Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Heyes wrote: »
    Has anyone cooked many of the receipes from there site ?

Im going to try the cottage pie, Chicken Supreme and the chocolate Mouse over the wkend.

I also saw that they are launching more meals :

" What’s new?

On sale in your local Iceland from 10th June (UK)/13th June (RoI)

Beef Quarter Pounders – mouthwatering, meaty Quarterpounders flavoured with a delicious blend of herbs and spices (pack of 4)
    Thai Chicken Burgers – aromatic, gently spiced chicken burgers with coriander, chilli and lemongrass (pack of 4)
    Mediterranean Chicken Sausages – sublime chicken sausages bursting with all the flavours of the Med (pack of 6)"

I have tried the chicken tikka, sweet potato dish and the sausages and meatballs. I would recomend the tikka, meetballs and sausages - now dont get me wrong not for every day but so handy to have in the freezer if your feeling lazy / risky of going to the chipper instead :D

I would be interested in the chicken burgers... I tried the beef, salmon and both of those weren't nice... I did like the pasta with the meatballs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Vahevala wrote: »
    If the class is scheduled at 5.30pm, would 6pm be the last time I could weigh in? Just wondering if I was to switch groups, if I could make that class

In our group there's always 1/2 that weigh in after group. So they arrive at 6 (ish), stay for group, then weigh in. I'm sure others will facilitate you too (they do want your money after all)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

We're getting Iceland vouchers next week I think but won't be using them. I make burgers myself at least once a week - mince, an oxo cube and some salt and pepper - it's not rocket science lol!! I read complaints about the other meals because the meat was sourced from somewhere like china or thailand so would put me off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Vahevala wrote: »
    If the class is scheduled at 5.30pm, would 6pm be the last time I could weigh in? Just wondering if I was to switch groups, if I could make that class

I go my 5.30 group, but i rarely make it there before 5.50pm so you have until 6pm on the dot to weigh in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

andreac wrote: »
    I go my 5.30 group, but i rarely make it there before 5.50pm so you have until 6pm on the dot to weigh in.

I probably wouldn't make it by 6 if I am honest or if I did, it may only be with 5 mins to spare if I did... I will try it out in two weeks and test it out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

tk123 wrote: »
    We're getting Iceland vouchers next week I think but won't be using them. I make burgers myself at least once a week - mince, an oxo cube and some salt and pepper - it's not rocket science lol!! I read complaints about the other meals because the meat was sourced from somewhere like china or thailand so would put me off too.

Our group never gets things like that, i also asked her to get some different bars and she said she cant get them even though i know other groups have them :( its an alright group but it could be so much better

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Heyes wrote: »
    Our group never gets things like that, i also asked her to get some different bars and she said she cant get them even though i know other groups have them :( its an alright group but it could be so much better

They're just print outs! I wonder if I could upload them here? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Day two and I'm finding this pretty easy.

Bacon, eggs and beans for brekkie, chicken breast pieces on wholewheat bread with a small bit of dairy free cheese for lunch (both healthy options in there :D ) and lots of veg, some chicken or fish, all grilled, for dinner, with some spices thrown on top.

I'm finding it difficult to use my syns, though. I'm not into chocolate or anything sweet, and I don't use milk or butter anyway. I could use it on crisps or popcorn but I don't really see the point.

Do I have to use syns?

Day two and I'm finding this pretty easy.

Bacon, eggs and beans for brekkie, chicken breast pieces on wholewheat bread with a small bit of dairy free cheese for lunch (both healthy options in there :D ) and lots of veg, some chicken or fish, all grilled, for dinner, with some spices thrown on top.

I'm finding it difficult to use my syns, though. I'm not into chocolate or anything sweet, and I don't use milk or butter anyway. I could use it on crisps or popcorn but I don't really see the point.

Do I have to use syns?

Dont forget your 1/3 speed with each meal Jenny. Only use them if you want to. But do you not like anything tasty or sweet for a treat at all?

Dont forget your 1/3 speed with each meal Jenny. Only use them if you want to. But do you not like anything tasty or sweet for a treat at all?

Oh I've been snacking on vegetables like carrots and celery aside from meals, so I think I have it kinda covered. Obviously I'll learn as I go along.

Nah I don't want anything at the moment that uses syns, but I've been told I HAVE to use at least 5 syns? Was just wondering if that's true?

Edit to add -

When I say I'm snacking on loads of sf veg, I'm doing that before my meals. So like, four raw carrots, then breakfast of a boiled egg, one grilled turkey rashers and half a mini tin of beans. I'm just not sticking all of the veg on the plate cause too big a plate of food, I wont eat, it makes me lose my appetite :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Oh I've been snacking on vegetables like carrots and celery aside from meals, so I think I have it kinda covered. Obviously I'll learn as I go along.

Nah I don't want anything at the moment that uses syns, but I've been told I HAVE to use at least 5 syns? Was just wondering if that's true?
    If you weren't losing weight you could then look at including some syns and see if that helps things along.
    Remember that the one third speed is not a minimum, it's a goal - if you're getting too much speed food and not enough free food your loss can be compromised.
    I know it's counterintuitive but that's how it works!

dee_mc wrote: »
    If you weren't losing weight you could then look at including some syns and see if that helps things along.
    Remember that the one third speed is not a minimum, it's a goal - if you're getting too much speed food and not enough free food your loss can be compromised.
    I know it's counterintuitive but that's how it works!

Christ. This is confusing. I'll know if filling up on veg and only eating free food is working on Wednesday night I guess!

You are meant to have it with your meal though. So it can be fruit or veg. 1/3 of your plate should be speed foods.
    That's how the plan works. By all means snack on speeds too but you should be having it at mealtimes.

You are meant to have it with your meal though. So it can be fruit or veg. 1/3 of your plate should be speed foods.
    That's how the plan works. By all means snack on speeds too but you should be having it at mealtimes.

I'm having it at meal times.

I edited a post to explain, but I'll try explain again :o

Seeing a full plate of food turns my stomach.

So, say I'm having brekkie at 7am.
    I'll have my speedfoods, enough to fill 1/3 of a plate. Then I'll have the rest on a saucer. So I'm eating them together, just not on the same plate :pac:

Ah ok, perfect so.

Ah ok, perfect so.

Sorry, I was being totally unclear in how I described it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

When I say I'm snacking on loads of sf veg, I'm doing that before my meals. So like, four raw carrots, then breakfast of a boiled egg, one grilled turkey rashers and half a mini tin of beans. I'm just not sticking all of the veg on the plate cause too big a plate of food, I wont eat, it makes me lose my appetite :pac:

Turkey rashers have syns because of the way they're processed, this was explained in class last night.

deisemum wrote: »
    Turkey rashers have syns because of the way they're processed, this was explained in class last night.

Crap. Checked it with my sister and she said they were grand because the ones I got were less than 2% fat. I'll check it out for sure on Wednesday and replace them with blueberries til then :D

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

It's down to how it's processed and not the fat content which is disappointing as I love them. We were told lean rashers are better as they're syn free. There are brands of turkey rashers in the UK that are syn free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Crap. Checked it with my sister and she said they were grand because the ones I got were less than 2% fat. I'll check it out for sure on Wednesday and replace them with blueberries til then :D

Thank you

Sure have them and syn them, if you're having trouble using syns! If you don't use syns on snacks then why not add a little to meals, i.e. a bit of extra light mayo/ketchup/sweet chilli (1 syn), soft noodles with a stir fry (2 syns) etc

• Advertisement

Dolbert wrote: »
    Sure have them and syn them, if you're having trouble using syns! If you don't use syns on snacks then why not add a little to meals, i.e. a bit of extra light mayo/ketchup/sweet chilli (1 syn), soft noodles with a stir fry (2 syns) etc

Yeah, if I cant find things I like enough to use as syns, I'll start using sauces. :)

Didnt know if I HAD to use them or not, but I'll see how I get on and chat to the ladies on Wednesday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The idea is that it's better to use them as it's good to have some fat in your diet. A little avocado or olive oil would be a handy way to do it, especially if you won't be eating chocolate etc!

Dolbert wrote: »
    The idea is that it's better to use them as it's good to have some fat in your diet. A little avocado or olive oil would be a handy way to do it, especially if you won't be eating chocolate etc!

Hmm. Avocado is a good idea. I don't like chocolate, cake, biscuits or ice cream (I'm a failure of a woman) and want to totally avoid crisps because I can't do moderation with crisps.

So avocado or coconut oil might work.

Thanks! You're all very helpful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Could I ask you Slimking World experts a few questions! I'm giving the programme a go using books I have from when I tried before (but only went for 2 weeks because then I was pregnant!) but j can't really afford meetings so trying by myself.

Can anyone tell me f the Aldi yogurts that are like muller lights are free?

Also, are you meant To have the third super free with every meal or just main meal? I'm not great at fruit or salad but love veg, but I reckon getting in a third at breakfast might be tricky if I'm meant to do that. Wasn't sure if that's only essential at main meal or all meals?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

It's 1/3 of your 3 main meals. For breakfast it's usually fruit for me. The only time I have veg is if we have a fry at the weekend (rasher medallions, poached egg, beans and a mix of tomatoes (from a can), onions, peppers and mushrooms

Dunno about the exact yoghurt you're talking about but I get the 'Greek style' fat free yoghurts in Aldi all the time as they're free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Thanks Dodge. Had mushrooms this morning so will just have to get my thinking cap on for a few options esp for breakfast for the third super free.

Oh I like those yogurts too so wil get them. The ones I'm talking about are likeMuller Lights, sold individually in a bigger carton than the normal yogurt. They're vanilla, toffee, banana etc flavours. The muller ones are free but when I googled I got different answers as to whether the aldi ones were as well.

Silly socks no, they aren't all free. If you Google aldi yoghurts slimming world you should find them. Don't think they are high though, maybe half a syn or a syn at most. But the Greek style fat free are free.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

sillysocks wrote: »
    Thanks Dodge. Had mushrooms this morning so will just have to get my thinking cap on for a few options esp for breakfast for the third super free.

Oh I like those yogurts too so wil get them. The ones I'm talking about are likeMuller Lights, sold individually in a bigger carton than the normal yogurt. They're vanilla, toffee, banana etc flavours. The muller ones are free but when I googled I got different answers as to whether the aldi ones were as well.

I have poached eggs on spinach with poached eggs on my healthy b bread and cherry tomatoes. it's awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

tk123 wrote: »

Re Iceland vouchers, all consultants will/should have 4 vouchers per member next week or week after - each one gets you 2 meals for €6.50, and they're all suitable for use when following the SP plan too.
    I won't be using my vouchers, so if anyone wants them just shout: I'll be happy to post them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

So I've been all over the place since my op. I'm making all my dinners on plan but trying to keep my syns under 15 has been almost impossible. I even skipped group on Monday because my blood pressure was low and I wasnreally dizzy. To make matters worse I've had an unmercifully craving for beer! I've drank 4 times since I started SW and that never really bothered me as I got all my crazy drinking out of the way in college but tonight I'm seriously fighting the urge to have pizza after way too manny bottles of Heineken. I'm really going to regret this on Monday!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement