Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

The sooner people stop associating a number on the scales as being in good shape or healthy, the sooner these gimmick diets will die. I've being trying to talk my mother and sister out of a similar like crash diet, because thats all they are, crash diets, a temporary diet that you will not maintain.

The sooner people do some research before posting crap like this the sooner posts like yours will die.

Today I had/will be having
    Quinoa porridge with yogurt and fruit for breakfast
    Chicken Salad for lunch
    Stir fry and rice for dinner
    Plenty of fruit for snacks

yeah I don't think I'll be able to maintain this crash diet at all :eek::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The sooner people stop associating a number on the scales as being in good shape or healthy, the sooner these gimmick diets will die. I've being trying to talk my mother and sister out of a similar like crash diet, because thats all they are, crash diets, a temporary diet that you will not maintain.

Please explain how three meals a day, with unlimited protein, carbs and veg plus optional extras is a crash diet

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Sparkles27 wrote: »
    Which mugshot did you get? I got ones in a box like cup a soup which I hated. But I like the one that it's a plastic cup thing like a pot noodle. There is also one in a large sachet which I liked too.

it was a sachet of minestrone soup.
    I can still taste it.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

John Mason wrote: »
    it was a sachet of minestrone soup.
    I can still taste it.

I never had that one so I can't comment. If you like tomato and herb try the one that's in the pot noodle type cup.
    If i'm a bit peckish i might have a small tin of spaghetti hoops but i can't do that at work cos we don't have a microwave.

Hopefully the coffee will take the edge off so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I made SW diet cola chicken with brown rice for lunch today, it was delicious and my husband and children loved it. I used a variety of vegetables in it and it looked as good as it tasted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

You clearly have no clue about Slimming World then!! Ignorance is bliss eh...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Red_Apple

tk123 wrote: »
    Quinoa porridge with yogurt and fruit for breakfast

How do you make quinoa porridge please? Is it free or a heb?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Red_Apple wrote: »
    How do you make quinoa porridge please? Is it free or a heb?

https://kerryswift23.wordpress.com/2014/12/01/recipe-syn-free-quinoa-porridge/

Personally i'd add some sweetner to that as well.

Weigh in day tomorrow, not really sure where I stand.. I need to lose 1lb to get my 5 &1/2 stone award so praying I get that! I am heading away for a few days so will take the inevitable gain when I come back, I will try and be good where I can, not stress if I can't and move on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Vahevala wrote: »
    Weigh in day tomorrow, not really sure where I stand.. I need to lose 1lb to get my 5 &1/2 stone award so praying I get that! I am heading away for a few days so will take the inevitable gain when I come back, I will try and be good where I can, not stress if I can't and move on :)

I don't pray but good luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Haha you're right- instead of crash diets, we should educate ourselves about food, what to eat in moderation, what can be eaten plentifully, what limits need to be set on sugary and fatty foods, and the importance of fresh produce.

Oh wait! Isn't that exactly what we're doing :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    This isn't Lipotrim, Herbalife, or even 5:2. Go post in After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

any idea the syns of butter ?

little ones you'd get in coffee shop

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

10g is 3.5 syns and I think that's about the size of those packs

25g of butter is 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Down another pound and a half, yay! So that's a total loss of 4 stone 9 and a half pounds. 7 and a half pounds to target.
    Spent an entertaining evening trawling through hundreds of photos to try and find 'before' pics for my woman of the year board thingy, found some suitably awful ones but I'm beginning to realise I was quite brilliant at the camera dodging all those years - at a family wedding last year I was in ONE picture. Looking forward to being bridesmaid in January, hopefully will be at target by then and not running away from cameras!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

dee_mc wrote: »
    Down another pound and a half, yay! So that's a total loss of 4 stone 9 and a half pounds. 7 and a half pounds to target.
    Spent an entertaining evening trawling through hundreds of photos to try and find 'before' pics for my woman of the year board thingy, found some suitably awful ones but I'm beginning to realise I was quite brilliant at the camera dodging all those years - at a family wedding last year I was in ONE picture. Looking forward to being bridesmaid in January, hopefully will be at target by then and not running away from cameras!

I know the feeling. I joined this in January after looking at my Christmas photos. I was always a bit big, but when i saw these photos i was shocked. I'm only 19 and I was 15ST 7lb.:eek: It was ridiculous, i am know 13 stones, and i hope to be 12st by Christmas.

I know the feeling. I joined this in January after looking at my Christmas photos. I was always a bit big, but when i saw these photos i was shocked. I'm only 19 and I was 15ST 7lb.:eek: It was ridiculous, i am know 13 stones, and i hope to be 12st by Christmas.

Similar story here, I was 15 stone 2 (shocked, thought I was around 13) at first weigh-in. It was a video that made me realise how big I'd become - remember the Ice Bucket Challenge for MND this time last year? That was my turning point.
    Congrats on how well you've done, you must be very proud. You'll be asking for money and vouchers for Christmas presents to refill that wardrobe with lovely new things!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Similar story here, I was 15 stone 2 (shocked, thought I was around 13) at first weigh-in. It was a video that made me realise how big I'd become - remember the Ice Bucket Challenge for MND this time last year? That was my turning point.
    Congrats on how well you've done, you must be very proud. You'll be asking for money and vouchers for Christmas presents to refill that wardrobe with lovely new things!!

Yep, I didn't realise how big i was at all. Its only after doing slimming world that you realise badly you eat. i use to eat loads of biscuits/bars/tea with suger ect and not think about how bad i ate. I still ate loads of fruit but didn't matter because of the treats.

Now i don't even think about biscuits, I have my daily fix of a 100Calorie twix. Thats it for sweets, and it keeps me on the straight and narrow. I diet is so clean now, and i feel great. My mam buys maybe 2 packets of biscuits a week or my brothers, and spends the money saved from other treats, on extra fruit, which still isn't enough.

My parents are going to buy me a good few bits of clothes when i reach my target weight. I have also been working as a labourer on my dads jobs so i have a fair bit of money to buy new clothes with for college ect.

Its great when all my jeans, polo tops and zippies are to big, the only thing is, it costs a fortune to replace.

Yep, I didn't realise how big i was at all. Its only after doing slimming world that you realise badly you eat. i use to eat loads of biscuits/bars/tea with suger ect and not think about how bad i ate. I still ate loads of fruit but didn't matter because of the treats.

Now i don't even think about biscuits, I have my daily fix of a 100Calorie twix. Thats it for sweets, and it keeps me on the straight and narrow. I diet is so clean now, and i feel great. My mam buys maybe 2 packets of biscuits a week or my brothers, and spends the money saved from other treats, on extra fruit, which still isn't enough.

My parents are going to buy me a good few bits of clothes when i reach my target weight. I have also been working as a labourer on my dads jobs so i have a fair bit of money to buy new clothes with for college ect.

Its great when all my jeans, polo tops and zippies are to big, the only thing is, it costs a fortune to replace.

Yeah I'm the same with the clothes, I'm a girl so I'm finding it very expensive to buy new bras every month or so, and new jeans every 6 weeks... Penneys all the way for me until I reach target!
    It's great to have family support, sounds very dramatic to say it but you can't do this without cooperation and support from the people you're close to IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Went to a wedding recently. I had bought a decent suit last August for in laws wedding and it was swimming on me. Genuinely it looked ridiculous

So I had to buy a new suit.

Luckily for men there's not too many sizes in most clothes so dropping down though them takes a fair bit longer than women

Dodge wrote: »
    Went to a wedding recently. I had bought a decent suit last August for in laws wedding and it was swimming on me. Genuinely it looked ridiculous

So I had to buy a new suit.

Luckily for men there's not too many sizes in most clothes so dropping down though them takes a fair bit longer than women

I have spent more money on underwear in the past 11 and a half months than I did in the previous 29 years, no exaggeration - dropping 5 dress sizes and entirely changing shape is wonderful but damn expensive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Lost 2lb today, thats 3st 4.5lb since 9th of January. I'm the same with clothes, down 4 dress sizes but every 2 weeks I sort through my wardrobe and get rid of anything too big, when I have a bag full I go to the charity shop with it and pick up new jeans and a couple new tops while I'm there, I refuse to spend decent money on clothes till I stop having to replace them every month

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Down 1lb today, 18.5lbs down since joining SW.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,508 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

joined back last night, was very bold over the summer, first aim is to loose a stone by october, well done to everyone on the fantastic losses

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Haven't posted in a while, been very busy. Was up 5 after hols a few weeks ago as I mentioned before. Was down 1, then last week lost 5, this week lost 1.5. Total loss to date 3 stone 8.5 lbs.

Target weight now seems very near, 15.5 lbs. Going to focus on 2 lbs for next week which will bring me back into the 14 stone area!!!!! Haven't seen that since before I got married 15 years ago.

So happy! I lost 2 lbs and got my 5 & 1/2 stone award tonight. That makes it 7 stone 6.5 lbs down in total. So thankful that I found Slimming World :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Some serious losses folks. Well done keep it up. I'm 7 pounds to target. I've lost 17 pounds and the difference in my clothes is unreal. I've invested in new clothes. For those of you who are closer to targets would any of you consider being measured for bras and maybe availing of a personal shopper in somewhere like Debnahams. It's just an idea as your body will have changed so much. Previously we might have hid behind clothes so now new figures need to be shown off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Up 3 pounds. Ate bread and chocolate cookies all week. I just felt that I was sick of it! And needed a break as I've been doing this for months and months! Feel like I just can't keep doing it. Can't believe one could gain 3 pounds in a week that's crazy.ðŸªðŸª

STS this week which I wasn't expecting- was in Edinburgh last weekend, drinking beer and eating copious amounts of white bread! Guess all that walking worked though- was very aware I needed to rein it in! Delighted but still 3 ruddy points to target- same story since flipping Easter :( Off to Arnotts at lunch to get a fancy magnum :pac:

mejulie805 wrote: »
    STS this week which I wasn't expecting- was in Edinburgh last weekend, drinking beer and eating copious amounts of white bread! Guess all that walking worked though- was very aware I needed to rein it in! Delighted but still 3 ruddy points to target- same story since flipping Easter :( Off to Arnotts at lunch to get a fancy magnum :pac:

Congrats on the STS, but I think the Swanky Magnum Emporium closed last week (someone mentioned buying me one for my birthday then said 'oh wait, it'll be gone by then')

• Advertisement

Congrats on the STS, but I think the Swanky Magnum Emporium closed last week (someone mentioned buying me one for my birthday then said 'oh wait, it'll be gone by then')

I did think I missed it but saw it open this week! So to be safe I tweeted Arnotts (it better be as good as I'm imagining!)

https://twitter.com/ArnottsDublin/status/635814902226124800

So you're still owed one until Sunday! Happy birthday!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement