Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

3 lbs. my biggest loss in 10 weeks or so

Total loss now equals a small bail of hay apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

tk123 wrote: »
    Down a pound! I felt a bit guilty after pizza lunch on Friday so did SP the last 3 days. Found it fine so will probably do it when I come back from hols in a couple of week! Nice to have the extra hex B - I just had a free bagel with chocolate quark (quark + hot choc powder and a little sweeter) - delish!

Can you give an idea of your general daily food diary on the SP days?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Catxscotch wrote: »
    Can you give an idea of your general daily food diary on the SP days?

I can remember :

Breakfast - porridge made up with water with 1/2 syn muller light and berries mixed in

Lunch
    sat - 2 poached eggs on B free bread and 1/2 melon
    sun - omelet (eggs, mushrooms, ham, cheese, quark) and the other 1/2 of the melon
    mon - my usual work lunch - salad leaves, chicken breast, cottage cheese with onion and 2 ryvita

Dinner
    sat - roast chicken, turnip and broccoli
    sun & mon - SW cottage pie with turnip topping and green beans

Snacks (from the 3 days- not every day!) speed fruit, SW hummus with ryvita, seafood sticks (addicted to them! :o), a lindor sweet :p, some pringles, bagel slim with chocolate quark - ryvita and bagel used as second hex b on those days

I'm back on the normal plan today - dinner will be turkey mince and veg with pasta, reduced fat pesto and parmesan for my hex a to go on the pasta :)

Lunch
    sat - 2 poached eggs on B free bread and 1/2 melon

FWIW that wouldn't be a SP lunch as you've no speed food at all. Melon isn't speed under the new plan

(Not judging as I still eat bananas as part of my one/third, just pointing it out)

Dodge wrote: »
    FWIW that wouldn't be a SP lunch as you've no speed food at all. Melon isn't speed under the new plan

(Not judging as I still eat bananas as part of my one/third, just pointing it out)

No way i was dying for bananas and had the melon instead thinking it was speed lol! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Well done on all the losses folks & thanks again for the lovely comments :)

My weigh in is looming on Thursday evening and I have been trying with the water.. must drink more today, I am going shopping tonight for size 14 tops and really need to get some jeans, but my legs don't suit tight fitting jeans so it is a major challenge! :(

I have a BBQ on Saturday & meal out next Monday but I plan to stay on soft drinks and try to pick good options.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Melon is speed. It has an S symbol in my book (I joined in February).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Sorry Dodge, but you are wrong. Melon is 100% speed food. Check your book ;-)

Bananas and pineapple are no longer speed, only free. Maybe that is what you are thinking of?

No way i was dying for bananas and had the melon instead thinking it was speed lol! :pac:

Tk you are right. Melon is speed food so dont be worrying.

Banana's are free along with pineapple and mango which are no longer speed.

I decided to get some popcorn there for a treat. I knew the salty sweet one was 5.5syns but the only had the choc one grand probably the same I thought - luckily I checked the app as I was queuing - 11 syns!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I have been invited to a BBQ Saturday & meal out Monday night so I have gone into panic mode :eek::eek:

Do you think it would be okay, if I brought along my own sausages for my friends to cook & I was going to cook a lemon pasta salad for me to nibble on? I was going to use this recipe (http://group.slimmingworld.com/recipes/lemon-and-herb-pasta-salad.aspx as I imagine most of the salads will be coleslaw/potato salad etc.

I don't want to feel awkward about it.. going to try to stick to soft drinks as well.. I don't want to put any more weight on eeeeeek!

Vahevala wrote: »
    I have been invited to a BBQ Saturday & meal out Monday night so I have gone into panic mode :eek::eek:

Do you think it would be okay, if I brought along my own sausages for my friends to cook & I was going to cook a lemon pasta salad for me to nibble on? I was going to use this recipe (http://group.slimmingworld.com/recipes/lemon-and-herb-pasta-salad.aspx as I imagine most of the salads will be coleslaw/potato salad etc.

I don't want to feel awkward about it.. going to try to stick to soft drinks as well.. I don't want to put any more weight on eeeeeek!

I think it would be perfectly ok to do that and im sure they will understand. I visited a friends the other day and brought loads of healthy snacks and treats for my cuppa too as i wanted to stay on track. She cooked a lovely pasta dish that was totally sw friendly and there was no probs at all about bringing my own goodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 loopalu

Hi guys im new to slimming world...lost 3lbs my first week so really happy with that. ..just been asked to go for a Chinese, am I fooling myself thinking a chicken curry with boiled rice wouldn't be so bad?! Also Ive been to a 1hr work out class today surely that has to help out to lol

Apologies for this. I was thinking of mango! (I don't eat either!)
    loopalu wrote: »
    Hi guys im new to slimming world...lost 3lbs my first week so really happy with that. ..just been asked to go for a Chinese, am I fooling myself thinking a chicken curry with boiled rice wouldn't be so bad?!

Boiled rice is fine. People in our group think chicken in black bean sauce is the most friendly. Go with curry if that's what you want though (that's what I'd do). If you're good the rest of the week you'll be fine. You're not going the rest of your life saying no to dinner invites so don't worry about this one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

loopalu wrote: »
    Hi guys im new to slimming world...lost 3lbs my first week so really happy with that. ..just been asked to go for a Chinese, am I fooling myself thinking a chicken curry with boiled rice wouldn't be so bad?! Also Ive been to a 1hr work out class today surely that has to help out to lol

Hiya, welcome to SW and to this thread! It's a lifeline for a lot of us that helps keep us on track :)
    I don't have my book with me right now but have a look at the eating out section, there's a good range of Chinese dishes listed there with the syn values for a portion. Bear in mind that the portion might be only half of what you are actually served (take a look at the weights, you should be able to guesstimate how much you can have!)
    Well done on your first loss :)

Apologies for this. I was thinking of mango! (I don't eat either!)

Come on Dodge, get with it!! :pac::P

andreac wrote: »
    Come on Dodge, get with it!! :pac::P

I'm fairly certain that little pink head you're about to eat there isn't speed either!!

I'm fairly certain that little pink head you're about to eat there isn't speed either!!

Ha ha very funny. Yeah you could be right on that one ☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Hi all, I'm 5 days into my first week and find it great so far! I'm still breastfeeding my 4.5 month old so to be able to have unlimited certain foods is a godsend. I had been putting on weight since my baby was born and being so tired found any diet too hard to stick to on my own. This is really sustainable and feels rooted in common sense. I definitely feel motivated knowing I'll be weighing in every week, here's hoping my competitive streak helps me lose some weight :P

Dolbert wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm 5 days into my first week and find it great so far! I'm still breastfeeding my 4.5 month old so to be able to have unlimited certain foods is a godsend. I had been putting on weight since my baby was born and being so tired found any diet too hard to stick to on my own. This is really sustainable and feels rooted in common sense. I definitely feel motivated knowing I'll be weighing in every week, here's hoping my competitive streak helps me lose some weight :P

Welcome! Congrats on the baba, and on your great first week of SW :)

• Advertisement

Dolbert wrote: »

You're right SW isn't really a diet. It's just a framework for healthy eating. It basically boils down to eat plenty of fruit and veg with your 3 meals a day and try to limit sugary/fatty/processed foods. It really is that simple

SW comes into it because most overweight folks have will power problems and need guidance/help/kick-in-the-hole (depending on the person!)

Good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Down 1.5lb last night :D Absolutely delighted, didn't deserve it at all. Must have meant the gain I had last week wasn't totally deserved.

Well done to everyone else as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Down 2.5 (although it was floating between 2 and 2.5), but hit 3 stone so delighted.

Onwards and downwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Heyes wrote: »
    Down 2.5 (although it was floating between 2 and 2.5), but his 3 stone so delighted.

Onwards and downwards :)

very good, well done

1 pound down, so I got my 3 and a half stone award :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

3.5lb down, I'm amazed! Much better results than my usual calorie counting and I feel like I've eaten so much more!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 loopalu

Well done girls...my weight in is friday fingers crossed im down!! Have ye tried the sw Spanish omelette omg its delicious and free!!

Slimming World bargain alerts :D
    FryLight (olive oil variety) is on offer in Aldi this week, €2 (it's €2.80 in Tesco)
    and Liberte 0% Greek yogurt is 2 for €4 in Tesco (usually €2.99 for 500g tub)
    Maggi So Juicy is half price in Tesco (very popular with ladies in my group, works out at a couple of syns per portion I think)
    Tesco Finest Balsamic Vinegar is half price at €3.99 (still not the cheapest available but it's a particularly nice one IMO)
    MullerLight Greek Style yogurts are half price in Tesco (€1.49 for 4)
    LowLow is half price in Tesco (€1.50 for 1kg tub)
    Philadelphia Light/Lightest (various sizes and flavours) are half price in Tesco
    Mi Wadii sugar free is half price in Tesco
    Club Zero, Pepsi Max and 7up Light (but not 7up free, I think) are on offer at 6 cans for €3 in Tesco
    Kellogg's Fruit and Fibre was on offer in Dunnes but I didn't see the details

Hope this'll help someone make a bit of a saving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Kwiecien

Joined Slimming World last week. Had my second weigh in today. Lost 4.5 lbs. Delighted with that.

It seems quite wasy to follow so far. My goal is a 30 inch waist. Its currently 38 inches.

I'll be following this thread for tips and advice.

• Advertisement

Down 2 lbs!! Delighted but it hovered over 2 and 2.5 and settled on 2 lol. Happy enough and it's star week too so maybe could have been more as was so good all week and really watched my syns.

Hoping for a lb next week as that will be 1 and half stone off so far but that is from when I started originally as I'm with another group now so it's a loss combined from both groups.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement