Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I was up 2 :mad:

Ah well, my own fault really, but thought i had pulled it back after last week, but obv not. Back on track now so hoping for 2 or 3 lbs loss for next week.

Really going to put as much as i can in to it and keep my syns as low as possible. The weekend is the killer as will prob be out for dinner once or twice.

Going on hols 8th August so i want to be down a few lbs at least by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

andreac wrote: »
    Ah no, not good. Can you pop to shop to get something healthy?

Yeah we have a salad bar in work - which can be hit and miss sometimes just full of stuff smothered in mayo or I can pick something up in Blanch. I was tempted to get a subway salad for a treat but would miss my ranch dressing! :p Pity I didn't forget it yesterday because they have a 'chop shop' in the canteen with huge fancy salads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

I was up 2 :mad:

Ah well, my own fault really, but thought i had pulled it back after last week, but obv not. Back on track now so hoping for 2 or 3 lbs loss for next week.

Really going to put as much as i can in to it and keep my syns as low as possible. The weekend is the killer as will prob be out for dinner once or twice.

Going on hols 8th August so i want to be down a few lbs at least by then.

Try not to disheartened, you know you can do it - have a think about what you ate last week, did you snack more than you thought ? Did you drink enough water ?

tk123 wrote: »
    Poo - I forgot my lunch!!

Im working at home where the biscuits are :eek::eek::eek::eek: temptation is not always good :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Heyes wrote: »
    Try not to disheartened, you know you can do it - have a think about what you ate last week, did you snack more than you thought ? Did you drink enough water ?

Oh i know why alright, lol. I had a weekend with my bridesmaids the weekend before last and drank loads of Prosecco and dinners out etc, so i know 100% why im up.

• Advertisement

Oh i know why alright, lol. I had a weekend with my bridesmaids the weekend before last and drank loads of Prosecco and dinners out etc, so i know 100% why im up.

hahaha at least you had a good time ;) then i wouldnt worry you ll be down again in no time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I'm not looking forward to tonight. Had a pretty big gain last week and was away on the weekend which won't have helped. 2 big gains in 2 weeks - I'm shaking to think!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

next weigh in tonight, was up 0.5 last week for no reason at all and i stuck to the plan!!

do many other people experience weeks like this?

mrmorgan wrote: »
    next weigh in tonight, was up 0.5 last week for no reason at all and i stuck to the plan!!

do many other people experience weeks like this?

I've had a few and found it very frustrating tbh!!

Anyways for anyone looking for lunch ideas I got 3 of the little snack packs of sushi in m&s - €1.50 each and 1 syn each. I'd normally have 2 ryvita with my lunch so I'm only 1 syn up and had a treat of sushi :D

Oh I love those little sushi packs! The chicken and veg one is only 1 syn too, it's €2.85 but really good! I'd usually pick up 1 of them and 2 of the €1.50 ones- yum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

mejulie805 wrote: »
    I'm not looking forward to tonight. Had a pretty big gain last week and was away on the weekend which won't have helped. 2 big gains in 2 weeks - I'm shaking to think!

2 gains in a row would suck but at least you know exactly how to dial it back - life gets in the way sometimes, I reacted like a toddler to my STS yesterday (even though I felt fine with it at the time) by having a big, doorty sesame seed roll with butter (butter!) and cajun chicken, and a small but significant piece of rhubarb tart, then later 2 slices of cheese. Syns agogo, veg free zone, to my credit I did scoff a load of melon too but yeah, that was my blow out!
    And just for the sake of confusion, weighed myself this morning (on my own scales) and was 2.5lb lighter than I was on my own scales yesterday morning. Befuddled.

tk123 wrote: »
    I've had a few and found it very frustrating tbh!!

Anyways for anyone looking for lunch ideas I got 3 of the little snack packs of sushi in m&s - €1.50 each and 1 syn each. I'd normally have 2 ryvita with my lunch so I'm only 1 syn up and had a treat of sushi :D

this sounds interesting, how many sushi in them?

mrmorgan wrote: »
    this sounds interesting, how many sushi in them?

The ones I got had 4 small veggie rolls and one bigger tuna roll - like tuna a mayo not raw. It's 1.5 syns per 100g and these ones are 81g. Glad I got it because it gives me and idea of how many rolls I could have now next time I'm in town and near the sushi place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

Hi everyone I'm new here :)

I was just wondering can someone tell me the syns in this, is it 7? Also the strawberry fat free one. Thank you x

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

Down half a pound this week. Happy enough as its star week. Ugh.

What's a star week

What's a star week

The week you have your period! In some SW groups people don't like saying period or time of the month or whatever and so the phrase 'star week' was born :D

Eemia wrote: »
    Hi everyone I'm new here :)

I was just wondering can someone tell me the syns in this, is it 7? Also the strawberry fat free one. Thank you x

The strawberry one is free but I can't find the vanilla one on the SW website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Thank god for cooking in bulk and freezing! Just dug out some speedy bolognese and saved myself a trip to dominos! Seriously that company's profits must be seriously down since I joined SW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Down another pound this week :) I can't seem to stop snacking lately... My husband and I are also off on our first baby-free weekend tomorrow but I'm intending to stay (reasonably!) on plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Haha dolbert snap!! we have a wedding the weekend stay over in a hotel with a buffet Breakfast after a hangover, syn city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Haven't posted in a while, I was up 3.5lbs last week, but knew why, was away for bank holiday and it was star week

Weighed in last night and was down 4lbs. Total weight loss to date 3stone 2lbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cookie2015

was down half a pound this wk, not great for my second wk but I had 3 days at the wkend filled with a wedding, drink, takeaways and all nice things so I just had no discipline. Hoping for a good wkend this wk.. and a better loss next wk! I really need to stop and think long term before shoving something into my mouth!!

STS last night- I'll take it :)

Now to get this target- 4.5lb to go. And to think I was going to change it! Again! :pac:

I heard before that when someone weighed in and said they were on their period, the consultant would put a * beside their name to note it (back when they didnt have fancy touch screens!) so marking it with a star made it star week!

weigh in last night, was down 4 Pounds. the extra bit of speed food helped I think

approaching my 2 stone now :)

I dont know what is wrong with me this week, all i want to do is eat ! and unfortunately all the bad things ! The biscuits have now hit the bin so hopefully i can crawl back from a disaster of week before Tuesday haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I was off plan from last Monday - Thursday eating out for lunch & dinner every day and drinking numerous bottles of coors light and eating a lot of chips! I weighed in on Thursday and put 1.5 lbs on... delighted with that.

I am back on plan from yesterday and went straight back to my couch to 5k, last day of week 6 is tomorrow morning! I feel great being back on plan...hopefully I can shift what I put on next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Went to my class this week and found out I sts. I was expecting to be down but looked in my diary and my period was due. I am trying to have a good a week as possible I want to be down next week. At this stage my next award is 3 stone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Had a great weekend down in Kerry, we ate, drank and enjoyed great weather! I was too busy enjoying myself to be truly 'on plan' but I didn't go nuts and made good choices most of the time, plus I got loads of exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 micktheman2015

Does slimming world really work ? im 29 5 foot 11 and 17 stone 10 , i dont eat much and of late have been watching what i eat , sometimes eating less than 500 calories a day but im still putting weight on, think about ten pounds so far this year, what am i doing wrong and can slimming world help ?

• Advertisement

Does slimming world really work ? im 29 5 foot 11 and 17 stone 10 , i dont eat much and of late have been watching what i eat , sometimes eating less than 500 calories a day but im still putting weight on, think about ten pounds so far this year, what am i doing wrong and can slimming world help ?

If you have unexplained weight loss you should pop along to your doctor for a check up, set your mind at rest.
    But yeah, Slimming World can help, particularly with the bits I've put in bold - I always said 'I don't eat much, I can't look at food without putting weight on, I must have a very slow metabolism' etc etc but I was eating aaaaalllll the wrong things, and tiny amounts of the 'right' things, thinking that was the magic formula to weight loss (genuinely made sense at the time). So basically starving my body of nutrients, but with plenty of 'treats' and even 'healthy treats' like dried fruit, nuts etc which I treated as health foods and had no idea of the real nutritional value of them.
    SW has re-educated me when it comes to food, and changed the way I think when doing my shopping or filling a plate - I have never eaten more in my life, I get hungry at regular intervals for the first time since I was a child, I rarely crave crap foods now...
    Try Slimming World, give it a month, follow it by the book (even though, like most of us, you'll be thinking 'there's no way this can work') and see where you are in four weeks time.
    It's a great plan, I think you'll really enjoy it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement