Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

2 big meals out this weekend, so quite unsure of a good result this week. Worth it *burps*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Dolbert wrote: »
    2 big meals out this weekend, so quite unsure of a good result this week. Worth it *burps*

Same here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

deisemum wrote: »
    Same here.

Likewise. Although if you feel you can genuinely draw a line under it and be good then you'll be fine. I find with SW ids it's approx 85% on plan and then to hell with it!!

I kept the rest of the day pretty sensible in both cases, I find if you're off-plan for that one meal rather than the whole day/weekend it shouldn't affect things too much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I kept the rest of the day pretty sensible in both cases, I find if you're off-plan for that one meal rather than the whole day/weekend it shouldn't affect things too much!

I really hope so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Anyone else having a Free Food February food tasting this week? I'm not sure what to make I usually make a low syn dessert but they normally have syns. Any ideas?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Wellyd wrote: »
    Anyone else having a Free Food February food tasting this week? I'm not sure what to make I usually make a low syn dessert but they normally have syns. Any ideas?!

Mine's tomorrow too. Asked my consultant and she said something that's low in syns is fine, so I'm making half syn brownies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Yeah I'm making brownies too, they always go down a treat!
    Broke my usual rule and weighed myself at home this morning, curiosity got the better of me after a heavy weekend at a wedding, but it looks like I've lost a tiny bit or else maintained - almost looking forward to proper weigh-in tomorrow now, as I would have been happy with a gain of a couple of pounds!

The brownies turned out very bitter even though I followed the recipe :/

Ideas for things I could top them with to sweeten them? Preferably not quark, I have none :pac:

Mine's tomorrow too. Asked my consultant and she said something that's low in syns is fine, so I'm making half syn brownies

Came across a packet of chicken drumsticks in the freezer so I think I'm going to make the devilled chicken from the website! My consultant is trying to push the free food only thing because the last few times there were food tasters someone brought an apple tart, a cream cake from a bakery and custard slices. Which made zero sense to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Low syn brownies?!

I'm missing it this week my husband is away for work so will only have time to run in and weigh :(

I was going making my spicy tomato sauce full of veg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Came across a packet of chicken drumsticks in the freezer so I think I'm going to make the devilled chicken from the website! My consultant is trying to push the free food only thing because the last few times there were food tasters someone brought an apple tart, a cream cake from a bakery and custard slices. Which made zero sense to me!

My leader wants free food only. I might try the deviled chicken, it looks easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,303 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Down 5 this week but only because I was sick. New plan of being sick every second week should see me down to perfect weight soon!

Yay to the 5 pounds not being sick though... hope your feeling better!

Cheers. Yeah, a sore throat remains but I'll survive

Down 2.5lb this week and finally into a new stone bracket, been dancing around it for months! I'm not going to class anymore, pretty much doing my own thing using MFP and SW principles but I still like checking into this thread :)

weight.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Was down 2lbs this week, thrilled!! I'm now 3lbs under my target so can't lose anymore without changing my target... I now need to decide whether I want to lose more or try and just tone up a bit and maintain.. Decisions, decisions! (But a great decision to have to make!)

Up 1.5lbs. Really disheartened I'm eating so well and exercising minimum 4 times a week. I really don't know where I'm going wrong. It's hard to keep eating well when the scales are not being my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Wellyd wrote:
    Up 1.5lbs. Really disheartened I'm eating so well and exercising minimum 4 times a week. I really don't know where I'm going wrong. It's hard to keep eating well when the scales are not being my friend.

Oh no I'm sorry to hear that, there is nothing worse!
    That was happening my other half for a while too, he started to change up what he was eating as he had the same breakfast, lunch, snacks and healthy extras every single day. The change up worked for him so maybe you could give that a go? Also plenty fluid if you're not already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

It's so demotivating when you've been good. Don't worry though, it happens us all and you gave to look at your progress in blocks of a month rather than week to week to keep you truly motivated imho.

It may seem counterintuitive but I'd go and have a fairly decadent cheat meal if I were you. I know my body can get used to one regimen quite quickly and I find being a bit bold and then being good again kind of kick starts the metabolism again. A nutritionist in the gym gave me that advice years ago. The only thing is to try and limit it to a meal or day rather than saying 'feck this' and letting it develop into a cheat week or fortnight or month which I have also been guilty of!:o

• Advertisement

I'd second what Merkin said, Wellyd - over and over I've heard people in my group marvel at the fact that they've kickstarted their weightloss after having a mental weekend of food and especially alcohol! Right back on track afterwards and you'd be amazed what the scales might say next week and the week after.

When I start exercising (from a zero base), I didn't see any losses for ages (put on weight a couple of weeks). Then it flew it off me. I don't know if there's any science behind this but it appears my body was reacting to different needs and the result was I didn't lose any weight

But when it "clicked" I lost faster than before. Easy for me to say "keep doing the right things" but I do hope you continue to exercise and eating right. It'll be worth it

dee_mc wrote: »
    I'd second what Merkin said, Wellyd - over and over I've heard people in my group marvel at the fact that they've kickstarted their weightloss after having a mental weekend of food and especially alcohol! Right back on track afterwards and you'd be amazed what the scales might say next week and the week after.

Thanks everyone I have the tape out now and I'm going to start measuring my waist and hips now. I kind of need to see a definite measurement to see that I'm getting somewhere and to keep me motivated. I was asked to go away on Saturday night to a party and I was undecided about it because I wanted to be good but fook it I'm going on the beer Saturday night! Might have a few goujons as well if there's and going and then back on plan Sunday! Maybe I just need a blow out! I'd be lost without all of you on this thread! Thanks as always!

Down 0.5 and I'm very disappointed. I know it's a loss but I was super strict, did SP (which works for me!) for four days, and didn't use my syns on junk food.

That said, I've had a rotten sore stomach, bloating and I'm er, blocked up ( sorry :o ) the past three days so that may have affected it.

I'm having my weekly cheat (takeaway and crisps) then SP for the rest of the week.

Tbh, I think the amount of veg I'm eating (bag of carrots and a full bag of frozen mixed veg each day) is what's causing the stomach issues. So I'm not sure how to fix that because I don't eat fruit and need speed

Down 0.5 and I'm very disappointed. I know it's a loss but I was super strict, did SP (which works for me!) for four days, and didn't use my syns on junk food.

That said, I've had a rotten sore stomach, bloating and I'm er, blocked up ( sorry :o ) the past three days so that may have affected it.

I'm having my weekly cheat (takeaway and crisps) then SP for the rest of the week.

Tbh, I think the amount of veg I'm eating (bag of carrots and a full bag of frozen mixed veg each day) is what's causing the stomach issues. So I'm not sure how to fix that because I don't eat fruit and need speed

Coffee and broccoli (and other green veg but tenderstem broccoli is my personal favourite!) should help with the, ahem, blockedupness ;)

dee_mc wrote: »
    Coffee and broccoli (and other green veg but tenderstem broccoli is my personal favourite!) should help with the, ahem, blockedupness ;)

I've gone from my usual one coffee a day to four and no difference except worse stomach pains :pac:

I've gone from my usual one coffee a day to four and no difference except worse stomach pains :pac:

Bit of a Homer Simpson situation so - you might not be aware that coffee can be both the cause of and the solution to constipation (there, I said it :D ) - might be worth switching one or two of your daily coffees to decaf or caf-free to improve things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

5lb off so 2lb more to get back to where I was before Christmas and 6lb to my 4 stone award, think my head is finally back in the game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

3 1/2 down this week , a total of 20 1/2 in the four weeks since I started SW.
    Really happy with myself I was 16 St 11 standing at 6ft tall and am loving this plan eating rings round me and losing weight ��

• Advertisement

Gained 2 pounds. So disheartened because I was fine last week and while I was bad the week before I wasn't awful. Hopefully next week is better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement