satisfying than other crispbreads like Ryvita.
    Haven't bought any in a while so can't remember the price but I seem to recall noticing it would be cheaper with the BOGO offer in H&B.
    I prefer the oat Scan Bran (in the red pack) to the wheat one (in the blue pack), it's not quite as coarse and I found it easier to digest if that makes any sense at all :rolleyes:
    Good on ya for getting back on track. I've been pretty good lately but just ate toast in a moment of weakness... ah well, I'm going to draw a line under it and not beat myself up over it!

Remind me again, is the SCAN Bran lower sins or about the same as ryvita ?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Heyes wrote: »
    Remind me again, is the SCAN Bran lower sins or about the same as ryvita ?

It's one syn per slice , or 5 as hex b. Just picked some up as I'm very bloated for some reason. Also doing the detox water this week. Scan bread is 2.15 in Holland and Barrett.

Hi guys I haven't posted in ages ! I am very bloated the last two weeks, without giving TMI, everything is ok bathroom wise no problems there. I'm just wondering what's going on. My stomach is bloated and cramps sometimes. So today I'm going to do the detox water for the week and also have some scan bread to see if the bloating goes. Does this happen to anyone else? The scales are actually going up for no reason ( I haven't been cheating! And it's not star week )

• Advertisement

ja1986 wrote: »
    It's one syn per slice , or 5 as hex b. Just picked some up as I'm very bloated for some reason. Also doing the detox water this week. Scan bread is 2.15 in Holland and Barrett.

Thanks a mill, do you know if any of it is speed food ? I know 2 Ryvita are considered as Speed food

Thanks a mill, do you know if any of it is speed food ? I know 2 Ryvita are considered as Speed food

I don't think so unfortunately, there's no little s symbol next to it on the book the way there is next to the ryvitas. But oh my god, I couldnt eat the 5 for a hex b. Just ate 3 and it was a struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ryvitas arent considered speed foods, they are a Healthy Extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Missing group tonight and I'm raging! I've had a great week filling in a food diary so I'm disappointed to miss out! I've had my stomach pains back again a few days last week so I'm hoping that doing a few food diaries in a row will help me figure out my trigger. So far it's pointing to tomato based sauces and I'm really worried as that's the thing I eat a couple of times a week! I know I should try avoid them but I just had a pure longing for speedy bolognese this evening and I had to have it! I actually couldn't have gotten a takeaway in the amount of time it took me to make it and it's so yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Hi I've been reading through this board since I started SW in Jan,I'm 1 and a half pond away from 2 stone (another 7 to go). It has been a great help to me just getting a bit of motivation when I need it most, anyway just read about detox water, what is it? I've been pretty bloated of late too and have a wedding in a few weeks so want to actually look like I've lost the 2 stone! Anybody able to tell me what Detox water is and will it help my bloating??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

>_< Put on a pound!! No reason I could think off and think the leader was a bit disappointed 1) because I didn't have a reason and 2) because I wasn't really bothered lol!! My mum's birthday tomorrow so yes please I'll have some takeaway and cake then I'll be on hols in 2 weeks so I'm kind of expecting a gain anyways in the next few weeks? As I've said before I'm in this for the long run because of a thyroid problem (the problem being I had half of it removed lol) so yes I will have a treat for birthdays or holidays or else I'll end up getting fed up and quit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just 1lb down. 12lbs total. Raging

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Just 1lb down. 12lbs total. Raging

A pound off is a pound off, even if you only lost that amount each week between now and Christmas you'd be down 2 and a half stone... Be happy and keep plugging away!

dee_mc wrote: »
    A pound off is a pound off, even if you only lost that amount each week between now and Christmas you'd be down 2 and a half stone... Be happy and keep plugging away!

I agree. I'd give anything to have a lb off each week. Struggling at the moment.

andreac wrote: »
    Ryvitas arent considered speed foods, they are a Healthy Extra.

If sining them 2 Ryvita Rye are classed as an S where as 4 isnt

Ryvita are never a speed food, you can have extra if you are doing an SP day. Maybe you are getting confused by that?

But they are never classed as a speed food. I think you are getting mixed up. Speed foods are only fruit and veg, not things like Ryvita.

Plus if you are synning them, then they are just that, Syns, not speed foods.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Dreading weigh in tonight :( Was on holidays last week and of course that continued right up until and including today. Own scales showing a gain of 4 or 5 pounds which is devastating seeing as it took me 8 weeks to lose 12 pounds.

I wasn't even as bad as I normally am when I am off plan, like I was bad but don't deserve a 5 pound gain, I was thinking more a pound or 2 especially if you go by the "eat 3,500 extra calories per week rule to gain a pound". :(

Monife wrote: »
    Dreading weigh in tonight :( Was on holidays last week and of course that continued right up until and including today. Own scales showing a gain of 4 or 5 pounds which is devastating seeing as it took me 8 weeks to lose 12 pounds.

I wasn't even as bad as I normally am when I am off plan, like I was bad but don't deserve a 5 pound gain, I was thinking more a pound or 2 especially if you go by the "eat 3,500 extra calories per week rule to gain a pound". :(

Try not to worry too much. I put up 5 and half when i went to New York for a few days, but i lost 4 & half the following week then. What i would do is get stuck right back in asap. Load up on your speed foods and just be really good for the week. A lot of the time its just fluid so try not worry too much.

andreac wrote: »
    Ryvita are never a speed food, you can have extra if you are doing an SP day. Maybe you are getting confused by that?

But they are never classed as a speed food. I think you are getting mixed up. Speed foods are only fruit and veg, not things like Ryvita.

This is the book's fault!

Look at page 30/31 in the list of HEBs

2 Ryvita has the "S" symbol beside it
    4 Ryvita doesn't but is listed as a HEB too.

I've wondered about this but as I don't eat it I haven't asked in group

(Same applies to 1 v 2 alpen lights)

I can't see how they could possibly be listed as speed food but then have a limit. It's not like 2 apples is speed but 3 is not.

• Advertisement

Dodge wrote: »
    This is the book's fault!

Look at page 30/31 in the list of HEBs

2 Ryvita has the "S" symbol beside it
    4 Ryvita doesn't but is listed as a HEB too.

I've wondered about this but as I don't eat it I haven't asked in group

(Same applies to 1 v 2 alpen lights)

I can't see how they could possibly be listed as speed food but then have a limit. It's not like 2 apples is speed but 3 is not.

Yeah that's to do with the SP day as far as i know. It is a bit confusing alright. Best to clarify it with your leader.
    If you are doing an SP day you can have extra Healthy Extras.

Ok, i stand corrected on the Ryvita thing. They can be classed as a Speed food if using the lesser amount, but ONLY on an SP day.

Does anyone know when I use the syn calculator, do I put in the full amounts of fat or use the of which saturates, same with carbs. ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Home from a weekend visiting my sister in Scotland. Beer, pizza, chocolate, crisps, everything. I am so annoyed with myself now (despite really enjoying it at the time!).
    Not sure if I can undo some of the damage before Thursday evening- hitting the fruit and veg hard with copious water, no carbs and no syns.... finger crossed :O

ja1986 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when I use the syn calculator, do I put in the full amounts of fat or use the of which saturates, same with carbs. ? Thanks

full amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I must try out a new SW class in Dublin this week, has anyone been to the class in Sandyford or the one off O'Connell street? Would like to get a friendly group as I feel I don't fit in at the one I am in.

Had a bit of a flexi day yesterday, hope it doesn't mean I have ruined things :o

Hey Vahevala, glad to hear you're thinking of joining a new group- you might find some extra support and motivation :)
    I've never been to the one in O'Connell St but I have been to Ringsend twice, and was really impressed with the group there! Pauline is the leader and she runs it very well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Hey Vahevala, glad to hear you're thinking of joining a new group- you might find some extra support and motivation :)
    I've never been to the one in O'Connell St but I have been to Ringsend twice, and was really impressed with the group there! Pauline is the leader and she runs it very well :)

That's great, I would love to find a friendly group.. I know my current group is so close but not the right one. :( Ringsend isn't close for me unfortunately. The only irritant about the O'Connell St one, the scales isn't level and is very wobbly... :o

I just want to assess all my options..

I would say go to each that suit until you find a group you like! I would think your current group is a minority which is unfortunate for you now, but could make it easier to find a replacement you are happy with!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Is the one off O'Connell street Cathal Brugha (sp?) Street? If so that's out leader too ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement