Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

I've stayed on plan 100% all week and will have trained 6 days out of 7............if i'm not weight i'll punch whoever weighs me:D

I find when i exercise i don't be down as much as i expected, this is either from lack of water of built up muscle so dont be too disappointed if its not the result you're hoping for!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

Quinoa is definitely wet but nicer than porridge as I can't stomach the stuff :)
    But I wouldn't eat it everyday, I get bored quite quickly with food.
    I've been having som thing different most days.

So as I'm a newbie I've been quite good today is day 5. I was really good yesterday, we went to my sister in laws and all she had was chocolate cake, chocolate bars etc full fat milk for tea.
    Just had a black coffee as she had nothing in.
    Then went home and made a delicious free curry :)
    It was a challenge though. She had superquinn sausies too :O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

If you don't like wet or milky food, it may not be for you!

If you want to save your healthy B, why not make something like bacon medallions, eggs and grilled tomatoes or some fried mushrooms (with frylite) for breakfast? :)

Thanks. No time during the week to do that but might do it the night before a few days a week and heat it up in work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I do the red days a couple of a days a week and that means I can have two healthy B's and I can also have my yogurts/carbs (as long as I weigh them, so I can still have my chips!) - I love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Monife wrote: »
    Thanks. No time during the week to do that but might do it the night before a few days a week and heat it up in work :)

Greek yoghurt with fruit is my favourite quick breakfast!

We had out first family holiday this week and I wasn't remotely on plan. Weigh in this week will be interesting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Vahevala wrote:
    On another note, I am finding that drinking squash as opposed to just having water has made a big difference for me.

Can I ask how you mean? Easier to get the water down you or you feel like it satisfies a sweet craving? I drink a pile of water every day but my other half who is also following the plan isn't too keen

Can I ask how you mean? Easier to get the water down you or you feel like it satisfies a sweet craving? I drink a pile of water every day but my other half who is also following the plan isn't too keen

It helps me to get the water into me, I cant get water in, any other way as I find plain water so tasteless so this encourages me to drink more :)

Vahevala wrote: »
    It helps me to get the water into me, I cant get water in, any other way as I find plain water so tasteless so this encourages me to drink more :)

+1 on this I'm really bad at getting enough liquids otherwise but can get about 4 pints in over course of a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

upinthesky wrote: »
    I find when i exercise i don't be down as much as i expected, this is either from lack of water of built up muscle so dont be too disappointed if its not the result you're hoping for!

I may get disappointed the whole time then as i'll be training a lot in the coming months.

Weigh in later !

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Monife wrote: »
    Would love to save my heb for lunch.

I wouldn't usually have my HEB at all! I have an apple and pear for brekkie chopped up and mixed with a random muller light or other free yogurt, and snack on apples. No need for the fibre boost! On weigh day I do get a sandwich in work- they have the Irish Pride Healthy Grain, which you can use one slice of as HEB. It also says it's 4.5 syns- do you think it would be OK to count 6 syns of the bread as HEB, and syn three? It seems a waste for a HEB to be just 4.5!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Hope its good, let us know how ye get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Just wondering are there any free membership deals at the moment. Thinking of joining. Thanks.

Blingy wrote: »
    Just wondering are there any free membership deals at the moment. Thinking of joining. Thanks.

I got one posted through the door. Not sure if there's any other way.
    They gave it back to me though.
    Only thing is it has which group is closest you on the back not sure how much that matters.
    I don't mind giving it to you though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭eimerom

Hi all, going to follow this thread for support. Joined SW last Wednesday. Feel pretty great so far. Had my first minor craving for chocolate tonight which I am usually completely addicted to. Have plenty of syns left for today but I dare not touch in case it puts me off the wagon. Quit cigs nearly 3 years ago and have piled on the weight ever since. Need to lose about 4 stone now :eek: Checked the weighing scales tonight and I am already 6.5 ibs down, hope it's this and more by weigh in on Wed. Over the moon. I have read quite a bit this week about it and I do feel/hope this is the eating plan for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Down 4 yesterday.

Too early to say if i've hit gold with my combination of food in take and exercise but we'll see in the next few weeks !

I'm happy with that overall, 5 days of training and sticking to the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I feel like I'm making excuses now :D but after maintaining last week, I developed a cold on Thursday or Friday and I'm dosed since; sticking exactly to plan but taking flu tablets so despite drinking gallons of water I still feel like a dried out zombie woman :( being sick sucks and I have a feeling it won't be conducive to weight loss! Ah well!
    (Tee hee I'm such a moan, sorry everyone!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Had my weigh in last night and lost 1.5 lbs making me 0.5 lb away from my first target! I also got slimmer of the week again which I was delighted with.

Just a question I have and hoping someone might know... When I hit this target ( next week, I hope!) I will want to lower it by a few pounds, but is there a minimum amount I can lower it by? I think I read 7lbs but not sure if I'm only dreaming that?

Hey Dee... Your not a moan, we all get bad days/weeks and you couldn't help it that you were sick! Just go to class as normal and if you do gain/maintain you will shift it this week. It's hard when your sick, I know I go off food and inevitably have a gain, try and keep drinking the water and you could even make a speed soup? When is your weigh in?

Well done everyone :) I am going to be weighing early on Thursday as am going to the Ireland game Thursday evening, I would love 2 lbs off but highly unlikely... so I will be happy with any loss to be honest!

m'lady wrote: »
    Had my weigh in last night and lost 1.5 lbs making me 0.5 lb away from my first target! I also got slimmer of the week again which I was delighted with.

Just a question I have and hoping someone might know... When I hit this target ( next week, I hope!) I will want to lower it by a few pounds, but is there a minimum amount I can lower it by? I think I read 7lbs but not sure if I'm only dreaming that?

If you reach target, you do have to amend by a minimum of 7lb, otherwise you could just keep changing it and never pay again! If you don't want to go that far, you can maintain 3lb either side of your target weight, so you could get down the extra 3lb and maintain there!:cool:

• Advertisement

mejulie805 wrote: »
    If you reach target, you do have to amend by a minimum of 7lb, otherwise you could just keep changing it and never pay again! If you don't want to go that far, you can maintain 3lb either side of your target weight, so you could get down the extra 3lb and maintain there!:cool:

Thanks mejulie, so I couldn't decide that I want to lose say 4/5 lbs and pay till I get down to there? Raging as I don't think I'll need to lose 7lbs, it could be too much but I'm also not happy where I am right now.. Ah well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

dee_mc wrote:
    I feel like I'm making excuses now but after maintaining last week, I developed a cold on Thursday or Friday and I'm dosed since; sticking exactly to plan but taking flu tablets so despite drinking gallons of water I still feel like a dried out zombie woman being sick sucks and I have a feeling it won't be conducive to weight loss! Ah well! (Tee hee I'm such a moan, sorry everyone!)

This was me last week, had 1lb on but I figured it would be off again this week so not too bothered. Good luck with your cold, a week later and I'm just getting rid of mine

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭leelee77

Down 4 yesterday.

Too early to say if i've hit gold with my combination of food in take and exercise but we'll see in the next few weeks !

I'm happy with that overall, 5 days of training and sticking to the plan.

That's an amazing loss. Well done you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭leelee77

Two days to go until weigh in and I'm still up on what I was last week. Am hoping I can pull it back over the next two days. Apart from the Thai takaway last Thursday I've stuck to plan. Am definitely not having a takeaway this week. It's not worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Just want to gauge some opinions here. How many of you actually stay for the meetings after weigh in? I've stayed every week but the last few weeks I feel like I'm getting nothing out of it. It feels like the same people saying the same thing every week and I don't feel like it's really helpful.

It's nice for people who need that extra bit of encouragement or maybe people who feel like the plan isn't working for them it might give them a boost. See with me there is an age/gender gap. I'm the only male in the group and its mostly women older than me. They are all lovely people but it's not a social thing for me. I've never said that to anyone before because I wouldn't want people to think it was coming from a mean spirited place. I was so glad to see a thread on Slimming World here on boards because everyone is so anonymous that it's like we're all in the same boat

m'lady wrote: »
    Thanks mejulie, so I couldn't decide that I want to lose say 4/5 lbs and pay till I get down to there? Raging as I don't think I'll need to lose 7lbs, it could be too much but I'm also not happy where I am right now.. Ah well :(

If you are sure you want to go 4-5lb lower, why not change your target now? I don't think the 7lb restriction applies (could be wrong!). I'm kind of the same- 3lb from my revised target and I'd love to go 4lb further, but I just don't have it in me. I've been struggling with this 3lb for so long all I want to do is maintain! If I get to the 3lb below my target it's close enough!
    Just want to gauge some opinions here. How many of you actually stay for the meetings after weigh in? I've stayed every week but the last few weeks I feel like I'm getting nothing out of it. It feels like the same people saying the same thing every week and I don't feel like it's really helpful.

I think at this stage (11 months in) I only stay 1-2 times monthly. I rarely stay on taster night, I'll get weighed, eat people's food and head off! It used to be a part of my routine but now is getting in the way of activities I've taken up. I'd rarely miss weigh in (I don't own or want to own a scales of my own) but the classes are up to you. I'd stay every so often though- you'll be amazed what you do end up picking up!

Thanks mejulie, I might just do that.. Or maybe just go and increase by 7lbs... Aghhh so hard to know what to do! It's hard when you hit a slump, to get back motivated is difficult.. I haven't hit that yet, but is close!

I stay for the meetings only because I enjoy it and most of the group is similar age to me (30's) and we do have a laugh.. But being honest if I didn't enjoy it or it was full of older or younger people that I had nothing in common with then I wouldn't be staying every week!

I stay for the taster classes but bloody hate them, the effort in cooking something before class is a pain! Speaking of which, does anyone have any SW Christmas themed recipes?!

Good luck with it whatever you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mondo123

Hi Ladies and Gents,

Up 2.5 this week which is a disaster for me :( stayed on plan 6 of the 7 days but had a dinner and party on sat which entailed food out of plan and a couple of proseccos \ vodkas (only about 6 altogether) :( ... I'm weary as my weight loss is so slow on average half a pound to 1 pound a week it'll take me at least 3 weeks to get back to where I was, felt like crying last night on the scales!!!

Speed soup was mentioned above... Maybe thats something I could give a try to, assume its just all speed veggies with veg stock? trying really hard to stay motivated as right now I feel like throwing in the towel but this thread is really helpful so thanks all! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Billion dollar baby, I'm the only male that stays to our group. I find I pick up a few things at it but if you're not enjoying it or feel you time is better used elsewhere I wouldn't worry too much about it

Most at our group don't stay so you won't be the only one. It's completely a personal thing but if you're comfortable with SW and getting the losses you want then that's all that really matters

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement