Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It really depends on what's being cooked! I have a gas bbq so use it every other day. In the last week I did salmon, pork chops, lamb chops, burgers, potatoes, sweetcorn, green beans, giant mushrooms and asparagus and all free.
    Could you maybe bring a free pasta/potato salad to have on the side and fill up on if needs be?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

thanks guys, was talking to the chap who is having the barbie and i said i will bring some salmon for it. so i can eat that :)

actually he just said he is cooking meat. possibly lamb. can it be marianted in anyway? or what should i avaoid on it? i am getting a bit of corn on the cob also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

mrmorgan wrote: »
    actually he just said he is cooking meat. possibly lamb. can it be marianted in anyway? or what should i avaoid on it? i am getting a bit of corn on the cob also

You could marinate it in soy sauce, worcesthire sauce, spices, all free. Sorry cant spell that W sauce lol.

andreac wrote: »
    You could marinate it in soy sauce, worcesthire sauce, spices, all free. Sorry cant spell that W sauce lol.

briliant thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

What weirdo does lamb on a BBQ? Down with this sort of thing!

Dodge wrote: »
    What weirdo does lamb on a BBQ? Down with this sort of thing!

it's actually amazing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Anyone know a recepie for protein pancakes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Detoxing is a marketing gimmick - it has absolutely no basis in reality. You are not detoxifying your body. Drinking water is just good for you, whether you soak it in fruit or not.

Ya well I feel great after it and lemon water is a well known detox drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

ja1986 wrote: »
    Ya well I feel great after it and lemon water is a well known detox drink.

Good that you feel great. Lemon water doesn't detox you, detoxing isn't actually a thing. It is first and foremost a marketing gimmick. Spend 45 seconds doing some research online and you won't find a single reputable bit of research that says detoxing is a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭norabattie

Just made the apple betty from the SW app...Why is it 2 syns per portion though? Everything I used is free eg eggs, apples, fat free natural yoghurt. Sultanas are hardly 12 syns for example for the whole thing are they? By the way it's yummm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

norabattie wrote: »
    Just made the apple betty from the SW app...Why is it 2 syns per portion though? Everything I used is free eg eggs, apples, fat free natural yoghurt. Sultanas are hardly 12 syns for example for the whole thing are they? By the way it's yummm :)

You have to syn cooked fruit, would that do it? 2 syns per 113g apparently!

Yes its the cooked fruit. Once it's not in its natural state it has to be sunned. So fruit that's juiced or cooked then has a syn value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I really feel like a different person, 2.5 lbs away from having lost 6 stone in total. I will never go back, I have found a plan that I can stay on for the rest of my life. :D

I have gone from a size 24 top to a size 14 top and size 26 trousers to a size 16 trousers. :)

Vahevala wrote: »
    I really feel like a different person, 2.5 lbs away from having lost 6 stone in total. I will never go back, I have found a plan that I can stay on for the rest of my life. :D

I have gone from a size 24 top to a size 14 top and size 26 trousers to a size 16 trousers. :)

What a transformation! Very very well done, you should be so proud of yourself :)

Omg what an amazing transformation. You must be so happy with yourself!! Well done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,515 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

love reading updates like this, ya gotta love slimming world, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

That's amazing Vahevala, well done! Gives me inspiration to keep going! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Amazing!!! Delighted for you, and id say you feel fantastic !!! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Well done vahevala, you should be so proud of yourself. Absolutely amazing!!!

• Advertisement

well done, hopefully I can do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Well done Vahevala- you must be so proud of yourself and the work you've put in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Thank you so much everyone, It has been a long road but some distance still to go but I am really happy with the way it is going. I never dreamed I could fit into normal shop sizes again... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Congratulations! You look absolutely incredible. Seriously well done. It's a massive commitment, I wish I could steal some of your determination. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,948 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

You seem to have lost about 10 years along the way as well :D. Really well done. You look like a totally different person. It's brilliant that you've enjoyed doing it too. Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Weighed in tonight after missing last week and only down a pound. I'm really disappointed. Had a really good week last week and 5 really good days the week gone so I thought it would be more. I'm really feeling disheartened now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Down 1.5lbs a bit disappointed but won slimmer of the month

Think I need to eat more and drink more water

Wellyd wrote: »
    Weighed in tonight after missing last week and only down a pound. I'm really disappointed. Had a really good week last week and 5 really good days the week gone so I thought it would be more. I'm really feeling disheartened now.

Aw try not to let it send you off the rails, chances are you'll have a greater loss next week.
    And I know it's practically my mantra but a loss is a loss, between hormones and everything else we all experience smaller losses from time to time ;)

Down 1.5lbs a bit disappointed but won slimmer of the month

Think I need to eat more and drink more water

I always love the look on a new member's face when the leader asks me what I'm going to do to escalate my loss and I say 'I'm going to try to eat more' :D
    Good on ya and good luck for next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Down a pound! I felt a bit guilty after pizza lunch on Friday so did SP the last 3 days. Found it fine so will probably do it when I come back from hols in a couple of week! Nice to have the extra hex B - I just had a free bagel with chocolate quark (quark + hot choc powder and a little sweeter) - delish!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement