Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

mejulie805 wrote: »
    I did think I missed it but saw it open this week! So to be safe I tweeted Arnotts (it better be as good as I'm imagining!)

https://twitter.com/ArnottsDublin/status/635814902226124800

So you're still owed one until Sunday! Happy birthday!

Haha thanks but I've missed my chance (unless they deliver to Clare ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Joined last week and a bit of a disjointed first week. Was the end of my holidays from work and son was in hospital till Fri night. Then it was his birthday on Sunday so was Monday before I actually got around to reading the plan fully. I was still eating well though.

First weigh in last night and down 5.5lbs. Really happy as never felt like I was hungry or depriving myself. Even had a few drinks at the weekend. It's only the first week but so far so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

My mum got a new book, with loads of healthy extras and low syn food/treats. She went to ALDI this morning and stocked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Really happy as never felt like I was hungry or depriving myself. Even had a few drinks at the weekend. It's only the first week but so far so good.
    If you do it right, you won't. I think I eat more now than when I wasn't in SW. But instead of quick, processed foods I'm eating tons of fresh stuff and feel oh so better for it

It's great that you had a few drinks and still lost. I think that's important for the whole concept tbh. Why lose weight if you're going to feel miserable and deprived? Sod that. Do the right things most of the time and you'll be fine.

Best of luck to you (and all the other newcomers)!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

Hi does anyone know where to get boxty around the Tipperary region

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Just make it yourself? Should be easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Had weight in durring the week and I maintained. I am still a half a pound away from my 3.7 stone award. I have been eating more fruit and veg.
    Several people have said to me recently - that you look well and you have lost weight. I went shopping for clothes recently and I found it easier to buy nice things with out spending a lot of money.

A lot of my tops are now getting to big for me. I found a black evening top I bought about 15 years ago. It is one that you would wear under a kimono or chiffon shirt. I was delighted to see it now fits me.
    I will be meeting a few people I have not seen since Christmas shortly. I am looking forward to see what they will say about my weight.

okiss wrote: »
    Had weight in durring the week and I maintained. I am still a half a pound away from my 3.7 stone award. I have been eating more fruit and veg.
    Several people have said to me recently - that you look well and you have lost weight. I went shopping for clothes recently and I found it easier to buy nice things with out spending a lot of money.

A lot of my tops are now getting to big for me. I found a black evening top I bought about 15 years ago. It is one that you would wear under a kimono or chiffon shirt. I was delighted to see it now fits me.
    I will be meeting a few people I have not seen since Christmas shortly. I am looking forward to see what they will say about my weight.

Be prepared they say nothing. My mam met someone she was friendly with in a shop last week, and she said nothing to her.

The same person then said to to my mams best mate, how much weight my mam lost. People don't always want to give you the satisfaction. despite all the work you have put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Be prepared they say nothing. People don't always want to give you the satisfaction. despite all the work you have put in.

Totally agree. While I didn't loose stones my loss is still very evident and viable. Half a dozen people have commented but definitely not as many as I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Be prepared they say nothing. My mam met someone she was friendly with in a shop last week, and she said nothing to her.

The same person then said to to my mams best mate, how much weight my mam lost. People don't always want to give you the satisfaction. despite all the work you have put in.

This x100. Both myself and my mam are in slimming world. She's lost close to 5 stone now and her best friends never ever once mentioned it to her. She never once mentioned the words slimming world to her. But now that her friend has joined it's non stop slimming world chat but still she hasn't ever said to my mam about how amazing(in my opinion!) she looks. Maybe it's just that she doesn't want to give her the satisfaction of saying it.

Also another friend of my mams is in SW and she looks great and I said this to my mother and she said I should tell the woman myself when I see her because it would be a great boost to her. I told her the next time I saw her and she was really happy with the compliment!

Since joining SW myself I've become so much more positive so I'm more than happy to dish out the compliments when they're due!

• Advertisement

Family gathering thing tonight and I've had some lovely compliments from people, but it's funny how some people approach it - one of my uncles was like 'is it ok to give you a compliment and tell you you look great?' - he genuinely thought I might take it as an insult! (maybe I'm just a bitch!). Funny to hear people whispering stuff behind your back and not saying anything to your face, if I think someone is looking good I tell them so!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I love reading this thread :) I'm not doing slimming world but have lost 5 stone in the past 12mths and reading this is great motivation and I also pick up tips along the way.

Regarding the discussion about people commenting (or not) about your weight loss. I personally don't think it's about not giving some satisifaction as a few people mentioned. Some people genuinely don't notice - one of my close work friends didn't say anthing to me at all. It wasn't until I bumped into her husband and he said something to her about how much weight I had lost that she noticed! Other people don't like to comment about someone's weight loss and say things like 'you look great', or 'your're so pretty now' because it does imply that they didn't before. What I find the strangest though is complete random strangers stopping you to comment on your weight loss - that happened to me twice in one week when I was out walking the dog. Two people I don't know at all, stopped their cars to comment! Just shows, people actually do take notice of you when you're out & about...no more wearing my oldest, daggiest bum around clothes when walking the dog - don't know who is going to see me!

Just to defend the quiet ones sometimes people don't want to say 'jaysus you look great!' because they don't want you thinking that they didn't think you were great pre-loss :)

It is also much harder for men to compliment women, even family members, without it sounding weird

Also some people are just pricks :)

Does anyone know how many syns in a pack of aldi spinach ravioli ?

Thanks

Does anyone know how many syns in a pack of aldi spinach ravioli ?

Thanks

9 for the whole pack if it's the Cucina one

dee_mc wrote: »
    9 for the whole pack if it's the Cucina one

:( I haven't had them in months.
    At the start of my SWi ate them and put them in as free. I still lost plenty of weight.

Weird, good to know there 9 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Heehee I was doing some training with the dogs earlier and my treat bag/belt thing fell down around my ankles :pac: haven't had it on since I was doing a class with one of them in April. :D

We had 2 meals from the new magazine this weekend.

Last night was the BBQ pork with BBQ beans and salad (we added a coleslaw from another meal - see below)

Tonight was chipotle pulled chicken buns with a coleslaw and wedges

The pork was gorgeous. So tasty. The beans alone were amazing.

The chicken wasn't as tasty but still lovely. The coleslaw is gorgeous

The pork meal was sun free. The chicken was 3.5 if you're using hex B buns (we were)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,508 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

how many syns on onken fat free yoghurt?

whelan2 wrote: »
    how many syns on onken fat free yoghurt?

The natural one is free
    Blueberry and elderberry 7 syns
    Mango and apple 7.5
    Raspberry and honey 5.5
    Strawberry 5.5
    Vanilla 5
    Apricot 6.5
    Cherry 13
    (all syn values are for the entire 450g pot)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,508 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

dee_mc wrote: »
    The natural one is free
    Blueberry and elderberry 7 syns
    Mango and apple 7.5
    Raspberry and honey 5.5
    Strawberry 5.5
    Vanilla 5
    Apricot 6.5
    Cherry 13
    (all syn values are for the entire 450g pot)
    thanks, aldi have similar tubs would they be the same?

whelan2 wrote: »
    thanks, aldi have similar tubs would they be the same?

Different sizes so I'm not sure at a glance, more free ones in Aldi anyway
    Brooklea Fat Free Cherry Yogurt , 175g pot ½
    Brooklea Fat Free Greek Style Coconut & Vanilla Yogurt 4 pack, per 100g Free
    Brooklea Fat Free Greek Style Lemon Yogurt 4 pack, per 100g Free
    Brooklea Fat Free Greek Style Yogurt, Cherry 4 pack, 125g pot ½
    Brooklea Fat Free Greek Style Yogurt, Peach & Honey 4 pack, 125g pot ½
    Brooklea Fat Free Greek Style Yogurt, Strawberry 4 pack, per 100g Free
    Brooklea Fat Free Greek Style Yogurt, Toffee 4 pack, 125g pot ½
    Brooklea Fat Free Layered Greek Style Yogurt, Cherry 4 pack, 125g pot ½

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Weigh in this evening and I'm hoping for a loss, only 3 lbs till I get to my first target so even if I could lose 2lbs I'll be happy!
    While I've been good all week, I have found myself picking a bit (a chocolate sweet or a Pringle here or there), so I have to watch that and reign it in.

I honestly can't believe how well SW is going for me, this is the 3rd time I actually joined and the 1st time I've actually stuck to it.. It's amazing! I'm only about 1 stone , maybe less off my main target and I can't wait to get there, though I believe maintenance isn't easy, I'm prepared for that.
    Good luck to everyone this week!

I have a part time job as a labourer on a building site. There is a lot of heavy lifting and moving.

Would that help with your weightless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I have a part time job as a labourer on a building site. There is a lot of heavy lifting and moving.

Would that help with your weightless.

Not if you've been doing it since before joining sw, because your body was already burning x amount of calories from that work before you joined.

Not if you've been doing it since before joining sw, because your body was already burning x amount of calories from that work before you joined.

I only started working 2 months ago and I have been doing SW all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Would defo help - although because you're building muscle expect to see more of the change in your clothes than on the scales. The most important thing is your measurements - not your weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Does anyone know if medication can affect your weight loss? I take BP tablets so used to them but I've to take anti-inflammatory tablets for 3 weeks starting tomorrow and could be ongoing for a short while and another perscribed medication that I cannot remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Then yep, it'll help!

• Advertisement

deisemum wrote: »
    Does anyone know if medication can affect your weight loss? I take BP tablets so used to them but I've to take anti-inflammatory tablets for 3 weeks starting tomorrow and could be ongoing for a short while and another perscribed medication that I cannot remember.

Yes. Antibiotics and anti inflammatory tablets definitely effect weight. Don't worry too much though, it's more important to be well! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement