Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I hope everyone is getting on well this week?
    I lost 1.5 lbs last night bringing my total loss to 2 stone and 4 lbs, I'm only 1.5 lbs off my first target, absolutely delighted!
    I'll probably add another stone, maybe less to my final target!

Our group did that fun thing ages ago, didn't really go down well so she didn't do it again.

Vahevala- I'd go to your consultant and explain that you do be having to get the bus home hence why you leave a bit early, and that it's going to be every week so just so she knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

m'lady wrote: »
    I hope everyone is getting on well this week?
    I lost 1.5 lbs last night bringing my total loss to 2 stone and 4 lbs, I'm only 1.5 lbs off my first target, absolutely delighted!
    I'll probably add another stone, maybe less to my final target!

Our group did that fun thing ages ago, didn't really go down well so she didn't do it again.

Vahevala- I'd go to your consultant and explain that you do be having to get the bus home hence why you leave a bit early, and that it's going to be every week so just so she knows!

Thanks, I will do that :) I hate feeling awkward about things.. I have dodged my Uncle wanting to go out for a meal, want nothing to side track me till weigh in lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

lost 2ib this week, very happy another 1 to go for half a stone, my biggest loss yet, think it might have been the belt i usually wear, lol!

Vahevala wrote: »
    Thanks, I will do that :) I hate feeling awkward about things.. I have dodged my Uncle wanting to go out for a meal, want nothing to side track me till weigh in lol.

It would annoy me too tbh, that's why I'd have to say something to stop it happening every week, as it could turn you off going which would be a shame.

I've dodged so much to keep me on track, my partner has been told 'no sorry, not yet!' to holidays/ weekends away/meals out, it's difficult but will be worth it in the long run!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,284 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

m'lady wrote: »
    I've dodged so much to keep me on track, my partner has been told 'no sorry, not yet!' to holidays/ weekends away/meals out, it's difficult but will be worth it in the long run!

I take the complete opposite view. I say yes to holidays, meals out, nights out because they're the things I want to be doing in the long run. It might take me longer to get down to the weight I want to be, but there's no point in being a specific weight if you can't enjoy yourself

The whole point of SW for me is to help me enjoy myself (and it has done so far)

• Advertisement

I think it depends, I am happy enough not to go out for meals most of the time, gone 1 year with no takeaways. I have nights out or trips away every now & then and focus on SW and stay on plan the rest of the time.

It is about making this a plan that you can follow forever, a true lifestyle choice.

I think it depends too, I'm not saying I haven't been out at all but I'm just in the 'zone' right now, and that's a first for me as every other time I've given up after a week! I can honestly say that this is the first time I've felt proud of myself ( weight wise) ever.
    I'm still smiling since yesterday when my other half said that I'd better get new clothes as they are falling off me! Also a girl in my local shop commented that if lost weight... Yipeeee ! I'm not getting any more clothes until I reach my target, and then I'll blow a lot of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mondo123

Hi All, Well done on all ye're progress so far :)
    I'm down half a pound this week. While a loss is a loss I'm still a little disappointed as I'm only down 3.5lbs in three weeks and noting all the other people in group I realise I must be doing something wrong that is slowing mine down. I'm ususally very active but I've taken it easy since starting three weeks ago as while I know it builds muscle etc I want to loss some of the weight first.
    Going to try incorporate some SP days in this week and keeping the food diary as normal. Started this morning with an omlette (2xeggs, peppers, mushrooms, onions and some ham)... some fruit and mullerlight for mid morning - lunch is in the bag an oriental stirfry from lidl with chicken, no noodles today as going to try stay SP friendly!... then for evening I'm going to have a toasted sambo with measured cheese and ham - other Hex B will be a hifi bar and possible have another one or two later in the evening using syns!) fingers crossed :) all the best to everyone to..

Mondo123 wrote: »
    I'm down half a pound this week. While a loss is a loss I'm still a little disappointed as I'm only down 3.5lbs in three weeks and noting all the other people in group I realise I must be doing something wrong that is slowing mine down. I'm ususally very active but I've taken it easy since starting three weeks ago as while I know it builds muscle etc I want to loss some of the weight first.
    Going to try incorporate some SP days in this week and keeping the food diary as normal. Started this morning with an omlette (2xeggs, peppers, mushrooms, onions and some ham)... some fruit and mullerlight for mid morning - lunch is in the bag an oriental stirfry from lidl with chicken, no noodles today as going to try stay SP friendly!... then for evening I'm going to have a toasted sambo with measured cheese and ham - other Hex B will be a hifi bar and possible have another one or two later in the evening using syns!) fingers crossed :) all the best to everyone to..

Hi Mondo, don't get too disheartened, I only lost 1 lb each week for my first and second week and then I had a big loss.. I think sometimes it takes your body a while to get used to the plan. Are you using your syns?

Thanks m'lady for the response. I'm still feeling a little motivated as I've alot of family events in the next month that I need to lose some weight for so not too disheartened just yet. I'm hoping your right an that maybe I too will get a big loss soon. This was my star week although I didnt think it would effect me too much as it finished the day before weigh in but perhaps it did (apologies for the TMI) ... Yes, I do use my syns mostly on the hifi bars or chocolate! Hopefully that's not impeding me. This will be my first time trying SP so hopefully it'll give me the boost I need.

• Advertisement

Thanks m'lady for the response. I'm still feeling a little motivated as I've alot of family events in the next month that I need to lose some weight for so not too disheartened just yet. I'm hoping your right an that maybe I too will get a big loss soon. This was my star week although I didnt think it would effect me too much as it finished the day before weigh in but perhaps it did (apologies for the TMI) ... Yes, I do use my syns mostly on the hifi bars or chocolate! Hopefully that's not impeding me. This will be my first time trying SP so hopefully it'll give me the boost I need.

Star week can really have an impact on a lot of girls weightloss so that could be it. I wouldn't say using your syns would be impeding you at all, as they advise to use most if not all at the start anyway.

Are you having 1/3 speed? Drinking water?
    Also is that stir fry the fresh stir fry from aldi? I only ask as I read recently that a lot of the frozen stir fry is synned..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Hi Mondo! Best of luck with it and well done so far, 3.5lbs in 3 weeks is a healthy, sustainable loss.
    Just wanted to remind you that mullerlights are not allowed on an SP day - you could use some Quark instead (with a dash of sweetener and a bit of vanilla, if you want) but yeah it's meant to be S and P foods, Healthy Extras and Syns only (with no 'synning of free foods' allowed either!).
    Be prepared to eat a good bit more meat and other protein foods than usual when you're doing SP, some people in my group tried it without much success and then realised that their plates wouldn't really have been made up of 50% protein foods - sounds like it takes a bit of planning!

Yep I'm drinking loads of water! I'm going to be extra vigilant on the 1/3 superfree this week. I eat alot of the lidl fresh stirfrys so would get alot of veg on board and if anything I actually thought I'd be getting nearly more than 1/3 although as i say I'm going to watch it closer this week to ensure I am. I wanna figure it out to make sure I'm not making a fool of myself :)

Thank you Dee Mc I didnt know that the mullerlights couldnt be used on SP days! You just saved me there :) Looks like I'll jst stick with the fruit on its own today, it wont do me any harm as I dont have any quark around. :) Also, I dont have 50% of protein for lunch its prob more 75% veg from the stirfry and 25% protein from the chicken. hopefully thats ok? an thanks again ladies for all your input

It's supposed to be 50:50. When you think about it, you're eliminating a lot of your carbs on a SP day, the foods that normally give you energy, so you have to fill up on something!
    You will be very hungry, your fruit snack and your sandwich for dinner both sound very light to be honest. I'd be concerned that you're not eating enough, which will only impede your weight loss.

Also In my group the consultant advises member to not to sp until they hit a plateau, you have lost consistently and maybe you just need to get used to the ee plan? I know consultants vary but I would tend to agree with that.. I'm 23 weeks in and haven't attempted sp, even the idea of it!

Okay thanks ladies, I appreciate your input and have taken it on board. I've noodles on at the min to add to my stirfry before I head in to work. I'll stick with the EE for now and hope that it will come good for me. I think I was jst hoping that if I did the SP it might speed things up for me. I guess I'll just have to learn to have patience, whats worth having is worth waiting for an all that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I do SP pretty much every day now. I won't eat Muller lights and I don't eat hi-fi bars anymore because their ingredient list is shocking and both are jammed full of sugar.

SP is very very easy once you get used to the lack of carbs, and having extra protein.

SP doesn't work for me at all, never had good results. SP isn't supposed to be followed full time.

Vahevala wrote: »
    SP doesn't work for me at all, never had good results. SP isn't supposed to be followed full time.

Tbh I'm not following SW properly anymore because I can't agree with the abundance of sugar they encourage you to eat. So I so SP daily and am having better losses both in numbers and inches. It's essentially just a low carb diet.

Tbh I'm not following SW properly anymore because I can't agree with the abundance of sugar they encourage you to eat. So I so SP daily and am having better losses both in numbers and inches. It's essentially just a low carb diet.

Ok fair enough, each to their own. :) I tend to just have one yogurt a day (activia 0%) but other than that, I just enjoy my sweet treats, if I didn't have my two jacobs pink wafers or velvet crunch crisps in the evening, I would feel restricted and wouldn't stick to it.

• Advertisement

I'd have one yogurt a day and a sweet treat in the evening, the rest is fruit, veg etc, I'd consider sw a lifestyle change and for me personally a lot better than I would have previously eaten. I really think it is a more realistic approach to healthy eating than other plans..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I do SP pretty much every day now. I won't eat Muller lights and I don't eat hi-fi bars anymore because their ingredient list is shocking and both are jammed full of sugar.

Thank you!! I was afraid to say that at group for fear of being shunned lol!! I use Liberte natural instead of the mullers although I do have Alpen/Aldi Benefit bars instead of the hi-fi's which are just too sweet for me! They're also half the price compared to the Aldi ones or the Alpen when they're on offer - I got loads in Dunnes a few weeks ago! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,284 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

To be fair to our consultant she definitely isn't a hard sell type. She'll say she likes some things that are high in syns, and doesn't like most of the hi-fi bars.

I like the chocolate ones myself but see them as a little treat rather than anything

I actually really like the chocolate orange hi-fi bars. But when I actually sat down and looked at the ingredient list... Yeah, not for me. I had already cut out the 'white' carbs so was pretty much doing SP every day, but I'd rather cut out the sugar entirely too if I can.

But tbh, each to their own. Different things work for different people. Sugar just doesn't go well with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Was in mcdonalds today as the hubby fancied one, he's 5ft 11in and 10 stone and can eat what he wants!

opted for a grilled chicken salad with a sachet of balsamic vinegar, that's dedication!

can't justify the 5.45 price tag that came with it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

upinthesky wrote: »
    Was in mcdonalds today as the hubby fancied one, he's 5ft 11in and 10 stone and can eat what he wants!

opted for a grilled chicken salad with a sachet of balsamic vinegar, that's dedication!

can't justify the 5.45 price tag that came with it...

Its like everywhere you go. If you want to eat healthy you get financially punished.

Water + Salad = €5ish

Coke + Tayto + Mars Bar = €3.50 ish

Down another pound, so 4 stone 10 in total. Another lady in my group has lost the same amount of weight I have, in less than half the time!! And another lady got her 5 stone award today. Great to see people succeeding with it, great motivation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

dee_mc wrote: »
    Down another pound, so 4 stone 10 in total. Another lady in my group has lost the same amount of weight I have, in less than half the time!! And another lady got her 5 stone award today. Great to see people succeeding with it, great motivation :)
    slow and steady wins the race. well done on your loss, down 2lbs here this week, so 5.5lbs in 2 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Stayed the same, had a good week but I started on a new pill which could be affecting things. Here's to a loss next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cheapskate

Hi, new to thread but have on off relationship with sw. I have tbh I agree with penny tration here! Im attending sw classes for 6 months now and have lost 4 stone in that time but Im not following ee plan properly, I dont agree with the muller light and sw bars philosophy.
    I also cut out all breads, white rice, pasta and spuds OK im not going to say it was easy but I did sw for a while a few years ago and it didnt work.
    Im attending sw now purely for the support network and way of keeping a check on my weight but I must reiterate cut out the sugar and the sugar substitutes and refined carbs.
    Thanks and keep going to class (my mistake)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement