Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

No weigh in this week at we were away at the weekend and the meeting didn't suit.

Bank holiday is out of the way and all focus now moves towards christmas and a november of hard work !

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Vahevala wrote: »
    Best of luck everyone, I am so nervous about weighing in on Thursday as I really am desperate to lose 1.5 lbs to get my 6 stone certificate (and rid myself of the gain from the week before!)

I know this is probably TMI but if I don't have two healthy B's on this plan, I really struggle with the lack of fibre (which I think is why I think that I gained last week) so sticking to red days for now.

Have you tried the Scan Bran stuff yet? It's supposed to be packed with fibre and someone on my group done it because she was struggling to get to target and lost over 3 pounds in a week. It may be an idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

If you're on target how often do you need to weigh in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Have you tried the Scan Bran stuff yet? It's supposed to be packed with fibre and someone on my group done it because she was struggling to get to target and lost over 3 pounds in a week. It may be an idea?

I tried it before but it was horrid so I couldn't eat it lol, my issue was I struggle to go if I don't have two healthy B lol. I will plod on :)

upinthesky wrote: »
    If you're on target how often do you need to weigh in?

They encourage members to attend each week (like I will when I get there) but you need to attend at least once every two months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

ye i like to keep track also, so just wanted to know incase i couldn't make it!

upinthesky wrote: »
    ye i like to keep track also, so just wanted to know incase i couldn't make it!

I know if I didn't keep going, I would go off track lol

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Vahevala wrote:
    I know this is probably TMI but if I don't have two healthy B's on this plan, I really struggle with the lack of fibre (which I think is why I think that I gained last week) so sticking to red days for now.

My other half has the same problem on the extra easy plan but we've come up with a solution that works for him. 2-3 times a week he has lentils, anything with mince I just throw in a few handfuls of lentils or I make a veg and lentil soup or for a bit of a change I make Dahl. Don't know if it would work for you but might be worth giving it a go seeing as you're so close to target.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

My other half has the same problem on the extra easy plan but we've come up with a solution that works for him. 2-3 times a week he has lentils, anything with mince I just throw in a few handfuls of lentils or I make a veg and lentil soup or for a bit of a change I make Dahl. Don't know if it would work for you but might be worth giving it a go seeing as you're so close to target.

When I wanted to get some lentils into my kids growing up I would boil them in with the rice and especially if you were putting something saucy over it like curry or chilli you don't notice them.

Thanks so much, I will give it a go... I have taken to having 3 cups of peppermint tea, one after each meal which I think is helping. It is a major issue for me :eek::(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I had to weigh early this week and was very happy to be down a pound! I have a challenging few days ahead so hope I can make the best choices for a similar result next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Hi :)

Is there anyone here who doesn't eat dairy? Just wondering what you use your hexa for? I'll never use 1l of almond milk in a week let alone a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Up a pound this week. I got away with murder. Had a horrific week last week. Never so glad to see a gain of (just) one. Back on plan now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,258 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Pembily wrote: »

Is there anyone here who doesn't eat dairy? Just wondering what you use your hexa for? I'll never use 1l of almond milk in a week let alone a day.

I didn't eat dairy before SW but now use it on a variety of cheeses that I wouldn't have dared eat before. Stuff like feta (in salads instead of dressing) and halloumi (grilled) for taste and texture

I probably only use my hex A 3/4 times a week

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭leelee77

I have minimal milk in my tea, don't like cheese, yoghurt or any dairy really. I think I'll need to get calcium supplements.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Joined back tonight and I was 3lb up since my last weigh in back in June. Not too bad really in that time so I'm happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Was up 3.5lb today, had cake for breakfast, was wearing jeans and been living on chocolate these last few days so I would say it went quite well! Wedding in the morning and my group had a banner up and little gifts for us, I was so delighted, still can't stop smiling, slimming world really has changed my life around, never thought in January when I joined that I would be looking forward to getting my photo taken on my wedding day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,258 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Congrats StillThinking. Enjoy tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Down a pound and a half! So that puts me 1 pound from 5 stone total loss, 3 pounds from target :)
    Delighted doesn't cover it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Down 2lbs today but had been up 1lb last week and hadn't expected to be up. 1.5lbs to my next it of bling for my book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Was up 3.5lb today, had cake for breakfast, was wearing jeans and been living on chocolate these last few days so I would say it went quite well! Wedding in the morning and my group had a banner up and little gifts for us, I was so delighted, still can't stop smiling, slimming world really has changed my life around, never thought in January when I joined that I would be looking forward to getting my photo taken on my wedding day

Enjoy tomorrow. Congratulations. You will look fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Anyone else here tried the Weetabix cake? I'm sure someone recommended it to me on this thread. Just made it this evening and it's so good! I added some extra spices (nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon as well as mixed spice) and I used 40g All Bran instead of the Weetabix, and it's so yummy! Had it with a sneaky bit of real butter, heaven :)
    This is the recipe I used:
    Preheat oven to 160 degrees (fan) or 180 degrees (non fan) or gas mark 4. Line a 1lb loaf tin with parchment or non stick baking paper.
    Take 2 Weetabix OR 40g All Bran and place in a mixing bowl.
    Add 200ml skimmed milk and leave to soak for 2 to 3 minutes, then mash with a fork.
    Add 100g sultanas, 100g self raising flour, 1 tsp mixed spice, 2 tablespoons sweetener and 2 large eggs, beaten, and beat together.
    Pour into tin and bake for an hour.
    Remove from tin but leave the paper on, and cool on a wire rack.
    Edited to add syn value - 3.5 syns per slice, cuts into 12 slices :)

Hope you have a brilliant day StillThinking!

2lbs down today. 4.5lbs to target and 16lbs gone since I started 8 weeks ago. I'm delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

StillThinking have a great day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Well your healthy A is only really to ensure you get enough calcium. I skip mine a lot because I only really eat a small amount of goat's cheese usually.

If you skip it, maybe eat more of these foods -
    http://greatist.com/health/18-surprising-dairy-free-sources-calcium to ensure you get enough calcium, or take calcium supplements?

I am really at the end of my tether with SW and I have really thought about throwing in the towel. Last week out of nowhere I gained 1lb and this week I maintained and yet I am following the plan to the letter. I am fed up, upset and frustrated. :mad::(

I am going on holiday next Wednesday so won't be weighing in next week (as I usually weigh in on Thursdays), it has actually got to the point that even if I could weigh in, I can't bear to sit through image therapy and go through the motions... to make it worse last night, my Consultant kept saying that I have lost 6 stone, no I haven't (not on SW anyway), I am 1.5 lbs away from it. :mad::mad:

Sorry for the negative post but it really is something that is frustrating me now. maybe the drinking of the squash doesn't agree with me so will have to give it up.

So you've still lost 5 stone 12.5 pounds!

Anybody would be happy with that. It hasn't gone your way for 2 weeks that's all. It's only a gain of 1.5 pounds. That is nothing. You're consultant was right to bring that to your attention. You might not be rewarded with a loss every week but in the long run you are much better off now than you were before

So you've still lost 5 stone 12.5 pounds!

Anybody would be happy with that. It hasn't gone your way for 2 weeks that's all. It's only a gain of 1.5 pounds. That is nothing. You're consultant was right to bring that to your attention. You might not be rewarded with a loss every week but in the long run you are much better off now than you were before

Well gain of 1lb... it is just so hard when I am trying so hard on this plan and seeing no results. I have tried a fish week with low syns and no carbs for evening meals - that saw a gain. I tried more syns and be good as gold.. I stayed the same :confused:

I have now given up the squash and drinking more plain water and will stay on plan till next Wednesday. Looking forward to taking a break from SW after that to be honest.

• Advertisement

Do you eat much melon? I find the more melon I eat the more it tends to flush me out so to speak

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement