Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

1.5lb off today and got slimmer of the week plus she forgot to give me my slimmer of the week last week with my 2lb loss so 2 weeks in a row for slimmer of the week so delighted in myself!
    Reading through discussion on the syns I started off at 20 stone 2.5lb and was told 5-15 syns a day, true I did go over a fair bit here and there but stick to between 12-15 now, when I was using less I lost less so they are there to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've just made the SW thai curry that's in the new magazine, it will be ready in about 5 mins but the aroma is devine and the sauce is tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

i had my own chinese tonight. Egg fried rice and fried noodles. Free. I had some curry sauce (4 syns).

I'm going to have the same tomorrow, but with SW chips.So it really is like a 3 in 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Wellyd wrote: »
    Down 3lbs tonight after a few weeks of me acting stupid. My boyfriend had to leave the country for work for a few months at short notice so I was sad and pitying myself and of course over indulging. So I decided to cop myself on. He should be home by Christmas so here's hoping I get my 5 stone award before he gets back! At least it's something to aim for!

You go girl, that's a great target to aim for!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

dee_mc wrote: »
    Anyone else here get through to regionals for Woman of the Year? I have no idea what to expect!

Congrats dee, well deserved!!! Best of luck, you deserve it alone for all the advice you give out here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Congrats dee, well deserved!!! Best of luck, you deserve it alone for all the advice you give out here :)

Aw thank you that's really nice clappyhappy! I will let ye all know how it goes, it's next weekend, I'm just quietly bricking it right now because it sounds like it's set to be a long and emotional day!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

dee_mc wrote: »
    Just re your museli for breakfast, you shouldn't be counting your HEB as syns - so you've only used 5 syns that day, for your Freddo bar.

Kelkin has 6 syns if not used as HEA and 4.5 when used as HEA. I have bought Bran Flakes as I cant find that Jordan syn free muesli
    Dodge wrote: »
    You need to eat more "free food", specifically protein (meat!)

I don't eat meat or fish. The soup is packed with protein, as are the eggs.

Honestly I cant eat anymore. I don't restrict my syns at all.

Maybe this diet isn't for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,284 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Yeah, it mightn't be.

But just as a general rule if your soup is packed with protein then it isn't a speed soup. By definition a "speed soup" is made with only speed foods. Most SWers use it as a way to get the 1/3rd speed into their meals rather than as a meal in itself
    John Mason wrote: »
    Kelkin has 6 syns if not used as HEA and 4.5 when used as HEA.
    I presume you mean HEB? Even still it doesn't look right. Generally HEB portions are synned as 5/6.

So for example if you could use a 60g wholemeal roll as your HEB but using 2 of them would cost you your HEB and 6 syns.

The following Kelkin products are listed as HEB (with their syn values in bold if used outside heb)

Kelkin Gluten Free Sourdough Bread 200g loaf (1 slice) 6
    Kelkin Healthy Heart Muesli, Cranberry & Apple (35g) 6
    Kelkin Easy Eat Muesli, No Added Sugar (35g) 6

-
    As you said it may not suit you. It worked for me (and continues to) but everyone is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

did anybody else have an INFLUX of newbies at class this week? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Down 2 lbs last night giving me 7.5 in 2 weeks. Really happy at there was a big party for my 40th last weekend so lots of drink was taken (4am finish). Didn't go mad on the food or cake though and was on plan before and after which helped.

On to another week now and lots of nice free food :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Kelkin has 6 syns if not used as HEA and 4.5 when used as HEA. I have bought Bran Flakes as I cant find that Jordan syn free muesli

I don't eat meat or fish. The soup is packed with protein, as are the eggs.

Honestly I cant eat anymore. I don't restrict my syns at all.

Maybe this diet isn't for me.

There is a green plan, meant for vegetarians which may suit you better. You could google this plan.

http://www.slimmingworld.ie/healthy-eating/vegetarian/day-1.aspx

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Vahevala wrote: »
    There is a green plan, meant for vegetarians which may suit you better. You could google this plan.

http://www.slimmingworld.ie/healthy-eating/vegetarian/day-1.aspx

the green plan has been done away with and it isn't in the new book. I used the green plan before. my class leader said not to follow it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

the green plan has been done away with and it isn't in the new book. I used the green plan before. my class leader said not to follow it anymore

I remember this from the books of old, this would be my go to plan as I'm vegan. What options are there for non meat eaters now?

You can still follow the plan, it isn't in the new books but you could buy the old books from ebay and follow it :)

Anyone have any recommendations for a good scales. My mum hit dropped ours last week, and it shattered to pieces.

Also well done on your achievements dee.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Anyone have any recommendations for a good scales. My mum hit dropped ours last week, and it shattered to pieces.

bathroom or kitchen?

whelan2 wrote: »
    bathroom or kitchen?

Bathroom scales :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Anyone have any good recommendations for a quick breakfast? I'm a bit sick of eggs and I don't really like cereals as I find that I am still hungry afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Smoked salmon with bread from your Hex B
    Toasted bacon and or sausage (Mallons) sandwich
    Cereal from Hex B
    Fruit and yogurt
    Sliced meats and fruit
    Kippers or haddock with asparagus

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I'm a massive fan of overnight oats with lots of speed fruit. Very filling and tasty.

• Advertisement

I love the bagel slims, you can one as heb :D with bacon, mallons sausage & fried egg :D

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Bought the Salter bathroom scales from aldi last week for 14.99, weighed myself just before group on Thursday and they were the exact weight as the SW ones. They look like the big scales you get in the doctors office

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

deisemum wrote: »
    Smoked salmon with bread from your Hex B
    Toasted bacon and or sausage (Mallons) sandwich
    Cereal from Hex B
    Fruit and yogurt
    Sliced meats and fruit
    Kippers or haddock with asparagus
    I'm a massive fan of overnight oats with lots of speed fruit. Very filling and tasty.
    Vahevala wrote: »
    I love the bagel slims, you can one as heb :D with bacon, mallons sausage & fried egg :D

Some great ideas there, thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Best recommendation for a bathroom scales is not to buy one! Binned mine when I joined slimming world and its helped me so much more than constantly checking at home. My mother bought one in Aldi a few weeks ago and she had herself worked up over it! She was weighing herself on different days at different times and spent most of the week panicking about her weight fluctuating so much. She weighed herself at home before group and was up 2.5lbs and when she got to group and weighed in she was down 1.5lbs! The one at home got swiftly put in the back of the press after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Hadn't posted in a few days or so. I was down half a pound last Monday but was just happy to get the loss. Ended up going for chicken wings in Ranelagh - infamous Tribeca wings - and I just decided to enjoy them. Also had chips! Girl on our fb page told me that the wings are 147 syns!! The guts of 3000 calories. Shocking! So I'm not expecting a loss this week despite been good for the rest of the week. Had some wine last night though and STARVING today - I could eat a million carbs. I'm thinking of doing some SW pizza chips for tonight - I don't know if its the wine or the fact I haven't had enough carbs this week - held back on pasta / rice / spuds to try and claw back on the badness of the wings!!! Anyway, one day at a time.

Wellyd wrote: »
    Best recommendation for a bathroom scales is not to buy one! Binned mine when I joined slimming world and its helped me so much more than constantly checking at home. My mother bought one in Aldi a few weeks ago and she had herself worked up over it! She was weighing herself on different days at different times and spent most of the week panicking about her weight fluctuating so much. She weighed herself at home before group and was up 2.5lbs and when she got to group and weighed in she was down 1.5lbs! The one at home got swiftly put in the back of the press after that!

We do it online so we need to have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

whats peoples thoughts on , the bag of frozen chicken pieces ?

any use them ? whats the best way of cooking it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Bought the Salter bathroom scales from aldi last week for 14.99, weighed myself just before group on Thursday and they were the exact weight as the SW ones. They look like the big scales you get in the doctors office

Bought one yesterday and it's great, bargain price at 14.99 as there 36.99 in argos!

I only started slimming world 4 weeks ago and has a 10.5 pound target weight loss.
    So far i have lost 4 pounds and delighted with myself, i don't feel like it's a diet, only thing i miss really is not being able to have bread when i want, but it's worth it!

Hope we are all getting on okay :)

I am hoping I have a decent loss on Thursday and lose most of my 2.5 lbs gain but I am off to Manchester on Saturday for footy so a flexi day will happen, on a night out the following Saturday and if I have gains.. so be it. I am not getting stressed about the weight anymore.

On the plus side, I am now officially size 12 top & size 12 trousers so delighted with that :D

Does anyones consultant do these really pointless team fun tech points thing during group? My consultant keeps asking me and I am tight on time (usually have to run out the door either at the end or leave 5 mins early to make the bus) and I hate that she keeps asking me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,284 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Our group did them for about 3 weeks a while ago. Consultant didn't really explain it well so instead of the fun it was supposed to be (and I guess it could be with the right crowd), it was more confusing for most

Idea was quickly dropped

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement