Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Dodge wrote: »
    Never seen it here. Wife thinks it's only available in UK (Sainsbury's etc)

Last xmas we made stuffing out of low syn sausages if that's any use

Ah jaysus:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

This butcher's do the low fat pork mince and other low fat meats

http://slimvalleyfreshfoods.com/product/pork-mince-5-fat/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

OMG I actually never thought of that Guys, ill do that with the sausages.. Still getting use to all the tricks but really enjoying all the cooking.. I find im constantly thinking of food tho lol.....
    Thanks Dee_mc & Dodge :)

I do this all the time with the Syn Free Mallons sausages. My partner pleads for it alongside certain dinners, a family tradition of sorts. For a long time she didn't actually notice I changed the sausage meat for the Synless Mallons'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I asked Slimming World on Twitter if we are on SP days, can we snack on fruit alone.

Their reply was: "You can have any S and P foods for snacks"

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Vahevala wrote: »
    I asked Slimming World on Twitter if we are on SP days, can we snack on fruit alone.

Their reply was: "You can have any S and P foods for snacks"

If you are doing sp for a few days would you mind please posting what you have for breaky, lunch and dinner. I found it impossible after 2 days to think of ideas. Thanks

• Advertisement

If you are doing sp for a few days would you mind please posting what you have for breaky, lunch and dinner. I found it impossible after 2 days to think of ideas. Thanks

I have really only done SP for 1 day so far but yesterday, I had:

Breakfast: 35g Shreddies (Healthy B) with 250 ml semi skimmed milk (Healthy A) with a slice of melon & clementine

Snacks: Apple

Lunch : 1 bagel Slim (healthy B) with chicken & egg and clementines

Dinner: Salmon, peas, broccoli, carrots & cauliflower and then my syns as normal lol

Today, I had my weetabix, melon & clementine for breakfast and will have a fry up for lunch and haven't really thought of dinner yet as I need to go shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hi everyone, I have just joined slimming world. Not really sure if I am doing it right!!! this is roughly what I had the other day. I didn't have my food shopping in as it is arriving today. So my dinner will be much better!!!

Breakfast: 2 slices of nimble bread with 1tsp flora light. Cup of tea and a satsuma.

Little break: a muller light yoghurt and a banana. Cup of tea

Lunch: baked potato and a small tin of beans. Half my plate was salad (lettuce, carrot, cucumber) and a tbsp of balsamic dressing. 2 satsumas. A cup of tea.

Dinner: a packet of roast chicken breast pieces (they are in a sealed pack), a cup of low cal veg cupa soup (40kcals but I think that is a few Syns??)
    A satsuma, a muller light yoghurt. A cup of tea.

I had 2 litres of water during the day.milk in tea was skimmed and less than 350ml in total but I counted it as the dairy you are allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Millem wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I have just joined slimming world. Not really sure if I am doing it right!!! this is roughly what I had the other day. I didn't have my food shopping in as it is arriving today. So my dinner will be much better!!!

Breakfast: 2 slices of nimble bread with 1tsp flora light. Cup of tea and a satsuma.

Little break: a muller light yoghurt and a banana. Cup of tea

Lunch: baked potato and a small tin of beans. Half my plate was salad (lettuce, carrot, cucumber) and a tbsp of balsamic dressing. 2 satsumas. A cup of tea.

Dinner: a packet of roast chicken breast pieces (they are in a sealed pack), a cup of low cal veg cupa soup (40kcals but I think that is a few Syns??)
    A satsuma, a muller light yoghurt. A cup of tea.

I had 2 litres of water during the day.milk in tea was skimmed and less than 350ml in total but I counted it as the dairy you are allowed.

Hey welcome!
    It looks good but I'd add more speed for your breakfast and dinner, remember it should be 1/3 speed with all meals.
    I'd also check that the packet chicken your having isn't synned (could have oil or something hidden in it), and check the syns for your cuppa soup! Personally I don't think you have had a big enough dinner (and I'm a light eater!), remember you should never go hungry with SW.

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey welcome!
    It looks good but I'd add more speed for your breakfast and dinner, remember it should be 1/3 speed with all meals.
    I'd also check that the packet chicken your having isn't synned (could have oil or something hidden in it), and check the syns for your cuppa soup! Personally I don't think you have had a big enough dinner (and I'm a light eater!), remember you should never go hungry with SW.

I agree I didn't have enough dinner!!! God I hope that chicken isn't too high in signs :eek: I checked the app but couldn't really be 100% sure. I Defo need more speed....

I agree I didn't have enough dinner!!! God I hope that chicken isn't too high in signs :eek: I checked the app but couldn't really be 100% sure. I Defo need more speed....

Well what's the ingredients alongside the chicken? Yes you need more speed, I find melon great, and it flushes you out as it's full of water. What kind of food do you usually like?

• Advertisement

m'lady wrote: »
    Well what's the ingredients alongside the chicken? Yes you need more speed, I find melon great, and it flushes you out as it's full of water. What kind of food do you usually like?

Well I got some different ones delivered today as tesco were out of stock :(
    These ones are "flame grilled chicken chunks". Ingredients: chicken, rice flour, potato starch, corn flour, salt, stabiliser, dextrose, rapeseed oil.
    So 100g gives 96kcal, 0.3g Saturated fat.

Well I got some different ones delivered today as tesco were out of stock :(
    These ones are "flame grilled chicken chunks". Ingredients: chicken, rice flour, potato starch, corn flour, salt, stabiliser, dextrose, rapeseed oil.
    So 100g gives 96kcal, 0.3g Saturated fat.

There could be syns in that but it's hard to know. You could go in the sw website and work it out?

Tesco Flame Grilled Chicken Chunks, chilled 180g pack (per 100g) are free, I love the sweet chilli ones, they are also free :)

Vahevala wrote: »
    Tesco Flame Grilled Chicken Chunks, chilled 180g pack (per 100g) are free, I love the sweet chilli ones, they are also free :)

Thanks.....I bought 4 packs ;)

Best of luck Millem. Give yourself a few days of trial and error to get into the swing of SW. The hardest part for me initially was eating enough and using my syns. You'll see good losses if you keep on top of both.

I went out last night for the first time in ages where I wasn't the designated driver. Thanks to an incredibly slow restaurant service I only had two drinks @ 5 syns each. I stuck to steak with mushrooms and a side salad for my meal. I'm so determined to get my 5 stone cert for Christmas. The notion of a creme brulee almost through me off track but I stuck to my guns :o

Best of luck Millem. Give yourself a few days of trial and error to get into the swing of SW. The hardest part for me initially was eating enough and using my syns. You'll see good losses if you keep on top of both.

I went out last night for the first time in ages where I wasn't the designated driver. Thanks to an incredibly slow restaurant service I only had two drinks @ 5 syns each. I stuck to steak with mushrooms and a side salad for my meal. I'm so determined to get my 5 stone cert for Christmas. The notion of a creme brulee almost through me off track but I stuck to my guns :o

Thanks a million! Oh gosh do I have to use all my syns? Tbh I really don't think my leader is Great and not being mean (I hate saying this) but she is a good bit overweight herself :confused::confused::confused::confused: are the leaders on slimming world with you? she was saying don't use your syns and you will lose more. I would be delighted with 1-2lbs per week but she was saying I should aim for 5lbs in my first week :eek: all the class seem to love her. I may change groups but the location is very handy.

On a separate note I had a mallon's low fat gluten free sausage and it was grand :) I had it with beans, fried mushrooms and fried tomato. I used that fry light spray.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Thanks a million! Oh gosh do I have to use all my syns? Tbh I really don't think my leader is Great and not being mean (I hate saying this) but she is very overweight herself :confused::confused::confused::confused: she was saying don't use your syns and you will lose more. I would be delighted with 1-2lbs per week but she was saying I should aim for 5lbs in my first week :eek: all the class seem to love her. I may change groups but the location is very handy.

On a separate note I had a mallon's low fat gluten free sausage and it was grand :) I had it with beans, fried mushrooms and fried tomato. I used that fry light spray.

My leader is excellent and she advises people to use their syns and the ones who use their syns tend to have better losses.

deisemum wrote: »
    My leader is excellent and she advises people to use their syns and the ones who use their syns tend to have better losses.

I know some girls in work go to a different SW and they say their leader is fab :) I will see what she is like this week. It seemed I was at a stand up comedy gig!!
    There were so many new members (7). All of them apart from me had done SW before. She basically just said read the books, get the app. I asked her what brand of bread to buy as in book it gives it in grams and I had to go straight to shops as it was the 7.30pm class. She said slimming world don't promote any products. I was sitting beside two nice girls at the meeting and they gave me a few tips!!

Thanks a million! Oh gosh do I have to use all my syns? Tbh I really don't think my leader is Great and not being mean (I hate saying this) but she is a good bit overweight herself :confused::confused::confused::confused: are the leaders on slimming world with you? she was saying don't use your syns and you will lose more. I would be delighted with 1-2lbs per week but she was saying I should aim for 5lbs in my first week :eek: all the class seem to love her. I may change groups but the location is very handy.

I use at least 10 syns a day, but more often I hit about 12/13 a day. If I use less than 10 syns more than two days in the week I tend to have no loss or a very low (1/2lb) loss even if I stick to the plan. In the beginning I found it difficult to use my syns because anything I wanted that was synable (chocolate, mayo) seemed like an extortionate amount of syns to use. Now I just go for it though. I tend to use my syns on sweet chili sauce or sauces in general, a hifi bar or two, honey and raisins for my porridge, rapeseed oil if I'm cooking steak, squares of dark chocolate and peanut butter.

Find out what you'll "miss the most" on the diet and incorporate them into your syns.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Wow millem your leader doesn't sound great at all. Wonder do sw know that she's like this?? As it wouldn't be what they are usually like. Telling someone they should be losing 5 lb us very wrong. Every person is diff and saying that to someone is very wrong. I would Def look in to another class. What areas would you be interested in and we might be able to help out?

• Advertisement

andreac wrote: »
    Wow millem your leader doesn't sound great at all. Wonder do sw know that she's like this?? As it wouldn't be what they are usually like. Telling someone they should be losing 5 lb us very wrong. Every person is diff and saying that to someone is very wrong. I would Def look in to another class. What areas would you be interested in and we might be able to help out?

Andreac they all love the leader!!! I thought maybe she was a helper and was waiting for the actual leader lol. there were girls there who have lost 5 stone plus so maybe she is good?

I know for people who have a lot to lose the lose loads in the first week but like I am really a size 14 but am squeezing into a 12. I know there is another leader in my postcode who is meant to be deadly. Tbh I know I have to lose the weight as I just want to fit into my pre baby clothes (size 10) but that could be 2stone but God only knows as my body shape has changed and I am convinced the clothes shops are making the clothes bigger to make us feel good!!
    I am very determined ;)

I just wanted someone to explain to me what do I do. Like I just had a homemade burger and slimming world chips..couldn't face salad so had some pineapple and 2 satsumas. I hope the fruit count the same as veg? I used 1 egg and a spoonful of flour but got 3 burgers. (I only ate 1).
    So I am guessing i syn the flour :confused:

Yes you syn the flour. Also don't forget pineapple isn't speed. Only the satsumas are.
    She sounds very strange to be honest and her methods wouldn't be the norm for sw if you ask me. I'm doing it a few years now so I know the plan inside out and Def trying to get you to lose 5lbs is wrong. I'm like you, don't have a huge amount to lose and I only really lose a lb each week. I've never ever had more than a 4lb loss in one week and my 4lb loss came when I had out on weight the week before and I got it back off that week with a little bit extra. So don't be beating yourself up if you aren't getting big losses.

andreac wrote: »
    Yes you syn the flour. Also don't forget pineapple isn't speed. Only the satsumas are.
    She sounds very strange to be honest and her methods wouldn't be the norm for sw if you ask me. I'm doing it a few years now so I know the plan inside out and Def trying to get you to lose 5lbs is wrong. I'm like you, don't have a huge amount to lose and I only really lose a lb each week. I've never ever had more than a 4lb loss in one week and my 4lb loss came when I had out on weight the week before and I got it back off that week with a little bit extra. So don't be beating yourself up if you aren't getting big losses.

Oh I thought pineapple was speed...I wouldn't mind I don't even like it!!!
    I did weight watchers years and years ago and became a gold member with their own plan but I started off in healthy bmi range so just lost a stone. That was on their own plan not the pro points. I found old WW grand. I would be delighted with 1-2lbs per week :)

It used to be but they changed it a while back. Pineapple banana, blueberries and mango are no longer speed but are free. Melon is great for your speed or strawberries too.
    Go with that you are comfortable with and what works for you. 1 to 2 is perfect.

What I hate is when SW consultants pipe up with the line "The more speed you eat, the more weight you lose", that doesn't work or never has with me lol. I have always been a steady loser, no huge amounts per week.

Also the other day, I was drinking the no sugar added squashes but I believe they were hindering my losses so I said to her I think I shouldn't have them anymore and she said there is no way they would affect my loss.. each person is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Hmm that's interesting re 'the more speed you have the more weight you lose', that wouldn't be the case for me at all and my consultant is adamant that you shouldn't go further than one third speed with each meal, and would fill up on free food - that's what works for me.
    I'm surprised that consultants are getting away with giving ambiguous information and not following the SW party line, my consultant has had at least one visit from head office or regional managers in the past year to check up on her so presumably that's the case for all of them.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Hmm that's interesting re 'the more speed you have the more weight you lose', that wouldn't be the case for me at all and my consultant is adamant that you shouldn't go further than one third speed with each meal, and would fill up on free food - that's what works for me.
    I'm surprised that consultants are getting away with giving ambiguous information and not following the SW party line, my consultant has had at least one visit from head office or regional managers in the past year to check up on her so presumably that's the case for all of them.

I had this from two different SW consultants so I think it is a popular opinion with a lot of consultants. I probably don't eat enough free food for snacking but I think it is hard to snack on free food. Fruit is always an easier option I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Hello :)
    I'm gonna jump on this thread if I can! I just joined slimming world last week so hoping to get some help /inspiration as needed because my first week .... was not so good :o :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Hello :)
    I'm gonna jump on this thread if I can! I just joined slimming world last week so hoping to get some help /inspiration as needed because my first week .... was not so good :o :pac:

Welcome! Why wasn't your first week so good? Anything in particular you're finding hard? Just shout!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

dee_mc wrote: »
    Welcome! Why wasn't your first week so good? Anything in particular you're finding hard? Just shout!

Thanks dee_mac! Just a big change :( I found the talk through quiet rushed and it's a big change of eating habits so I definitely struggled this week (I joined on Tuesday ). I think I have the basic understanding of it but I find myself struggling as I was on shift work and just ate cereal or deli sandwich all the time. I never ate dinners ! So it seems like a lot of food to eat in a day !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement