Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

Quick question as I only joined SW last night!!

If i'm using a SW recipe and its coming in as free and the recipe is for 4 but i make it for 2 people is 2 portions still counted as free??

I know I could halve the amounts in the recipe but I'm curious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭emma_mc123

Jewow wrote: »
    Quick question as I only joined SW last night!!

If i'm using a SW recipe and its coming in as free and the recipe is for 4 but i make it for 2 people is 2 portions still counted as free??

I know I could halve the amounts in the recipe but I'm curious :)

Free recipes will always be free, but you have to remember to eat mindfully.
    Slimming world discourage overeating of any types of food

Thanks Emma,

I think i've messed up abit on the 1st day trying to get my head round it, I had both milk and cheese instead of only choosing one so if i leave out 'b' choice maybe I'll be ok?? also calculated syns wrong so think i went over 15 :(
    It's difficult when you're not prepared as in I haven't done a proper food shop yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭emma_mc123

Jewow wrote: »
    Thanks Emma,

I think i've messed up abit on the 1st day trying to get my head round it, I had both milk and cheese instead of only choosing one so if i leave out 'b' choice maybe I'll be ok?? also calculated syns wrong so think i went over 15 :(
    It's difficult when you're not prepared as in I haven't done a proper food shop yet!!

don't be too hard on yourself, there is a certain learning curve and amount of preparation

unfortunately you cannot substitute a hexb for 2 hexa's, either the cheese or the milk will have to go towards your syns (pick the lowest)

just always remember if you loose focus or make mistakes, learn from it, draw a line under it, and get back on the wagon right away :)

Thanks for that positive vibes there Emma, I've so many questions it's not funny but I'll do as u advised and do my best!! and hope for a loss next week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Today I got my 4 stone award and I started in Feb 2012.
    Hello Jewow,
    Keep a food dairy for you consultant to have a look at and they can advise you on how to improve on the things your doing. Keep a note of your weight loss on these and your building up a reference to look back on at a later date.
    You need to eat you health a and b each day. If you using weetabix ect you need to syn your bread. The dunnes better for you wholemeal has 2 syns a slice & the weight watchers wholemeal has 3 syns a slice. Don't use any other bread as some breads have 4 to 7 syns a slice.
    Also if you drink a lot of tea or coffee use skimmed milk and measure you allowance in a jug and work from this jug to you keep within your allowance.
    Have a min of 5 syns each day as they help you lose weight. Also the syns help you have a nice sauce on your dinner or a treat in the evening like a bag of low fat crisps. You don't feel deprived and this helps you not to binge.

To miss choc
    I would start to do the body magic each day. I have your shape and the walking helps you lose the weight here and tones you up also.
    If you have any questions put them up here as we are all trying to lose weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭boxercreations

miss choc wrote: »
    I have 2st 7lb to lose so am going to do increments of half stone would like to get most of the stone off by Christmas. Its all on my hips I have a tiny upper body size 10 everything just goes onto the hips typical pear shape :rolleyes:
    Walking/jogging will help - I always had a big bum and hips - even back when was in school. I walk (with a bit of jogging) 30-40km a week and the weight has fallen off my bum and legs (leaving me with a big round jelly belly :()
    Aim for about 6km an hour walking - no dawdling allowed ;)

Thanks okiss, I'm loving this thread everyone is so helpful and quick with their replies :)

Does anyone know I bought brennans bread crunchy with oatmeal and linseed would this be acceptable on the 'b' choice or wud I need to use syns??

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Hi Jewow,
    You can only use the ww thick wholemeal bread 2 slices or 3 slices of Dunnes Wholemeal better for you bread as a healthy b. This is due to the calorie count and the amount of fiber per slice in this bread.
    I looked up the Brennans bread website for you as they make the ww bread and the brennans bread crunchy with oatmeal and linseed .
    The ww bread has 68 cals a slice with 1.8g fibre if syns = 3 syns a slice
    Two slices of this bread is a healthy B

The brennans bread crunchy with oatmeal and linseed has 83 cals a slice with 2g fibre which is = to 4 syns a slice.
    You can't use this bread as a healthy b due to the calorie content but you could eat it if you are willing to use 4 syns per slice and remember that if you have butter you need to syns this also.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cupcake123

Hi guys,havnt checked in in a while was away on hols ,great losses and lots of new members joining in here which is great to see ,ive been reading all the posts ive missed and theencouragement from everyone here is fab ....I myself was thrilled to lose a half stone on my holidays,which got me my 4 stone award ....Didnt feel deprived at all on holidays ...i drank every day ate syn free during the day and used them for my meals at night ,but i made good dinner choices most nights i walked and swam every day ,and it obviously payed off ....never expected that ,would have been happy with a maintain ..Delighted ,ive set my Christmas target at 5stone loss any more on top will be a bonus ....This is a change for life and my holiday made me realisei finally feel like im making choices without even thinking about it ..which can only be a good thing and that in the long run will keep my weight off once and for all for good ...12 weigh ins to christmas guys ..lets make them count ,how fab will we all feel come xmas in our new slimmer bodies ....good luck everyone ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CuteStuff

Hi Guys

Great stories in here. Well done lads. Great achievements. I've been following slimming world 7 weeks now and having great success. Thought I might join here too!!!!

I have to say I am not missing bread at all. I buy a loaf for my husband and I don't even go near it. I rather use my b extra on my cereal. Must be hard for you guys that love the bread :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Hi folks
    I joined SW last year and it was great - dropped out after xmas though! :(

Im thinking of doing it myself at home now rather than going to the groups - yes I know that its encouragement etc but getting there and back at night is a bit of an issue. Anyone got any tips for DIY SW??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 treeebz

Just make sure that a third of your plate is filled with veg.

Snack on things like fruit instead of the naughtiness.

Go easy on dairy and bread. Choose between milk and cheese each day. Use wholemeal bread and don't eat too much of it.

the slimming world plan is common sense, judge it for yourself, only you know if you're eating too much or trying to starve yourself. Good luck.

Dovies wrote: »
    Hi folks
    I joined SW last year and it was great - dropped out after xmas though! :(

Im thinking of doing it myself at home now rather than going to the groups - yes I know that its encouragement etc but getting there and back at night is a bit of an issue. Anyone got any tips for DIY SW??
    I did mine myself at home to start but then I joined up online as I needed the extra bit of discipline (if I thought I'd had a bad week I'd just skip WI so I needed to face up to it!) - I do the body magic challenges, use the food diary if I've had a bad week & WI. It also gives me some time to actually account for and focus on my weight loss.
    The Minims forum has a lot of SW advice and people doing it themselves.
    Good Luck!

cupcake123 wrote: »
    Hi guys,havnt checked in in a while was away on hols ,great losses and lots of new members joining in here which is great to see ,ive been reading all the posts ive missed and theencouragement from everyone here is fab ....I myself was thrilled to lose a half stone on my holidays,which got me my 4 stone award ....Didnt feel deprived at all on holidays ...i drank every day ate syn free during the day and used them for my meals at night ,but i made good dinner choices most nights i walked and swam every day ,and it obviously payed off ....never expected that ,would have been happy with a maintain ..Delighted ,ive set my Christmas target at 5stone loss any more on top will be a bonus ....This is a change for life and my holiday made me realisei finally feel like im making choices without even thinking about it ..which can only be a good thing and that in the long run will keep my weight off once and for all for good ...12 weigh ins to christmas guys ..lets make them count ,how fab will we all feel come xmas in our new slimmer bodies ....good luck everyone ....

Holiday loss - well done you! I'd love to have the chance to swim every day (or more than I do now anyway) - moving next year and one of the things we've listed as important is being near to a decent leisure centre. Last week I started a stone gone by Xmas challenge. Hope I manage it - no correct that, I will do it!
    Anyone want to join in?
    I lost 4lb last week - so have 10 to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

Weigh in last night and stayed the same :(

I though i had a pretty good week so disappointed, but best foot forward, not the best start to my stone loss by xmas but hoping next week il do better...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 betty24

Hi all, quick question- heard about a new group opening in waterford next Thursday in some hotel on the quay-does anyone know anymore about this?time and hotel? Thanks a million

betty24 wrote: »
    Hi all, quick question- heard about a new group opening in waterford next Thursday in some hotel on the quay-does anyone know anymore about this?time and hotel? Thanks a million

from www.slimmingworld.ie
    Waterford
    Treacy's Hotel, 1 Merchants Quay, Waterford, EIRE
    Thursdays 7:30pm
    Your Consultant's name is Andrea
    Telephone 087 7377120
    * Opens soon (11/10/2012) *

• Registered Users Posts: 2 treeebz

just had my first weigh in and lost half a stone. Am absolutely chuffed to bits!!!

treeebz wrote: »
    just had my first weigh in and lost half a stone. Am absolutely chuffed to bits!!!
    That's bloody brilliant. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

I have my first weigh in tomorrow morn eekk. wish me luck :)

I have my first weigh in tomorrow morn eekk. wish me luck :)
    Good Luck - have you cheated and had a sneaky peek? :p

Good Luck - have you cheated and had a sneaky peek? :p

No I've hidden from my scale all wk lol. Been very good but tbh don't feel much of a difference sure I'll know anyway tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Quick question to know if I'm in the same boat as others, does anyone's consultant ring them midweek to check up?
    Im Finding it slightly off putting personally and don't know if I should continue as a only ever have small losses every week. Im happy only losing small amounts and still using my syns and enjoying myself :(

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

okiss wrote: »
    Hi Jewow,
    You can only use the ww thick wholemeal bread 2 slices or 3 slices of Dunnes Wholemeal better for you bread as a healthy b. This is due to the calorie count and the amount of fiber per slice in this bread.

This isn't true. you can use most whole meal breads and bread rolls as your hex b once its the correct weight allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Does anyone else here use their wii board to weigh themselves? i need to know if its just mine thats crazy when it comes to weighing!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

You can use any wholemeal bread, if the slices are normal size one and half is free, to eat the other half 2 syns
    samina wrote: »
    This isn't true. you can use most whole meal breads and bread rolls as your hex b once its the correct weight allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

Dair wrote: »
    You can use any wholemeal bread, if the slices are normal size one and half is free, to eat the other half 2 syns
    samina wrote: »

All slices are different sizes though, even in the same pan, so should be weighed to make sure your no going over.

Also dair as for the wii boards I think theyre like normal scales depends what part of the floor and what humour it's in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CuteStuff

Dair wrote: »
    Weigh in last night and stayed the same :(

I though i had a pretty good week so disappointed, but best foot forward, not the best start to my stone loss by xmas but hoping next week il do better...

Don't worry about it, you might have a big loss next week. Try not to get too disheartened. Maintain is better than putting anything on :D

• Advertisement

Hi guys first wk done and I'm down 6 and a half lbs :) just one and a half stone to go :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement