Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

dee_mc wrote: »
    Well done all!
    People were talking about detox water or speed water or something, anyone fill me in please?

Hiya I just made my own, if you on Pinterest there is loads of detox water receipes for different problems. I'm using lemon lime and cucumber to combat my bloating. It is working but I'm also eating scan bread so don't know which one is doing the job. Maybe both x

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

ja1986 wrote: »
    Hiya I just made my own, if you on Pinterest there is loads of detox water receipes for different problems. I'm using lemon lime and cucumber to combat my bloating. It is working but I'm also eating scan bread so don't know which one is doing the job. Maybe both x

How long do you leave the water soaking in the fruits/veg before you drink it?

andreac wrote: »
    How long do you leave the water soaking in the fruits/veg before you drink it?

Overnight, the aftertaste of the cucumber is extremely strong though . I chop up one lemon one lime and 4 slices of cucumber per litre. Use the same fruit for second litre

Here's a bit of info

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

Overnight, the aftertaste of the cucumber is extremely strong though . I chop up one lemon one lime and 4 slices of cucumber per litre. Use the same fruit for second litre

I always find that a sprig or two of mint is really refreshing in water. I normally use berries or lemon and lime for mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Got Slimmer of the week Tuesday night :) Just under 3lbs to a stone after 4 weeks :) Pushing hard this week for 3/4 lbs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Saw a lovely recipe for a cauliflower base pizza, going to give it a try tonight.

I love cauliflower pizza, it's one of my weekly dinner staples :)
    You know, you can also cook and dress the base, and then freeze it. It's great to have a 'frozen pizza' on hand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭norabattie

Hey all. First time posting in here. Been stalking up till today. :)
    Joined SW 2.5 weeks ago after seeing one of my friends at work doing wonders on it.
    First week 3.5lbs and this week 3lbs. Pretty happy at the moment.

Not sure if I'm still doing it 100% correct but I think I have the basics down.
    Really enjoy the encouragement and different recipes etc on here. Keep up the good work.

norabattie wrote: »
    Hey all. First time posting in here. Been stalking up till today. :)
    Joined SW 2.5 weeks ago after seeing one of my friends at work doing wonders on it.
    First week 3.5lbs and this week 3lbs. Pretty happy at the moment.

Not sure if I'm still doing it 100% correct but I think I have the basics down.
    Really enjoy the encouragement and different recipes etc on here. Keep up the good work.

Well done great losses. If you have any queries just shout. It can take a few weeks to really get your head around it, but you are obv doing well if you are nearly half a stone down already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Here's a bit of info

Looks very interesting :) I'm such an impulse buyer, just bought an infusion bottle on ebay after seeing this post :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

I was up a pound yesterday. I'm fine with that, was away for the weekend with my daughter and it's star week. So not too bad overall.

Saw a lovely recipe for a cauliflower base pizza, going to give it a try tonight.

let us know how the cauliflower pizza base turns out - sounds intresting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hi all,

Just wondering do you have to count full syns for Donegal Catch?

Below link is for breaded haddock which would be 11 syns but just wondering can you take some syns off because the haddock would be free?

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=253907139

Monife wrote: »
    Hi all,

Below link is for breaded haddock which would be 11 syns but just wondering can you take some syns off because the haddock would be free?

I would think that's just for the bread crumbs! The app has the tesco fillets at 9 syns so they've probably already deducted the fish :eek:

Monife wrote: »
    Hi all,

Yes the syns would be for the breadcrumbs, not the fish. Why not try making your own and use your bread as your HEB and then it would be free?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Here's a bit of info

Detoxing is a marketing gimmick - it has absolutely no basis in reality. You are not detoxifying your body. Drinking water is just good for you, whether you soak it in fruit or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Could someone please tell me the syns in Knorr pepper cream sauce? Its just made up with water

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

deni86 wrote: »
    Could someone please tell me the syns in Knorr pepper cream sauce? Its just made up with water

12.5 syns for the pack made up with water (according to someone who used the syn calculator on the site)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

12.5 syns for the pack made up with water (according to someone who used the syn calculator on the site)

Its kind of high isn't it, I think it only makes 250mls, might be worth it though, I dont think I can have a steak without pepper sauce and I love that one lol! Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

deni86 wrote: »
    Its kind of high isn't it, I think it only makes 250mls, might be worth it though, I dont think I can have a steak without pepper sauce and I love that one lol! Thank you :)

I've never tried it but people in my group make their own pepper sauce. As far as I remember it's 250ml low fat milk. Heat that in a saucepan and crumble in 3-4 beef stock cubes and add peppercorns and stir. If you leave it to simmer for a little while it will thicken up. I can't vouch personally for it but they all love it. It's free if you use the milk as a heA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Well my really flexi day on Monday & lack of water bit me and I put on 1/2 lb, so 2nd gain in a row, determined to shift my gain of 1.5 lbs over the last two weeks next week.

I have to drink more water, will download the waterbalance app to keep me on the straight & narrow tonight.

• Advertisement

Vahevala wrote: »
    Well my really flexi day on Monday & lack of water bit me and I put on 1/2 lb, so 2nd gain in a row, determined to shift my gain of 1.5 lbs over the last two weeks next week.

I have to drink more water, will download the waterbalance app to keep me on the straight & narrow tonight.

Ooh how does that app work, I'm great for drinking water at work but terrible on my days off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Ooh how does that app work, I'm great for drinking water at work but terrible on my days off!

You log how much water you are drinking and it sends you reminders to your phone regularly if you are not drinking enough or just to remind you to drink more!

It can also calculate based on your weight how much you should be drinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Went for the 1st time tonight (me and the housemate were the only males:) ) but everyone made us very welcome and were very nice

I was actually surprised at how much stuff you could eat , while admitting im still a bit confused at the whole thing ha ha

mrmorgan wrote: »
    Went for the 1st time tonight (me and the housemate were the only males:) ) but everyone made us very welcome and were very nice

I was actually surprised at how much stuff you could eat , while admitting im still a bit confused at the whole thing ha ha

Ah that's great that you enjoyed the class and felt welcome.

Yes you can eat loads. It's great. Best of luck with your first week.

Down a pound hallelujah! So relieved- did my best to reverse the weekend but was still prepared for a gain! 5.5lb to my new target!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Well I'm doomed this week! Pizza lunch today in work!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

got invited to a barbecue tomorrow :(

how does this work for syns etc?

mrmorgan wrote: »
    got invited to a barbecue tomorrow :(

how does this work for syns etc?

Steak or chicken probably your best bet, fat/skin removed. Save your healthy B for a roll or burger bun. Steer clear of coleslaw, dressings etc, load up on salad... Mallons sausages are apparently lovely barbecued, you could bring some along!
    I'd say your biggest problem will be the weather ;)

• Advertisement

Yeah BBQ's are great for SW. Stick to plain meat, no sauces or very little. Lots of salad if you eat it. As Dee says, save your Healthy Extras for maybe cheese or bread bun for your burger.

Just be careful if the meat has a marinade on it as that would carry syns. But you should be fairly ok though as meat is free once it has no fat on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement