Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Hi to everyone here. Hope your all having a good week. I have to weight in tomorrow. Last week I was just a 1 lb off my 2 stone award.
    I joined the gym and have had a good week so I hope to have 2 stone plus gone tomorrow.
    This week I started to fit on clothes I already own and got a nice feeling when they are fitting me properly. I found 2 pairs of trousers that are 2 sizes smaller than the one's I wore when I went back to sw & they fit me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Well, it was a complete disaster :( Up 4.5lb :( My mum was up 2.5lb and was disgusted, she thought she was going to stay the same (we were on hols together).

We both ate and drank the same (wasn't bad at all, a lot of fish) but she pulled it back over the weekend and I didn't really. She blames our genes, it just seems to be so hard to lose decent amounts of weight but we only have to look at cake to gain weight! My mum is super healthy and walks every day (but does like a glass or 2 of wine a couple of times a week) and it's taken her 7 months to lose a stone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Monife wrote: »
    Well, it was a complete disaster :( Up 4.5lb :( My mum was up 2.5lb and was disgusted, she thought she was going to stay the same (we were on hols together).

We both ate and drank the same (wasn't bad at all, a lot of fish) but she pulled it back over the weekend and I didn't really. She blames our genes, it just seems to be so hard to lose decent amounts of weight but we only have to look at cake to gain weight! My mum is super healthy and walks every day (but does like a glass or 2 of wine a couple of times a week) and it's taken her 7 months to lose a stone :(

But if you were on holidays you wouldnt have been sticking to plan were you?

I would think a lot is fluid if you were drinking, as your body wouldn't be used to drinking much if you are doing SW.

I would be delighted if i was only up 2.5lbs after a holiday. You need to be able to enjoy yourself too.
    Just get straight back on plan and im sure you will have a good loss next week. Try not to get disheartened over it.

But losing a stone in 7 months is still brilliant. Most of our weight didnt go on in a short space of time so its not going to come off quickly either, so try and give yourself a little break and see it as a long term way of life.

andreac wrote: »
    But if you were on holidays you wouldnt have been sticking to plan were you?

I would think a lot is fluid if you were drinking, as your body wouldn't be used to drinking much if you are doing SW.

I would be delighted if i was only up 2.5lbs after a holiday. You need to be able to enjoy yourself too.
    Just get straight back on plan and im sure you will have a good loss next week. Try not to get disheartened over it.

But losing a stone in 7 months is still brilliant. Most of our weight didnt go on in a short space of time so its not going to come off quickly either, so try and give yourself a little break and see it as a long term way of life.

Oh I definitely see it as a way of life now but I am very impatient by nature so get a bit downtrodden with the slow progress.

While I wasn't counting healthy a's and b's or syns etc on holiday, I was quite good. Average day would have been:

Breakfast

Melon, orange, kiwi, watermelon
    2 toast with 2 poached eggs and beans
    1 miniature custard tart (size equals 2 bites)

Didn't have lunch every day but the days I did it was salad one day, saltine crackers and cheese and fruit another day and a chicken sandwich another day.

Dinner

Prawns/Fish/Steak and boiled potatoes/boiled rice - Chips one night

Probably 2 to 4 glasses of wine a day. And between 3 of us we got through 2 medium bags of pistachios over 5 days.

So while I wasn't totally on plan, didn't majorly go off track.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I have found in the past having too much fruit hit my weight so I don't eat as much fruit now. I am afraid of what the scales will say tomorrow, hope my drink binge doesn't come back to bite me!

Some people are fast losers, some are slow, as long as it comes off! Do you drink much water?

• Advertisement

Vahevala wrote: »
    I have found in the past having too much fruit hit my weight so I don't eat as much fruit now. I am afraid of what the scales will say tomorrow, hope my drink binge doesn't come back to bite me!

Some people are fast losers, some are slow, as long as it comes off! Do you drink much water?

I drink loads Monday to Friday, probably 2 litres in work and 500ml at home but I fall down on the water on weekends or days off, probably 1 litre to 1.5.

Does anyone have any breakfast ideas that doesn't include your healthy B?

I normally have toast and boiled egg or sultana bran with banana but I would like to have a sandwich once in a while for lunch and don't want to have to syn it.

I normally have toast and boiled egg or sultana bran with banana but I would like to have a sandwich once in a while for lunch and don't want to have to syn it.

Maybe an Omelette if you have time, or breakfast muffins. You could always do a fry up if you had time lol :) I know others have fruit & yogurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

On the day you would like a sandwich, would you do an SP day, as you have two HEB's :)

I usually have scrambled eggs and melon. You could have yoghurt too, or rashers, Boxty is another option depending on how much time you have.

• Advertisement

What's Boxty?

Time is of the essence in the morning and I eat breakfast in work (I'm in at 8am, up at 6.45) so I wouldn't be cooking anything.

I'm not mad into yoghurt either, I never buy them. Are there any other yoghurts that are free that have a creamier consistency than muller light? (Also don't like bits in yoghurts lol sound like a right fussy one now) :)

Good idea of the SP day, haven't done one yet but might try one.

Vahevala, do you have the breakfast muffin recipe? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

What's Boxty?

Time is of the essence in the morning and I eat breakfast in work (I'm in at 8am, up at 6.45) so I wouldn't be cooking anything.

I'm not mad into yoghurt either, I never buy them. Are there any other yoghurts that are free that have a creamier consistency than muller light? (Also don't like bits in yoghurts lol sound like a right fussy one now) :)

Good idea of the SP day, haven't done one yet but might try one.

Vahevala, do you have the breakfast muffin recipe? Thanks :)

Try Fage or Liberte fat free Greek yogurt, it's fabulously thick and creamy (I sound like a bad ad but it genuinely is!) and lovely with fruit etc. It's very very filling. I eat it with fruit or with a crumbled up hifi bar, my mum mixes most of a tub with a sachet of sugar free jelly crystals made up to 300 ml of water and sets it in the fridge to make 'blancmange', it's also lovely with curries and spicy stuff. It's high in protein too. They do flavoured ones that are low syn too (but I haven't tried them).

Boxty is a potato pancake product, I have been trying to find the Gluten Free one as it is syn free but no luck in the shops near me.

http://www.slimmingworld.ie/recipes/ham-egg-muffins.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Does anybody know how many syns are in knorr gluten free savoury gravy powder? The one in the tub, its not on the app

Vahevala wrote: »
    Boxty is a potato pancake product, I have been trying to find the Gluten Free one as it is syn free but no luck in the shops near me.

http://www.slimmingworld.ie/recipes/ham-egg-muffins.aspx

My supervalu has it. Its delicious. Im addicted to it lol.

2 pounds down! I'm not sure how I feel about it, on the one hand it's low considering I weighed myself over a week ago and was down about 8 pounds, but on the other hand I wasn't 100% on plan for a few days over the 2 weeks and I am ovulating so yeah I suppose I'm happy overall! I can't get over how much I chunk up when I ovulate :D

dee_mc wrote: »
    2 pounds down! I'm not sure how I feel about it, on the one hand it's low considering I weighed myself over a week ago and was down about 8 pounds, but on the other hand I wasn't 100% on plan for a few days over the 2 weeks and I am ovulating so yeah I suppose I'm happy overall! I can't get over how much I chunk up when I ovulate :D

Well done, still a good loss. Ive my weigh in tonight. Dont think im down even though i should be, but im not getting too hung up on it.

Im getting my measurements done at the gym again next week and i think i might see more inch loss than weight loss, so if so ill be happy.

Feel like ive hit a brick wall again weight loss wise. Not sure what way to go about it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm almost 1 stone down but feel like nothing has gone from around my tummy

andreac wrote: »
    Well done, still a good loss. Ive my weigh in tonight. Dont think im down even though i should be, but im not getting too hung up on it.

Im getting my measurements done at the gym again next week and i think i might see more inch loss than weight loss, so if so ill be happy.

Feel like ive hit a brick wall again weight loss wise. Not sure what way to go about it now.

Thanks andreac, I forgot to mention my loss was over 3 weeks but I'm actually happy with it, I can see and feel the difference :)
    I did my measurements again last week and had to recheck the numbers a few times, the inch loss can be so amazing especially when you can't see a big difference in the mirror. I'm wearing jeans 3 sizes smaller than when I started but I still see 'the old me' in the mirror pretty much, so it's great to see the 'evidence' on the measuring tape.
    Re hitting a brick wall, is it just time to change up the routine again?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,515 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

it will be gone from other areas, my tummy is always the last to go :mad:

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »
    Thanks andreac, I forgot to mention my loss was over 3 weeks but I'm actually happy with it, I can see and feel the difference :)
    Re hitting a brick wall, is it just time to change up the routine again?

Was up a lb. Not too bad I suppose and was over syns a couple of the day's. I'm just going to try and really stick to it this week and see how I get on. It's my own fault really that I'm up so just need to be better with my syns etc.

down 1.5

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

Down 1 and a half pounds. Woot!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Hi everyone
    I was down 2 and a half pounds today. Got my 2 stone award along with my club 10 award so I was delighted.

okiss wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    I was down 2 and a half pounds today. Got my 2 stone award along with my club 10 award so I was delighted.
    brilliant

Well done all!
    People were talking about detox water or speed water or something, anyone fill me in please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

LexieOnRale I'm 3 stone 3.5lbs down and until the other day I actually thought I looked heavier than when I started because I don't feel like I've lost any weight from my stomach. But the other day I was changing my profile picture on Facebook and I was scrolling through them and not to sound in anyway vain but I look fooking unreal in the new one! (I am not a vain person I actually think I'm rotten!) but I noticed it, I now have one chin instead of the four I used to have! My face is so much different! All week I've felt brilliant because of this. So just because you don't feel like it's gone from your belly it's gone from somewhere else!

Sorry for sounding so into myself but fcuk it I've felt like ****e for so long that this boost has me feeling a million dollars and I'm going to enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Down 2lb today! I'm delighted, got my half stone award and 8lb down in two weeks! Id be really happy if I can have 2lb off every week!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I was up a pound yesterday. I'm fine with that, was away for the weekend with my daughter and it's star week. So not too bad overall.

Saw a lovely recipe for a cauliflower base pizza, going to give it a try tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Down 1lb, would have liked more but was time of the month so dont mind too much. 2lbs away from 3 stone :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement