Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

xLisaBx wrote: »
    Thanks for your great response! Well done on your weight loss journey :) Do they advise a target weight?

They can guide you but ultimately you choose what your comfortable with and you can change it at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,258 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

is there anyway we can get dee_mc nominated for some SW online award? Always great, positive, clear help to newcomers (and the rest) here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Any ideas for the tasting thing that happens, something simple i can bring, iv no idea what to make!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Dodge wrote: »
    is there anyway we can get dee_mc nominated for some SW online award? Always great, positive, clear help to newcomers (and the rest) here

Aw shucks :P
    Always happy to help - joining SW has been one of my most positive decisions in life so far, so if I can make it an easier transition for anyone or make things a bit clearer for them, then I want to!
    I love this thread, I think I've said before that I would probably have given up ages ago if it weren't for the support and encouragement (and entertainment!) provided by the people who post here, your good self included :)

upinthesky wrote: »
    Any ideas for the tasting thing that happens, something simple i can bring, iv no idea what to make!!

Some of the nicest things I've tried at the taster days have been side dishes like a cous cous and veg dish or a brown rice pilaf. My absolute favourite was smoked salmon pinwheels made with a filling of quark, lemon juice and fresh herbs - I think they used chives but I've done it using basil and it's just delicious. Did it as a starter on Christmas day last year actually, went down a treat!
    My mum does what she calls blancmange - a sachet of sugar free jelly crystals made up with 300ml boiling water, left to cool for about 20 mins then mixed with a tub of fat free Greek yogurt. You can do it in a big bowl like a pudding basin or in individual ramekins, 1.5 syns for the whole lot. When I say 1 sachet I mean half of one of the Hartleys twin packs of jelly crystals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

One of the best things that I have done is to take comparison pictures, this isn't the greatest photo I took today but anyway... :o

65ogzm.png

Sorry me again, I am looking for new cereal ideas... the SW website doesn't make it easy anymore to find all the healthy b cereals... At the moment, I vary between Weetabix, Bran Flakes, Blueberry Wheats, Fruit & Fibre and Shreddies :D (they are all own brand versions!) I want a different one most days so I don't get bored!

I am dropping the Blueberry Wheats, anyone know what I could replace it with?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Vahevala wrote:
    I am dropping the Blueberry Wheats, anyone know what I could replace it with?

Have you tried the weetabix crispy minis? I know the portions aren't huge but I find them filling, was in asda one day and got banana ones, not found them down south yet but the chocolate ones are yummy too

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Oh and to save my HEA instead of milk sometimes I mix some quark with vanilla extract and dip the crispy minis in, really nice on the days I need something extra sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭BabySlam

I made this HOMITY PIE last night and ate half, ate more for breakfast today - it is really delicious.

http://www.slimmingworld.ie/recipes/homity-pie.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Well last night I made target, was thrilled! I have every intention of reducing it by around 5/7 lbs and my consultant said to give it a week or two (incidentally she also told me you don't need to change your target in 7lb increments as advisedon here, you can change by as much or as little as you want) she then gave me my cert and little pin so I'm slightly confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

m'lady wrote: »
    Well last night I made target, was thrilled! I have every intention of reducing it by around 5/7 lbs and my consultant said to give it a week or two (incidentally she also told me you don't need to change your target in 7lb increments as advisedon here, you can change by as much or as little as you want) she then gave me my cert and little pin so I'm slightly confused!

Well done m'lady bet you're delighted!

That was me who told you about the 7lb rule and I'd hate to think I advised you incorrectly, so I checked online for you. Got this from Slimming World UK- Club Rules.

Target members are given free attendance of any Slimming World group – known as free lifetime membership – while ever they remain within 3lbs above or below their target weight.

If a target member's weight changes by 3½lbs or more outside their target weight, they receive a week's grace to move back within the 3lb range. If they remain outside the target range at the weigh in after their week's grace, they become a paying member again – paying the usual weekly group fee – until they reach their chosen personal target range again.

If, once a member achieves their target, they'd like to lose more weight they may set a new target which must be at least 7lbs lower than the last. They will become a paying member again until they reach that new target.

If a member chooses Slimming World's lowest acceptable weight as their target and their weight falls 4lbs or more below this target weight, for health reasons they're given four weeks to return to their target range before membership is withdrawn. During this time, no group fees are charged.

Sorry if I was the cause of your confusion!:eek:

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Well done m'lady bet you're delighted!

That was me who told you about the 7lb rule and I'd hate to think I advised you incorrectly, so I checked online for you. Got this from Slimming World UK- Club Rules.

Target members are given free attendance of any Slimming World group – known as free lifetime membership – while ever they remain within 3lbs above or below their target weight.

If a target member's weight changes by 3½lbs or more outside their target weight, they receive a week's grace to move back within the 3lb range. If they remain outside the target range at the weigh in after their week's grace, they become a paying member again – paying the usual weekly group fee – until they reach their chosen personal target range again.

If, once a member achieves their target, they'd like to lose more weight they may set a new target which must be at least 7lbs lower than the last. They will become a paying member again until they reach that new target.

If a member chooses Slimming World's lowest acceptable weight as their target and their weight falls 4lbs or more below this target weight, for health reasons they're given four weeks to return to their target range before membership is withdrawn. During this time, no group fees are charged.

Sorry if I was the cause of your confusion!:eek:

Sorry mejulie, I wasn't trying to be smart, typed that fast as was doing something else.. Yes I'm really delighted but not completely there yet!
    I'm really confused, as why would she give me the cert/pin etc when she knows I'm moving it! I'll have a chat with her next week to see what the story is, as I do want to change it by a few pounds.. She was adamant that I don't need to change it by 7 lbs so maybe it's at the discretion of the consultant?

Oh no you're grand just know where you are coming from cos I changed my target too!
    My consultant basically told me to get 4lb below so I didnt have to pay in the meantme! I wouldnt be surprised if the consultant could override though seems legit!

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Oh no you're grand just know where you are coming from cos I changed my target too!
    My consultant basically told me to get 4lb below so I didnt have to pay in the meantme! I wouldnt be surprised if the consultant could override though seems legit!

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised myself... I help on the social team so unless it's her way of thanking me!

Oh and to save my HEA instead of milk sometimes I mix some quark with vanilla extract and dip the crispy minis in, really nice on the days I need something extra sweet

I can't eat chocolate or cheese, I bought frosted wheats by Kelloggs so I will try those out. I was looking at Lidl mini wheats but not sure if they are a healthy B :(

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

2nd week weigh in with a 3lb loss. First week was 2lbs! 5lbs down in 2 weeks. I'll take that any day :)

As one of my previous posts, I've never eaten as much in my life! Really enjoying the plan this time round.

If anyone likes to go to any of the MAO restaurants (http://mymao.ie)
    the low cal menu is very SW friendly in terms of ingredients used. The rice is syn free - steamed with jasmine fragrance no oils and you can request frylite to be used to cook your meal in all restaurants and Mao @ home from today.

Up half a pound today, ah well. I was more upset about the fact that none of my local supermarkets have Liberte fat free Greek yogurt in stock so I bought Rachel's Organic Fancy McSchmancy Fat Free Greek with added notions instead and it tastes like gak. So I had to buy Tesco Finest and some other one too, in the hope that one of them tastes ok... Fage tastes of pure salt to me so that's not an option, and I basically live on the Liberte stuff so fingers crossed they're not planning to discontinue it or anything :(
    Oh yeah and the new hifi bars weren't delivered to my group either :(
    I'm having a sadface kind of day :( mostly because I still can't seem to clear this cold, 2 weeks and counting now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

So reached my target but would like another seven pounds off, but taking a week out just to relax a bit so expecting to be up next week, will i have to pay next week if i changed my target online?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Well done upinthesky! I'm not sure, do you attend group or just online?

I lost half a pound this week. That's alright considering I was out at the weekend but overall I've been faffing with the same few pounds for at least a month now. Not the fault of SW at all, I just haven't been sticking to it, been having far too much fun :pac: I think I'll buy a 12 week countdown next week, might focus me a bit coming up to Christmas. I'd like to have my 3 stone award by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

dee_mc wrote: »
    Up half a pound today, ah well. I was more upset about the fact that none of my local supermarkets have Liberte fat free Greek yogurt in stock so I bought Rachel's Organic Fancy McSchmancy Fat Free Greek with added notions instead and it tastes like gak. So I had to buy Tesco Finest and some other one too, in the hope that one of them tastes ok... Fage tastes of pure salt to me so that's not an option, and I basically live on the Liberte stuff so fingers crossed they're not planning to discontinue it or anything :(
    Oh yeah and the new hifi bars weren't delivered to my group either :(
    I'm having a sadface kind of day :( mostly because I still can't seem to clear this cold, 2 weeks and counting now...

Have you tried the M&S 0% Fat Greek style? Not sure if its syn free but its very good.

Have you tried the M&S 0% Fat Greek style? Not sure if its syn free but its very good.

I don't think I have, I live in the sticks so don't get to visit M&S as often as I'd like, but will be in Cork over the weekend so will try it then. I wasn't even thinking 'syn free' today, just fumbling around for an alternative to my Liberte! I suppose what I like about it is the fact that it's so bland and so thick - do you reckon the M&S one is like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

I don't think I have, I live in the sticks so don't get to visit M&S as often as I'd like, but will be in Cork over the weekend so will try it then. I wasn't even thinking 'syn free' today, just fumbling around for an alternative to my Liberte! I suppose what I like about it is the fact that it's so bland and so thick - do you reckon the M&S one is like that?

It's thick, maybe not as thick as Liberte and its definitely not bland. Love it with fruit. It comes in a large pot, don't think they sell it in small individual ones but I could be wrong. I normally start off with a few spoonfuls and put it back in the fridge but I'm back at it again 10 minutes later. 5 minutes after that the empty pot is usually at the bottom of the bin.

It's thick, maybe not as thick as Liberte and its definitely not bland. Love it with fruit. It comes in a large pot, don't think they sell it in small individual ones but I could be wrong. I normally start off with a few spoonfuls and put it back in the fridge but I'm back at it again 10 minutes later. 5 minutes after that the empty pot is usually at the bottom of the bin.

Haha glad it's not just me eating it by the tub!
    Thanks again for the tip :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Haha glad it's not just me eating it by the tub!
    Thanks again for the tip :)

Have you tried the Glenisk Greek style yoghurt? It's really similar to Liberté! I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've made Turkey Pilaff with Pomegranate and Dill for tomorrow's taster class. I used wild and long grain rice and left out the oil so it's syn free though you can add a variety of seeds and count them as part of your Hex B.

Thanks Dolbert I will try it, the Tesco finest one is nicely thick but has that salty flavour that makes me gag :(
    I'm lucky the cat likes yogurt because I'm going to be throwing out a lot of ends of tubs!

I needed to lose 1 lb to get my 6 stone award... I lost 1/2 lb :( I think I overindulged too much on the SW chips so will have to limit that a bit next week :o I also was out twice for lunch (I tried to be really good though) I may cut the syns back a bit too and stick to around 8.5 syns a day.

Still at least it was a loss (albeit a small one!) 1/2 lb till my award and 6 lbs to go to target... have to keep going.

• Advertisement

upinthesky wrote: »
    So reached my target but would like another seven pounds off, but taking a week out just to relax a bit so expecting to be up next week, will i have to pay next week if i changed my target online?

Hey upinthesky- if you're planning to take a week off, I wouldn't change your target just yet! Unless you're an online member, you're free to go now due to reaching target, and you'll still be free to go 3lb above and below your current weight! I would say get 4lb below your current weight, then you'll be in the area of paying again, and change your target then. That way you only have 3lb to lose as a paying member!

On another note, I did change my target online before and it never registered on my leader's system. Could have been a glitch at the time though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement