Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,258 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Mayflower is being rolled out to more shops. Popping up in a few independent shops now as well as super valu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Hi everyone. It seems like a stupid question but I think I'm better off asking it to protect me weight loss! I'm in America for the next 10 days and I know that the food here is going to be a killer as I went to a supermarket last night and they barely stocked any fruit and veg for me to munch on! But what I wondering was about the fizzy drinks. I bought a bottle of diet 7up and it had hardly any nutritional information on it. It did say 0 calories so I'm going to assume that it's free? It's not the same bottle as 7up free at home so I'm a bit worried! I drink a good bit of fizzy drinks because I really struggle to drink water! But I don't want to ruin my week by having unnecessary Syns because I'm sure everything else will be synful enough! Sorry for the stupid question!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

From what I remember, "zero calories" in America can actually mean less than 5 calories per serving. So possible syns, but not many. The diet fizzy drinks are probably fine, if there are calories they're minimal anyway so you'd be safe enough IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Yeah your diet drinks should still be fine. Seek out a Wholefoods supermarket if you can, fantastic selection of fruit and veg!
    Edit: oh yeah, and have a fantastic time! If you're in New York (and probably other cities but I've only been to New York!) most delis will have ready to eat fresh fruit packs too, much better selection than supermarkets... and Sunac delis are gorgeous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

m'lady wrote: »
    Oh wow, didn't think it could be gotten anywhere except one supermarket in Swords, I usually buy it in bulk!! There's a butchers here that sells it but sells it for €4 which I refuse to give him that! Have you got it in many supervalu's?

I just found it today in ardkeen stores in Waterford, it's a red box with a carton of powder .. I just opened it for a smell... Omg. I am going to have that tonight with chicken and bacon, rice and slimming world chips .. diet? What diet!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Next Thursday will be my last weigh in as I am going to the UK for nearly a week the following Wednesday. The flight is quite late on Wednesday week so I will have time to hang around the airport (do I bring my own food with me to eat) and weigh in when I am away or take my first ever SW holiday (never taken one in all my time in SW and I have been there 13 months lol) :eek:

I am leaning towards just having the week off, maybe I weigh in at home, just to see what I could be... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

This is why I don't bake anymore - just made a big batch of rocky road cupcakes (approximately a million syns each!) for a party thing tomorrow and found myself picking at bits of marshmallow and of course licking the spatula at the end... ah well, I'll just have to cut back on my usual chocolate syns tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Vahevala wrote: »
    Next Thursday will be my last weigh in as I am going to the UK for nearly a week the following Wednesday. The flight is quite late on Wednesday week so I will have time to hang around the airport (do I bring my own food with me to eat) and weigh in when I am away or take my first ever SW holiday (never taken one in all my time in SW and I have been there 13 months lol) :eek:

I am leaning towards just having the week off, maybe I weigh in at home, just to see what I could be... :D

Well if you would like a week off then I'd take it off, after 13 months I'm sure you will nearly automatically pick a more healthy option anyway?

m'lady wrote: »
    Well if you would like a week off then I'd take it off, after 13 months I'm sure you will nearly automatically pick a more healthy option anyway?

Lol, I tend when I am on holidays to just have things that I shouldn't or normally don't have.. I suppose we all have to live anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Vahevala wrote: »
    Lol, I tend when I am on holidays to just have things that I shouldn't or normally don't have.. I suppose we all have to live anyway :)

Yes we do, and you will come back feeling more motivated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

This is the one I got. It was delicious! Can't believe how much it was like chinese curry. Had a small Naan bread for 8 syns too. Lovely Saturday night treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Hi! I joined slimming world last week. Just found this thread and can't wait to read how everyone is getting on!

My OH could do with losing weight too but won't sign up so I am going to put him on the diet without him really knowing. How many syns and healthy extras do men get? He's 6ft5 and about 25 stone if that's needed. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Does anyone know how many sys are in Coors Light, Corona light and regular Corona. It's a regular pub bottle of 330ml the same as can be bought in off licenses?

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    Hi! I joined slimming world last week. Just found this thread and can't wait to read how everyone is getting on!

My OH could do with losing weight too but won't sign up so I am going to put him on the diet without him really knowing. How many syns and healthy extras do men get? He's 6ft5 and about 25 stone if that's needed. Thanks

He'd have 25 syns. Not sure you could control that without him knowing but best of luck to the pair of you

Does anyone know how many sys are in Coors Light, Corona light and regular Corona. It's a regular pub bottle of 330ml the same as can be bought in off licenses?

Coors is 5.5
    Corona is 7

Website doesn't list corona light but I'd put it at 5.5 too to be safe

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Dodge wrote: »
    He'd have 25 syns. Not sure you could control that without him knowing but best of luck to the pair of you
    Thanks and healthy extras are same for everyone?
    I won't be able to do it 100%. I make him his lunch and dinner so can control them. I can't control much after that but if he eats 2 filling health meals everyday it's a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

I think Corona Light is 5 syns.

ALCOHOL SYN VALUES
    Coors Light Beer 275ml Bottle 4.5 Syns
    Guinness Original 500ml Bottle 9 Syns
    Budweiser Light 330ml Bottle 5 Syns
    Budweiser 330ml Bottle 7.5 Syns
    Bulmers Light Cider 568ml 8 Syns
    Bulmers 568ml Bottle 12 Syns
    Carlsberg Export 440ml Can 9 Syns
    Carlsberg Special Brew 440ml can 15 Syns
    Stella Artois 440ml can 9 syns

Stella Artois 330ml bottle 7 Syns
    Strongbow Cider 440ml can 8 Syns
    Strongbow Cider 330ml bottle 6 Syns
    Bacardi Breezer Blueberry 275ml bottle 5 Syns
    Orange Bacardi Breezer 275ml bottle 7.5 Syns
    Bacardi Breezer Half Sugar 5 Syns to 5.5 Syns
    Bacardi Breezer Lime 8.5 Syns
    WKD, Vodka Blue, Original 330ml bottle 13.5 Syns
    Bass Beers Shandy Bass 330ml can 3.5 Syns
    Cobra Beer Ltd Cobra Zero % 330ml bottle 4 Syns
    Corona Light per bottle 5 Syns
    Bulmers Light 330mls bottle 4.5 Syns

I was up 1lb on Thursday, wasn't expecting to be up as I thought I'd done a good week, at least I had a diary filled in so I'll see what feedback my leader has in case I'm doing something wrong. I've been sticking to plan since then but we're going out for lunch though my lot are on about going for a buffet lunch at an Indian restaurant which will be a big challenge for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

I love west coast cooler rose and its 21 syns for a large 750ml bottle just to inform anyone who likes it also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

This weight loss costs a fair bit of money.

Bought jeans that were perfect on me 5 weeks ago. I have went down a 2/3 notches on my belt and need a new pair.

Not complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Has anyone tried these diet pills things while on slimming world, in your opinion do they help or are they a con?

upinthesky wrote: »
    Has anyone tried these diet pills things while on slimming world, in your opinion do they help or are they a con?

Anything manufactured or short term is a con. The only way you can lose weight for good is by changing how you eat, and then how active you are

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Bought jeans that were perfect on me 5 weeks ago. I have went down a 2/3 notches on my belt and need a new pair.

I have gone down 4 sizes since I joined in Jan, charity shops are my saviour! I pick up a new pair of jeans for less than a fiver every couple of months, wouldn't be able to afford to update my wardrobe if I was buying new

Thank you everyone for the syn values of alcohol. I haven't had alcohol in weeks but going out tonight. Starting with dinner so I might hold off on the alcohol until after dinner. It's scarily high in syns!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Up a lb this morning. Wasn't a shocker. Was expecting more! Back on plan this week! No messing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I've been unusually on-plan for a bank holiday weekend, probably helped by the fact that I'm sick and can't taste much :pac: If I'm not down on Wednesday, I'll be pissed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Crazy weekend away with my OH's family. I managed to stay about 90% on track but mysteriously managed to eat about half of a bar of Galaxy on Sunday night in front of the TV :o

I was really really good for tues- fri. Wasn't so good Sunday and Monday😯
    Hope I'm down something tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Best of luck everyone, I am so nervous about weighing in on Thursday as I really am desperate to lose 1.5 lbs to get my 6 stone certificate (and rid myself of the gain from the week before!)

I know this is probably TMI but if I don't have two healthy B's on this plan, I really struggle with the lack of fibre (which I think is why I think that I gained last week) so sticking to red days for now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement