Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cookie2015

Had my first weigh in tonight...down 7lbs delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Well after a nervy start to the day, I had another pound off :)
    I'm happy with that.
    Well done to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

cookie2015 wrote: »
    Had my first weigh in tonight...down 7lbs delighted!

if you dont mind me asking

what was ur starting weight ?

you can pm me it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Down another 2lb tonight, delighted! And got Slimmer of the Week again :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cookie2015

if you dont mind me asking

what was ur starting weight ?

you can pm me it

No probs at all...started at 15.8 so down to 15.1 now and 3.5 stone left to go. I'm 5ft8. Really motivated to stick with this now, so many times in the past i have started, and then quit after a few wks...not going to let that happen this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Dodge wrote: »
    Her first weigh in will probably be done after the class so the only people there will be new people (and the staff!)

Nothing is said out loud though. It's just written in a book.

Everyone there keeps their weight secret. Everyone is in the same boat

Her and my other sister went last night and said the ladies were lovely.

I had a look at the book given to them, and I'm gonna follow the food plan with them for moral support.

Also because my favourite foods are free foods. The only syns I need are wine and cheese :pac:

Edit: I could also do with shifting about three stone. I have lost 11 in total, but need to lose some more!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

dee_mc wrote: »
    Well after a nervy start to the day, I had another pound off :)
    I'm happy with that.
    Well done to all!

Good woman yourself :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I had a disaster of a weigh in last night, was UP 3.5lbs!!!!!!

Thought I might be up 1 or 2, but 3.5 was a shock. We were away for 4 days, I ate 95% SW, did exceed my syns on a few drinks but nothing major. Also time of the month for me.

So head firmly in place now and completely re-motivated, here is to losing that gain next week.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've got my 3rd weigh tonight and I'm dreading it. I've stuck to the diet all week and felt slimmer up until Tuesday but my stomach is so bloated and feeling uncomfortable the last couple of days and I weighed myself earlier and was up by at least 1lb which isn't a reflection of how I've stuck to the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

cookie2015 wrote: »
    No probs at all...started at 15.8 so down to 15.1 now and 3.5 stone left to go. I'm 5ft8. Really motivated to stick with this now, so many times in the past i have started, and then quit after a few wks...not going to let that happen this time.

cheers

i started on mon , been having my free with 1/3 speed and 2 litres of water a day and my syns etc but had a sneaky look on scales last night and says up from monday , pretty dis-heartening

• Advertisement

cheers

i started on mon , been having my free with 1/3 speed and 2 litres of water a day and my syns etc but had a sneaky look on scales last night and says up from monday , pretty dis-heartening

I'm always heavier on a Wednesday (my weigh-in day!!) than I am on a Thursday or Friday - 3 pounds heavier, in fact. On Monday I could be 2 pounds lighter or heavier than any other day...
    Our weight fluctuates daily, which is why weighing in on the same day every week makes sense. Don't pay any attention to the scales except when you stand on the one at SW, and even then just focus on the loss - I don't torture myself by weighing every 5 minutes anymore, it did me no favours!

deisemum wrote: »
    I've got my 3rd weigh tonight and I'm dreading it. I've stuck to the diet all week and felt slimmer up until Tuesday but my stomach is so bloated and feeling uncomfortable the last couple of days and I weighed myself earlier and was up by at least 1lb which isn't a reflection of how I've stuck to the plan.

Try not to let it get you down. There are ladies in my group who always lose less, stay the same or have a slight gain the week they have their period or the week they ovulate - every woman is different. It's unusual for a woman to steadily lose the same amount of weight every week of the month because of lovely hormonal stuff. Keep drinking the water, it'll help with the bloating :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

I had a disaster of a weigh in last night, was UP 3.5lbs!!!!!!

Thought I might be up 1 or 2, but 3.5 was a shock. We were away for 4 days, I ate 95% SW, did exceed my syns on a few drinks but nothing major. Also time of the month for me.

So head firmly in place now and completely re-motivated, here is to losing that gain next week.......

Could also be water retention - drink loads this week and it should help cancel it out.

I absolutely could not weigh myself between classes- it would drive me bananas! And unless your scales cost a fortune, the likelihood is that they'll be out by a couple of pound as they get older. I've had weeks were gains just haven't made sense, but the best thing to do is to keep going, keep sticking to the plan, and you'll be sure to see the loss the following week. Trust the plan! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Stayed the same this week despite sticking to the plan.

Stick with it deisemum, a sts is better than a gain :)
    You may see a greater loss next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadMoonRising

binged the last 2 days, so annoyed with myself, couldnt even last one week! I got a low syn lunch out and decided to buy a chocolate biscuit cake slice, thinking I could have it and enjoy without binging. I did notice a couple of hours later than I felt really tired(blood sugar dropping?) and from that day I've just been on a binge cycle. Has anyone else found a way of not doing this? I know youre not supposed to ban foods coz it makes you binge but the taste of them makes me want to binge, so is banning them the only option??thanks

I eat fat free natural yogurt with my syns (chocolate or hifi bar), fills me up so I don't have the urge to binge on more choc etc.
    Honestly, not being hungry whatsoever is the only thing that keeps my chubby paw out of the biscuit barrel, the minute I'm hungry I want chocolate, so having healthy options to hand is the way forward for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I weighed in last night, I stayed the same.. I don't think I drank enough or it could be the running.. I finished week 5 of the couch to 5k and I am delighted, I managed a 20 min run with no walking! :D

On the plus side, I dropped another trouser size... I am now size 14!! I started as a size 26 :o:eek:

I am getting irritated in group with people talking to each other during image therapy... I find it so rude. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

I find if I eat chocolate or biscuits or crisps or ice-cream that I want more - both right there and then and over the rest of that day. I'm struggling with that very much at the moment and seem to be in a cycle of losses and gains - over the past 6 weeks I think I've had a net loss of 1lb - I've had a lot on so telling myself if I wasn't at SW I would have gained a stone in those 6 weeks.
    For ages after I started SW I did avoid chocolate and biscuits and filled up on fruit and yoghurt and I found I didn't crave sweet things. I also cooked all of my meals from scratch and didn't have any take-aways - I've had a few take-aways recently and again find that I want more of them.
    The main thing for me is to be able to follow the plan when I don't have things on - and so far I've been able to get back on the wagon each time I've fallen off - that's a huge achievement for me and the first time I've been able to do it.

• Advertisement

Had a whopper of a gain which sucks! I always gain weight this week in the month, but I was up 3lb. Shake it off, back on it! It's tough but it's the last leg of the journey so I'm giving myself until the end of the month to smash this.

Vahevala wrote: »
    I weighed in last night, I stayed the same.. I don't think I drank enough or it could be the running.. I finished week 5 of the couch to 5k and I am delighted, I managed a 20 min run with no walking! :D

On the plus side, I dropped another trouser size... I am now size 14!! I started as a size 26 :o:eek:

I am getting irritated in group with people talking to each other during image therapy... I find it so rude. :mad:

Yeah there's a coven like that at my group too, non-stop chat and having to be reminded when it's their turn to talk to the group :rolleyes: on Wednesday I heard them whispering that one lady 'hadn't lost much for week one' so I gave them a filthy, at least the lady herself couldn't hear but come on, if there's a time and place for that kind of bitchiness it's surely not during the image therapy part of a SW meeting...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yeah there's a coven like that at my group too, non-stop chat and having to be reminded when it's their turn to talk to the group :rolleyes: on Wednesday I heard them whispering that one lady 'hadn't lost much for week one' so I gave them a filthy, at least the lady herself couldn't hear but come on, if there's a time and place for that kind of bitchiness it's surely not during the image therapy part of a SW meeting...

God that's awful Dee. My group is great i have to say. Everyone is so supportive and our leader gives out if anyone is talking during image therapy, so fair play to her.

Thinking about it last night, I can see why people just weigh & go :( my group is crappy but it is convenient, home in 5 mins and I don't really find image therapy very inspiring.

You are lucky Andrea!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I don't think I'd do SW if it wasn't for the group. I mean the whole thing is about making people feel comfortable about their own issues. People talking slyly about others (in roughly the same boat as them!) is a complete no-no.

Sorry to hear others don't have it as handy as our group

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

That is unbelievable. I can't even imagine overhearing that - and thank God the member didn't. Our consultant is so good with people that have a small weight loss in the 1st week and there are people in the group who have experienced the same and say it took them a few weeks to get into it and start having good losses.
    I'm not enamored with our image therapy either but it's because it goes on and on and seemingly without structure. First 4 or 5 can be talking for half an hour and then suddenly there is a massive push to get the rest done in the other 20-30 mins. She knows it happens and regularly says she needs to move on more etc, etc but then it's the very same again. I haven't stayed for a good few weeks now and every week I promise myself that I will and then I don't as I know I'll be spitting fire in a while. I find it very frustrating that it's the same 4 or 5 take up all the time each week - all long-term members and all doing fine and are just telling stories - and then there are new members who probably have questions and are rushed past as time is running out.

If the class is scheduled at 5.30pm, would 6pm be the last time I could weigh in? Just wondering if I was to switch groups, if I could make that class

Vahevala wrote: »
    If the class is scheduled at 5.30pm, would 6pm be the last time I could weigh in? Just wondering if I was to switch groups, if I could make that class

Yes generally. I aim to get there 25 mins after start, so usually am on time to weigh before image therapy but sometimes have to wait til the end and weigh in with new members.

Yes generally. I aim to get there 25 mins after start, so usually am on time to weigh before image therapy but sometimes have to wait til the end and weigh in with new members.

Ok I think that group might be out then... I may try another group in Sandyford and see if it is any better than the one I am in now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Has anyone cooked many of the receipes from there site ?

Im going to try the cottage pie, Chicken Supreme and the chocolate Mouse over the wkend.

I also saw that they are launching more meals :

" What’s new?

On sale in your local Iceland from 10th June (UK)/13th June (RoI)

Beef Quarter Pounders – mouthwatering, meaty Quarterpounders flavoured with a delicious blend of herbs and spices (pack of 4)
    Thai Chicken Burgers – aromatic, gently spiced chicken burgers with coriander, chilli and lemongrass (pack of 4)
    Mediterranean Chicken Sausages – sublime chicken sausages bursting with all the flavours of the Med (pack of 6)"

I have tried the chicken tikka, sweet potato dish and the sausages and meatballs. I would recomend the tikka, meetballs and sausages - now dont get me wrong not for every day but so handy to have in the freezer if your feeling lazy / risky of going to the chipper instead :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement