Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

3rd week and I stayed the same ☹ I dont know why because I done the same things as my first two weeks and i had losses then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Maybe change things up a bit?
    Are you eating enough, using syns etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

deni86 wrote: »
    3rd week and I stayed the same ☹ I dont know why because I done the same things as my first two weeks and i had losses then

Do you do a food diary? maybe you could post here what you are having?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Don't let it get you down deni86, trust in the plan- you know from the last 2 weeks it's working! Sometimes your body is in a cycle that takes a while to understand!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I genuinely think looking at it in a 4 week cycle is best. People can be down 3, then 2, up 1, down 2 and they'll still obsess over that one pound rather than be happy they've lost 6 lbs in 4 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

I ate a massive amount of homemade spaghetti bolognese yesterday, so much that I actually felt bad, but no syns. It's amazing that I went to bed feeling too full and bloated but it's still considered a "good" day on the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,515 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

deni86 wrote: »
    i was up 2lbs, i did everything the same as the weeks before, was annoyed and didnt even stay for meeting, now i need 3lbs to get my stone rather than 1:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I've had weeks where I've stayed the same and even put on a pound the week before last for no reason I could think of... THEN last week I had pizza, birthday cake, worse greasy pizza than the first one AND my usual thai and lost 1lb... Somebody made a great point at our class this week - take your measurements because you'll have time where you're not seeing a great loss or staying the same but the cms and inches are coming off. I'm going on hols on Sat and have my shopping list of SW stuff to bring with me so I don't go completely off track. I'm happy to enjoy myself and take the hit so will be an interesting weigh-in in two weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

1st weigh in tonight , should be interesting.

a thought I had last night, do they encourage you to use up all your syns, does the plan work better if you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

mrmorgan wrote: »
    a thought I had last night, do they encourage you to use up all your syns, does the plan work better if you do?

I'd say don't use them for the sake of it. Use them so you don't feel like it's a chore or to have a little treat.

But I couldn't see how eating a pack of crisps at 11.30pm because you have 8 syns is a good thing :)

• Advertisement

Dodge wrote: »
    I'd say don't use them for the sake of it. Use them so you don't feel like it's a chore or to have a little treat.

But I couldn't see how eating a pack of crisps at 11.30pm because you have 8 syns is a good thing :)

very good point

I've found that if I want a loss, 15 syns a day is too much for me. I keep it at 5-10, usually 5 by having a snack/mini kitkat/penguin at night.
    They say 5-15 syns a day, not 15!

mejulie805 wrote: »
    I've found that if I want a loss, 15 syns a day is too much for me. I keep it at 5-10, usually 5 by having a snack/mini kitkat/penguin at night.
    They say 5-15 syns a day, not 15!

i am allowed 20 which is great :)

Weigh in tonight :eek:

I have sent an email to my local gym, I need to get toned up, my stomach has gone very flabby since losing nearly 6 stone. I am worried about exercising in public as I am not very fit and can go pink in the face easily :o I am really fair skinned... This is a huge step for me as I have never joined a gym before!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Wow guys, some great results from most this week. Well done to you all. For those who are a bit disappointed don't give up, keep to plan it does work.

I was annoyed last week I was up a pound, thought I was good. This week I was down 2.5lbs, I was/am over the moon. It hovered between 2.5 and 3 lb loss, but it stayed at the 2.5. So now for next week I need to lose half a pound to get my 3 stone award. I am so happy, 3 stone since August, it hasn't been easy, jan/February I barely shifted any, but I'm on a roll again.

Best of luck to you all, as said, don't give up x

I am still considering would the 30 day shred fix my stomach/body up or is a gym the only way? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Vahevala wrote: »
    I am still considering would the 30 day shred fix my stomach/body up or is a gym the only way? :o

I'm the same Vahevala! I'm just about to hit my 3.5 stone and that's my halfway to target. I said when I got halfway I'd start with the exercise. I'm really so embarrassed about going to the gym because I know I'd just be a big pink sweaty wheezy mess! I'm planning on trying to do some exercise videos from the internet and using the treadmill(that's been gathering dust for a few years!).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Wow guys, some great results from most this week. Well done to you all. For those who are a bit disappointed don't give up, keep to plan it does work.

I was annoyed last week I was up a pound, thought I was good. This week I was down 2.5lbs, I was/am over the moon. It hovered between 2.5 and 3 lb loss, but it stayed at the 2.5. So now for next week I need to lose half a pound to get my 3 stone award. I am so happy, 3 stone since August, it hasn't been easy, jan/February I barely shifted any, but I'm on a tool again.

Best of luck to you all, as said, don't give up x

Why does it always settle on the lower weight loss when it hovers like that lol. :p
    Mine was the same, hovered over 2 and 2.5 and settled on 2, the fecker!!

Guys try not worry too much about the gym, honestly, there's no need to be embarrassed. Everyone there whether big or small are all after the one goal really. To get fit and lose weight. No one watches what anyone else is doing as they are usually concentrating on what they are doing themselves.

Maybe join a gym where its women only or where there's a trainer there to give you some guidance so you don't feel lost when you are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

andreac wrote: »
    Guys try not worry too much about the gym, honestly, there's no need to be embarrassed. Everyone there whether big or small are all after the one goal really. To get fit and lose weight. No one watches what anyone else is doing as they are usually concentrating on what they are doing themselves.

Maybe join a gym where its women only or where there's a trainer there to give you some guidance so you don't feel lost when you are there.

Why not go for a run outside, start a couch 2 5k plan.

Runners never care what other runners look like!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Hi to everyone here. I was up one lb this week but I had a busy week. I plan to eat better this week and keep up with the gym to have a few pounds gone next week.

Why not go for a run outside, start a couch 2 5k plan.

Runners never care what other runners look like!!

I am too embarrassed to run outside :(

I am down 1 lb, 1/2 lb away from losing the weight I gained, so I really can't complain! This week... more water & more speed food!
    4 st 1 lb lost with SW so far and 1.5 lbs to go till I am officially weighing six stone less!

No bother to you Vahevala! !

Has anyone tried the Liberte Greek style natural yoghurt, the fat free one? Omg its yummy. So creamy and much nicer than normal natural yoghurt.

No bother to you Vahevala! !

Has anyone tried the Liberte Greek style natural yoghurt, the fat free one? Omg its yummy. So creamy and much nicer than normal natural yoghurt.

I may or may not have bought 8 pots of it yesterday...
    I get through 2 pots in 3 days :D

dee_mc wrote: »
    I may or may not have bought 8 pots of it yesterday...
    I get through 2 pots in 3 days :D

8 pots wow ha ha. It is delicious though so I don't blame you. I could eat it on its own it's that nice and I wouldn't be able to eat natural yoghurt unless it had berries or something in it.

8 pots wow ha ha. It is delicious though so I don't blame you. I could eat it on its own it's that nice and I wouldn't be able to eat natural yoghurt unless it had berries or something in it.

It's a lifesaver for me at work as I don't get a lunchbreak - great to be able to eat a few spoons of it just to keep me going.
    My favourite thing to do with it is to crumble up a Peanut Heaven hifi bar (6 syns) and finely chop 2 pieces of crystallised ginger (I count 3 syns for this but it's probably less) and sprinkle it over the yogurt. So yummy, and filling too :) when the midnight munchies hit

Wow that sounds delicious. Where do you get that ginger?

Wow that sounds delicious. Where do you get that ginger?

In the baking aisle of Tesco and Dunnes, or in a healthfood shop - the brand is Bunderim. It's so nice, very intense ginger flavour and a chewy texture so a little goes a long way
    The reason I bought so many pots is that it's on offer at the minute in Tesco, 2 for €4, with good long dates :)

dee_mc wrote: »
    In the baking aisle of Tesco and Dunnes, or in a healthfood shop - the brand is Bunderim. It's so nice, very intense ginger flavour and a chewy texture so a little goes a long way
    The reason I bought so many pots is that it's on offer at the minute in Tesco, 2 for €4, with good long dates :)

Oh cool as I bought it for 2.99 in supervalu. Must look for that ginger stuff.

• Advertisement

2.5lb down :) have a tough weekend ahead!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement