Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Even though I had a (completely unexplainable) gain last week I went shopping today and was completely astounded to fit into a 30" pair of jeans, only tried them on as my daughter brought them into the changing room! I've tried looking online and what I gather a size 30" are a 12, can anyone confirm that?
    Also tried on a size 8 jumper my daughter bought in penny's and let's just say I'll be borrowing it from her! Granted it's a very loose batwing style top but I'm still delighted!

Determined to get my third stone in the next month ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Yes mlady, 30 inch jeans fit a size 12! Congrats!

dee_mc wrote: »
    Yes mlady, 30 inch jeans fit a size 12! Congrats!

Thanks dee_mc, I'm thrilled! In fairness they are stretchy so I don't want to be too happy, as I could be sorely disappointed should I try something else on in a 12! Regardless I never bought something so quick in my life lol. Now I just need to understand why I had a gain last week :(

Don't fret too much about the occasional gain or maintain. Often it can be attributed to retaining fluid because of where you are in your menstrual cycle, not drinking enough water, not quite getting the one third speed with every meal, exercising more than previous weeks, or even being 'too good', as in, restricting your calorie intake too much so that your body holds on tight to the weight you're trying to lose. Don't let it get you down, keep at it and the chances are you'll have a bigger loss next week to compensate!

Thank you Dee_mc, appreciate that.. Was feeling a bit scared that it had stopped working for me, but I'll keep at it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

hi. I joined SW a month ago. First week I was down 31/2lb, second week stayed the same (I know why), this week up 1/2lb (again I know why. I am surprised it wasn't more). I am hoping to be back on track this week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Best of luck. I've been away for a couple of weeks and ate nothing but ****e while away. Well ****e and great bread but still not great. We'll see what Monday's weigh says but back into it now

Did stuff on holiday I'd have never thought of a year ago. Really greta to enjoy the benefits of 4 stone gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I think I will try to cut back on my syns, I feel a bit frustrated that my losses are going like a snail so as I have a maximum of maybe a stone to go, I need something to kickstart me...so six syns today.

The water didn't happen today as I was so busy... tomorrow is another day.

I am the same, I swore I'd drink 2 litres of water a day last week, I'd be lucky if I got a glass in this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've booked a holiday today for next April so I need to get serious and I'm aiming to get 21/2 to 3 stones off. That's 35 weeks to achieve that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Red_Apple

Wow, I'm in awe at some of the losses here. Amazing! I joined sw last week. It's slowly coming back to me but I'm at a bit of a loss for what to eat at breakfast. I'm on holidays at the moment from work so I can take my time but next week I'll be back at work and my little boy will be in school so it will be a lot busier.

So what is your favourite breakfast when you're running out the door? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I'm joining Slimming World tomorrow. Not really sure what to expect, I've done WeightWatchers a few times - never a success, but I did find the weekly weigh-ins helpful, really keeps you motivated. So I'm looking forward to this. I'm also doing it with a friend, who's had great success with it, and I'm looking forward to the social aspect of meeting new people locally too. :)

Red_Apple wrote: »

I eat 2 alpen lights (or more usually the benefit bars from Aldi), a syn free yoghurt (muller light or fat-free greek style from Aldi) and some fruit (stramberries, apples, mandarins etc).

The bars are my Healthy extra Bs for the day

When I'm more organised (or when my missus is more organised if I'm honest), we do the overnight oats. That's layers of porridge oats (up to 35g), yoghurt (as above) and berries

BTW weighed in today after 2 weeks away. Down 2. I'm stunned

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Down 3.5 today. Amazed as have been drinking every night since Wednesday. However, it was a morning weigh in and normally I go in the evening so that probably accounted for some. I did though drink an insane amount of water to flush all the alcohol out (I knew it was going to be a tough week!!). No more booze now until some vino on Saturday for x factor. I know, I'm a sap!!

Good luck everyone for this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Are black bean sauce dishes with boiled rice out of a Chinese 7 syns ?

I'm joining Slimming World tomorrow. Not really sure what to expect, I've done WeightWatchers a few times - never a success, but I did find the weekly weigh-ins helpful, really keeps you motivated. So I'm looking forward to this. I'm also doing it with a friend, who's had great success with it, and I'm looking forward to the social aspect of meeting new people locally too. :)

Quick question, is there some sort of referral bonus for the friend that recommended SW to me? Like a free class or something? And does she have to be there with me on the day to avail of it (she probably won't be there tomorrow.)

She thinks she's heard of something to that effect but isn't sure of the details, obviously I want to make sure to get it for her if I can!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Quick question, is there some sort of referral bonus for the friend that recommended SW to me? Like a free class or something? And does she have to be there with me on the day to avail of it (she probably won't be there tomorrow.)

She thinks she's heard of something to that effect but isn't sure of the details, obviously I want to make sure to get it for her if I can!

Yeah there is, if you bring a new member along to class you get a free week. I don't know how it works but my leader mentions it every now and again.

Yay... After my unexplained gain of 1.5 lbs last week I lost 3 lbs this week, delighted.
    Also realised that I'm only 3 lbs away from my first target, though I will extend it by another stone maybe, depends how I feel, my partner doesn't think I'd need to lose another stone, but I will see when I get closer!

Good luck to all weighing in this week :)

deisemum wrote: »
    Yeah there is, if you bring a new member along to class you get a free week. I don't know how it works but my leader mentions it every now and again.

I think I remember a space for the person's name who referred you on the form I filled in on my first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Red_Apple wrote: »
    Wow, I'm in awe at some of the losses here. Amazing! I joined sw last week. It's slowly coming back to me but I'm at a bit of a loss for what to eat at breakfast. I'm on holidays at the moment from work so I can take my time but next week I'll be back at work and my little boy will be in school so it will be a lot busier.

I always have a tub of egg muffins in the fridge for when I'm rushing in the morning or just as a snack, I fill silicone muffin cases with mushroom, spinach, tomato and scallion. few bits of smoked bacon if I fancy it, then mix eggs with half quark half cottage cheese and bake for 15 mins, really handy and filling. To make 12 I use 6 eggs 1/14 tub of quark and same of cottage cheese. :)

• Advertisement

Wife won a copy of the magazine today. Has about 6/7 (US) southern style recipes. Every one looks delicious. Can't wait to try them all. Genuinely my mouth was watering!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Dodge wrote: »
    Wife won a copy of the magazine today. Has about 6/7 (US) southern style recipes. Every one looks delicious. Can't wait to try them all. Genuinely my mouth was watering!

Scan them and e mail them over !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Up 4, no biggie. Back on the horse and off we go again.

Finally starting back training this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fionnghuala

I'm so bad at posting...It's such a pity there isn't a boards app! Down 15Ibs as of last Thursday. Thinking about trying SP before I go back to college. Would anyone recommend/not recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'm so bad at posting...It's such a pity there isn't a boards app! Down 15Ibs as of last Thursday. Thinking about trying SP before I go back to college. Would anyone recommend/not recommend it?

Well you have the touch site and I think there IS an app lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fionnghuala

tk123 wrote: »
    Well you have the touch site and I think there IS an app lol :pac:

Oops, sorry for my mistake! :/

Was very impressed with my first SW class, it's way different than WeightWatchers! I actually like the fact that it's so structured, I think it'll suit me.

I'm pretty sure my first weeks food diary will be pretty boring, I'm basically planning on batch-cooking a tonne of passata and veg, and I'll have that on its own or with tuna or chicken or mince, for my lunches and dinners. Still not sure about breakfasts, but I'll figure something out!

I can actually see this becoming a lifestyle rather than a diet for me, I'm loving the flexibility. And the leader and class were lovely, lots of positivity! Looking forward to next week already ... fingers crossed for a big Week 1 loss!

I'm sure I'll be back posting here in the next few days with tonnes of questions!! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I joined back last Wednesday. All going good but I am sitting in work after having my lunch starving - dizzy with the hunger.

so headed to the shop determined to buy something that wasn't crisps or chocolate. I seen those mugs shots that everyone raves about on SW.

Happy day, off back to the office. OMG they are revolting, absolutely disgusting. they taste of nothing but chemical and preservatives.

Water and black coffee for the afternoon so

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

John Mason wrote: »
    I joined back last Wednesday. All going good but I am sitting in work after having my lunch starving - dizzy with the hunger.

so headed to the shop determined to buy something that wasn't crisps or chocolate. I seen those mugs shots that everyone raves about on SW.

Happy day, off back to the office. OMG they are revolting, absolutely disgusting. they taste of nothing but chemical and preservatives.

Water and black coffee for the afternoon so

Which mugshot did you get? I got ones in a box like cup a soup which I hated. But I like the one that it's a plastic cup thing like a pot noodle. There is also one in a large sachet which I liked too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

The sooner people stop associating a number on the scales as being in good shape or healthy, the sooner these gimmick diets will die. I've being trying to talk my mother and sister out of a similar like crash diet, because thats all they are, crash diets, a temporary diet that you will not maintain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement