Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

sm213 wrote: »
    That's the one :)

but which sauce is the low syn one ? and how many syns is it ?

also is beetrooth in a jar of vinegar speed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Just back and I've about 2.5 stone to lose so not as bad as I thought. :)
    Everyone seems nice enough and looking forward to watching pounds fall off.
    At the meeting someone was talking about a butchers on the north side that does amazing curry for low syns and there sausages have been slimming world approved at .5 or 1 syn.
    I didn't get the name as I'm not on Facebook.
    They do free delivery on orders over €20. Maybe someone on fb page would know more.
    If not I can find out next week?

As far as I know, the sausages are not approved by SW, I buy mallons which are syn free :) I am just weighing up my options as I am out all day so deliveries aren't easy. I will have a look at the butchers in Parnell Street as I heard they have good offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

Vahevala wrote: »
    As far as I know, the sausages are not approved by SW, I buy mallons which are syn free :) I am just weighing up my options as I am out all day so deliveries aren't easy. I will have a look at the butchers in Parnell Street as I heard they have good offers.

Oh the leader said they are last night.
    I was looking at the website there's some good deals.

Regards to the curry sauce I can't remember the name once they mentioned Facebook I lost interest. Now I know they've an actual site I will be using it now and then for convenience but will buy mallons sausys more. Syn 1 syn or not syn free is obviously always better :).

Has anyone ever tried those mashed banana pancakes. They're delicious. Wondering what syns would be though as banana is mashed and cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

They had sent a sample of the sausages to HQ for testing - maybe they are approved now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Stayed the same this week, happy enough with that as I had a couple of unstructured, out of routine days which I always find hard. Just finished my period too, so I suppose it just wasn't my week to lose! Still only 5 pounds from target, yay.
    Anyone else fill out the food survey on the SW website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Wow, 5lbs Dee, that will be gone in no time, I'm 2 lbs off my target but going to change it by 7lbs, I'm finding it's going slower now though, which is a pain!
    Haven't seen that survey, I must have a look.

Was very proud of myself tonight, went to the cinema and had a lunch box of fruit and a diet coke, I never thought I'd see the day that I wouldn't get popcorn at the cinema!!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Hi guys I have a question about Syns. When I first joined Slimming World I was allowed 20 Syns a day. I was told this was due to being over 16 stone. Well I've since lost enough weight that I'm under the 16 mark. I never thought to ask at the class if that meant I now lose 5 or I keep 20. Anybody here experienced anything similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Hi guys I have a question about Syns. When I first joined Slimming World I was allowed 20 Syns a day. I was told this was due to being over 16 stone. Well I've since lost enough weight that I'm under the 16 mark. I never thought to ask at the class if that meant I now lose 5 or I keep 20. Anybody here experienced anything similar?

Female - 15
    Female over 16 stone - 20

Male - 20
    Male over 16 stone - 25

To be honest i'm over 16 stone but i've never used the 25, always stayed with the 20 as if i don't have them i won't miss them !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I joined a new class (complete re-join) and the my leader this time round didn't mention the 20 syns even though I am over 16 stone :(

Do I have 20 syns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

You should definitely ask Monife, my understanding is that if you're over 16 stone you should get 20 syns.

• Advertisement

I think it is down to the consultant about the 20 syn thing!

Weigh day has approached again... praying for a decent loss as I have been so good all week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

I was up a half pound this week, first time to be up, don't know how really all i can think of is not keeping track of my syns.

My own scales was showing me to be down about a half so not sure what went on but hoping to have a loss this week,

On the good side, being up has put me back on track so not all bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Cheers for the answers guys. Yeah I'd never really use all my syns either but it was handy to have them there just in case I was out for dinner and found it hard to calculate the syn value for certain dishes. I'll just have to be more aware of my what I'm eating now

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

1lb on today and thinking about it I deserved more, only stuck to my syns 1 days this week!!! Oh and found something new out, all those quick noodle packets like super noodles and the tesco and aldi ones are not free if you don't use the flavour packet, just shows you not to trust something you find online unless it's from the official slimming world website

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭leelee77

m'lady wrote: »
    Wow, 5lbs Dee, that will be gone in no time, I'm 2 lbs off my target but going to change it by 7lbs, I'm finding it's going slower now though, which is a pain!
    Haven't seen that survey, I must have a look.

Was very proud of myself tonight, went to the cinema and had a lunch box of fruit and a diet coke, I never thought I'd see the day that I wouldn't get popcorn at the cinema!!

Fair play. I would find it so hard not to have popcorn. That's amazing willpower on your behalf!

Weigh in today. Lost 2lbs bringing my total loss up to 11lbs. 9.5lbs to go. Am delighted!

leelee77 wrote: »
    Fair play. I would find it so hard not to have popcorn. That's amazing willpower on your behalf!

Thanks leelee, I was quite impressed with myself! I did tell myself if I really wanted something after my fruit that I'd get it but once I filled up on the fruit I wasn't bothered! I was too busy crying at the movie ('miss you already', soooo sad!)..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Mlady have you heard about the new limited edition hifi bar flavour being released this week or next, toffee apple popcorn flavour for Halloween/Autumn... nice low-syn way to enjoy some popcorny goodness, hopefully won't be overly sweet like most of them!

Back from weigh in, I lost 1.5 lbs, so that makes it 5 stone 10 lbs with SW and 7 stone 7.5 lbs in total, 4 lbs to go till my 6 stone award, be lovely to get that by the end of October. I don't have massive losses each week anymore so slowly does it. Delighted with that :D

9.5 lbs to go till target (it would have been 2.5 if I stuck to my original target!)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

Down half a pound this week. Not deserved at all. Had chocolate for breakfast Sunday and Bulmers for breakfast Monday.

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »
    Mlady have you heard about the new limited edition hifi bar flavour being released this week or next, toffee apple popcorn flavour for Halloween/Autumn... nice low-syn way to enjoy some popcorny goodness, hopefully won't be overly sweet like most of them!

Yes I heard about them, my consultant reckons they are not too sweet, so hopefully!

Don't know what's wrong with me this evening but I'm starving even though I had a decent dinner and have had fruit and yogurt just there, still hungry!!

Has anyone tried quinoa porridge?
    I'm making some with cinamon and clove powder ATM.
    Hoping it will be a nice way to start the day when winter comes around.
    Also saves on hexb as its a free food so can use it elsewhere in the day :)
    Hope it tasted OK :O.

m'lady wrote: »
    Thanks leelee, I was quite impressed with myself! I did tell myself if I really wanted something after my fruit that I'd get it but once I filled up on the fruit I wasn't bothered! I was too busy crying at the movie ('miss you already', soooo sad!)..

Sometimes I just got to the cinema for popcorn I love it so much. I have been actively avoiding it for that reason!

That film is getting great reviews.

Vahevala wrote: »
    Back from weigh in, I lost 1.5 lbs, so that makes it 5 stone 10 lbs with SW and 7 stone 7.5 lbs in total, 4 lbs to go till my 6 stone award, be lovely to get that by the end of October. I don't have massive losses each week anymore so slowly does it. Delighted with that :D

9.5 lbs to go till target (it would have been 2.5 if I stuck to my original target!)

Amazing stuff! You have the same amount as me to get to target, 9.5lbs!

Has anyone tried quinoa porridge?
    I'm making some with cinamon and clove powder ATM.
    Hoping it will be a nice way to start the day when winter comes around.
    Also saves on hexb as its a free food so can use it elsewhere in the day :)
    Hope it tasted OK :O.

Yes just had mine at 9 !

I have it cold with yogurt, sweetner and vanilla extract. As its free i have a nice big portion.

I'm going to try it hot tomorrow with cinnamon and milk.

Yes just had mine at 9 !

I have it cold with yogurt, sweetner and vanilla extract. As its free i have a nice big portion.

I'm going to try it hot tomorrow with cinnamon and milk.

I had no vanilla pods so going to stir in free coconut and vanilla yogurt and top with apple slices and a little maple syrup. 2 syns for a tbsp. Most definitely worth it though.
    I need hexb for bacon double cheeseburgers later hehe :)

Well that was amazing!
    Kinda like backwards apple pie the apples were crunchy and the quinoa was the soft filling.
    The yoghurt was great in it and acted like milk. Without the syrup it would be completely free healthy breakfast.
    And it would still be nice without it.
    I don't like normal porridge so was worried but its much lighter.
    Delighted now :)

leelee77 wrote: »
    Amazing stuff! You have the same amount as me to get to target, 9.5lbs!

Thank you, best of luck! Not far to go :) just hoping I am a size 10 in tops & trousers by then (I am close in tops, not close in trousers!)

I had no vanilla pods so going to stir in free coconut and vanilla yogurt and top with apple slices and a little maple syrup. 2 syns for a tbsp. Most definitely worth it though.
    I need hexb for bacon double cheeseburgers later hehe :)

I bought an expensive vanilla extract in the health food shop that has no sugar etc in it so its a great option.

I want my breakfast to be syn free where possible and i have more focus now and exploring all options and ways of making this possible.

Also working on lunch as i train now most lunch times and need a good feed but need to keep it rally low syn.

I always have my low fat crisps after lunch to get my savory hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

Hi ladies - I have joined SW for the 4th time (yes I know) on Wednesday. I am a chronic weekday dieter and chronic weekend binger. I work long hours and am great at making excuses. I tried to do slimming world last in my final year of a part-time degree which I was doing while working full-time. Needless to say it didn't go very well.

I am now determined to get the 19lbs I need off (or close to) before Christmas. I am really concerned it might not work for me again and keep weighing myself every day which is driving me demented when I'm fluctuating. Could someone take a look at my food from yesterday and see if it is ok?

Breakfast - 2 baked eggs with melon
    Lunch - leftover king prawn and veg egg fried rice (melon after)
    Dinner - 2 home-made burger patties fried in fry-light with Sweet Potato chips and lettuce with Tbl Light Mayo adn one light cheese triangle
    Snack - Muller light strawberry

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement