Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Wellyd wrote: »
    Came across a packet of chicken drumsticks in the freezer so I think I'm going to make the devilled chicken from the website! My consultant is trying to push the free food only thing because the last few times there were food tasters someone brought an apple tart, a cream cake from a bakery and custard slices. Which made zero sense to me!

I made the devilled chicken drumsticks and they were delicious. I was down 1/2lb tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Down half a pound. I think maybe the weight loss is slowing down now? I have lost 27lbs. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Laura McD

Ok, so here I go - week 1 of SW diet. Any tips?

Laura McD wrote: »

Write everything down before you eat or drink it and make sure it's honest even if the syns are blown out of the water. If you blow the syns draw a line under it and start again with the next meal or day and don't feel guilty as it's the road to ruination :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

deisemum wrote: »
    Write everything down before you eat or drink it and make sure it's honest even if the syns are blown out of the water. If you blow the syns draw a line under it and start again with the next meal or day and don't feel guilty as it's the road to ruination :)

Great advice. I've fallen off the wagon and I'm messing so I could do with going back to basics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Laura McD wrote: »

Try make a bit extra of everything. I always have a small container or two of leftovers in the fridge. They come in handy for times when you might have a wobble. They can be heated up in a minute or two and have saved me from going to the chipper on numerous occasions!

Also the day you weigh in try have food ready for after weigh in. I don't weigh in til evening so always have my dinner just ready before I go so that irregardless of what happens on the scales my slimming world friendly dinner is ready instead of me being in a bad mood and having a blow out!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭galwaygirl2

Hi everyone. I just joined SW Thurs eve for the first time. I felt that it was a bit rushed and I have a lot to learn yet. Delighted to have found this thread 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Hi everyone. I just joined SW Thurs eve for the first time. I felt that it was a bit rushed and I have a lot to learn yet. Delighted to have found this thread 😀

Welcome!
    Don't be afraid to sit in on the new member's talk again, it's hard to take it all in the first day. If you've any specific questions don't hesitate to ask here, we're a nice oul bunch!

dee_mc wrote: »
    Welcome!
    Don't be afraid to sit in on the new member's talk again, it's hard to take it all in the first day. If you've any specific questions don't hesitate to ask here, we're a nice oul bunch!

Thanks a mill. Ya that's a very good idea. Was reading through some of the pages and I'm like a lot of other ladies. Had my third child just over 4 months ago and was thinner coming out of hospital than I am now. Mad :)
    Just wondering do you have to have one healthy A and B option every day.?

Thanks a mill. Ya that's a very good idea. Was reading through some of the pages and I'm like a lot of other ladies. Had my third child just over 4 months ago and was thinner coming out of hospital than I am now. Mad :)
    Just wondering do you have to have one healthy A and B option every day.?

Yeah you should have a healthy A choice to fulfill your calcium and vitamin D needs (more if you're breast-feeding, your consultant can talk you through that) and one healthy B choice for fibre. Some people skip one or both but I think most people like to fit in some cheese, milk, bread or cereal without having to count syns!
    Lots of ladies in my group have joined after having babies and most of them find the whole family enjoy the recipes and style of eating SW encourages. My sister in law brings my little nephew and he loves catching up with all the people there (he's only 12 months but he's a proper social butterfly!). She joined when he was about the same age as your baby and she has lost her baby weight plus a few more pounds. I think it's all about revising your routine and making it work for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Lost 2 last week and very happy! Have been OK this week so far but been over synning a bit on the small things! Id really like to see 6 and a half pounds gone in the next 3 weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I mentioned having a dodgy stomach and being blocked up. I think it's down to how often I do SP days.

So I'm still doing SP, will be doing five days of it this week. but, instead of making loads of speed soup, I'm just cooking and eating the veg. Half of each plate is veg, but I'm actually using less veg than when I made soups, so it seems I ate too much veg.

On my third day of SP, stomach is absolutely fine since quitting the soup so hopefully I'll have a loss on Wednesday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Kinda been off the band wagon since Christmas. I gained 5lbs since so I'm going to start again tomorrow. Originally I went from 15.7 to 11.13 in 11 months.
    My target now is to get to 11St

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Weighed in on Saturday and gained 2.5lb. After weigh in last weekend I had a particularly decedent few days as we had guests so in actual fact on the Tuesday I was 5lbs up (:eek:) and managed to shed 2.5lbs but I'm still up :o

Have just made a large pot of brocolli and cauliflower soup, have a SW beef casserole ready for tonight and I'm just going to try a week of being totally on plan WITHOUT any Prosecco, wine, cheese or any other naughtiness.

I feel like psychologically I need a decent loss, I've been doing it five weeks and am only 7lb down (and that's with a 5lb loss the first week and then arseing about with losses and gains in the intervening weeks) so I seriously just need to cop on. I'm still inclined to go off plan at the weekend and that's what's doing the damage. :(

dee_mc wrote: »
    Yeah you should have a healthy A choice to fulfill your calcium and vitamin D needs (more if you're breast-feeding, your consultant can talk you through that) and one healthy B choice for fibre. Some people skip one or both but I think most people like to fit in some cheese, milk, bread or cereal without having to count syns!
    Lots of ladies in my group have joined after having babies and most of them find the whole family enjoy the recipes and style of eating SW encourages. My sister in law brings my little nephew and he loves catching up with all the people there (he's only 12 months but he's a proper social butterfly!). She joined when he was about the same age as your baby and she has lost her baby weight plus a few more pounds. I think it's all about revising your routine and making it work for you :)

Great advice there thanks dee. Ya I'm making SW dinners for the whole family only one to complain is the hubby. Made the SW curry and spaghetti bolonaise and I thought they were fab. Pre SW I would have used a jar of sauce. I guess he's used to the sugar in the sauces few more weeks and won't even notice. I had a bad headache Sat and Sun morning putting it down to the new diet as no alcohol was consumed ðŸ˜႒

Merkin wrote: »
    Weighed in on Saturday and gained 2.5lb. After weigh in last weekend I had a particularly decedent few days as we had guests so in actual fact on the Tuesday I was 5lbs up (:eek:) and managed to shed 2.5lbs but I'm still up :o

Have just made a large pot of brocolli and cauliflower soup, have a SW beef casserole ready for tonight and I'm just going to try a week of being totally on plan WITHOUT any Prosecco, wine, cheese or any other naughtiness.

I feel like psychologically I need a decent loss, I've been doing it five weeks and am only 7lb down (and that's with a 5lb loss the first week and then arseing about with losses and gains in the intervening weeks) so I seriously just need to cop on. I'm still inclined to go off plan at the weekend and that's what's doing the damage. :(

I only started Thursday and already finding the weekend tough. I wonder do most people have a big loss on first weigh in and slows down after that. I'm 15st 4.5 aiming to be 15 even on Thursday. Congrats on losing 7lbs that's great .

I only started Thursday and already finding the weekend tough. I wonder do most people have a big loss on first weigh in and slows down after that. I'm 15st 4.5 aiming to be 15 even on Thursday. Congrats on losing 7lbs that's great .

Thank you. I think it really depends, if you can stick to the plan rigidly then you can lose significantly, a lot of people have a big loss for the first few weeks and then it tends to slow a little. It all depends on getting to grips with the plan and what works best for you personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Merkin, I feel ya. I've had a rough week and it's manifested in IDGAF eating all weekend (the weekend starting on Thursday). I'm pulling it back today but I doubt it's enough! Must do better next week.

Are you using your syns? You can afford to use every one of them, don't be afraid! Weekends can be tough, for some people planning a 'flexi' weekend maybe once every month or 6 weeks is enough to keep on track the rest of the time. So for example you might decide to use 30 syns one Saturday, enough for a takeaway and a good few drinks, then return to normal plan on Sunday (no compensating by using fewer syns!).
    Most people lose more their first week than they do any other week, but for some people it takes a while to get a proper grip on the plan so if you don't have a big loss this week don't assume every other week you'll lose less! I was about the same starting weight as you and I lost 4.5 my first week, but as I say, I've seen other members lose a lot more and a lot less than that in week one!

Merkin, you've lost 7lbs in 5 weeks, that's fantastic! It's half a stone! Don't beat yourself up.

I understand needing it psychologically though. I had a 1/2lb loss last week which I was gutted about, but am putting down to a dodgy tummy. On weigh in day, I eat free food and no syns all day, then takeaway or something non sw at night as a cheat meal. Might not give me the best losses but it gives me something to look forward to, which keeps me on track.

I'm on day 4 of 5 SP days. Super strict, so I'll be pretty gutted if I don't get 1.5 off on Wednesday :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/26388347790123805/

this what 1lb fat looks like. dont be disappointed if you 'only' lose 1/2lb or lb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/26388347790123805/

this what 1lb fat looks like. dont be disappointed if you 'only' lose 1/2lb or lb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Down five pounds since I started the second week of January. I will be totally honest and say I've just completely blown it today with a pub lunch and dessert after a friend's funeral. Starting afresh tomorrow. :) Only five more pounds to go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I expected a sts or small gain tonight but lost 1.5 again so am now 2.5 below target(!).... Another 1lb and I'd be down 2 stone :eek: I'm tempted to go another 7lbs from target but it could end up being really slow and then I'll regret it lol. I was in a rut for months and months last year before I got to target and found it really frustrating so no sure I want to risk it..but at the same time think I've found the right balance for losing so it might be easier ...Decisions decisions!!!

Syn free pancake recipe using hex A & B, toppings not included but these taste more like a traditional pancake than the banana ones.

Frylight or similar
    35g oats (Healthy Extra)
    120ml skimmed or semi skimmed milk (Healthy Extra)
    2 eggs
    Pinch of salt

Method

Whiz everything in a blender until smooth and set aside for half an hour if possible and stir again.
    Spray a frying pan with frylight and heat it up.
    Pour a thinish layer of batter in the pan and swirl around until everything is coated and heat for around a 30 seconds to a minute on each side then set aside.
    Repeat step 3 until all the mixture is gone and top with whatever you fancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I'm starting slimming world now. I'm useless in the morning-just about manage to get myself and the baby out the door. Could anyone tell me
    1. If I chop fruit in advance how many days would it last? (Melon, kiwi, Apple, pear, berries are what I eat)
    2. How many eggs can you have a day?

I'm thinking that choped fruit/yoghurt for breakfast would allow me to keep my bread for lunchtime but I think I'd need a boiled egg or some form of protein to keep me full

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I'm starting slimming world now. I'm useless in the morning-just about manage to get myself and the baby out the door. Could anyone tell me
    1. If I chop fruit in advance how many days would it last? (Melon, kiwi, Apple, pear, berries are what I eat)

I'm thinking that choped fruit/yoghurt for breakfast would allow me to keep my bread for lunchtime but I think I'd need a boiled egg or some form of protein to keep me full

Eggs are not limited so you can have as many as you want, in reason of course.
    The fruit should definitely last 3 or 4 days i would say if kept in a container in the fridge.
    I always have eggs for breakfast as they fill me up the most. Fruit on its own wouldn't fill me up enough.

I lost 3.5!!! :D:D I've gone just beyond the stone mark now, so I'm getting my award in class once we start :D

I really wouldn't cut up fruit in advance. Once you cut into it the sugars begin to break down and you're losing the goodness. If you're eating things like Apple, kiwi, berries and pears they can be eaten whole anyway. Much better having them in their fresh, unaltered state.

I find eggs early good, I always feel sated when I've had some for breakfast. Would you have time to make a quick omelette in the morning? You could add some spinach and tomato to make it SP. Have you a microwave at work?

Best of luck with it. It's actually really easy to follow (when you actually stick to it that is!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

I'm starting slimming world now. I'm useless in the morning-just about manage to get myself and the baby out the door. Could anyone tell me 1. If I chop fruit in advance how many days would it last? (Melon, kiwi, Apple, pear, berries are what I eat) 2. How many eggs can you have a day?

Have you thought about the egg muffins for breakfast? Really handy to make a batch and keep them in the fridge to just grab and go in the morning, you can eat them cold or quick blast in the microwave if you want them hot. The recipe is on the website, I always have a tub in the fridge as they great for a quick snack too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement