Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Down 2.5lbs. Now down 26.5lbs :eek: can't Believe I was that much heavier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Millem wrote: »
    Down 2.5lbs. Now down 26.5lbs :eek: can't Believe I was that much heavier.

That is just amazing, well done! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Up a pound. A bit disappointed as I was on plan all week. I had a chat with everyone at group and some of the members that are fitness addicts gave me loads of advice about what helps them to stay full when exercising and they said that I should measure myself and do that for the next few weeks as I probably won't see the results on the scales until my body gets into a rhythm. Someone suggested I give up the exercise and see if that's what has me all over the place. And honestly I couldn't do it. I love my walking time where I can clear my head and I literally walk out of boxercise beaming because I have such a good time even though it is tough. Fingers crossed for a maintain or a loss next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Down 3lb tonight (over 2 weeks), so that's pretty much the Christmas gain gone! I'm all geared up for next week now, aiming for another 2lb to get me into the next stone zone!

weight.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Down a half tonight. Felt it should be more but it's 4lbs in 3 weeks so I'm happy with that. I'm away in Spain this weekend so I'd be delighted with a maintain next week but will try be 100% on plan the other days.
    Due my monthlies tomorrow so might be why I haven't lost as much as I thought it should be.

• Advertisement

Merkin wrote: »
    That is just amazing, well done! :)

Merkin I honestly think a lot is down to cutting out white bread!! Can believe I let myself get so heavy. It is a slippery slope after having a baby!!!!

Millem wrote: »
    Merkin I honestly think a lot is down to cutting out white bread!! Can believe I let myself get so heavy. It is a slippery slope after having a baby!!!!

I completely agree, and for me it was AFTER having baby Merkin that I put on weight. I'd some to lose anyway but I put on almost a stone after having him so I can't call that baby weight :o Bread is the devil!!! I still have two slices of McCambridges a day but that's it! I won't allow it in the house!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

m'lady wrote: »
    Another suggestion for breakfast welld would be the baked oats, they are really nice and you can have them as plain as you like.. I tasted some last night in SW where the woman added grated carrot and cinnamon, had a real carrot cake flavour!

Can I have the recipe for this? It may be posted already but the site won't allow me go back. It's my first time to be able to login in days!

Down 2.5 yesterday!

Merkin wrote: »
    I completely agree, and for me it was AFTER having baby Merkin that I put on weight. I'd some to lose anyway but I put on almost a stone after having him so I can't call that baby weight :o Bread is the devil!!! I still have two slices of McCambridges a day but that's it! I won't allow it in the house!

Merkin I was the same!! I put on weight after having the baby! Just from eating rubbish. I have an addiction to white bread so I am just not even going there!!!
    I only have 2 slices of that be good bread. Not everyday maybe 5 days or less a week.

Nothing and I mean nothing tastes better than being slimmer ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Can I have the recipe for this? It may be posted already but the site won't allow me go back. It's my first time to be able to login in days!

Down 2.5 yesterday!

No problem!

Baked oats

35g porridge oats
    3 tbsp of yogurt (I used a vanilla muller light)
    3 tbsp sweetener
    1 egg
    100g raspberries (frozen)
    A few drops of vanilla essence

- mix all ingredients up, put into a loaf tin or silicone bun cases ( spray frylight onto loaf tin otherwise it will stick)

Bake at 180 for 30-35 minutes.

I turned the heat down to about 170 as I felt it cooked too fast on outside and was a bit soggy inside!

• Advertisement

m'lady wrote: »
    No problem!

Baked oats

35g porridge oats
    3 tbsp of yogurt (I used a vanilla muller light)
    3 tbsp sweetener
    1 egg
    100g raspberries (frozen)
    A few drops of vanilla essence

- mix all ingredients up, put into a loaf tin or silicone bun cases ( spray frylight onto loaf tin otherwise it will stick)

Bake at 180 for 30-35 minutes.

I turned the heat down to about 170 as I felt it cooked too fast on outside and was a bit soggy inside!

That's sounds interesting.
    Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I didn't stay for class yesterday because I had stuff to do.

Found out from the consultant's fb group that I got slimmer of the month! :D

So do I get my cert next week since I wasn't there this week? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I didn't stay for class yesterday because I had stuff to do.

Found out from the consultant's fb group that I got slimmer of the month! :D

So do I get my cert next week since I wasn't there this week? :)

You will, well done.

deisemum wrote: »
    You will, well done.

Tbh, although I'm only three weeks in, the certs and stickers are really motivating me (as well as the two free classes I won last week and the one I won this week :pac: ).

It helps keep me encouraged when my sisters take nights off from the plan four nights a week and eat junk food next to me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Do you get free classss if you win Slimmer of the Month? I've won it before and I never got anything for it. Was just mentioned and then moved on to something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,303 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Do you get free classss if you win Slimmer of the Month? I've won it before and I never got anything for it. Was just mentioned and then moved on to something else.

No, just a cert and a sticker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Down 5.5 tonight , that's 17llb since I started three weeks ago 😄😄.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Down 0.5.... I had an utterly crap week though!

Just wondering for those of you that go to meetings how long to they go on for? Are they at the time the meeting is advertised for or an hour later?

cyning wrote: »

Just wondering for those of you that go to meetings how long to they go on for? Are they at the time the meeting is advertised for or an hour later?

Ours take about two hours from opening til finish.

About 40 minutes is people weighing in, then the chat starts after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Up 2.5lbs but it was expected after my weekend away.

• Advertisement

moonshadow wrote: »
    Down 5.5 tonight , that's 17llb since I started three weeks ago 😄😄.

Well done. That's unbelievable in three weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Oh yum I'm so making the carrot cakey baked oats today!

Was dying for chocolate all day yesterday not just a curly wurly or something syn friendly, I could have ate a box of roses if I got near them.

I was at work and said right I've lost 2 stone so I'll head to oasis and see approx how much more weight I'd need to lose to fit into their clothes to give me a goal to work to. I picked up a few bits thinking these haven't a hope of fitting BUT THEY DID😊😊 couldnt believe it. It's being a good 8 years since anything in oasis would have fit me. That gave me a serious boost and was happy with just a curly wurly later. 😊😊😊

cyning wrote: »

Ours is scheduled for 5.30 but weigh in and new member talk is until 6. The class itself never starts until then. Usually lasts about 45 minutes. I usually turn up about 5.50 so I'm in and out in an hour

Had a NSV today.

I had a pair of jeans that I love, super tight skinnies. To get them on, I had to pull them up bit by bit from the ankles, like with tights, then lie on the bed to suck my stomach in to close them :o :pac: Naturally, they weren't comfortable.

My mam bought me a pair of them about six months ago in a size smaller than the ones I bet onto me. So they've been sitting in the press with tags still on ever since, cause the size I wore was too small as it was :o

Decided to try the smaller size this morning. Stood up, pulled them up, zipped them up, no hassle, no dragging at them, no lying down, and they're super comfortable :D

Can't believe I'm down a jeans size already!! And my arse looks class in them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Nice one Penny Tration! Tried on my skinniest jeans during the week and they fit... Still a couple of lbs until they're comfortable though!

What does NSV mean though???

ncmc wrote: »
    What does NSV mean though???

Non scale victory

I have to be careful about congratulating people about their class looking arses so consider this a general well done to anybody with a NSV :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

So after a month of being up and down (mostly up!) Something clicked in me yesterday and I'm refocused, my medication has evened itself out and feel like I'm finally able to get back on the right track. I still went to image therapy and got weighed every week, even when I was feeling like crap.
    So this is just a post to say even if you've had a few bad weeks or now it's coming into Feb and new years resolutions are starting to wane just keep going, you started slimming world for a reason and you can do it x

Weighed in yesterday and down 3lbs which I'm really pleased about, especially after gaining last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Down a pound this week. Had a rough week eating-wise (not eating enough). I changed my target to another 1.8 stone down a few weeks ago but if I hadn't I would have reached target this week. Pretty happy overall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Had Two NSV this weekend.. First went into River Island where I previously avoided as their clothes never fitted me and I'm now the proud owner of a size 12 super skinny jeans!
    Then this evening my 15 year old was wearing a short leather jacket (size 8) and I tried it on and it fitted.... Just about!

I've my weigh in tomorrow and I hope I've a loss, but I wasn't great today, myself and himself went out for dinner and I had a dessert... Eeeek !

Good luck to everyone in the coming week x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement