Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Well done everyone. I was up 1 & half last night, bloody annoyed with myself as lost 2 the week before last. I need to cop on to myself as im just up and down each week.

Have planned to do SP today and tomorrow, and Monday and Tuesday and see how i get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cookie2015

Hello everyone, I'm new... have never done SW before so don't know the first thing about it. Going to join a class next wk and will read through this forum also for tips. Really want to lose 3 stone, not sure how long that should take me but I need to get cracking, getting married in 15 months so surly this is the best motivation I could have! Have tried various diets in the past, I start great and then just get bored so will really try to keep my focus this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

cookie2015 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I'm new... have never done SW before so don't know the first thing about it. Going to join a class next wk and will read through this forum also for tips. Really want to lose 3 stone, not sure how long that should take me but I need to get cracking, getting married in 15 months so surly this is the best motivation I could have! Have tried various diets in the past, I start great and then just get bored so will really try to keep my focus this time!

Best of luck. SW is good because it trains you to eat healthily instead of simply dieting. You can eat tons and tons of food, as long as you're eating good freshly prepared food. If you like cooking, then SW will be a doddle for you.

15 months is a long time; roughly 65 weeks. So if you're looking to lose 42 pounds you'll be done in no time with even a pound a week loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Was down 4lbs this week - totally shocked as my scales at home says something completely different, in fact only 2lbs down... anyway off on holidays next week so hopefully will maintain (lose if im lucky, but dont mind maintaining)

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

next weigh in tonight, looking forward to see what i will lose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I lost 2 lbs tonight so that brings me to 4 st 5 ½ lbs with Slimming World and 6 stone 3 lbs overall! I was considering SP but I think EE just works for me, I have consistent results so I don't think I will change...

Hopefully I can finish week 2 of the couch to 5k tomorrow morning if I drag myself out of the bed & if the weather behaves! 1.5 lbs to go till I get my 4 & 1/2 stone award, hoping I get that next week! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I have the munchies all week since I've been back from hols and so busy in work which I think is adding to it. If I have my normal breakfast of porridge, yogurt and berries at home can I potentially have something free in the canteen a couple of hours later if I'm hungry in work - boiled egg, rasher etc. I think yes because it's free so technically food optimising... but it just seems wrong from calorie counting days before SW lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

tk123 wrote: »
    I have the munchies all week since I've been back from hols and so busy in work which I think is adding to it. If I have my normal breakfast of porridge, yogurt and berries at home can I potentially have something free in the canteen a couple of hours later if I'm hungry in work - boiled egg, rasher etc. I think yes because it's free so technically food optimising... but it just seems wrong from calorie counting days before SW lol!

Technically yes of course but as you won't know the way they are cooking it, there are probably syns for the oil in the rasher etc. My consultant recommends to eat every 2 and 1/2 hrs or so

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I have a mid-morning snack every day to keep me going between breakfast and lunch at work (and I have a pre-bed snack too!) - usually involves fat free Greek yogurt, fruit, carrot sticks, hifi bar, meat of some kind... as long as you stick to your one third speed, you can eat as many times per day as you like.
    I eat every 3 or 4 hours, because I get hungry every 3 or 4 hours. You need to eat whenever you're hungry.
    I bring an actual tote bag of food to work with me :D I'm the proof that starving yourself, irregular meals, calorie counting etc don't work - I've lost 3 stone 9 pounds in the past 37 weeks and I've never eaten more food in my life!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Up a pound. Was so shocked I actually asked the lady to weigh me twice, convinced it couldn't be right. Low syns and low carbs all week- about 2/3 speed every meal.

I was completely devastated but I can actually see it on myself- I was leaving my OH to work yesterday and even said to him with the week I've had I should be down 2, but I bet I'll be up. He called me crazy and said there's no way as he's seen what I've been eating but here we are, twice as far from target as I was 2 weeks ago.:( :(:(

• Advertisement

Vahevala wrote: »
    Technically yes of course but as you won't know the way they are cooking it, there are probably syns for the oil in the rasher etc. My consultant recommends to eat every 2 and 1/2 hrs or so

I had ham instead of the rashers - thought I was very clever lol!! :p

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Up a pound. Was so shocked I actually asked the lady to weigh me twice, convinced it couldn't be right. Low syns and low carbs all week- about 2/3 speed every meal.

I was completely devastated but I can actually see it on myself- I was leaving my OH to work yesterday and even said to him with the week I've had I should be down 2, but I bet I'll be up. He called me crazy and said there's no way as he's seen what I've been eating but here we are, twice as far from target as I was 2 weeks ago.:( :(:(

Try not be too hard on yourself. Sometimes our bodies just do funny things. If you have been on plan it will show next week.

Ive had weeks where i should be up and i was down and vice versa. So try not to worry. It is disheartening esp when you stay on plan, but i think our bodies just dont want to cooperate all the time lol.

andreac wrote: »
    Ive had weeks where i should be up and i was down and vice versa. So try not to worry. It is disheartening esp when you stay on plan, but i think our bodies just dont want to cooperate all the time lol.

I think it was yourself who posted earlier in the thread that sometimes looking at it monthly is a better indicator.

Without being all blokey about it, women's bodies are pretty much unexplainable :P

Look at how far you've come overall mejulie. A little blip like this is nothing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Dodge wrote: »
    I think it was yourself who posted earlier in the thread that sometimes looking at it monthly is a better indicator.

Without being all blokey about it, women's bodies are pretty much unexplainable :P

Look at how far you've come overall mejulie. A little blip like this is nothing really.

That's what I usually think when it's unexpected, but I swear I can actually see it (or maybe I am going crazy) so I can't count on it for next week. Not going to be so strict this time, going to have some choc every day, and pasta, and keep going.

At the end of the day the plan works, having lost over 2st. It's the heartbreak when 2.5st was 3lb away, and now it's 6 :(

I've had a terrible week - just felt exhausted from stress in work and craving the junk I had last week on hols!! I did stick to plan though - even having an unplanned Chinese one of the nights I didn't get home from work until 8:30 but it was covered with my syns! Honestly I'll be happy as long as I don't gain this week. It's it funny how quick we can pile on the pounds and then how bloody slow they can be to come off!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

I pretty much have my 15 syns every day and I enjoy them without feeling guilty! In my group there have been people who cut down on syns thinking they'll get a bigger weight loss but it never seems to work out that way for some reason!

Low carbs/SP plan doesn't work for everyone - my losses are consistently better when I've had pasta a few times in the week, and used all or most of my syns daily - in fact this week I was down 3 pounds after going over my syns limit at least 3 times, whereas the week before I was 'very good' (i.e. borderline depriving myself of syns and carbs because I felt bad for going off plan slightly for 3 meals over the weekend) and gained a pound... You have to remember that 'being good' on SW means eating enough - I know we tend to focus on the 'one third speed' thing, but the other two thirds free is just as important... I've seen it with people in my group, too much speed food and not enough free food just doesn't work.
    I'm sorry if I sound preachy but I was actually just thinking about that before I read your post! I bet you will have a greater loss next week if you ease up on yourself and use your syns, it goes against every diet we've done before but the beauty is that it works, yay!

I was down 6.5 this week, delighted with myself, lets hopes this continues

bought a slow cooker today, heard they are great, once I figure out how to use it, could be my best friend ;)

Karma's a bitch - I was laughing last week at a post I saw on another SW message board where a lady posted in a panic because she'd eaten a full 500g pot of what she thought was fat free Greek yogurt, but was actually full fat... guess what I bought this evening, emergency snack after a day of not eating enough? Yep. Knew the second I stuck my spoon in it! Can't get over how salty it was, too! Fat free is much nicer!

• Advertisement

Yeeehooooooo lost the 4lbs I put on when when I was on hols!! Relieved it came off as quick as it went on!

Yeeehooooooo lost the 4lbs I put on when when I was on hols!! Relieved it came off as quick as it went on!

Brilliant.well done. Great to get it off so quickly.

down 2 myself. Very happy as Friday was a mess for me (food and drink wise)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

Braved stepping back on the scales this week. Down 3.5 lbs. Thank jebus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Down 2.5lbs tonight! Super happy to finally get my 3.5 stone award! Finally halfway to target! Roll on getting rid of my gallbladder next week and getting healthier!

Wellyd wrote: »
    Down 2.5lbs tonight! Super happy to finally get my 3.5 stone award! Finally halfway to target! Roll on getting rid of my gallbladder next week and getting healthier!

Brilliant news! Wonder how much your gall bladder weighs? :D

dee_mc wrote: »
    Brilliant news! Wonder how much your gall bladder weighs? :D

I don't know but apparently it's full of gallstones so hopefully they weigh loads!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

That's funny about the gall stones. I was up a well deserved 1.5 after a few days away. Hopefully I'll be like tk123 and say goodbye to it the week after hols!

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Wellyd wrote: »
    I don't know but apparently it's full of gallstones so hopefully they weigh loads!

Ask them to take some fat while theu are in there?

• Advertisement

Ask them to take some fat while theu are in there?

Oh god there's enough of that there for them to take! But I'd say I haven't a chance in hell of them doing it for me! I may stick with the slimming world!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement