Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Oh that's tough Wellyd!
    Maybe you just need to get it out of your system, go for the blowout on condition you'll be back on plan tomorrow morning?
    Although I know some people find it hard to be good when hungover!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

dee_mc wrote: »
    Oh that's tough Wellyd!
    Maybe you just need to get it out of your system, go for the blowout on condition you'll be back on plan tomorrow morning?
    Although I know some people find it hard to be good when hungover!

Oh god dee I'm in a nightclub! 26 and still no sense! Back on plan Monday! But on a positive note I feel deadly! Confidence is AMAZING!

Enjoy it girl, we all need the odd night off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I went out for dinner tonight so hopefully I made reasonably good choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cookie2015

How does 'Slimmer of the week/month' get decided on or how does it work?

• Advertisement

cookie2015 wrote: »
    How does 'Slimmer of the week/month' get decided on or how does it work?

Highest weight loss of a member who also lost or maintained weight the previous week.
    I'm not sure re Slimmer of the Month, think it's the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I think you have to stay in group for both weeks too. Definitely for the 2nd week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Yep you have to stay for group to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Up half a pound over 2 weeks. I'm actually thrilled that it's only half a pound and not half a stone. Finally back to myself after 2 weeks all over the place. Looking forward to getting myself back on plan and plowing away to target!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Hi All,

Just starting this today and doing it online for a few reasons so figure I might pop along here for the "group effect" :) I think I have gotten an idea of how to do it but I am not sure. I was previously on WW so pasta, noodles etc were all high in points but they are free now? So if I had fruit and yoghurt for breaskfast and pasta with peppers, onion, chicken with Cajun spice and fat free Fromage frais have I still all my syns? Seems so confusing and unrestricting!!

Also am not a huge veg fan but as my breaskfast was 90% fruit and dinner will be chicken and veg stirfry I assume that's ok for the 1/3 a day thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

polydactyl wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just starting this today and doing it online for a few reasons so figure I might pop along here for the "group effect" :) I think I have gotten an idea of how to do it but I am not sure. I was previously on WW so pasta, noodles etc were all high in points but they are free now? So if I had fruit and yoghurt for breaskfast and pasta with peppers, onion, chicken with Cajun spice and fat free Fromage frais have I still all my syns? Seems so confusing and unrestricting!!

Also am not a huge veg fan but as my breaskfast was 90% fruit and dinner will be chicken and veg stirfry I assume that's ok for the 1/3 a day thing?

No syns at all have been used if you eat that. Although the fruit would have to be fresh (not cooked) and the yogurt would have to be fat free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

polydactyl wrote: »
    Hi All,

Its not 1/3 a day, its 1/3 speed foods with each meal. You need to make sure that your food is def free or syn free, as not all fat free products are syn free, so just be careful.

Forget about WW altogether as it is a totally different plan.

Also remember to have both your Healthy A and B option everyday, as they are your calcium and fibre allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I've noticed that in our group the people who do best have never tried WW or other diet types. It can take a while to believe that you can eat as much pasta, potatoes, rice, chicken, beef etc as you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Heyes wrote: »
    No syns at all have been used if you eat that. Although the fruit would have to be fresh (not cooked) and the yogurt would have to be fat free.

Hi, thanks. Fruit was fresh and a free Mille light youghurt. Adding a stir fry blue dragon to my dinner so that was 3 and snack a jacks were 4.5 after that. So think that's ok for today. The 1/3 speed foods may be my downfall.

Will have my HEB later. I hope I am not hindered by WW :) have the app so checking everything I go to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

Spent well over an hour trying to make homemade slimming world pizza using smash and eggs as the base. Tastes like muck. So tired now and all I want is pizza. So tempted to ring the take away

Spent well over an hour trying to make homemade slimming world pizza using smash and eggs as the base. Tastes like muck. So tired now and all I want is pizza. So tempted to ring the take away

should try making it with a tortilla wrap. It's lovely. You just syn the wrap it use one that can be used as your healthy b.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Last week I pizza for my birthday (with all the extras) and put on 3 pounds. A bit scary how easy it is to ruin the week now compared to when I started out and could have a few cheats along the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

This week will be a flexi week as I have a friend over from the UK so I will take the gain :D

I am thinking hard about switching to online membership when my countdown expires, the only thing that worries me is the reliability of the scales... maybe I just should not bother arriving to my cliquey class at 7.30 and go just before the class starts instead... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

tk123 wrote: »
    Last week I pizza for my birthday (with all the extras) and put on 3 pounds. A bit scary how easy it is to ruin the week now compared to when I started out and could have a few cheats along the way!

I had a smallish slice of a four star pizza yesterday and looked it up- looking at up to 12 syns per slice! :eek: :eek: :eek: Never again- cauliflower pizza all the way! Didn't even have allowance for a packet of Snax!

• Advertisement

would highly recommend the chicken supreme, and the cottage pie (containing tomatoes) from the SW website, both were gorgeous. !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I switched classes so went last night instead of tomorrow and was down half a pound, when I stood on the scales is initially showed 1lb down but then went to half a pound. 11lbs down in almost 4 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

One week in, myself and one sister are half a stone down each, youngest sister is 4lbs down :)

3lbs down last night, delighted !!! It was floating on 2.5 to 3 but landed on 3 haha.

Well done with all the losses peeps!! Im back at class tonight as i missed last week. Felt huge yesterday, but did a good session at the gym last night and feel much better today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Started back properly after my baby. 7lb down in two weeks!

I maintained this week! Happy enough, I ate cake the other day outside of my syns, hoping for a loss next week anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

Down half a pound this week. Happy enough as its star week. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Poo - I forgot my lunch!!

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote: »
    Poo - I forgot my lunch!!

Ah no, not good. Can you pop to shop to get something healthy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement