Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

deisemum wrote: »
    If you have a snack are you supposed to have some fruit or veg with it?

Yes, for me it's usually fat free Greek yogurt with passion fruit and/or berries, or lean meat and carrot sticks...
    Although today I'm starving so just flattened several tablespoons yogurt, 3 passion fruit, a hifi bar AND a hifi light bar... And I'm still hungry... Need to start bringing even more food to work, I only have smoked salmon salad and ryvita to get me through til dinner around 8pm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I've never done slimming world, so couldn't answer this for my sister.

She's thinking of joining next week and wants to know - do they call your weight out to other people? Or can other people see your weight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

She's thinking of joining next week and wants to know - do they call your weight out to other people? Or can other people see your weight?

No they never call out what your weight is, they may say you have lost x lbs or had a slight gain, they will never reveal your weight out to anyone else.

The only people who will see your weight is your consultant through the PDA/laptop and the person weighing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

No they don't. At the image therapy they do go around and say who has lost what etc each week, but no one knows your weight as such.
    The class is good and is worth staying to.

I wouldn't be too worried anyway about people knowing how much you lose etc as everyone there is in the same situation and no one feels embarrassed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Vahevala wrote: »
    No they never call out what your weight is, they may say you have lost x lbs or had a slight gain, they will never reveal your weight out to anyone else.

The only people who will see your weight is your consultant through the PDA/laptop and the person weighing you.

Thanks!

She'll be happy with that so. She wasn't going to go if they called out her starting weight :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

The slimming world rocky road bars are amazing and two of them are your healty b. Or 3syncs each

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Thanks!

She'll be happy with that so. She wasn't going to go if they called out her starting weight :pac:

Her first weigh in will probably be done after the class so the only people there will be new people (and the staff!)

Nothing is said out loud though. It's just written in a book.

Everyone there keeps their weight secret. Everyone is in the same boat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Does anyone know anything about the sugar free biscuits you see in some of the shops? It was mentioned in our class a good while ago but i cant remember what the syn value was like ??

Heyes wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about the sugar free biscuits you see in some of the shops? It was mentioned in our class a good while ago but i cant remember what the syn value was like ??

If they are the ones im thinking of, i think they are half a syn per biscuit, but would need to see the calorie values on them to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

If they are the ones I am thinking of (Devon Tea biscuits), my consultant said it was 2syns per 5 biscuits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Sushi is very low on syns, a 100g of sushi works out at 2-4 syns. On the SW page they have all the syns for it. Have a craving now for some with loads of ginger, wasabi and soy, yummy ;)

thanks, where are the list of syns on the website, on the calculator?

They are these ones - turns out the syn value doesnt make it worth it....

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

mrmorgan wrote: »
    thanks, where are the list of syns on the website, on the calculator?

I use the food search function on the SW app- do you have this? Otherwise it's on the website, called Syns online, same area as the calculator.
    They are these ones - turns out the syn value doesnt make it worth it....

5 syns a pop is it? A lot of people in my group eat the ones in Aldi, they're called 'Maria' by a brand called 'Gullon'. TBH I would prefer to stretch to a Rich Tea, or go straight for the snack bars!

Weighing in later this morning, could someone please tell me to stop being ridiculous, I'm feeling nervous about weighing in :D It's something I've done every week for about 40 weeks, don't know what's got into me!

dee_mc wrote: »
    Weighing in later this morning, could someone please tell me to stop being ridiculous, I'm feeling nervous about weighing in :D It's something I've done every week for about 40 weeks, don't know what's got into me!

Are you nervous for a reason? Are you hitting a target or another milestone?

andreac wrote: »
    Are you nervous for a reason? Are you hitting a target or another milestone?

Nope! I'm 4 pounds away from 4 stone mark, so 1 stone 2 pounds from target, don't know what's up with me... I've been 98% on plan all week (savage time of the month related chocolate cravings yesterday so exceeded syns by one, which felt heroically restrained at the time!), I'm just being silly I think, would love to see a big loss but it won't happen this week!

dee_mc wrote: »

Don't be nervous, you know at this stage that the plan works. No matter what happens on the scales today you have a whole new week ahead of you now, and sticking to the plan is the best tool you have for control and weight loss! Good luck!

By the way, I am sure you can tell from my posting- I get nervous every week!

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Don't be nervous, you know at this stage that the plan works. No matter what happens on the scales today you have a whole new week ahead of you now, and sticking to the plan is the best tool you have for control and weight loss! Good luck!

By the way, I am sure you can tell from my posting- I get nervous every week!

Thanks petal! You're right of course, I just need a good talking to from time to time :D

I'll be thinking about you this afternoon :) I always wonder if the butterflies in my tummy weigh me down :pac:

Ah i know what you mean.

Im not sure if im going to weigh in this week, had major celebrations with friends at the weekend so im def up 2 or 3lbs and i hate weighing in knowing im going to be up. I might give myself an extra day and weigh in tomorrow, at least it might not be as bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Don't be nervous and just bite the bullet! It's much better to go than put it off. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Down 2.5lb last night :) Delighted.

Hope I can get similar next week and get a on a bit of a roll as I have been up and down and still haven't got my stone and have been really close twice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

andreac wrote: »
    Ah i know what you mean.

Im not sure if im going to weigh in this week, had major celebrations with friends at the weekend so im def up 2 or 3lbs and i hate weighing in knowing im going to be up. I might give myself an extra day and weigh in tomorrow, at least it might not be as bad.

worst thing you can do

best to get weighed , start again etc move on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yeah just get weighed and you know where you stand - I've always gained something from image therapy - whether it be a tip/motivation or even commiserations and am always glad I went. Funny I lost 2 this week having been up .5 last week. Normally the max I'd lose (apart from my holiday gain and loss of 4lb) is 1.5 so I'm convinced that .5 was in fact .... wee!!! :p My birthday yesterday and I had domino's - back on track today and at least if I gain I know why.

worst thing you can do

best to get weighed , start again etc move on

Ah i know. Think ill stretch it to tomorrow just to give me another little bit of time :p. I weigh in on a thurs sometimes too if i cant make wednesday.

I weigh on Thursdays and it really works for me! Gives you motivation heading into the weekend so boldness can be controlled! Just walked to Aldi to get some benefit bars on lunch- 2km each way so feeling good! Scoffed 2 bars and a yogurt already though!

mejulie805 wrote: »
    I use the food search function on the SW app- do you have this? Otherwise it's on the website, called Syns online, same area as the calculator.

5 syns a pop is it? A lot of people in my group eat the ones in Aldi, they're called 'Maria' by a brand called 'Gullon'. TBH I would prefer to stretch to a Rich Tea, or go straight for the snack bars!

yeah i agree i think id prefer a normal biscuit, sure there is loads out there that are only 2 syns, but its getting me stop picking at them is the problem :P

I was down 1.5lbs last night, was hoping for more but a loss is a loss.

Will try to be better this week :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

1.5 lb in a week is loads! Well done.

• Advertisement

Dolbert wrote: »
    1.5 lb in a week is loads! Well done.

Thanks, have to say im delighted, ive lost 3 stone 5lbs so far, and i NEVER thought it would happen and certainly not this easy. Delighted with SW !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement